Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Titanic: Blood and Steel

The show runners seem to have no idea that people from Belfast do not have stereotypical TV Irish accents.

My grandparents were from Belfast. They sounded more Scottish than Irish. My great-grandfather worked in the Belfast shipyards on the building of the Titanic. He was Catholic but had a Protestant last name because his father was a Protestant who married a Catholic woman and was disowned by his family. The children were brought up Catholic. Anyway, my great grandfather passed himself off as a Protestant and got a job in the shipyards. One day, he saw a Catholic man he knew getting beaten by his coworkers. He went to the man's aid and his coworkers realized he was Catholic and beat him, too. After the beating he came down with pneumonia and died.

Aside from the fact that no one on this show has a Belfast accent, they don't even have what sounds like a genuine southern Irish accent, either.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

On which channel is this airing, OP?

Is Damian O'Hare in it? He's fave of mine, if so.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

Kate Winslet looked to fat in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

She is handsome, she is pretty!

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

It's on Encore.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

My grandmother also claimed that protestand shipyard workers wrote all kinds of anti-Catholic graffiti all over the outside of the ship before it was painted. She said they wrote things about the "blessed virgin" and that the pope fucks nuns (they were wrong, as it turns out.more like the altar boys who were in danger). She claims that Carholics predicted the ship would sink because of what was written under the paint.

I think that part of her story is bollocks.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

Hmm, I don't think I get Encore on my cable.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

I hope this sinks (pardon my pun) Gerard McCarthy's chances of a career. He's fugly and can't act.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.