Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fedex delivery people

I live in a condo. Too often they do not bother to call to obtain a signature. Most of the time, they stick a notice on the front door and they don't include the name or the unit number. What little writing there is (time, date) is barely legible.

Why do companies keep people like this when so many others are out of work and looking for employment?

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

It's come to the point where I won't order anything from a company if Fedex is the only shipping option.. The USPS is better. And that's saying something. I have Amazon Prime and it is totally useless because they only ship Fedex for two day delivery and I never seem to be home when the package is delivered. I chose the leave package option on my last delivery and the driver ignored it and sent the package back to the processing center. I had to make a trip to get the package and it was a full week before I had the package in my hands. FUCK YOU FEDEX!

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

[quote]I have Amazon Prime and it is totally useless because they only ship Fedex for two day delivery

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

OP, call them and make your displeasure known! Give them whatfor! Let them know you are not to be trifled with! Give them a good piece of your mind!

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

My amazon prime usually delivers ups

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

In our area amazon prime uses some fly by night service that simply drops packages outside the door and takes off. I get that it can be hard to catch people at home for deliveries but we're self employed and maintain regular business hours in a commercial space on a busy commercial strip. How hard is that? They still just dump the package outside.

Last one was a laptop that they delivered after 6pm on a Friday night. Had we not stayed late waiting for the delivery it would have sat there all weekend...or not.

This is going to be a growing problem as more people opt or are forced into online shopping.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

I have people who handle such trifles.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

Sorry r4 but it is true. There is no option on Amazon to choose the carrier for shipping. It is at Amazon's discretion. They state that they don't require a signature for merchandise under $1300. it is up to the delivery person to decide if a signature is required. I signed the cockamamie release on the doortag and absolved the asshole of responsibility for my package. He ingnored my written request to leave the fucking package. It required me to take the subway to their depot in Brooklyn to retrieve my package. On my day off. The trip cost me five dollars. How is that free shipping? Oh, and a full week from the time the first delivery notice was leftl Again, FUCK FEDEX.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

I prefer UPS. (as does Glenn)

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2012

R5, I have made legitimate complaints about total lack of customer service and common sense. So often managers just blow me off. They no longer care. The Post Office is the most incompetent of all.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

I find that UPS drivers are always the hottest. The last one I had was some kind of young, Middle Eastern guy who could barely speak any English, but damn was he hot. He had the most perfect ass I've ever seen in a pair of brown UPS pants. I would have sucked his turban through his pee hole.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2012

I have much worse luck with UPS. At least Fedex delivers on Saturday and later weeknight hours than UPS. My complaint with both is they almost never actually knock on my door before leaving a notice. I work odd hours and am sometimes home during the day and have found notices on my door when I was home inside my apartment and I know they never actually attempted to deliver.

The US Post Office gets a lot of grief but I have the best experience with them overall.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2012

I think Fedex Home delivery is the problem. They are not exactly Fedex. You really need to be sure that the company delivers via regular Fedex and not Fedex home.

Google the horror stories!

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2012

Twice my family has had boxes shipped via UPS opened, contents removed, and delivered without those items inside. Complaining goes nowhere. NO one cares. The only thing that will help you is if you let them pack the items and insure it. At one point we were told "someone in the warehouse probably opened it" ?????

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2012

[quote]Sorry [R4] but it is true. There is no option on Amazon to choose the carrier for shipping. It is at Amazon's discretion.

No, this statement is not true: [quote]they only ship Fedex for two day delivery

Perhaps they only ship Fedex TO YOU, but that's not the case for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2012

Yeah it sounds like you are getting Fedex Home service. And you probably selected it upon checkout. Be sure to say you're a business or select Fedex Ground if it's an option. Home delivers Tues - Sat, 10AM until 7PM. They usually don't require a signature because the shipper has to pay for that service. Ground deliveres Mon - Fri, 8AM until 5PM.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2012

Fedex is currently offering up employee buyouts and is downsizing a bit as well. That might have something to do with it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2012

oy, thanks for your post r17. sounds like it was Fedex Home who didn't deliver my package. will try the option you suggested. r16, hon, i came on this thread to commiserate with OP. i can only speak to my own experience with Fedex. i cannot find an option to choose the carrier of my choice on Amazon. if you can help me with that i would be ever so grateful. until then, stfu.

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2012

[quote]i can only speak to my own experience with Fedex.

Then why this?

[quote]I have Amazon Prime and it is totally useless because they only ship Fedex for two day delivery

And then, when told that's not true, you responded: [quote]Sorry [R4] but it is true.

But it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2012

When I ordered my iPhone last year, I posted the form Apple provides to waive the signature requirement on the door. The Fedex driver still insisted on a signature. Had my partner not been working from home, I would have had the pleasure of retrieving it from the processing center.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2012

r20, Fedex employee.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2012

r21, i love you.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2012

So, R22, when you are proven wrong, you decide to start calling names. If it makes you happy to think I work for Fedex, go for it, hon.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2012

Ages ago, when I worked in offices, we used FedEx because they shipped to remote locations where UPS didn't go & were just generally faster & more reliable than UPS or the PO (& charged more, but that was passed on to our clients).

From what I hear nowadays, there's not much difference among FedEx, UPS, & the PO except for price -- all equally bad service, but the PO is a little cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2012

I've found FedEx delivery men to frequently be very lazy.

While UPS delivery men go out of their way to be helpful, deliver directly to personal apartment doors especially if requested to do so, and not anywhere near as lazy as FedEx people.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2012

my Fedex driver has extra hairy muscle legs with a bubble butt would love to fuck him

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2012

Sounds hot, r27!

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2012

Delivery where I live (apartment building)

UPS: Delivers smashed and mutilated package to my door.

FedEx: Delivers intact package to my door.

USPS: Delivers intact package to mailbox (inside building) on ground floor, then uses intercom to call my apartment and say "I just left a package for you at the mailbox."

USPS consistently provides the quickest delivery time of the three - today I received a package from Georgia that I ordered on Tuesday (today is Thursday). I wish more companies used USPS as their standard shipping method. FedEx or UPS would have likely delivered the same package next Monday.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

what r26 said.

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2012

I agree r27 that some of those drivers are cute, but generally I have found UPS drivers sexier than FedEx--maybe the brown uniforms accentuate the butt better than blue. For the best service though I tend to think the US postal service is better than both of them and some of the mailmen are hot as hell in their uniforms--I have had several friends and acquaintances who regularly blew their mailmen.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!