Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can you name something that would make the iPad even better?

Other than being able to play flash videos.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012

HD aspect ratio.

Stupid of Apple

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

This is a funny question to me, OP. Not necessarily about the ipad, but a friend and I were discussing modern technology yesterday and we were joking about the fact that when we were kids we had all of these ideas for technology that we wished existed, but these days technology has almost surpassed our imaginations. Short of fantasy and magic- like time travel or reading other people's minds- most of the advances in technology that we were looking forward to were incremental upgrades. During the 80s/90s portrait televisions and witch phones seemed so far off.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2012

It could vacuum and do my laundry for me … well, you asked.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2012

Yeah, flip your iPad over and it becomes a Roomba.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2012

[quote]Other than being able to play flash videos.

If more sites would get on the 2012 program and serve iOS-compatible video formats to iPads

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2012

A touch screen shadow display system.

ie, when I put the iPad physically on top of another display, it rebroadcast the info, but with iPads zoom in and scroll control.

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2012

The ability to have more than one app open at one time.

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2012

The day and date being displayed at the top of the screen, along with the time.

The ability to open a new screen the same way it can be done on the iPhone

Accept my songs from my computer (my iPad will not do this)

Delete key (Why did Steve Jobs hate the delete key?)

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2012

I want it to love me truly.

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2012

Lighter and with a built in kick stand.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2012

A user interface conducive to the tablet form factor instead of simply being a giant iPod Touch.

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2012

A "back" key.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2012

A mouse.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2012

That's a delete key, R12

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2012

Glass that doesn't show all my greasy finger prints.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2012

I think the future of the iPad is as an enhancement system to all other systems. Look at what Roland Electronics is doing with the iPad and the Jupiter 50/80 Keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2012

A big fucking hinge in the middle to fold and unfold it.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2012

[quote]That's a delete key

No. It's akin to the back button on an Android device or the back button on a browser. It's not "delete." I use it all the time on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2012

I would like it better if it wasn't made by Apple.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2012

If it can play Cam4.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2012

Arrow buttons. It's ridiculous that in order to insert a letter somewhere, I have to use my finger and it takes forever to just hit the right spot. Arrow buttons would be much more useful.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

I agree with the arrow buttons. I would also really like haptic touch; the keyboards on these things and iphones fucking suck.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

3D holographic projection on a small scale for manipulation of models and maps etc

Video chatting is close but still too cludgy - it needs to be as effortless and clear as tapping someone on the shoulder

Liquid in the screen that can be manipulated by programs to create custom tactile buttons (especially useful for the blind)

I don't want to touch the screen - make it recognize me/my face and respond to my verbal commands and hand signals

Perfect dictation and transcription able to track multiple speakers

Learn my schedule and adapt to it. Manually setting alarms and turning on/off audio and alerts is annoying.

Allow me to create a completely custom avatar of "Siri" and change its voice and have it follow me in all the screens I own and be available in my car and everywhere I go, and let me change its personality using a voting system similar to Pandora.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2012

Developed properly, the iPad could become the universal machine interface.

AKA all other machines would have an "iPad by touch feature", allowing you to touch the iPad to the surface of your TV, washer, alarm system etc. and have the appropriate controls then appear on the iPad screen, automatically.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2012

Allow me to copy and paste from the same page more than once.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2012

The addition of Siri & for Gods sake Apple, stereo speakers !! nothing better than watching an action flick or music on your ipad in mono, sometimes you don't want to wear headphones

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2012

listening to music

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2012

R23 = Crazy LOON. Every town has one.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!