Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Hitchcock" trailer drops! starring Datalounge's cherished, beloved, and adored Scarlett Johannson as Janet Leigh!

Johansson fans can enjoy all the magic here!

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

Don't forget ME, ducky!!

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

Is Scarlett's role small? She doesn't get a mention in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

I smell Oscar nominations for Sir. Anthony Hopkins and Dame Helen Mirren!

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

In limited release (*) November 21st, 2012.

EVERYWHERE! Janaury 18th, 2013

(*) New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Boston.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

January not Janaury!!

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

They thought if they didn't mention Scarlett was in it it'd have a better chance.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

When they announced the supporting cast I was skeptical they could pull it off. But, wow! This looks good! ScarJo carries herself well.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

I still can't tell exactly what it's going to be about from a dramatic standpoint. I guess the story's tension will come from the fact the Hitchcocks put up their own money to make the film and weren't sure whether or not they'd make money off of it.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

Any word on how this film is?

The limited release tells me they're not expecting much.

by Anonymousreply 910/14/2012

A limited release is usually so that the film can qualify for Oscars or some shit. It has to be in theaters in 2012, even if it's for a week.

by Anonymousreply 1010/14/2012

It looks campy, in a good way. Why does Helen's skin look waxy. Is it prosthetics to make her look like Alma?

by Anonymousreply 1110/14/2012

Does Toby Jones specialize in playing second tier biopic leads? He played second fiddle to Phillip Seymour Hoffman's Truman Capote and now he is doing the same to Anthony Hopkins' Hitchcock.

by Anonymousreply 1210/14/2012

Toby Jones' performance as Capote was excellent. Unfortunately he seems to turn up in everything now, and I can't take him seriously as Hitchcock.

The drama of this one, much like "My Week with Marilyn", seems to stem from taking a small part of a creative persons life and injecting it with way more drama so it seems like their whole life is hanging in the balance. I hated the lines from the press in the trailer about him retiring at 60- they're clearly there for the audience to be "Hahaha, stupid reporters, he's just about to make fucking Psycho!"

by Anonymousreply 1310/14/2012

When did Helen Mirren morph into a caricature of an actress?

by Anonymousreply 1410/14/2012

Who is this?

by Anonymousreply 1510/14/2012

Or Hitch writing a check to finance Psycho, which cost less than $1 million to make and was done with a TV crew. Only to become Hitch's most successful film at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 1610/14/2012

I agree r13. It's so cliché and trite. I highly doubt anyone asked him to retire when he was just coming off North by NorthWest . Hitch was at the height of his career.

by Anonymousreply 1710/14/2012

And I always thought that Hitchcock writing the check for this movie wasn't about the fact that [italic]no one[/italic] would finance it but for the fact he wanted total creative control.

by Anonymousreply 1810/14/2012

I do wonder if they'll make a point that Tony Perkins' career hit a plateau after this movie. He really did risk his whole persona on this film and it didn't quite pay off for him in the long run did it? I wonder if Perkins knew what he was getting into .

by Anonymousreply 1910/14/2012

I'm glad for James D'Arcy.

by Anonymousreply 2010/14/2012

Anyone seen any previews yet?

by Anonymousreply 2111/27/2012

I saw 'Hitchcock' yesterday. Johannson was not even close to Janet Leigh. Only the wig reminded me of Janet, nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!