Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sienna Miller IS Tippi Hedren!

in THE GIRL with Toby Jones as Alfred Hitchcock and Imelda Staunton as Alma Hitchcock. On HBO.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3610/31/2012

I assume Toby Jones is going to wear a fat suit; he's a little guy and Hitchcock was VERY big.

Supposedly this is Tippi Hedren's "revenge" against Hitchcock for "ruining" her career. WHAT career? The only reason anybody has ever heard of her is because she was in two Hitchcock films.

She did a short inteview in the NY Times recently. She sounds like a brainless, egotistical bitch.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 110/11/2012

How many Hitchcock movies do we need?

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 210/11/2012

Does Tippi Blame Rod and Angela and Jessica as well?

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 310/11/2012

Tippi is a sweetie. She goodnaturedly signed my The Birds Barbie and posed for a picture.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 410/11/2012

I find it interesting that this is the second time Toby Jones has played the same historical figure at the same time another, more flashy and/or famous, actor is playing the same role.

Funny thing is, in both cases, Jones seems to be the one who actually nails the part.

From what I can see in both trailers, Toby Jones seems to be the better Hitch.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 510/11/2012

Sienna looks quite haggard. Hard to believe she's only 30.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 610/11/2012

I think I like both versions of Hitchcocks (based on just the trailers, of course) but I'm not really impressed with either Scarlett Johansson or Sienna Miller as the actresses.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 710/11/2012

Tippi Hedren was much better looking than Sienna Miller!

And the trailer showed them making scenes from "Marnie", not just "The Birds"

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 810/11/2012

MARNIE-

Suspenseful SEX Mystery

"You don't love me...

I'm just some wild animal you've trapped!"

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 910/11/2012

What's with all the Hitchcock bios or whatever?

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1010/11/2012

Hey, r3. That wasn't fucking Angela Cartwright in The Birds!

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1110/11/2012

I disagree. I don't like Jones in this trailer at all. Hopkins nails it.

But Imelda Staunton certainly looks more like Alma than Helen Mirren does.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1210/11/2012

I'd rather see a film exploring the relationship of Hitchcock and another compulsive control freak David O Selznick, the producer who brought Hitchcock to Hollywood to make Rebecca.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1310/11/2012

This abuse didn't take blace in a vacuum, why didn't Tippi ask someone, anyone on the set to help her? I don't blame Tippi, but I do blame the cast and crew for not intervening.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1410/11/2012

Miller's so bland and generic, I forget what she looks like when she's not right in front of me. And her accent is off.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1510/12/2012

That dumb breathy voice she's doing sounds stupid.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1610/13/2012

[quote]Miller's so bland and generic, I forget what she looks like when she's not right in front of me.

Well, that makes her perfect for Tippi.

[quote]And her accent is off.

There we agree. Tippi has a very nasal modified Minnesota accent.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1710/13/2012

I think this is based on Donald Spoto's hatchet job biography of Hitchcock. Spoto is one bitchy queen; for some reason he hates Alfred Hitchcock and always tries to portray him in the worst light possible. Hitchcock was a brilliant, original artist and highly intelligent. He had his demons (he was trapped in a huge, ungainly body his whole life) but he was definitely not the monster Spoto depicted him as.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1810/13/2012

Some reviews:

David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter

[quote]This account of the obsessive master/muse relationship between Alfred Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren entertains but falls short on psychological insight… The script doesn’t quite build Hedron into a three-dimensional character, but Miller makes a suitably beguiling prey to Jones’ predator while still showing enough backbone not to fall completely victim to the puppet-master’s power games.

Drew Taylor, The Playlist

[quote]While it has a brief running time and a whole lot of personal Hitchcock narrative to squeeze in (including the production of the second movie that Hedren and Hitchcock did together, in spite of everything, "Marnie"), the film feels thin and uninvolving. Besides the conspicuously low budget (the photography is flat and the audio tinny), "The Girl" seems doggedly uninterested in exploring Hedren's emotional interior.

Matt Patches, Hollywood.com

[quote]Toby Jones is astounding as Hitchcock, conjuring up the charm on the surface and unearthing Hitchcock's twisted center that would occasionally bubble to the top. Jones' Hitch is plagued by his physical insecurities and, in turn, capitalizes on his clout to muscle others. The actor disappears into Hitchcock's voice and mannerisms, but they're never prohibitive of Jones layered performance. Miller, who has been out of the spotlight for a few years, plays Hedren like one of the blonde bombshells that would turn up in the Hitchcock's own films. Hedren's not fleshed out like Hitchcock, but Miller bounces back and forth gracefully…

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 1910/17/2012

[quote] Supposedly this is Tippi Hedren's "revenge" against Hitchcock for "ruining" her career. WHAT career? The only reason anybody has ever heard of her is because she was in two Hitchcock films.

The point is that she potentially could have had a much bigger career and be known for much more than 2 Hitchcock films. She was a huge star for a brief moment in time, but when she should have capitalized on it, Hitchcock shut her down completely and forced her star power to die a quick death.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2010/29/2012

Sure, Hitchcock dropped Hedren for some personal reason, but did he prevent anyone else from hiring her?

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2110/30/2012

Tippi Hedren supports the animals and her gays. You should be supporting her!

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2210/30/2012

I saw it. Sienna Miler looked nothing like Tippi Hedren. However, she did look like a young Doris Day, in case they make her bio.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2310/30/2012

When I first saw her as Tippy, I thought she was Naomi Watts. They look very much alike.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2410/30/2012

The other Hitchcock film took place before Tippy was in the picture.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2510/30/2012

They are also doing another version with Hitchcock doing Vertigo.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2610/30/2012

[quote]I thought she was Naomi Watts. They look very much alike.

Sienna's voice distracted me because she SOUNDS like Naomi Watts too.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2710/30/2012

A younger Jessica Lange would have been perfect as Tippi Hedren.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2810/30/2012

"They are also doing another version with Hitchcock doing Vertigo."

WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK, WHY?????

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 2910/30/2012

r29, why NOT? Alfred Hitchcock was a great director.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3010/30/2012

"The point is that she potentially could have had a much bigger career and be known for much more than 2 Hitchcock films. She was a huge star for a brief moment in time, but when she should have capitalized on it, Hitchcock shut her down completely and forced her star power to die a quick death."

Her "star power?" You must be fucking kidding! Hedren was bland, mediocre, a generic blonde; there was nothing interesting about her at all. She got a lot of publicity due to her roles in Hitchcock's films, but she sure as hell wasn't a "big star." She never would have been a big star, for this simple reason: she had no talent. That was the real reason her career went nowhere. No talent.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3110/30/2012

Seriously, DID Hitchcock prevent her from accepting other roles? Did he have her under exclusive contract, refuse to use her in her films and refuse to let her work for anyone else?

If there was no such contract and she was free to accept any non-Hitch roles, then Hitch didn't destroy her career. Sure, he stopped working with her, but if nobody else offered her any good roles then it was because she wasn't considered talented or a box-office draw.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3210/30/2012

[quote]He had his demons (he was trapped in a huge, ungainly body his whole life)

What a ridiculous statement. He was not "trapped". He could have eaten less and gotten off of his fat ass to exercise. He did not have to be so huge. No one does.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3310/30/2012

[quote] Seriously, DID Hitchcock prevent her from accepting other roles? Did he have her under exclusive contract, refuse to use her in her films and refuse to let her work for anyone else?

She was under a multi-year exclusive contract with Hitch.

From Wikipedia:

[quote] Other directors who wanted to hire her had to go through Hitchcock, who would inform them she was unavailable. "It grew to be impossible. He was a very controlling type of person, and I guess I'm not about to be controlled," said Hedren. When Hedren tried to get out of her contract, she recalls Hitchcock telling her he'd ruin her career. "And he did: kept me under contract, kept paying me every week for almost two years to do nothing."

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3410/30/2012

[quote] Her "star power?" You must be fucking kidding!

No, actually I'm not fucking kidding.

[quote] Hedren was bland, mediocre, a generic blonde; there was nothing interesting about her at all. She got a lot of publicity due to her roles in Hitchcock's films, but she sure as hell wasn't a "big star." She never would have been a big star, for this simple reason: she had no talent. That was the real reason her career went nowhere. No talent.

You're confusing talent with being a star. Whether or not she had real talent is irrelevant. The point is, for a very brief moment in time, she WAS a big star. The Birds got rave reviews and was a hit. It's perfectly logical to assume that Hedren would have been in demand as a result. Whether or not she could have sustained is another story, and we'll never know. But look at all the non-talents out there who were/are big stars. Hell, her own daughter was a big star for a while, and she has absolutely no talent whatsoever, yet she was even nominated for an Oscar.

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3510/30/2012

[quote] Sienna Miller IS Tippi Hedren

Who gives a shit? Hedren writes an underwear model. Hitchcock spotted her in a brassiere ad. She couldn't act.

Her daughter Melanie Griffith Is a turd. She wails about how she was traumatized by a well-planned publicity stunt. On her birthday, Hitchcock had her come to the studio where he presented her with a birthday cake and a "present" of a doll that looked like Melanie Daniels in a coffin.

"Boo hoo, hitchcock scared me by giving me such an awful gift!"

Kids loved Alfred Hitchcock. We loved his shows. We weren't old enough to watch how movies but we knew that he was a funny guy who was on tv every week and made jokes about death, crime, murder. He sat in electric chairs, stood next to guillotines and skeletons. He was like Zacherly and Elvira to us little kids. She knew her mother was in a movie directed by Hitchcock.

We would have thought it was great if Hitchcock gave us a doll that looked like a character our mom was playing. And if Griffith was too young to understand who Hitchcock was and what he did on tv, then how was she old enough to know what a coffin was?

by Tippi , exciting new screen personality!reply 3610/31/2012
Need more help? Click Here.