Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Toluca Lake, CA

I was wondering what the community was like after seeing what looked like a tract home next to a Mediterranean-style home. They look ridiculous next to each other.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012

That's a beautiful home and is NOT a tract house.

Toluca Lake is a gorgeous, upscale area.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

The inside is mice enough R1 but to me it looks like all the other tract homes going up in upscale areas of my town. The siding and trim, etc. is very standard.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

OP -- You should come to The Hamptons where we not only have 1960s ranch tract homes next to mansions, but there are even shacks next door to mansions

There used to be distinct neighborhoods -- the poor black people, the working to middle class white people and the rich.

It's turning into a place of three different neighborhoods -- the rich, the super rich and the unimaginably rich.

The 1% are buying up all the tract homes and shacks, tearing them down and building stark McMegaMansions on the land. It's not unusual to see huge new mansions right next door to a kitschy 60s ranch with a decorative wishing well, lawn jockey and gazing ball in the front yard. Or a shack with pickup trucks parked in the driveway, in the street and where a front yard should be.

Does absolutely no harm to the home's worth to have a tract home or shack next door. Everybody knows that as the owners of modest homes pass away, their children will sell the homes to developers. And the McMegaMansions have tall privet hedges on every side of the property, so they never see them neighboring homes.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

How does the writer of that article figure the house has "New England style decor"? Looks like standard suburban home decor from tje grand total of two rooms they show on the site.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

I don't hate the house, but don't like her furniture or color choices. Love the kitchen, but with all that room couldn't they have found a better spot for the water cooler?

Also, the pool is too small.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

I know people who grew up in that town and they turned out OK. In LA, that's really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

Toluca Lake back in the 60's had a charm to it, not so today. Too much $$$ , and the elite, have a way of ruining a place.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2012

Part of Toluca Lake is in Los Angeles and part is in Burbank. Bob Hope lived there.

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2012

[quote]They look ridiculous next to each other.

Mary! Retire at once to your fainting couch!

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!