Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Stealth" Eldergays Are Hilarious

I was picking up a prescription today, and this pushy eldergay asked if I was waiting in line (which I clearly was). When I made eye contact to give him a curt, "Yes," I noticed he was one of those older men who will never come to grips with the fact that they aren't 25 anymore. He looked like he was at least 65, but he was wearing trendy workout gear intended for someone far younger. He was also frantically texting because, you know, that's what you'd people do or whatever. The icing on the cake is when his partner, who had to be about 70, walked up in similar gear (and a blonde toupee)!

My pointless inner-bitchery was interrupted when I was called to the counter to pick up my prescription, but a second pharmacist came out and the guy behind me came forward. So here he is, totally basking in his "youthfulness," and then realty hits! The pharmacist asked for the guys date of birth and I clearly heard the month and day, but he whispered the year. Too bad the person helping me didn't ask my birthdate. I would've yelled out 1986 and smiled at Mr. Stealth Eldergay.

I don't get it. Older men who embrace their maturity are hot. Why don't some people get how silly they come across by refusing to grow up?

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2012

You suck, OP.

I mean it!

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

What script were you picking up at the pharmacy OP?

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

Valtrex, obviously r2. Mixes great with garage-made meth.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

Well, this didn't go as well as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

It's going exactly as expected. I'm quote aware of DL's bitter eldergay contingent.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

OP, you seem oblivious to how the hilarious "stealth" eldergays are created. Fortunately, you are the perfect case study - as was the man with the trendy workout gear. In 25 years, re-read your post - you just saw your future self.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

OP has a channel on Cam4 taking deep loads in a motel in Tampa. Hence, the prescriptions.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

[quote] that's what you'd people do or whatever

Whatever, oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

[quote]I'm quote aware of DL's bitter eldergay contingent.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2012

Trendy workout gear?

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

[quote]When I made eye contact to give him a curt, "Yes,"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2012

You don't need to tell them the year of your birthday at the pharmacy, OP. they only need month and date. I'm surprised you didn't discover this while doing research for your little novella.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2012

To me, YOU'RE the eldergay, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2012

This thread is very sad. What has become of people caring for others?

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2012

And why is it exactly that this matters to you in the least? Nothing they did or wore has any effect on you. And don't give us some bullshit that you don't care. You wrote two long paragraphs detailing this brief encounter. On some level you care.

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2012

Sounds like the only one "bitter" is you, OP - as in "a bitter pill to take." I'll bet that's what your few friends think of you.

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2012

she is bitter because her mastercard with its $500 limit was declined because she went to beer bust at the Eagle last sunday and tried to show off buying people kamakazies, and the couple snickered but didn't think she was cute enough to help.

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2012

Oh honey, of all the things in your life to be proud of, don't go with youth!

It's the one thing about you that's absolutely guaranteed to go away.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

Once, several years ago, I was in a grocery store checkout line held up by a very elderly man with very, very wispy grown out dyed hair. He had horribly crooked posture and was accompanied by an attendant. The hold up was for the the office to deliver some rain checks for Minoxidil (sp?) which was on sale. After they were produced, they left and boarded a bus from a nearby assisted living complex. I have no idea whether he was gay or straight; he was beyond the age where the distinction could be made.

Does this story validate the OP?

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

Condoms OP, condoms condoms condoms!

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2012

Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2210/10/2012

[quote]I would've yelled out 1986 and smiled at Mr. Stealth Eldergay.

Christ, you're 26? Ewwwwww, kill it!!!

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2012

Oh, are there prescriptions for NPD now?

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2012

I F&Fd R3 because the invocation of HIV meds is hateful and irrelevant to the supposed humor of the post. It's a gay site and it would be men in the age group the idiot at R3 is pretending to defend who suffered the most from AIDS, and don't need his cheap shot.

by Anonymousreply 2510/10/2012

OP, you need to remember there's always someone younger than you, you were already in grade school when I was born! So to me you're the eldergay. 26 is young but not THAT young.

by Anonymousreply 2610/10/2012

Sorry, R12 - that should have read, "When I made eye contact to give him a [italic]curtsey[/italic]..."

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2012

In hindsight this thread was mean and unnecessary. In case it wasn't obvious, I was picking up antidepressants...a higher dosage than usual. Guess I'm so dissatisfied with my own life that I figured others are fair game. I know that's not the case, but...

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2012

I don't get the "stealth" part of OP's post. The fact that they were gay seemed pretty obvious from the admittedly mean but funny description.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2012

OP, you know young people don't have a monopoly on work out clothes and texting.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2012

The eldergays around here are so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2012

I agree with op. Eldergays should wear robes and carve their texts on marble using a chisel.

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.