Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Well, it's official. Romney is ahead in the average of the national polls

I went to Real Clear Politics and saw that Romney is now ahead in the average of the national polls by 0.7 points

The Gallup tracking poll today that has him 2 points ahead and the IBD/TIPP poll that has him 3 points ahead put him over the top

It would be worse but they are still including a few pre-debate polls that had Obama ahead in the average

It's hard to believe that he was 4 points ahead of Romney just a few days ago

Obama was 5.6 points ahead of McCain four years ago on this date and Bush was 1.7 points ahead of Kerry on this date 8 years ago

Time to plan my emigration from the US to Canada

by Anonymousreply 4012/20/2012

I wish that all of the concern trolls AND all of the FReepers would get the fuck off of DL.

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2012

Ditto r1

This thread is worthless except as a freeper headline thread.

Let it sink to 600.

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2012

OP dearest, the poll numbers are going to fluctuate many times between now and election day.

Use you head, dizzy one!

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

Obama win or lose, I hope you move. Sick of you whiners who rather run then stay and fight.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

One debate and everyone's freaking out. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

OP is right the latest Gallup poll shows Mitt ahead by two points.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

I was with R7 until his last dumb racist paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

Polls, schmolls. Can't you see the media is trying to make this a close race for ratings?

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2012

All this talk about Romney being ahead in the polls reminds me of that Star Wars movie--you know the one, A False Hope?

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

The media and Those Who Will Hurt us got their wish for a close race, and all because O had other things on his mind.

Whatever threw O off his game was pretty serious, and we've yet to hear what it really was.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2012

Biden is going to give Romney an additional 8 points after tomorrow's debate. Mark my words. Romney is ahead of Obama in key states now. Romney has taken Florida. That's the state most affected by Romney's health care reform. Romney lying has not hurt him one bit.

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2012

Time to get used to president Romney

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2012

FReepers and concern trolls apparently abound on DL these days.

I hope they all die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2012

False hope and change?

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2012

Wait a second...last week, the polls had an inherent liberal bias and were not to be trusted.

What changed???

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2012

Take a breath. The media needs a horse race. If all the drama is done now, it's not really a compelling story arc, is it? Calm down and wait for the next turn of the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

It isn't so easy to get into Canada.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

If people want to help Obama win, take part in local Democratic party efforts to get people out to vote.

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2012

It's a bad trendline for President Obama, but I think he can turn it around.

I was surprised to see that support for Obama was so soft (some people really are sheep, aren't they?). But I think support for Romney is also soft. If Obama has a good debate performance, he can win it back.

by Anonymousreply 2210/10/2012

As was pointed out, Obama doesn't have to lead the national polls to win the election. It really is about the EC. And his hold stands, and will gain after the next two debates.

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2012

This debate debacle revealed how soft Obama's support was in September. If people really, really were strong in their support for Obama, they would not have peeled off so easily based on one debate performance. Republicans masterfully planted seeds of doubt about Obama that portrayed him as arrogant, aloof, incompetent, too laid back/cool, lazy, and reliant on a teleprompter. Obama's debate performance confirmed that narrative in the minds of millions, to Obama's detriment. The Republican smear machine has succeeded, but Obama has himself to blame to feeding it.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2012

I'm not even looking at the polls for a few days until someone tells me the coast is clear. I am relying on the threads here for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 2510/10/2012

That support was very soft

by Anonymousreply 2610/10/2012

If Obama had any guts, he'd stand up there if he's reelected and tell "those" states that he'll be their president, too, in that they'll get their tealiban utopia. Get their reps out of DC, no more money and no more support. Natural disaster? Fuck you. Infrastructure deteriorating? Fuck you. Lets see these assholes who can barely pay for a pot to piss in pay to keep their oh so independent states functioning.

It'll be fun when they privatize the water supply.

by Anonymousreply 2710/10/2012

I think it just shows that many of these "undecided" voters were just desperate to hear that Romney can speak. They are familiar with Obama, so if they liked him, they would be supporting him. They were looking for any reason to back Romney and the debate gave them one. Lies, impossible math, being completely out of touch and being an asshole don't mean anything to these people. They just didn't want to vote for Obama.

Let's hope that their enthusiasm is low enough that they don't show up AND that our motivation is extremely high because the prospect of a Romney in the White House terrifies us to GOTV.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2012

And another thing. This is America we are talking about. More and more people will start backing Romney now that appears that he isn't a "loser." These idiots don't want to back a loser, so they waited to see that's it's okay to support Romney. This is going to be very close. I can't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2012

Those idiots might not actually show up to vote, R29.

You can bet Dems will.

But yes, it will be close.

And Obama will win.

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2012

[quote]If Obama had any guts, he'd stand up there if he's reelected and tell "those" states that he'll be their president, too, in that they'll get their tealiban utopia. Get their reps out of DC, no more money and no more support. Natural disaster? Fuck you. Infrastructure deteriorating? Fuck you. Lets see these assholes who can barely pay for a pot to piss in pay to keep their oh so independent states functioning

Part of the narrative from the tea party/lib group is lower taxes. Presumably, the citizens in those states will have lower federal tax rates to counteract the lower spending - is that correct?

If so, I suspect that they will be very happy

by Anonymousreply 3110/10/2012

[quote]If so, I suspect that they will be very happy

Only if you're a moron who fails to consider just how much they depend on receiving more money than they pay and how much they need the services they rely on. It's akin to those idiots who loudly proclaim that they want the government to keep its hands off their Medicare program!

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2012

Canada has a conservative government at the moment so until the popular Trudeau become liberal leader it may be better to move to Australia, France, Italy or Denmark which are Western nations which presently have centre/centre-left governments. Of course you could also move to Venezuala which has just re-elected Chavez or even Mexico where the centre-left PRI are back in power. I still think Obama will win though, Obama still leads in the electoral college on RCP even at this low point and in 2004 Kerry got a similarly big bounce after the first debate to practically tie Bush before Bush put up a better performance in the second town hall debate to get his re-election campaign back on track!

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2012

Remember this?

by Anonymousreply 3412/20/2012

[quote]Obama actually thought he won the debate. Just how out of touch is this guy?

Not as out of touch as you, it seems. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3512/20/2012

by Anonymousreply 3612/20/2012

Does this mean we have our first Mormon president?

by Anonymousreply 3712/20/2012

R37 Yes, now that God has changed his mind about black people, Barack has decided to go Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 3812/20/2012

Love seeing these bumped.

by Anonymousreply 3912/20/2012

But he wasn't in the only poll that counts.

by Anonymousreply 4012/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!