Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How I Met Your Mother

How can people even watch this awful show? it is the douchiest television show I have ever seen in my life. It's the equivalent of the asshole het fomrer frat boy at work who says "BOOYA!"

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2012

It used to be good -raunchy, but funny, and had a heart. This season has sucked.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

Because of dipshits like R1, that's why, OP.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

I agree, HIMYM has some of the douchiest characters on TV, next to New Girl.

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

Because all the elder gays who watch Anderson Cooper think NPH is so hot that they will watch anything that he or any other gay person is in.

The elder gays think GAY = Good.

It can but it's as bad as saying black people all can dance, they can't. Raj from "What's Happenin'" proved.

Racist boy) He just wants you as a dance partner because your black and you'll help him win.

Tootsie) Well he'd be pretty stupid to want to dance with me, if he thought I was gonna help him lose.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

When the show started, it was kind of "Friends"-ish enough to appeal to people who missed that show, which had only been off the air a year at that point. The cast was attractive and it was novel having Ted relating his stories to his future kids. But it became too precious, with inside recurring jokes and the ridiculous lengths they go to avoid revealing who the mother is. All the characters have become over the top cartoonish and unlikeable, Neil Patrick Harris's Barney especially. I keep watching just to find out who the mother is but I haven't really enjoyed the show in a while.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

R5 I agree with everything you said. I too am only watching to find out who the mother is. Its not funny anymore, I didn't laugh once during this week's episode. Barney is by far the most obnoxious character on there. Season 05 was the last season I really enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

I'm with R5. We didn't even start at the beginning but got drawn in and now just want to see him meet the mother. Suckers for a gimmick and sitting through some bad episodes. May just stop and catch the episode when he does meet the mother.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

It's one of those shows where you want to line up every single character and punch all of them in the brain. Jason Segel makes me physically ill and te rest of them are not far behind. The pretty brunette is the least annoying one but there's a low bar to jump over.

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

As irritating as NPH is when hosting ANYTHING, he is more irritating on this crap.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

I would love if the last episode showed two cobwebbed skeletons sitting on that couch as their father finally finishes his damn tale about all the women he slept with.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2012

Very basic answer, OP, as someone who has watched the show since episode one - it's been on too long. The premise was interesting and the characters were funny, but after season 3, my interest waned.

Why would anyone think that after seven years, viewers would even care? I certainly don't.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

Cobie has looked better this season, but the writing is so much worse. But really, the first few seasons were good.

by Anonymousreply 1210/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.