Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wisconsin GOP lawmaker: "some girls rape easy"

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:19 pm

A Wisconsin state lawmaker endorsed by Paul Ryan has come under criticism for suggesting that “some girls rape easy.” While discussing a case in which “a 17-year-old high school senior was charged with sexual assault for having sex with an underage girl in the school’s band room,” State Rep. Roger Rivard (R) told the Chetek Alert newspaper in December that his father taught him that some girls will portray a sexual encounter as rape if they become pregnant. He is now claiming that those remarks were taken out of context and has issued a statement condemning sexual violence:

On Wednesday, Rivard told the Journal Sentinel the article did not provide full context of his comments and that his father’s exact words had been slightly different from how they appeared in the Chetek Alert.

He told the Journal Sentinel that his father had advised him not to have premarital sex, and he took that seriously.

“He also told me one thing, ‘If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,’ ” Rivard said. “Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she’s not going to say, ‘Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.’ All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she’s underage. And he just said, ‘Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,’ he said, ‘they rape so easy.’

“What the whole genesis of it was, it was advice to me, telling me, ‘If you’re going to go down that road, you may have consensual sex that night and then the next morning it may be rape.’ So the way he said it was, ‘Just remember, Roger, some girls, they rape so easy. It may be rape the next morning.’

“So it’s been kind of taken out of context.”

Ryan endorsed Rivard on August 9, just two days before he was selected to be Mitt Romney’s running mate. “Roger needs to be reaffirmed to get this job done and fix the State of Wisconsin,” Ryan said.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

Regardless of his point, his choice of words demonstrates that he's too stupid for public office.

Though given the average Republican mentality these days, maybe not...

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

As the article mentions, this guy is endorsed by Paul Ryan.

He needs to be connected to him.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

Some girls rape easy

Some girls have all the pain

Some girls get vaginal tears

Some girls do nothing but complain

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

[quote] Roger Rivard (R) told the Chetek Alert newspaper in December that his father taught him that some girls will portray a sexual encounter as rape if they become pregnant. He is now claiming that those remarks were taken out of context

What he really meant was women who get so called 'raped' were really asking for it. They wanted it to happen. They caused it to happen. They're whores

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

Any woman who votes GOP is self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

Jodie Foster beat my wonderful performance in A Cry in the Dark with that rape movie of hers.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

And yet people will vote for them. Unbelievable. I'd say they should all just shut up already about women in general, but then we wouldn't know their true views AND values.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

Rethuglican men seem to be completely incapable of not talking about women and rape. Why is that? It is really unbelievable that they mouth off about these topics at the drop of a hat. And, they say the most inane and stupid things.

Well, they are Repukes, after all.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

I wonder if he knows this from experience?

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

His comments make me want to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2012

Ha, good point r9. I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

[quote] rape easy

Oh, Dearly...

And yes, he is an ignorant asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2012

[quote]Rethuglican men seem to be completely incapable of not talking about women and rape. Why is that?

They are angry white men. They are used to getting the best jobs without a fight. They expect to do what they're told and not put up a fight. If nature does not give them what they want, they will legislate what they want.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2012

It wasn't rape rape!

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2012

That should be: "They expect [italic]women[/italic] to do what they're told . . [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2012

And why isn't the CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. running these stories? I won't even mention Fox because they are going to ignore it for obvious reasons. Why can't Jon Stewart or Maher do a piece on these loons and the shit that's been coming out the last few weeks?

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2012

oh, but there's no "war on women", no sir!

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2012

Wow, these white guys who are so enthralled with raping women have been waiting a long time to say so. This year they feel like they have permission, for some reason, to spout all their stupid rapey bs.

This is the tea party world, and white men rule, just like in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2012

and he knows where to find 'em!

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2012

"Rethuglican men seem to be completely incapable of not talking about women and rape. Why is that? It is really unbelievable that they mouth off about these topics at the drop of a hat."

This is the sort of thing they've always said to each other in private: That women who are raped are whores, that it's fun to beat up queers, that minorities are intrinsically inferior, and that white straight men are the natural masters of the universe.

Maybe R18 is correct and that they're feeling empowers to say this crap for some reason, or maybe the press has stopped pandering to them.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2012

So if they 'rape easy' is it 'true rape' and the woman's body can take care of what the man has done when he go up into her?

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

This idiot cannot win re-election unless repuke women vote for him. And he IS going to win re-election.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.