Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does your partner snore?

If so, what don you do about it? I don't want to have to sleep in another room.

by Anonymousreply 1910/14/2012

Ohropax (see link) - unusually comfortable soft wax earplugs from Germany - and a mutual agreement that I can nudge him and he'll roll over. He only snores on his back; goes to sleep on his side but then rolls over and the snoring starts.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

Loud snorers are usually fat hogs.

If they'd lose some poundage, they'd lower the decibel level in the boudoir.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

Tell that to my bf who is 6'2/167, r2.

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

Same as R3, my partner is 6'1 and 170 lbs - in fact he's running the NYC marathon. It's true though that obese people tend to snore.

In my partner's case I think a contributing factor is that he gets congested from eating dairy foods right before bedtime. He denies it but, it seems to me that many of the times we have a bad snoring night, I wake up first and in the kitchen I find evidence that he consumed cheese or yogurt or milk right before bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

Just wait.

Skinny snorers haven't found their inner hog yet.

Fast forward 25 years, you'll see!

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

Yeah, but even though it sometimes keeps me awake, I find it comforting.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

Yes, and it's turning into apnea. I have to roll him over. And after a while I sleep in another bed, or on the couch, until he slows down - usually from 11-3 I'm somewhere else.

He isn't doing anything about the apnea. He blames his sinuses and is working on allergy relief. He's in his 60s and those soft tissues are just slapping together and no amount of prescription nose spray is going to take care of it.

He has suggested separate sleeping rooms, but I can't bear the thought of it. I'd rather float than lose that connection - our bedroom - and feel time separating us.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

My partner refused to do anything about his snoring and I ended up sleeping in the other bedroom. It didn't do wonders for our relationship - it drifted us apart.

However - I can understand how it could work. For me though, I was resentful and he didn't understand what torture it is to live with a person who snores LOUD.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

I want to know the phenomenon that everyone can hear you snoring, even keeping people up yet you can't hear yourself.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

for 28 years but I still love him :)

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

Mine snores loudly and flails about in his sleep. I don't like wearing ear plugs, so when he stays with me, it's Ambien time.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

I hate to say it but, Ambien -for you.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

Everyone I know snores. Even my cat.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

I pinch his nipples so that he wakes up and rolls over.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

Mine only snores when he's extremely tired and hasn't gotten enough rest that week. I usually wake him and tell him he's snoring so that he can at least turn his head. He sleeps flat on his back facing straight up which makes snoring worse.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

If you're Kevin Jonas you get a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 1610/14/2012

We both now snore up a storm. Age and weight. We now have 2 bedrooms so that we can each get a good night sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1710/14/2012

Are you still in love with each other, R17?

by Anonymousreply 1810/14/2012

Very much so. 25 years and counting. But sleep is sleep and he is a stay at home frau cooking and doing whatever and I am a worker drone.

by Anonymousreply 1910/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.