Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nashville starring Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere

People are talking Emmy for Britton.

Wonder if it will really be that good?

by Anonymousreply 60001/16/2014

Connie and Hayden.. That's kind of like a group project with the class brain and a slacker.

by Anonymousreply 110/10/2012

I'll certainly tune in to find out.

by Anonymousreply 210/10/2012

I'll watch anything with Britton, that bitch is fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

The pilot has been on Hulu for a week now. It was good trashy fun as I expected. I'll probably watch it again tonight on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

Wish this was on Sundays in the old Desperate Housewives time slot. This is the only new series that has caught my eye.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

Waaaaah I miss Tammy Taylor. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

Republican Show. The Jesus freaks will love it. Expect an endorsement from James Dobson and Mitt Romney.

(Nashville, Tenn bans saying the world gay.)

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

yes r8, because most people posting criticism online are so attractive and have such exciting lives.

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

Obese and Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1010/10/2012

Are there any hot guys in this, or were they all cast in Chicago Fire?

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

Sorry, grew up there, knew lots of performers, stars, and their children. Nashville just isn't like this. They fall all over themselves to help each other.

Hell, by strong tradition most of them keep their careers alive by constantly covering each other's songs and the more successful would often do duets with the lesser stars to give them a boost.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2012

Who cares? Nashville? Seriously? Country music? Really?

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2012

"Nashville just isn't like this. They fall all over themselves to help each other"

Unless you are "Homersexual, Demon-crat, Foreignish or have the wrong skin color".

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2012

I don't think it's still all that lovey-dovey, r12, particularly among the newer younger singers.

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2012

"Sorry, grew up there, knew lots of performers, stars, and their children. Nashville just isn't like this. They fall all over themselves to help each other."

Unless, you know, you DARE to express an OPINION.

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2012

I kinda feel like R7. I like Britton, hate Panetierre, but even more than them, I don't want to watch a soap opera about a bunch of white Southerners who would vote against me in a heartbeat. I am sure it's not a political show but I just can't support it.

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2012

Just call the show "At Home with the Republicans".

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2012

I can't look at Hayden without thinking of those blind items, creepy shit.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

Oh, good, a new show about self-absorbed bitches trying to become famous. I was wondering why no one had thought of it.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

I enjoyed it.

Britton is excellent in everything I've seen her in. Her chemistry with Charles (Chip) Esten (who plays her ex) is almost on par with Kyle Chandler, and that's saying a lot.

Esten, btw, is smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2012

I liked it too -- the more unreal and soapy it got, the more I liked it. Rayna's husband going from unemployed dunce to major mayoral candidate just because her J.R. daddy snaps his fingers? Ridiculous, but I'd watch it for those sorts of plots. Connie Britton is excellent and there's some male eye candy.

The one plotline I hope they ditch quick is the waitress and her troubadour boyfriend -- it was too much like "Treme" and that song was heinous (made worse by the fact that their songwriting was supposed to be some sort of genius; it sounded like cats yowling over an old Cowboy Junkies album).

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2012

Esten.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2012

Powers Booth can sink his teeth into a role like this. He might even sink his teeth into the scenery.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2012

Sorry, didn't find Britton's character all that sympathetic. She dismisses the younger singer because *she* doesn't like her music and is pissy when her mentor tells her the younger singer is here to stay. Also she's a rich girl who puts her head in the sand about her father helping her when she started out in the business and she apparently is passing off one of her daughters from another man as her husband's kid. To top it off, when push comes to shove she abandons her promise to appear at her friends announcement of a mayoral run to stand by the husband she insists is stupid to let her father manipulate into a run for mayor himself.

Hayden's character on the other hand is already developing the 'abused and used by a drug addict mother' history that will soften all of her edges (like sleeping with two different men in the first episode ....one who already has a girlfriend, as well as being bitchy to 'the star' and trying to steal her lead guitar player ....who will also probably end up in her bed).

Overall, the soapy aspects of the show will outweigh the country music background (of which, I am NO fan...)

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2012

I've only seen Britton in AMS where she looked bloated, old and strung out most of the time. Not sure I rate her as an actress but it wasn't very good material for her anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2012

Connie Britton is such a good actress. I muted the TV every time Hayden P came on, just can't stand the girl and looks like I won't for her character either. Rayna's sister looks like she could play Felicity Huffman's sister. Powers Booth is HOTTTTT. Mon Dieu! Can't keep the younger guys straight yet, who's who to whom? Hubby, ex-flame, and who was the guy in the kitchen while Hayden was eavesdropping in the boudoir?

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2012

A message for R7, R8, R10, R13, R14, R17, R18 and R20.

This is not a thread about a documentary. It's also not a thread titled "Give us your (at least 30 years outdated) opinions about the city of Nashville and the country music industry."

This is a thread about a nighttime show-biz soap starring one of the most widely acclaimed TV actresses of her generation, who is coming off another show created by a powerful gay man. Datalounge is a gay gossip board. It should be no stretch to assume there will be people here who would like to discuss it.

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2012

I was looking forward to it.

Did not like.

by Anonymousreply 2910/11/2012

This years "Pan Am"; piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3010/11/2012

Loved it. It's going to be trashy fun like Revenge, just pure entertainment. The Emmy is Britton's to lose.

by Anonymousreply 3110/11/2012

I enjoyed it. I love Connie Britton and the guy who plays her ex-love/guitar player is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 3210/11/2012

Connie Britton & Hayden P are scheduled to be presenters at the County Music Awards.

Why would they appear on that show? Their current show has nothing to do with the Country Music Awards.

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 3410/11/2012

Love it! Right up there with Revenge. I guess I am just a fan of trashy night-time soaps in the old school Dynasty style. I never got into any of the CSI or cop shows, and loathe reality and competition TV.

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2012

R34, it's cross-promotion. The Country Music Awards were mentioned at least once in a show that's about a couple of country singers. Gwyneth Paltrow did the CMAs when [italic]Country Strong[/italic] was in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 3710/11/2012

r28 = the ghost of Gail Grinds-Sofa

by Anonymousreply 3810/11/2012

The show was created for Republicans, so of course they would promote it at the Country Music awards.

Expect them to make a show at a Republican convention/fundraiser too.

by Anonymousreply 3910/11/2012

R28, who died and made you the posting police? And why does it matter that Connie Britton's last show was created by Ryan Murphy? I don't care how powerful Ryan Murphy is, that doesn't mean I have to like his shows or follow the career of every actor who ever worked with him.

And I would love to hear about how open and accepting Nashville and the country music industry are, so please share some anecdotes with us.

by Anonymousreply 4010/11/2012

I'm watching it because it seems like it'll be campy fun. Why do some of you care about Republicans, country music, and other things in relation to the show? I didn't boycott the new [italic]Dallas[/italic] because oil companies pollute the environment and typically support Republicans. Nope. I watched it because I wanted tone entertained. TV is an escape for me; sometimes I don't want to think about politics or social issues for an hour or so. I engage in plenty of activism and hell-raising and need some time away from it.

by Anonymousreply 4110/11/2012

I hate autocorrect! tone entertained = to be entertained

by Anonymousreply 4210/11/2012

Dallas was 25 years ago. In Country Music world, they still want it to be like it was back then - the Ronald Regan era.

Because you don't want to think about politics and support a Republican show, the others in the community have to work that much harder, to make up for it. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 4310/11/2012

The only feud I've ever heard out of "Nashville",i.e., the industry, is the Dixie Chick, Toby Keith thing. Porter Wagner may have harbored a long term resentment of Dolly til she bought his book of music for ten times what it was worth and then GAVE it back to him.

I get that it is a TV show but it's a dumb Eve Harrington concept in an industry that doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 4410/11/2012

R43, what evidence is there it's a Republican show? Notice I typed the [bold]NEW[/bold] [italic]Dallas[/italic]. Don't be obtuse or accuse me of not pulling my weight. Jesuis fucking Christ! Did you miss where I said I'm an activist? Forgive me for wanting to tune out for a couple of hours every day. You really need to reread what I wrote. How can watching a fictitious show set in Nashville set our rights back? If I find out it will do that I'll stop watching it. In the meantime I'll treat it as the fluff it is. I boycott companies that discriminate against us and stick my neck out every single day.

by Anonymousreply 4510/11/2012

There are some people here with some real issues who have to bring politics into everything. Geesh, let people enjoy a harmless program.

by Anonymousreply 4610/11/2012

"Jesuis fucking Christ! Did you miss where I said I'm an activist?"

Talk about hanging yourself with your own words.

by Anonymousreply 4710/11/2012

[quote]Wow, [[R28]] is the epitome of the American couch potato/loser who sits at home and gorges on so much television that she loses track of reality and what's important.

THIS IS A GAY GOSSIP BOARD. This show is of interest to some gays. Why on earth is this so hard for some of you miserable old fucks to understand?

by Anonymousreply 4810/11/2012

[quote][R28], who died and made you the posting police? And why does it matter that Connie Britton's last show was created by Ryan Murphy? I don't care how powerful Ryan Murphy is, that doesn't mean I have to like his shows or follow the career of every actor who ever worked with him.

I don't think you understand my point. I still don't understand why I have to explain this, because it's ridiculous to have to explain why this show would be of interest on Datalounge.

And I don't give a shit what you might think of Ryan Murphy. My point is that he's a high-profile gay man in the entertainment industry and some people here follow his work. I am certainly not alone in those who watched the first season of AHS and absolutely fell in love with Connie Britton. Of course I want to see what she's going to do next, and I discovered her because of Ryan Murphy. Someday, I'm even going to go back and watch Friday Night Lights just to see her.

[quote]And I would love to hear about how open and accepting Nashville and the country music industry are, so please share some anecdotes with us.

I work in the music industry. Not country music entirely, but it's a part of my job. I'm not saying Nashville is the most accepting place, because it's not. But things have changed a lot, even in the past 10 years. For one, both country and CCM (both headquartered in Nashville) are CRAWLING with gay people. They're not as open as they are in other parts of the industry, but they're there.

Perhaps you've heard of Garth Brooks? He is an outspoken supporter of gays, going way back to the early 90s. Carrie Underwood recently spoke in support of gay marriage. Wynonna Judd and Martina McBride are both pro gay. Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton are both outspoken gay supporters. Toby Keith - who, yes, is a total asshole - was a registered democrat as recently as the last presidential election and just last year spoke in support of gay marriage. Tim McGraw is a democrat who is most likely going to run for office (and win) at some point in the next decade.

Is that enough for you? Can we have permission to discuss this show without nasty cunts sniping at us?

by Anonymousreply 4910/11/2012

[quote]Because you don't want to think about politics and support a Republican show, the others in the community have to work that much harder, to make up for it. Nice.

A "Republican show"? Honey, that says more about the lens you use to view the world than it does "Nashville" or anything else. It's a TV program. It can't even register to vote. You're no different than the Million Moms Whatever, slamming Ellen DeGeneres' talk show because it's a "lesbian show."

Please tell me what how it's going to make your important life full of queer civic activism even harder. I'd love to know the specifics of how this soap opera is adding to your burden.

by Anonymousreply 5010/11/2012

I love this fucking show.Can't wait for next weeks episode

by Anonymousreply 5110/11/2012

You hens need to calm the fuck down - it is a nighttime soap for christaakes!

by Anonymousreply 5210/11/2012

Can we have some more opinions from people who watched and liked/disliked the fucking show. Elaborating on why you liked or disliked it would also be good. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 5310/11/2012

I think Connie Britton should be president of The United States. That's how great I think she is

by Anonymousreply 5410/11/2012

Not sure where all the Republican talk is coming, but it might interest some of you to know that Nashville, as a city, is a Democratic stronghold and has been for years.

by Anonymousreply 5510/11/2012

Je suis Fucking Christ!

by Anonymousreply 5610/11/2012

The only things I didn't like were the thick accents, which made it hard for me to follow some of the dialog. I also didn't like Jonathan Jackson's spotty face pubes.

I love the premise, I love Connie Britton and love that there are a lot of hot guys on the show.

by Anonymousreply 5710/11/2012

Democratic in the conservative Blue Dog sense r55, no doubt. I remember hearing Nashville has the highest number of churches per capita for any US city. If it isn't the absolutely highest, it's definitely close. There's nothing remotely liberal about it.

by Anonymousreply 5810/11/2012

Nashville, the best-reviewed new drama of the fall, premiered to solid ratings Wednesday night, while The CW’s new action-drama Arrow set a record for the network.

ABC’s country music drama delivered 9 million viewers and a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49. That’s enough to win the hour in the adult demo, topping CBS’ CSI (10.6 million, 2.6) and the premiere of NBC’s new series Chicago Fire (6.4 million, 1.9). But Nashville was down 15 percent from the launch of Revenge in this slot last year. NBC’s fire-fighting drama was largely panned by critics and had a disappointing launch, down 21 percent from the debut of Law & Order: SVU in this slot last fall. (Nashville averaged a score of 84 on Metacritic while Chicago Fire had a 49).

Yet here’s something interesting: Of the three dramas in the hour, the Connie Britton series had the weakest audience retention from its first half to its second. Chicago Fire didn’t shed any of its demo rating between its half hours — which is pretty rare for a show premiering this late at night. Nashville may have a bigger rating, but Chicago Fire did a better job of keeping viewers in their seat.

by Anonymousreply 5910/11/2012

R47, how does watching a nighttime soap negate my activism? Some of you are acting as if I watch and support Faux News or march with the Ku Klux Klan. If [italic]Nashville[/italic] isn't an acceptable show please tell what is.

I'll let you in on something: every TV show, movie, book, song, or piece of art is somehow tied to a Republican. Unless you throw out your TV everything you watch benefits at least one person who votes Republican. While you are at it stop attending movies, listening to music, reading, etc. That'll teach Republicans! See how ridiculous it is to slam a stupid, fluffy TV show?

Pardon the silly typo. It is rather funny I suppose. I'm glad it amuses some. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 6110/11/2012

For R58:

[quote]Nashville has been a Democratic stronghold since at least the end of Reconstruction. While local elections are officially nonpartisan, nearly all of the city's elected officials are known to be Democrats. At the state level, Democrats hold all but two of the city's 10 state house districts and all but one of the city's four state senate districts. Pockets of Republican influence exist in the wealthier portions of the city, but they are usually no match for the overwhelming Democratic trend in the rest of the city.

[quote]Democrats are no less dominant at the federal level. Over the past 100 years, Democratic presidential candidates have carried Nashville/Davidson County in four out of five elections. Normally, Democrats carry Nashville at the presidential level with relatively little difficulty, even in years when they lose the state as a whole.In the 2000 presidential election, Al Gore carried Nashville with over 59% of the vote even as he narrowly lost his home state. In the 2004 election, John Kerry carried Nashville with 55% of the vote even as George W. Bush won the state by 14 points. In 2008, Barack Obama carried Nashville with 60% of the vote even as John McCain won Tennessee by 15 points.

by Anonymousreply 6210/11/2012

I want to hook up the "Nashville is Republican!" harpy with the "Stop Talking About Mad Men!" lunatic so they can make crazed babies.

by Anonymousreply 6310/11/2012

We've covered that r62, it's Democratic for the south but Blue Dog Dems are not liberal. And I noticed you didn't deny the place is infested with churches. Country music fans are Republicans, it's ludicrous to try to deny it. They are the target audience for the show.

Looks like it has a shot to go down an overpraised ratings dud. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 6410/11/2012

I don't want to watch this because of the country/Republican redneck angle, can't get with any of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6510/11/2012

R64, at R58 you said: "There's nothing remotely liberal about it."

My post at R62 proves you wrong.

[quote]And I noticed you didn't deny the place is infested with churches.

I tried googling to see if I could find the U.S. city with the most churches per capita, and there are tons of possibilities, including Lubbock Texas and Las Vegas. I'm not denying Nashville has a lot of fucking churches, but it's not the city you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 6610/11/2012

I remember Donna Summer's daughter saying she had never experienced racism until her family moved to Nashville. She was shocked by the viciousness of it.

by Anonymousreply 6710/11/2012

Connie Britton is as liberal as they come. Stop hating. Jane Fonda playing Nancy Reagan doesn't mean she's gone to the dark side either.

by Anonymousreply 6810/11/2012

She is BRILLIANT!

If Eve Harrington is smart enough to throw herself into supporting they could BOTH win!

by Anonymousreply 6910/11/2012

[quote]The Emmy is Britton's to lose.

Wanna bet?

by Anonymousreply 7010/11/2012

Not surprised R67, fuck Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 7110/11/2012

I can't imagine anything is Britton's to lose, she was pretty much the weakest actor on American Horror Story. A lot of AHS fans hated her, I thought she did an adequate job but was nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 7210/11/2012

Good casting, Connie Britton isn't botoxed to death or have fake titties. And Hayden P plays a great little snot. I've seen the actor playing the ex boyfriend in other parts, but he looks hot all scruffy on this show.

by Anonymousreply 7310/11/2012

You bitches are being fucking RIDICULOUS with all this "I'm boycotting the show because country music is so Republican and Christian" bullshit. R37 has it *exactly* right: "Nashville" is no more or less "Republican" than "Dallas," and none of you bitches have ever complained about "Dallas" (either the new or old series) on *that* basis, have you? Worse still, Tennessee brought us Al Gore; Texas (and, more specifically, Dallas) brought us George W. Bush!

Even *more* worse, "Dallas" has always been -- original show and current one -- overtly political. Cliff Barnes was the Dallas County D.A. in the old series; Sue Ellen is running for governor in the current one (and although they haven't stated it specifically, it's a given that she's running as a Republican). On the new show, Sue Ellen *already* sold out and offered a political position in her administration as a bribe (head of the Texas Railroad Commission, which contrary to its name has almost nothing to do with railroads; it regulates the oil & gas industry in the state, and its commissioner is one of THE most powerful people in Texas short of the governor and lieutenant governor) to get her son out of hot water!

In any event, NEITHER show is an actual reflection of the cities they're named after. Nashville, as noted, is solidly Democratic, and it has a hell of a lot more going for it than country music. Dallas is *also* Democratic, and has been for quite a while now, plus anyone who knows Texas can tell you that the state's oil industry is almost entirely centered around Houston, not Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 7410/11/2012

R72, how about you back up these claims of yours with some links:

[quote]I remember hearing Nashville has the highest number of churches per capita for any US city.

[quote]I remember Donna Summer's daughter saying she had never experienced racism until her family moved to Nashville.

[quote]A lot of AHS fans hated her

Also, please note that Nashville was created by noted far-right rethug Callie Khouri, writer of "Thelma and Louise."

by Anonymousreply 7510/11/2012

I haven't seen AHS, but Connie was fucking *brilliant* on "Friday Night Lights," and she would've been a likely Emmy winner for it had the show had better ratings or a higher profile. (At least Kyle Chandler won the Best Actor Emmy for its final season.)

by Anonymousreply 7610/11/2012

[quote]And Hayden P plays a great little snot.

Honey, she's not "playing" anything. Hayden is an entitled little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7710/11/2012

I am about to start using trolldar and see who this person is who keeps bringing up politics or that we should be reading a book.

by Anonymousreply 7810/11/2012

I see R72 runs and hides once asked to back up his bullshit.

This is All About Eve in the music business with Connie Britton. And it's a bad thing that some of us want to watch it?

Are you people for real?

by Anonymousreply 7910/11/2012

Face it, if you are an actress and the only gig you can still get is staring in a Country and Western TV show based in Americans anti-gay city center.... you've serious got problems already.

by Anonymousreply 8010/12/2012

I like to think the premise of this show was inspired by Faith Hill's reaction to Carrie Underwood's Female Vocalist of the Year win.

by Anonymousreply 8110/12/2012

I love Hayden P. I think she is a pretty good actress...and a bit gay.

by Anonymousreply 8210/12/2012

Nobody outside of Republican USA even knows what Country music is anymore. Only the typical, anti-gay Country Music Republican would say that R83. Now back to your Jesus meeting.

Country Music is Right Wing America.

by Anonymousreply 8410/12/2012

[quote]Only the typical, anti-gay Country Music Republican would say that [R83].

Say what?

That it's no longer called country and western?

That critics love the show?

That Connie Britton is great?

Which one of those is "anti-gay" or "republican," exactly? Seriously, I don't understand what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 8510/12/2012

For me, the best thing about the show is Eric Close. He's fucking HAWT for a 45 year old! I simply can't believe that Connie's character wouldn't be attracted to him, or that he would be her "second choice." No way.

by Anonymousreply 8710/12/2012

So Hayden fucked two guys in the first hour. Talk about art imitating life.

by Anonymousreply 8810/13/2012

I thought it was pretty fucking dull considering how much OTT press it's gotten. Connie Britton is fine, but certainly not extraordinary. The pilot was weak. Last Resort's pilot was much better. It will last, but it's a place holder not a great show.

by Anonymousreply 8910/13/2012

R55 Memphis, TN is (historically) the utmost Democratic city in all of Tennessee. Actually, the entire Congressional district Memphis lies in has been a historically Democratic district for longer than I have been alive.

by Anonymousreply 9010/13/2012

W&W for r86

by Anonymousreply 9110/13/2012

Now that Harry's Law is history I can leave my fetish for blond/ginger guys with pale eyebrows...Richard Mark Valley

and move on to

by Anonymousreply 9210/14/2012

... and move on to Burgess Jenkins:)

by Anonymousreply 9310/14/2012

So true, R86.

I wonder how many of the nasty Nashville remarks were from New Yorkers who like to forget Giuliana and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 9410/14/2012

Shows should be careful with raising expectations so much with "best drama of the season" etc... "role of a lifetime." then you go in expecting something and it never lives up to the hype. I realize in a pilot there is a lot of exposition but some of the dialogue and acting was really atrocious. If it is going for camp it really has to go for it. it was too middle of the road in the tone and came off as very mediocre. Connie is a great actress but i wasn't buying her in this role. I don't know HP's other work, but here she was laughable at times. it was just sloppy overall. Needs more edge.

by Anonymousreply 9510/14/2012

Saying something needs "more edge" doesn't really say anything. It's like saying "needs more more".

by Anonymousreply 9610/15/2012

I know exactly what r95 is taking about. It needs to decide what it is. It's in the same tone of camp like Revenge but it seems terrified to go that far. The reason Revenge is successful is because it knows what it is and isn't afraid to be it. Nashville tries to be All About Eve but lacks the bite in writing and acting. Based on Callie Khouri's movies, I'm not sure how it gets better as she writes (unsuccessfully) earnest plots.

Nashville has no edge and seems toothless. It will be off the air in a season if it doesn't adjust because right now it's way too earnest and boring. The acting or writing isn't good enough to support boring.

by Anonymousreply 9710/15/2012

R97, it has only been one episode. Give it a chance.

by Anonymousreply 9810/15/2012

There are a fair amount of decent looking guys on this show. Unless I was missing something though, I didn't get the idea that any of the characters are gay.

Anyone know if there are or will be any gays (characters, not actors) on the show?

by Anonymousreply 9910/16/2012

Two episodes in and I surprisingly I think this is the new fall show that I most like...at least so far.

I'm no fan of Hayden Panettiere as an actress and the character that she plays was pretty despicable last week. But what a turnaround I now feel about her after this episode. My sympathy grew for her during the hour and she really had me when Chip Esten called Connie Britton to join him on stage for that fine duet instead of her. Now I'm looking forward to meeting her junkie whore mama.

The character Gunnar (of Gunnar and Scarlett) is the only one so far that I've sort of thought might be gay or bi. But that was only based on a lingering look he gave one of the other guys in the premier, and it's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

by Anonymousreply 10010/18/2012

Saw it for the first time last night and was very disappointed with how dull, not fun it was. The music sucked and Connie Britton isn't believable as a singer, the main focus song was just okay and she sounded like shit. The acting and writing are boring. This year's Pan Am.

by Anonymousreply 10110/18/2012

The 2nd episode ratings plunged down 28% from from the premiere, stick in a fork in this Republican jamboree.

by Anonymousreply 10210/18/2012

[quote]stick in a fork in this Republican jamboree.

Hi, could you provide one link or any evidence this is a Republican show?

by Anonymousreply 10310/18/2012

If the show gets cancelled BEFORE The Country Music Awards, do you think Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere will keep their commitment to present at the CMA Awards?

by Anonymousreply 10510/18/2012

Like I said last week, Hayden is definitely getting the 'love to hate' edit with her character being 'so wounded', so often. Thus far in each episode, Connie Britton's character has said something insulting to her (not that her character can't give as well as she gets).

Between this week's 'boo hoo sadness' about Deacon treating Juliet badly the whole episode and next week's 'junkie mama drama', she's not being written as the pure villain here.

And Eric Close's character is starting to get the secret evil fella writing so that Reina and Deacon can reunite at some point.

Those two new signing/songwriting partners are a snore.

I thought it was interesting also that Juliet is being portrayed as a decent songwriter herself.

Question --- Did Deacon fuck Juliet or not ? They cut away when he shucked his shirt and headed into the water with her. I guess he got that $ 50K guitar for more than just possibly joining her tour (and the bastard didn't even call her to thank her).

by Anonymousreply 10610/18/2012

They have heavy weight T-Bone Burnett as the Musical Director.

by Anonymousreply 10710/18/2012

This show is a big, expensive bore. Connie Britton's medium sized "star" wattage won't save it. I don't think it gets a full season pick up. It'll be put on hiatus after the fall and never come back.

by Anonymousreply 10810/18/2012

I was looking forward to this, but the first episode was boring. Very boring. Next week's preview looked a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 10910/18/2012

Didn't think the preview looked all that interesting. T Bone is old school, he peaked long ago when he was producing wife Sam Phillips back in the 90s. They should've gone with someone who had some good tunes.

by Anonymousreply 11010/19/2012

I liked the second ep better than the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 11110/19/2012

R106, it seemed pretty clear they fucked in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 11210/19/2012

R112 ... actually Juliet was with two people in the pilot episode. One was the waitress's boyfriend (showed her dry humping him on the sofa) and the other one was her record producer (not Deacon), whose bed she was in while Reina was bad mouthing her. He was also the one she rebuffed when he showed up at her place unannounced while she had that waitress's boyfriend waiting on her sofa for his dry hump.

So == Deacon/Juliet boning is not a definite. Although she seems slutty enough and was 'wounded' enough at the bar that she probably fucked him and expected to be called up to sing 'their song'.

by Anonymousreply 11310/19/2012

I sort of loved the second episode, after not caring for the pilot. I thought it was great that Hayden actually has talent as a songwriter. This is All About Eve, but updated. That said, I fear the show will soon be bye-bye.

by Anonymousreply 11410/19/2012

Unless Connie White makes a cameo, I'm not watching.

by Anonymousreply 11510/19/2012

Sometimes I love this kind of entertaining, campy trashy fun.

by Anonymousreply 11610/19/2012

r113 - that was Deacon, not the boyfriend. The blonde waitress (Deacon's niece?) is annoying, bad casting there and that song she sang... yikes

by Anonymousreply 11710/20/2012

It's soapy and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

I guess I'm in the minority but I really like the music they've done and I am decidedly not a country music fan.

by Anonymousreply 11810/20/2012

R113, no, Juliet obviously fucked Deacon in the first episode. She was straddling him on her sofa and I don't think they went on to play Chinese Checkers.

by Anonymousreply 11910/20/2012

Crashing and burning in the ratings. Will be gone by December.

by Anonymousreply 12010/20/2012

I think this would have better ratings if they put this show on Sunday night to take up the Desperate Housewives slot.

by Anonymousreply 12110/20/2012

Second episode just intensified my feelings about the first.

Pump up the juicy family drama and the rivalry. For God's sake, lose the boring Blue Bird Cafe young couple. I respect T-Bone Burnett, but the music so far must have been pulled out of his bottom drawer after being rejected by everyone in Nashville.

The most unrealistic aspect to me is how both women's characters just sort of bop around Nashville like upper-middle-class housewives. No assistants, and in HP's case, no bodyguard and driver. She's supposed to be some sort of cross between Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood, and she can pop in and out of little music clubs with no one paying attention?

by Anonymousreply 12210/20/2012

I've heard that country artists do actually walk around Nashville without a huge entourage. Can't say I've experienced it firsthand, but a friend who travels there for business has mentioned seeing Urban and Kidman walking around town.

by Anonymousreply 12310/21/2012

Rapper Wyclef Jean Joins The Cast of Nashville In Hopes of a Ratings BOOST!

Under criticism that there are no roles for people of color on Nashville, TPTB have cast rapper Wyclef Jean as a record head on Music Row.

ABC hopes with the casting of Wyclef Jean, it might attract a black audience, and thus boost the ratings.

Will it work?

by Anonymousreply 12410/21/2012

R122 you should watch Tanya Tucker's show Tuckerville

She is always walking around by herself, doing her own shopping, etc.

by Anonymousreply 12510/21/2012

R122, I lived in Nashville for a number of years. It's not uncommon there to see celebrities in stores and doing other normal activities. They don't get the attention of paps and the people who live around them are used to seeing them. People might do a double-take but that's about it.

I've gone to clubs and have seen major celebrities such as Dolly Parton (who was with one person, not an entourage). It's probably surprising to anyone who isn't used to it, but that's just the way it is there.

by Anonymousreply 12610/21/2012

hate to be hyperbolic but "Nashville" really is the greatest show on earth

by Anonymousreply 12710/21/2012

I think this new episode was really good. So much shady, soap opera-ish stuff is going on with these people.

That Gunnar guy did it again tonight - another too-long, lingering look at another guy. This time it was with Lucky Spencer. If they are going to have a gay on this show, it's got to be Gunnar. That is, if the show survives long enough to even go there.

by Anonymousreply 12810/25/2012

Ratings slumping and in danger of being cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 12910/25/2012

Ugh, I like this show. I only watch it on Hulu though.

by Anonymousreply 13010/25/2012

I've tried to like it, but it's really, really difficult. It needs to pick up, and fast!

by Anonymousreply 13110/25/2012

Won't even make it to December. Gone by Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 13210/25/2012

[quote]you should watch Tanya Tucker's show Tuckerville

Glad to see someone else was a fan. Are the reruns available anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 13310/25/2012

I agree with you about the pace, r131. I've noticed that I watch it without paying complete attention (which is why I can't remember all the character names) because I'll be working on something or surfing online while the show is on.

But I'm still able to keep up with what's happening. It's similar to when I used to watch daytime soap operas in that respect. No need to pay close attention to every minute, just get the broad strokes.

by Anonymousreply 13410/25/2012

Another Tucker fan here, her show "Tuckerville" is more entertaining than this one and her cd's are uniformly excellent.

by Anonymousreply 13510/25/2012

I thought last night's episode was a snore.

by Anonymousreply 13610/25/2012

Esten IS smoking hot and I like the music just fine. Sure it's soapy but it's my favorite drama on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 13710/25/2012

Panettiere did a terrific job last night; I'm actually going to start watching this show regularly. Britton just seems to be the usual, so far.

by Anonymousreply 13810/25/2012

So will Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere pull out of the CMA awards if it gets cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 13910/25/2012

Hayden is really surprising me. She's the best part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 14010/26/2012

Welcome to DL, Hayden @ r140.

by Anonymousreply 14110/27/2012

Not Hayden here, and I agree that she's the best part of the show! I've never watched Heroes so I can't compare this character to her previous, but she is mezmerizing on Nashville. So watchable. I really like this show. Hope it gains a bigger audience.

I used to live in Nashville and stars really do just go to the grocery, mall, Starbucks, etc, all by themselves with no entourage or manager or assistant. During my brief time there I saw Nicole & Keith, Brad Paisley & Kim Williams, John Rich, all the Judds separately, Billy Rae & Miley Cyrus, Martina McBride, Vince Gill & Amy Grant, Alan Jackson, the model Nikki Taylor, and a bunch of second tier folks. And this was just out and about doing errands. Never saw anyone photograph them or even ask for autograph.

by Anonymousreply 14210/27/2012

I want Charles Esten (Deacon) inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 14310/27/2012

Loved Connie in Friday Night Lights, but she isn't doing it for me here.

Didn't like Hayden in Heroes, but she has "it" on this show.

by Anonymousreply 14410/27/2012

I think Connie has an uphill struggle with the character she's playing, who's coming across as a bit of an entitle madam, who, now that her star is fading, doesn't like any of the options in front of her, so is lashing out at those around her, rather than sucking up at least one of the not-so-great options.

At the moment, Hayden is doing a better job of making her character likeable, but I think the writing is helping her more than it's helping Connie.

by Anonymousreply 14510/27/2012

Just caught up with episode 3 and hopped on here to say that I was surprised Hayden P. was becoming my reason to watch. She's really good.

They need to give Connie Britton something interesting to do -- and just fucking drop the Bluebird Cafe couple; their story is incredibly boring and their songs are awful. If Connie is supposed to be the Reba-ish queen of Nashville, why aren't we hearing her sing?

Hoping that things get much juicier and soapier when the two women go on the road.

by Anonymousreply 14610/27/2012

I hardly remember Heroes now. It really shows how downhill it went, considering for about a half a season it was my favorite show and a bunch of us would discuss it on Tuesday. I thought Hayden showed signs she might be develop into a decent actress even back on Heroes. She was better than a lot of young ingenues networks try to force down your throat. The problem I had with her back then was not her acting, but the fact that her character was eating the show. Other storylines faded so they could focus on the blonde cheerleader. That, and I don't think they knew where to go with the show after the first season, and they also overused Sylar, a character who probably should not have made it into the second season (he is reformed - no he is evil - no he is misunderstood - no he is evil...).

by Anonymousreply 14710/27/2012

I want to feel Charles Esten's scruff-beard on my inner thighs.

by Anonymousreply 14810/28/2012

This show gets worse by the week.

by Anonymousreply 14911/01/2012

I want to like it. But it is kind of a snooze. Connie has a nice rack though. Think she'd let me motorboat her?

by Anonymousreply 15011/01/2012

This show is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 15111/01/2012

I had high hopes for this show but it just isn't that exciting. Can't stand the dippy blonde niece of Deacon.

by Anonymousreply 15311/01/2012

Just a plain old soap opera with bad country music.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 15411/02/2012

[152], you're right. It was also implied in the pilot. I'm still enjoying it. It's just "Country Strong" with a less obnoxious lead.

by Anonymousreply 15511/03/2012

I like the explanation that the Panettiere character wouldn't be singing on the CMAs because her recent run-in with the law caused them to take her off the performing list.

Not that I was ever expecting her to perform, but someone upthread repeatedly asked about it.

by Anonymousreply 15611/03/2012

Why doesn't Connie get a few shots of Botox?

That being said, it *is* refreshing to see a woman actually look her age.

by Anonymousreply 15711/03/2012

[quote]Why doesn't Connie get a few shots of Botox?

No no no no!!!

Connie looks terrific just the way she is. She looks like an attractive 45-year-old woman that looks her age, and not like someone trying too hard to look 30 and as a result looking 55.

by Anonymousreply 15811/03/2012

I think it's refreshingly low key, which is unusual for network television. I do agree that the up and comer niece is a drip.

by Anonymousreply 15911/03/2012

Should I bother to start watching?

The ratings are getting worse every week.

by Anonymousreply 16011/06/2012

It's gonna stick around, R160. In fact it might even replace 666 Park Avenue on Sunday nights at 10.

by Anonymousreply 16111/07/2012

Entertainment Weekly says they think Nashville will probably have a full season pick-up.

by Anonymousreply 16211/08/2012

Reyna needs to ditch the husband and get it on with Deacon. Her character is coming off as unlikeable, I actually like Hayden Panawhatever's character better.

by Anonymousreply 16311/08/2012

The guy who plays Deacon could carry his wallet and car keys in his facial creases.

by Anonymousreply 16411/08/2012

His name is Charles Esten and he's pretty damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 16511/08/2012

I wanted to like this, but I couldn't get into it.

by Anonymousreply 16611/08/2012

I want Deacon inside me very deeply.

by Anonymousreply 16711/08/2012

What happened to the huge gates in front of Juliette's house? On the latest episode when she threw her mother out there was a street right in front of the house with cars and people going by. Wish it was more consistent...

by Anonymousreply 16811/09/2012

This show is my secret guilty pleasure. The gates were the gates at the front of her neighborhood, suggesting she lived in some type of rich gated community.

OK - the lead woman, she needs to just fuck Deacon, the mousy poet singer needs to fuck the big tooth singer and dump the punk country boyfriend.

My bet is the season ends with them all agreeing to a big tour, and the credits roll over a massive tour bus gangbang including some hot lesbo action between Rayna, the new starlet and the mousy poet singer girl. Maybe some homo action too with Deacon and Whitey. Oh and Rayna's dad, Coach, will be blowing anyone through a gloryhole.

by Anonymousreply 16911/09/2012

Britton deserved an Emmy for Friday night... Hope she gets one for this. If nothing else she is no longer obscure and is now recognized for the fine actress that she is.

by Anonymousreply 17011/09/2012

I know Connie Britton is highly regarded for her performance on FNL (which I never saw), but she seems very bored in this show, and constantly says her dialogue with either her head slowly nodding up and down or shaking slowly from side to side.

by Anonymousreply 17111/09/2012

Punk country guitar playing show off boyfriend looks like the love child of Rick Springfield am John Mayer.

by Anonymousreply 17211/09/2012

I agree with R171. Britton doesn't seem to have a clue who her character is and what she wants. Her line reading are listless. She has no ENERGY. Panettierre, even when sitting still, has huge energy going on. She's riveting. Britton is a drag on the show.

by Anonymousreply 17311/10/2012

I noticed this last week too. Britton is coming off as a really unlikeable person. I mean, she just seems like a big bitch.

I thought Panettiere was supposed to be the one you loved to hate -- a nasty, scheming brat. Yet she seems more vulnerable and has been an interesting character to watch develop.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I thought the music was good but it sucked big time last week.

And that American Beauty commercial was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 17411/10/2012

[quote]Britton doesn't seem to have a clue who her character is and what she wants. Her line reading are listless. She has no ENERGY. Panettierre, even when sitting still, has huge energy going on. She's riveting. Britton is a drag on the show.

Sorry to say I agree. I thought there would be more about Connie Britton's character being angry she was way over the hill at 45 or whatever. Instead she's kind of blank and just... reactive to everything around her.

And the political subplot is a nothingburger. Her husband is running for mayor of Nashville -- which has got to be intense and time-consuming -- and he's just sort of drifting in and out of the house?

Hayden P. is very good. It really shows when you compare her with all the other younger characters, who are incredible bores. She's the star of the show at this point.

I did love the exterior of Deacon's house. I'd live there in a minute (with or without him).

by Anonymousreply 17511/10/2012

It's too earnest by half (the problem with most network TV these days), needs some camp and high notes like Altman's take long ago. It's just plain NO FUN. And Britton really is a drag, doing Ibsen when she should be tapping into Tammy and Loretta or anyone with some spirit. Just awful but Jonathan Jackson is hot as ever.

by Anonymousreply 17611/10/2012

As stated above, Jonathan Jackson is still cute (he'll always be Lucky to me). But the Bluebird singers have got to go. The new plot with the guy having a new girlfriend is not helping their boring storyline.

by Anonymousreply 17711/10/2012

I wonder if Brad Paisley will be on the show at all now that his wife is on it.

Have they featured any real country stars yet? I know the English actor that plays Gunnar is a musician, but I'm wondering if any big names have been shown or even talked about.

by Anonymousreply 17811/10/2012

The young blonde niece poet chick HAS TO GO.

And that season ending sounds far too interesting for this show, R169.

by Anonymousreply 17911/10/2012

JD Souther, not exactly a country artist, but a great singer/songwriter by any measure, plays Watty, the DJ/producer/grand old man.

Disagree about Britton's performance. She's underplaying it and she's great. But the scripts do need to up the soapiness a little. Problem is the writing thus far has been a little too smart to get all outrageous and borderline campy. Of course, I see David Marshall Grant (of the Sally Field programme and others) is on staff now and that might send the show there--or worse.

by Anonymousreply 18011/10/2012

I remember JD Souther when he had a duet with James Taylor.

Whover above compared this show to Pan Am is right, they have a great premise but they needed more shock value/drama to make them interesting.

by Anonymousreply 18111/10/2012

The new storyline with the young country singer and his new girlfriend is cringeworthy. The yogurt? Ugggh. And how many times will she say she wants it to be uncomplicated. ?? Meh.

by Anonymousreply 18211/11/2012

R180, David Marshall Grant has been producing it since the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 18311/11/2012

[quote] It's gonna stick around

For a full season, probably. But "TV By The Numbers" has it listed as "on the bubble" so its lousy ratings may very well get it cancelled next spring.

[quote] If nothing else she is no longer obscure and is now recognized for the fine actress that she is.

She's an over-the-hill, none too attractive, stiff, boring actor who is going to be recognized as Nielsen box poison when this overpraised flop gets cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 18411/12/2012

I watched the first two episodes, then went on vacation and never got back onboard. Sounds like I'm not missing too much.

by Anonymousreply 18511/12/2012

Britton plays the character like she just awoke from a concussion.

by Anonymousreply 18611/12/2012

LOL, good description, R186. She just doesn't seem to have a clue what to do with her character. Nice tan, though.

It was announced today that it's been picked up for a full season.

I'd be willing to bet that the first season cliffhanger will be Juliette in a coma from a drug overdose and it was that little bitch Scarlett that put her there.

by Anonymousreply 18711/12/2012

"Good news for fans of the late-season start drama “Nashville” which airs on ABC. The show has been picked up for a full season run. The announcement came from ABC on Monday, Nov 12 and comes as a relief to fans. The show had garnered “soft” ratings but saw an 11% increase in ratings last week, bringing it to a 2.0 for adults in the 18-49 rating group.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere as the shows antagonists, two rival country music stars, one in the twilight of her career and the other just beginning. The soap opera style drama waited two weeks to start because of presidential debates and struggled to find a following at first.

With a little help from DVR viewing, “Nashville” is in the number 1 slot for adults 18 to 49 in the Wednesday 10 p.m. time slot. It is also rated as one of the top 3 new TV series in the adults 18-49 group."

by Anonymousreply 18811/13/2012

Great! I love this fucking show!

by Anonymousreply 18911/13/2012

Will there be a soundtrack album, as with "Smash"?

by Anonymousreply 19011/14/2012

I finally caved and watched this show. I was pleased with it. I only watched because I love T-Bone Burnette so much. I'll watch it again. I thought it was simple and innoffensive, but the songs and musical performances were pretty good. At least it isn't some sort of sappy hillbilly glee.

by Anonymousreply 19111/14/2012

Last night's episode added two new characters - the football player and the rock producer - who should add new depth to the show.

by Anonymousreply 19211/15/2012

The football player is fucking hot! He made out with Ezra Miller in a movie last year:

by Anonymousreply 19311/15/2012

And the rock producer is Michiel Huisman, who was very naked in a Dutch movie:

by Anonymousreply 19411/15/2012

The rock producer is also a regular on "Treme," where he plays a druggie musician. I'm not sure what he adds to the show besides the obvious, but the football player FINALLY gives Hayden P. someone to bounce off.

by Anonymousreply 19511/15/2012

Other than Juliette I find most of the stories really dull and the whole show kind of directionless. Plus, Rayna has no personality whatsoever. ET online just wrote an article about how to fix her character:

by Anonymousreply 19611/15/2012

Connie Britton's style of acting in this show is really pissing me off now. Her line deliveries are "conversational" but totally lack energy and conviction. In a word, she sucks and Hayden P is totally walking off with the show.

by Anonymousreply 19711/15/2012

The first (and possibly only) soundtrack will be released next month.

by Anonymousreply 19811/15/2012

Just watched the new episode. The whole hour I was sure they'd set Juliet up to be a beard without telling her. But in the preview for next episode it looks like she screws the guy, so I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 19911/15/2012

I screw every guy on the show. It's in the contract.

by Anonymousreply 20011/16/2012

Britton barely has a character to play. In fact, I'd say that other than Juliette and maybe Deacon no one on this show is recognizable as an actual human being. They're just ciphers reciting lines. Eric Close is sleepwalking through this role in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 20111/16/2012

First time I've fast-forwarded through anything on this show was the song Avery (Jonathan Jackson) performed on Wednesday night. That was ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 20211/16/2012

I'm hopeful things will pick up in the next episode. It will bring the Juliette and Rayna conflict to the forefront, which is what I expected this show to be about anyway. Maybe letting Britton and Pantyhair play off each other will bring some sparks.

by Anonymousreply 20311/16/2012

I agree, r201. Eric Close is zzzzzzzz.....

by Anonymousreply 20411/16/2012

I wanna see Deacon's feets.

by Anonymousreply 20511/16/2012

[quote] Connie Britton's style of acting in this show is really pissing me off now. Her line deliveries are "conversational" but totally lack energy and conviction. In a word, she sucks and Hayden P is totally walking off with the show.

I pointed something similar to this earlier in the thread. She slowly nods or shakes her head while she is reciting her dialogue, like she is slowly remembering something after awakening from a coma.

by Anonymousreply 20611/20/2012

What makes her father so evil (he'll always be Jim Jones to me)? The most interesting thing was the poor black guy getting stopped so he couldn't go to the mayoral thing. I almost wish the husband had fucked around on Rayna, it would make him more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 20711/21/2012

It was also a little groan-worthy he just happened to have accepted the bottle of pills from Deacon. It didn't occur to either of them to throw the damn things out?

by Anonymousreply 20811/21/2012

I liked the "ripped from the sports pages" business about Hayden's character being a jinx for the football player.

by Anonymousreply 20911/30/2012

Odd casting choice - for the virtuous white-bread football quarterback, they hire a guy with a full sleeve tattoo.

This show seems to constantly just miss the mark.

by Anonymousreply 21011/30/2012

I enjoy it. It's never a chore to watch. But is it just me, or does NOTHING actually happen on this show? So the next episode is going to be about the possibility of Rayna and Juliette touring together? Wasn't that what the pilot was about?

None of these characters have moved an inch.

I will say, I think they capture the city pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 21111/30/2012

So far the biggest thing has been Juliette shoplifting. The big scandal needs to break next episode.

by Anonymousreply 21211/30/2012

But is it just me, or does NOTHING actually happen on this show?

It's not just you, r211. I totally agree.

There are only 3 things that keep me tuning in each week. 1. The music 2. Sam Palladio who plays Gunnar (I want him in my bed) and 3. Jonathan Jackson. (whom I wouldn't kick out of bed either)

I also think Eric Close's character is beyond boring.

By the way, they're releasing a soundtrack on Dec 11.

by Anonymousreply 21311/30/2012

Well, then, here's one less reason to watch: Jonathan Jackson is a Bush-loving fundie. He actively campaigned for W in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 21411/30/2012

The tattoo made no sense for that character.

The only thing I liked was the duet at the end about the wrong song.

by Anonymousreply 21511/30/2012

I wonder if Wyclef is going to be on more that just that one episode. It almost seems like a waste to have such a big name in music as a guest star and not give them a higher profile spot.

by Anonymousreply 21611/30/2012

That manager woman looks familiar.

by Anonymousreply 21712/01/2012

There's something about Connie Britton that just bugs the SHIT out of me.

Bitch acts with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 21812/01/2012

The song that ended the last episode was the first one that sounded like modern commercial Nashville. Like it or not, you could imagine Reba McIntire and Carrie Underwood having a hit duet with it.

I know T-Bone Burnett does the music, but up till now it's all sounded like Rosanne Cash/Austin City Limits/NPR-style country. Which is all fine, but it's a niche, not what drives the modern country music industry.

Things are picking up a little, but Connie Britton's home life is still as dull as her McMansion and the sensitive blonde singer-songwriter is even more teary and grating and whiny than ever. If this comes back for a second season, I hope they dispatch her to Austin or something.

And I would love to see a true country matriarch singer in the cast -- someone of Tammy Wynette or Loretta Lynn's generation. It would nicely offset Connie Britton as Reba/Martina and Hayden P. as Carrie/Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 21912/01/2012

[quote]the sensitive blonde singer-songwriter is even more teary and grating and whiny than ever.

As written, she's too stupid to figure out a fork, much less a rhyme.

by Anonymousreply 22012/01/2012

When does the crazy man shoot Barbara Jean?

by Anonymousreply 22112/01/2012

I don't know if it's the photography, pace or music, but to me this show is hypnotic. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 22212/01/2012

We're 7 episodes in and literally nothing has happened. And that chick who plays Scarlett is annoying beyond belief. I'm giving it one more episode (the winter finale) but I can't imagine I'll be back beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 22312/02/2012

Those were some pretty low-impact cliffhangers they left us with.

I like how the promo for the second half of the season uses "the tour that will make for great drama" and "cue the fireworks." Both of those are elements this show completely lacks. They shouldn't try to market it like there are going to be bitch fights, because that's not how the show plays.

by Anonymousreply 22412/06/2012

I wasn't surprised the football player's mother turned out to be a bitch; but that scene should have packed more punch.

by Anonymousreply 22512/06/2012

[quote]the sensitive blonde singer-songwriter is even more teary and grating and whiny than ever.

Scarlett, the idiot albino? Dull, dull, dull.

by Anonymousreply 22612/06/2012

I was only half-watching, what did the football player's mother do/say?

by Anonymousreply 22712/08/2012

She said that she knows about Juliette's druggie mom and her shoplifting and ended it with "Sweetie, it's not going to happen" re her and her son.

Scarlett is genuinely irritating. And something tells me that the very poor actress who plays her might be a bitch in real life.

by Anonymousreply 22812/10/2012

I think that manager lady that Avery is sleeping with was the therapist on Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 22912/13/2012

Wow, Connie was nominated for a Golden Globe.

by Anonymousreply 23012/14/2012

Scarlett's an idiot. She should just have a three way with Gunnar and Avery. And if Gunnar goes back and forth between accents, it could almost count as a four way.

by Anonymousreply 23112/14/2012

***AHEM***, R230.

by Anonymousreply 23212/14/2012

[quote]Scarlett's an idiot.

In order for this show to work, it needs to be like Six Feet Under: Someone needs to die at the beginning of each episode.

Only, unlike Six Feet Under, it needs to be a series regular.

Start with Scarlett.

by Anonymousreply 23312/14/2012

I love R233.

by Anonymousreply 23412/14/2012

Was there a new episode last week?

by Anonymousreply 23512/26/2012

R235, no. I think that last episode was the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 23612/26/2012

Thanks r236, and it looks like a rerun tonight too.

by Anonymousreply 23712/26/2012

I thought Nashville had been given a full season.

by Anonymousreply 23812/26/2012

[quote]I thought Nashville had been given a full season.

It has.

The last new episode was the fall finale, not the season finale.

Jan. 2nd will be a catch-up episode that gives a summary of what has happened so far. Personally I feel that should only take a maximum of about 8 minutes, but they are making it an hour.

Then new episodes start Jan. 9th.

by Anonymousreply 23912/26/2012

So far, there are no comments about last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 24001/10/2013

Do you know that you are a daddy, Deacon? Actually I'm just guessing - they didn't really give the daddy away. But I thought it was awesome that Powers Boothe threatened to publicly out his own granddaughter's parentage.

That was a good first episode back. Stuff finally happened. There was more story than in that half season catch-up episode they played last week.

Where is Julia flying off to at the end? Probably doesn't matter to her, so long as it keeps her away from her own wedding.

by Anonymousreply 24101/10/2013

Deacon, I think you are dreamy and want you deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 24201/10/2013

R241 Deacon can be MY daddy any time he wants.

by Anonymousreply 24301/10/2013

That is one mean mother-in-law. I'm glad they ramped up the tension. It had been going to slowly.

by Anonymousreply 24401/11/2013

Nashville was beaten again by Chicago Fire this week. That show has hotter men and a very hot lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 24501/11/2013

I wish Reyna would leave that boring ass husband

by Anonymousreply 24601/11/2013

I wish they'd split up too r246, but for a different reason.

Eric Close is hot and I want to see him fucking someone - and since he's obviously not going to be fucking Reina any time soon, they should split up so he can get some.

by Anonymousreply 24701/11/2013

Wait, it's still on? I thought the season ended a few weeks ago. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 24801/11/2013

There's only one new episode since the winter break. You can probably catch up online.

by Anonymousreply 24901/11/2013

The show needs more music.

by Anonymousreply 25001/11/2013

Dull-as-dishwater, annoying blonde folf singer chick is Australian. Can we deport her instead of Piers?

Eric Close looks like a young Steve Lawrence to me. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 25101/11/2013

Eric Close's picture is in the dictionary next to the definition of "bland."

by Anonymousreply 25201/11/2013

I love Connie, but I think I'm dropping the show. It's a snoozefest. But let me know if Daddy Deacon shows his feets or nips again.

by Anonymousreply 25301/12/2013

I want to see more Gunner hotness.

by Anonymousreply 25401/19/2013

Last night did not have any shirtless Deacon but a lot of bitch fighting between Rayna and Juliette so it wasn't a total loss.

by Anonymousreply 25501/24/2013

Total yawnfest. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 25601/25/2013

This week's episode was great. It really did seem to turn a corner and become the show it should be. HaydenPanettierre is 82 kinds of fabulous-the scene with the mother at the end was very good.

But no shots of Deacon shirtless or in his underwear when he was lying around his house? Not even bare feets? Please. That was so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25701/25/2013

Another Hayden Pantiehairie hater here.

by Anonymousreply 25801/25/2013

Was last week a rerun? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 25902/05/2013

That's correct r259, last week was a repeat. New episode tonight though.

by Anonymousreply 26002/06/2013

Eric Close's large areolae (had to look up the plural of areola) were on display last night.

And Gunnar showed off a furry chest and belly.

by Anonymousreply 26102/07/2013

I knew that Scarlett's songwriter partner (sorry, don't know his name) was English but had no idea that the actress was from Australia.

by Anonymousreply 26202/07/2013

Gunnar! That's his name! Cute British dude.

by Anonymousreply 26302/07/2013

I'm liking Juliet Barnes almost as much as Victoria Grayson. I'd like to see Rayna James get a little bitchier too.

by Anonymousreply 26402/07/2013

Reyna is already kind of bitchy. Wish Deacon would throw her a hot fuck, maybe that would help.

by Anonymousreply 26502/08/2013

Gunnar's hot, hairy, bearded brother is back tonight.

by Anonymousreply 26602/14/2013

WTF, I though you all said this was the worst show on TV with the worst acting and script and it was doomed.

by Anonymousreply 26702/14/2013

[quote]WTF, I though you all said this was the worst show on TV with the worst acting and script and it was doomed.

No, dear, that's SMASH.

by Anonymousreply 26802/15/2013

I hadn't realized Eric Stoltz was directing now.

by Anonymousreply 26902/15/2013

Loved this last episode. I don't normally notice stuff like this, but there were some really beautifully composed shots in there, too.

Oh, and Gunnar wearing a towel is a good step forward, but they need to lose the other towel hanging around his neck. At least. That boy is sex on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 27002/15/2013

Reyna is perfection.Connie nails the role of a privileged Southern women with an artistic bent. She doesn't need to be a whiny bitch to get what she wants. She knows right from wrong but can't help herself at times. She loves her family and the spotlight. Let's not make Reyna some one dimensional Dynasty character. Connie is better than that.

by Anonymousreply 27102/15/2013

Who is the guy Rayna spent the night with, in his bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 27202/15/2013

Her ex-producer. Loved him on TREME.

by Anonymousreply 27302/15/2013

I thought you'd all want to know ... that I've stopped watching this show.

It got tiresome that every new character could play the guitar and sing. The football player, Gunnar's brother, (the guy that makes the donuts, the girl that babysits, the old lady that fixes cars, etc. - you get the idea.)

I liked Juliette. She was a compelling, complex character. She could be a piece of work, but it was understandable and balanced by her other sides.

Rayna, OTOH, was just too much of a bitch. It seemed constant. I did not find her interesting or likable in the least.

by Anonymousreply 27402/15/2013

[quote]It got tiresome that every new character could play the guitar and sing.

Isn't that kind of representative of Nashville though?

In the same way that nearly every waiter and barista in L.A. is an actor, isn't Nashville the mecca for folk or country singer/songwriters and until they get their break, they have to make a living in another way?

by Anonymousreply 27502/16/2013

Ditto what R275 said. That's the culture there. Nashville kids pick up their first guitars before they start walking.

by Anonymousreply 27602/16/2013

Love the British guy who plays Gunner. However, I could do without that Australian actress who plays his song writing partner. She.. is.... just..... too.. precious. They need to dump her. And yes, more Gunner shirtless scenes.

by Anonymousreply 27702/16/2013

R277 hit the nail on the head: she is too precious.

That little baby doll voice drives me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 27802/16/2013

The ex producer Liam is HOT. Hottest, sexiest guy on the show IMO. Those dimples! IFHH!!

by Anonymousreply 27902/16/2013

[quote]That's the culture there. Nashville kids pick up their first guitars before they start walking.

Nashville cats play clean as country water

Nashville cats play wild as mountain dew.

Nashville cats been playin' since they's babies

Nashville cats get work before they're two.

by Anonymousreply 28002/16/2013

Who were the "real life" country singers who attended Deacon's surprise birthday party? I only recognized Pam Tillis and Vince Gill.

by Anonymousreply 28103/01/2013

R281 I'm betting Mindy McCready wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 28203/01/2013

Nashville is not doing too well in the ratings. I hope ABC does the right thing and renew this show.

by Anonymousreply 28303/05/2013

Were the last 2 weeks reruns? How do they expect to have a hit show with no new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 28403/17/2013

They should have killed off Deacon's niece instead of Gunnar's brother.

by Anonymousreply 28503/18/2013

From TV Guide:

Will your favorite shows be back next year?

Nashville is under the "Looking Good" category. So hopefully it will be renewed.

Also, r284, it's not uncommon for the networks to air repeats(sometimes for 2 or more weeks) during this time of year. They like to save the new (and best)episodes for May which is a sweeps month. Which is also of course when they air season finales.

by Anonymousreply 28603/18/2013

Why bother bringing a show back that will only be aired randomly?

Watching the last episode bored me. I don't care about the characters or plot. Too many missing weekly episodes. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 28703/29/2013

I agree. I like the show. But it moves slowly. And because of that, these three week hiatuses kill the spell.

I'd totally forgotten who was where in their respective stories and I'd lost my connection to them. Scarlett and Gunnar are in bed together? When did that happen? I forget, am I happy about that or did I want her with that other guy? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 28803/29/2013

Hayden P is engaged to some foreign neantherdal giant, WTF is up with that? Seems like she could do much better.

by Anonymousreply 28903/30/2013

Lamar's dead, huh? Good.

Daphne and Maddie are beyond adorable and I love their singing.

I'd like Charles Esten to cum inside me quite fiercely.

by Anonymousreply 29004/05/2013

Hayden's boyfriend is about two feet taller than she is.

by Anonymousreply 29104/05/2013

They will ruin the Deacon character if he settles down with the vet, unless Charles Esten wants to leave the show and this is his out.

by Anonymousreply 29204/10/2013

Lamar's not dead, apparently. Damn, wish he was.

by Anonymousreply 29304/10/2013

I think, R292, that the vet is just the latest in a long line of obstacles to keep Ranya and Deacon apart.

The writers made a huge mistake in getting Deacon into bed with Juliette so early in the series. That would have been the ultimate obstacle.

by Anonymousreply 29404/10/2013

How come Hayden Pantaloon went into music instead of acting? Not like she was much of an actress.

She seems to be alright as a singer and she'd have destroyed Britney and Carrie Underwood. Looks are all that matter in that game, she has that and more unless it's just a product of studio autotuning.

by Anonymousreply 29504/10/2013

Er, acting instead of music of course.

by Anonymousreply 29604/10/2013

[quote] the vet is just the latest in a long line of obstacles to keep Ranya and Deacon apart.

And yet is anyone rooting for Deacon and Rayna to get together? Seems if that is what the producers think the audiences should want, they failed at it. I don't feel chemistry between the two, and frankly she is kind of a drip. (although not as much of a drip as Scarlett)

by Anonymousreply 29704/10/2013

[quote]it's not uncommon for the networks to air repeats(sometimes for 2 or more weeks) during this time of year. They like to save the new (and best)episodes for May which is a sweeps month.

No, the reason nearly nothing new is on in March is because of shitball on CBS. That, plus the networks are too pussified to give us more than 13 or 22 episodes per year.

by Anonymousreply 29804/10/2013

Nashville is on tonight, 4/10/13

[quote]A personal crisis forces Rayna to head back to Nashville and miss a sold-show in New York; Deacon shares criticism with Juliette; Gunnar wants to celebrate Scarlett's success; Avery becomes Juliette's roadie.

by Anonymousreply 29904/10/2013

I hope Gunnar's celebrating with his pants off.

by Anonymousreply 30004/10/2013

I keep watching this show although it isn't too exciting. I do like that they are making Teddy's girlfriend a bad girl. Also maybe if mom and daughter are both trying to bang the counselor it could be interesting, but he doesn't do much for me. Maybe Juliette will start screwing Avery?

by Anonymousreply 30104/10/2013

I love this show and look forward to each episode, though I wish it were on regularly. I missed an episode because...well, I don't know why exactly. It just didn't occur to me that it was on.

ABC is handling this show poorly, but I like what I see when it's on, so I hope it will come back. So watch it, y'all. Watch NASHVILLE.

by Anonymousreply 30204/10/2013

The English actor who plays Gunnar's got BBNP-Bad British Nipple Placement.

by Anonymousreply 30304/10/2013

Reyna and her sister both love the bottled red hair

by Anonymousreply 30404/10/2013

Are they going to a gay bar?

by Anonymousreply 30504/10/2013

From your mouth, R305.

by Anonymousreply 30604/10/2013

The blonde niece's hair looks like a poodle's ass

The hispanic sober keeper guy turned out to be an asshole

by Anonymousreply 30704/10/2013

I live in Nashville, and love watching the show. The story can get tedious at times -- and plot lines are started and discarded seemingly on a whim -- but I like that they portray the city in a positive light. They make the city look great! Also, I'm an artist, and they used a bunch of my paintings in one of the scenes at the vet's office. I'm very thankful about that! Check out my site! Buy an original painting!!!!! :)

by Anonymousreply 30804/10/2013

Congrats on the painting sale.

I like parts of the show, but I fast forward through scenes with Scarlett. I'm glad they've brought back Powers Boothe. It makes no sense to have him and Robert Wisdom in the cast and use them so little.

by Anonymousreply 30904/11/2013

I love Scarlett, because when she's in a scene, there's probably going to be a song I like, plus her presence almost always includes Gunnar's presence, and he's the guy I'd most like to see naked on NASHVILLE, especially now that the football player is gone.

Juliette's now-you-see-him-now-you-don't near-marriage is the only storyline I haven't liked. Talk about abrupt.

by Anonymousreply 31004/11/2013

If you haven't yet, R310, check out EPISODES on Showtime. The actor who plays Gunnar is on there, in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 31104/11/2013

Thanks, R311. I've seen Episodes. It took me a while to remember where I'd seen Sam Palladio before. I had to look him up on IMDb, and there he was, on Episodes.

by Anonymousreply 31204/11/2013

[quote]I hope Gunnar's celebrating with his pants off.

R300 You got your wish!

I was really hoping that Gunnar and Will would kiss after making it across the RR tracks.

by Anonymousreply 31304/11/2013

Thanks, R313. Do you think Will could possibly be gay? I was thinking that "2000 names in his little black book" business could have been a bit of still-in-the-closet overcompensating. For someone with such a purported way with the ladies, we haven't actually seen him with one.

OTOH, Will really did click with Scarlett onstage. Who knows what that might portend?

It could go either way.

by Anonymousreply 31404/11/2013

R308 Listen sister, don't you remember what happened to Polyanna Pisspot, Scat Munch?

Datalounge doesn't go for links of self-promotion. Now get out of my way, I've got a man waiting for me.

by Anonymousreply 31504/11/2013

I can't understand a single word that Charlotte says. She's like Boomhour on King of the Hill.

by Anonymousreply 31604/11/2013

R316 Her name is SCARLETT.

Have you tried closed captioning?

by Anonymousreply 31704/11/2013

Charlotte has so many moles, I have to turn my head in horror, lest I play connect the dots on my screen.

by Anonymousreply 31804/11/2013

You didn't even get her name right, R316. Or is that your point?

by Anonymousreply 31904/11/2013

The Will character is creepy. i don't know if that's because the actor playing him is creepy, or because he's going to do something underhanded. He's not all there. I, too, thought he was going to make a pass at Gunnar. He's got to be in there for some devious activity.

by Anonymousreply 32004/11/2013

Interesting that Clare Bowen, who plays Scarlett is from Australia, and studied opera.

And my beloved Gunner (Sam Palladino) is a Brit!

by Anonymousreply 32104/11/2013

[quote]The Will character is creepy. i don't know if that's because the actor playing him is creepy, or because he's going to do something underhanded.

I keep waiting for someone to punch Will in the face and say "Welcome to the NT, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 32204/11/2013

R322, I *thought* that was him! Love it!

by Anonymousreply 32304/11/2013

Still no new episode this week? ABC really seems determined to kill this show off along with Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 32404/25/2013

I will not be surprised if ABC cans this show. It didn't get the ratings the network wanted. It is a tad better than its competition Chicago Fire. Some of the critics really love Nashville and some are predicting an Emmy nod for Connie Britton. I don't see her getting nominated. If this show does end, she and Hayden will land other gigs. The rest of the cast will probably have a hard time.

by Anonymousreply 32504/26/2013

They're especially negligent about Nashville. I've actually missed episodes because they run new ones so infrequently.

Revenge should have run for a year and then ended. It was clear within 3 or 4 eps in the 2nd season that the show made no sense anymore, and I gave it up.

I hope Nashville comes back, but try for regular episodes, ABC, even if you only do half-seasons like on CW. If all they want to do are 13 episodes, fine. Do 13 episodes. But do them in 13 weeks. This sporadic bullshit is just that: bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 32604/26/2013

There is a new episode next Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 32704/26/2013

[quote] Some of the critics really love Nashville and some are predicting an Emmy nod for Connie Britton.

It is indeed impressive she can recite her dialogue while nodding her head up and down at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 32804/26/2013

Thank you, R327.

by Anonymousreply 32904/26/2013

Jay Hernandez is so hot. Shower scene tonight!

by Anonymousreply 33005/01/2013

I fucking new it from the night they went driving together and out racing trains..GAY GAY GAY

by Anonymousreply 33105/01/2013

Oh yeah, I am r 305

by Anonymousreply 33205/01/2013

For once DL's suspicion about a character being gay was right on! Finally a really good episode. Reyna and Deacon finally get it on and Juliette got PLAYED. I knew the mother was not back on drugs and figured he was setting her up.

by Anonymousreply 33305/01/2013

r331 Sorry Gt I meant to type knew..just got excited.

by Anonymousreply 33405/01/2013

Will must be playing the new Kenny Chesney.

by Anonymousreply 33505/01/2013

RE: the "Welcome to the OC, bitch" guy, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Or he'd've been living in Pantyland.

by Anonymousreply 33605/01/2013

The uncircumcision troll should be watching. Michiel Huisman is from Holland.

by Anonymousreply 33705/01/2013

I can't stand Scarlett anymore. Hanging the laundry looking like an extra out of the Grapes of Wrath but with yarn hair? Too bad she didn't get killed instead of the hot brother.

by Anonymousreply 33805/02/2013

Is the OC guy never going to be seen again?

by Anonymousreply 33905/02/2013

That was a hot kiss. I wish Gunner would have been into it.

by Anonymousreply 34005/02/2013

I wish Gunnar's brother hadn't been brought on just to be killed, too, R338. I love David Clayton Rogers, and if I were a casting agent, I'd put him in a lead role whether he offered me a blow job or not.

But I also love Scarlett. It's amazing what she does with her southern accent given she's Australian.

And yes, R340, it was HOT. We can only dream about Gunnar being into it, I guess. I wonder where they'll go from here.

Will is too hot to lose, but they're in the habit of dropping hot guys off a cliff once they've served their plot point (Juliet's almost-husband, Gunnar's brother). But I don't think we've come to the end of Will's story. First, who knew Chris Carmack could sing like that, and second, well, nothing's really resolved yet with Will.

by Anonymousreply 34105/02/2013

R341 Juliette DID marry the guy, so he wasn't an "almost husband."

by Anonymousreply 34205/02/2013

But they annulled the marriage, so he's her never-was husband.

by Anonymousreply 34305/02/2013

What R343 said, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 34405/02/2013

Chris Carmack looks so familiar but I never watched The O.C. Beautiful man! Hope they keep him.

by Anonymousreply 34505/02/2013

I wanted to like this show. I love Connie Britton and think Hayden is a good actress herself. But the plot just got really dull.

I hated anything to do with the blonde niece / gunnar / and the other guy. All three are lousy actors.

Overall it is a much higher quality show than Smash, but a lot less fun.

by Anonymousreply 34605/02/2013

Susan Misner competes with Susan Misner. On two shows The Americans and Nashville in the same time slot. How often does that happen?

by Anonymousreply 34705/02/2013

Hayden half steals the show. The guy who plays Deacon is good too. All the rest are just so so.

by Anonymousreply 34805/02/2013

Deacon appeared on "What's My Line" several times. Quite the comedian.

by Anonymousreply 34905/02/2013

Is there a new "What's My Line?"

by Anonymousreply 35005/02/2013

Who's Line is it Anyway?

How embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 35105/02/2013

Omg, as soon as I read that I remembered him on Who's Line! He's cuter now.

by Anonymousreply 35205/03/2013

[quote]Who's Line is it Anyway?

Oh, dear. It's WHOSE. Still embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 35305/03/2013

Hot as this may have been, a guy like Will IRL would have handled this way differently than just lunging for the hard kiss -- you've got to go slowly and plant the seed (so to speak) so that the other dude winds up thinking it's *his* idea -- I thought they were going in this direction in the bar scene when Gunnar totally seems like he's crushing on Will, beaming about how great he was on stage and staring at him lovingly -- but it became one more instance of this show rushing a plot point at the expense of plausibility and character development -- in any case, a better way to play the scene would have been if Gunnar had been into it, or confused, or a little into it (especially since it was crosscut with Raina and Deacon), instead of the cliche of the hard pass and then the hard rejection.

by Anonymousreply 35405/06/2013

Hot hot ht photo of Michiel Huisman.

Hot damn. I always thought he was the hottest guy on the show, and now I like him even more..

by Anonymousreply 35505/06/2013

There are nudes of Michiel Huisman out there, R355. Here's one pic, but google it yourself; I think there are more out there.

by Anonymousreply 35605/06/2013

Michiel Huisman is the very definition of "Big Dick Face".

by Anonymousreply 35705/06/2013

What is "Big Dick Face"? I've never heard of it anywhere but here.

by Anonymousreply 35805/06/2013

tBig Dick Face:

A gentleman with facial features that indicate he probably has a large penis.

"Normally I wouldn't date someone like that but I'm a size queen and he has big dick face so I took a chance and it paid off. I'm still sore."

by Anonymousreply 35905/06/2013

Thank you, R359. It may take me a while to learn to read "big dick" when I look at a man's face, but in the meantime, Michiel Huisman also has "My face is so hot, you're going to want me no matter how big my dick is" face.

by Anonymousreply 36005/06/2013

Scarlet's mole will be up for best supporting actress.

by Anonymousreply 36105/06/2013

[quote]Michiel Huisman also has "My face is so hot, you're going to want me no matter how big my dick is" face.

Very true. I want him inside me. Deeply. And I'm a top!

by Anonymousreply 36205/06/2013

I'm wondering if the guy who recorded Gunnar's demo will decide he wants Gunnar and Will to record and perform together. I want something to happen whereby they don't walk out of each other's lives.

by Anonymousreply 36305/12/2013

[quote]I'm wondering if the guy who recorded Gunnar's demo will decide he wants Gunnar and Will to record and perform together. I want something to happen whereby they don't walk out of each other's lives.

My dick just got hard at the notion of them performing together, again.

That kiss was hot and Will now has a dirty little secret. YEEEE-HAAAA!!!

by Anonymousreply 36405/12/2013

And Charles Esten has that sexy, smoldering, push it deep into me when he comes look.

Oh baby, oh, daddy!

by Anonymousreply 36505/12/2013

Will: Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 36605/12/2013

Will: Passionate Power Bottom; barebacks.

by Anonymousreply 36705/12/2013

Hooray! "Nashville" was renewed for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 36805/14/2013

[quote]Will: Passionate Power Bottom; barebacks.

Gunnar is a lucky boy.

by Anonymousreply 36905/14/2013

Does Gunnar make Will hit a high C when they fuck?

by Anonymousreply 37005/14/2013

The actor who plays Gunner would be a great choice to play a young Bruce Springsteen.

by Anonymousreply 37105/14/2013

That's a wonderful idea, R371. Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 37205/14/2013

I thought it looked like the producer was hitting/crushing on Gunnar too last week.

by Anonymousreply 37305/14/2013

Look like Juliette will get threatened with a sex tape from the guy who bailed with her money.

I like Reyna with Deacon and think it's really shitty he wasn't told that was his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 37405/15/2013

I think Juliette will end up married to Will and they'll be able to fuck whoever they want on the side.

by Anonymousreply 37505/15/2013

Wow, Charles Eston (Deacon) used to be a bit of a dork:

by Anonymousreply 37605/15/2013

Only two episodes left. Next Weds. (5/22) is the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 37705/15/2013

R373, omg.. I thought I was the only one to notice that! Glad I'm not alone. The show is getting more and more homoerotic by each episode, and I'm loving it!

Yep, R377. I just hope they don't kill off Will in the season finale. They have already killed/dropped two male characters this season, and I heard some rumors about the season finale. They better not drop the gay storyline, since it's basically the only storyline on the show that's interesting. The storyline has so much potential too. They have enough material here for many more seasons, that's if they give a damn. They could touch upon bearding, homophobia in the music industry etc.

by Anonymousreply 37805/15/2013

[quote]They better not drop the gay storyline

Agreed. They need to have Ty Herndon do a guest spot at a truck stop glory hole.

by Anonymousreply 37905/15/2013

SPOILERS for FINALE [bold]and[/bold] NEXT SEASON:

Someone gets pregnant

Gunnar struggles with his sexuality

Deacon finds out about Maddie being his daughter

An old character returns and stirs up trouble!

There are TWO deaths in the finale one male and one female - Dante is one - you can guess the other one.

by Anonymousreply 38005/15/2013

[quote]They need to have Ty Herndon do a guest spot at a truck stop glory hole.

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 38105/15/2013

[quote]Gunnar struggles with his sexuality

Seriously?!? Cuz that would make me unbelievably happy.

by Anonymousreply 38205/15/2013

Are those spoilers for real? I knew about two characters getting killed in the finale, so I'm going out on a limb and say they're real. But Gunnar struggling with his sexuality? Really? I always just figured that Will would be the one struggling with his sexuality, and Gunnar would be straight, but still be a friend and someone to lean on when Will eventually comes out. I thought he really did like Scarlett. Hmm.. I'm not complaining. Gunnar being gay would be hot as fuck. But I'm still not buying it until I see it happening, lol.

by Anonymousreply 38305/15/2013

[quote]But I'm still not buying it until I see it happening,

And by "see it happening", I assume you mean a graphic sex scene with full frontal from both guys, right?

by Anonymousreply 38405/15/2013

[quote]But Gunnar struggling with his sexuality? Really?

I'm guessing when R380 spoiler said "struggling", it means just that. Not necessarily coming out or being gay, but maybe just questioning things. That's probably as far as the show will take it. They want to tease us, maybe. However, we can hope for more!

[quote]I always just figured that Will would be the one struggling with his sexuality

Um, honey there's no struggle there!

by Anonymousreply 38505/15/2013

I think you misunderstood what I said, R384. I mean I don't really believe the spoiler, as in Gunnar struggling with his sexuality. I always pictured him being straight, after all it was Will who came onto him, and not the other way around. I just figured it would be your typical "I'm not gay, I'm in love with my girlfriend, but I'm not homophobic, I want to be your friend and support you through this" kind of thing. I just don't buy Gunnar being gay, sorry. Trust me though.. I hope I'm wrong, because Gunnar being gay would be extremely hot. I just don't see how it can play out that way.

by Anonymousreply 38605/15/2013

I agree with R385.

R386, straight guys can struggle with their sexuality too. Just because you are curious or question things does not mean you are gay. It means you struggle with it and conclude you are straight.

Whatever. I can see both sides.

by Anonymousreply 38705/15/2013

Jolene OD's

by Anonymousreply 38805/15/2013

Called that one

by Anonymousreply 38905/15/2013

Mom dies.

Skeevy ex boyfriend/thief dies.

I predict a return of Sean for Juliette.

by Anonymousreply 39005/15/2013

Where is the "extended preview for next week's episode online" that they teased at the end of the show? Can't find it. Trying to see if there's any detectable Gunnar-on-Will sexual tension.

by Anonymousreply 39105/15/2013

Unlike "Smash," this show is actually getting better as the season progresses and the characters are more fleshed out. I'm really starting to enjoy it a lot. I even like much of the music, and I'm not a country fan by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 39205/16/2013

R391 The only thing I found was the scene from next week's show where Deacon confronts Rayna about Maddie's paternity.

by Anonymousreply 39305/16/2013

I agree, R392. It keeps getting better and better, imo yesterday's episode was the best episode in a long time.

R387, I didn't think about it that way.. I guess it's possible that he's confused about his sexuality, but that he will eventually realize that he's straight. I just don't see him coming out as gay anytime soon, that would be Will, not Gunnar.

Speaking of Will.. did anyone catch the conversation between him and Gunnar? He said that he got with a friend when he was 17 and his dad threw him out. No wonder he's so messed up. I'm not liking the preview for next week though.. having sex with Scarlett.. just no. I kinda did see it coming though, but still.. ugh.

by Anonymousreply 39405/16/2013

[quote] just don't see him coming out as gay anytime soon

No one ever said he would. Can't you read?

by Anonymousreply 39505/16/2013

[quote]Unlike "Smash," this show is actually getting better as the season progresses

Yeah, but NASHVILLE doesn't have a character as conceptually brilliant or stunningly well-realized as Kyle. I'm still haunted by his haircut.

by Anonymousreply 39605/16/2013

Kyle really was wonderful, wasn't he?

On Nashville, Will's haircut haunts me, but not in a good way. I liked Gunnar's hair last night, though.

by Anonymousreply 39705/16/2013

[quote]Yeah, but NASHVILLE doesn't have a character as conceptually brilliant or stunningly well-realized as Kyle.

Neither does SMASH, anymore.

by Anonymousreply 39805/16/2013

[quote]Neither does SMASH, anymore.

Not true. Through the power of decorative scarves, Kyle transcends time, space, states of being and all forms of televised entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 39905/16/2013

Nashville will have another chance, which is more than we can say about Smash.

by Anonymousreply 40005/17/2013

I would have liked it if it turned out that Dante and Jolene were pulling a long con on Juliette to fleece her out of her millions. We didn't care that much for Jolene in the first place so for her to be revealed as a nasty piece of shit wouldn't have been too jolting. And having them both be murdered by the end of the season would have been a good cliffhanger. Lamar or Teddy could have been tied into the storyline.

by Anonymousreply 40105/18/2013

I stopped watching about 2/3rds through the season. So what I really need to know is whether Deacon showed his NIPS or FEETS in the last few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 40205/18/2013

I thought that Sylvia Jefferies did an incredible acting job in making Jolene, a poorly written character, a fully fleshed out character. Simply acting at its best. She should be nominated for some supporting award.

I wonder if Juliette finds the card in the disposal?

It was an episode to rival ANY nighttime soap.

Will is starting to move to center in plot line interest.

And will someone please kill the Tandy Wyatt and Peggy Kenter characters. How about lesbian suicide pact?

by Anonymousreply 40305/19/2013

I miss Friday Night Lights. The show had probably run its course, but I would've watched it for 10 more years.

by Anonymousreply 40405/19/2013

You have too many DataLounge tabs open in your browser, r404.

by Anonymousreply 40505/19/2013

Does anyone care to speculate on the Season Finale?

by Anonymousreply 40605/20/2013

We want to see more homosex, and nust just an awkward kiss between Will and Gunnar.

by Anonymousreply 40705/20/2013

A new kind of romantic triangle is born as Gunnar and Will sing and play together, and one of them gets Scarlett pregnant during a three-way.

Deacon is going to lose his shit over the fact of Rayna's lying about Maddie being his daughter for the last __ years.

by Anonymousreply 40805/20/2013

I would be curious to know if for the most part this first season was planned out from day one or if there was some kind of mid-course change, as recently there are two things happening which weren't before: soapy, juicy storylines are really being pushed forward (blackmail, parentage) and the struggling newcomers characters are interacting with the stars.

by Anonymousreply 40905/20/2013

I like the idea of a three-way, R408 and R407, who doesn't want more gay sex? :)

That said.. we have to think about what's realistic here. I hate to break it to you.. I just don't see any possibility of Gunnar and Will hooking up. Gunnar is clearly straight, though trust me.. I hope I'm wrong, because them hooking up would be hot, if not slightly unrealistic.

I think what will happen is Will sleeping with Scarlett, to suppress his real sexuality, Gunnar will flip shit and they'll have a fall out. Eventually though they'll be friends again, and Gunnar will support Will in his coming out. I think this is a simple coming out story, at least how I see it right now. I do hope it turns into something bigger though, because this storyline has a lot of potential, with the homophobia in the country music business, and him eventually (hopefully) getting a boyfriend and how that affects his dreams of making it big.

Ugh.. I'll be happy as long as he's not killed off in the season finale, and as long as they give him some good material next season.

by Anonymousreply 41005/20/2013

It does seem like the series switched gears midstream. The first half of the season was very slow and very little happened episode to episode. I did not even understand why Connie Britton had signed on to the show, her character did little to nothing. There was no character development and Rayna/Connie was stuck in neutral. The characters and storylines did not intersect.

The second half of the season changed it up quite a bit. We started to see more interaction among characters, Rayna finally shifted into drive, Charlotte got a lot less whiney and annoying.

The show has definitely picked up steam and is moving in the right direction. I am happy that it has been renewed. I am hopeful that it will continue moving in a positive direction.

by Anonymousreply 41105/20/2013

I would still like to see Will and Gunnar form a singing duet. That's something that would assure Will's place on the show. They've gotten rid of two of the cutest cast members already, so I don't doubt they'll get rid of Will if all he's there for, plotwise, is to knock Scarlett up.

And if you think knocking a girl up insures your place in a work of fiction, allow me to refer you to Les Miserables, and any number of other soapy entertainments through the centuries.

by Anonymousreply 41205/20/2013

I don't care what they do with Will and Gunnar as long as it involves numerous lengthy shirtless scenes for both.

R411 Her name is SCARLETT, not Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 41305/20/2013

Thank you, R413. I had no idea who Charlotte was. R411 needs to have his hearing checked.

by Anonymousreply 41405/20/2013

No, but seriously guys.. by looking at the promo for next week Will is going to sleep with Scarlett, and continue to play the straight card, sigh. As long as Scarlett doesn't end up pregnant, and as long as Will isn't killed off or leaves the show, I'm happy. I just hope the show will improve next season.

by Anonymousreply 41505/20/2013

r413 I stand corrected, Scarlett not Charlotte. It did not seem like the right name when I wrote it, I was too lazy to look up the correct name, my mistake :-)

by Anonymousreply 41605/20/2013

Will becoming a big star and struggling to stay in the closet would make a terrific storyline. And if Juliette is supposed to be a Taylor Swift-type character, she could even become his beard, hoping for some good PR. I hope this is where they're going.

by Anonymousreply 41705/20/2013

I think it is where they're going, R417. Avery and Juliette have zero chemistry but Will and Juliette do.

by Anonymousreply 41805/20/2013

Sad letter from the wife of a fired crew member on Nashville:

by Anonymousreply 41905/20/2013

R418, Avery doesn't have chemistry with anyone. He's like a snake on four legs. If they needed to cut back on cast, I'd rather he have left than Juliette's un-husband.

by Anonymousreply 42005/21/2013

[quote]Not a phone call or a thank you for all they had done.

That made me laugh. If you want phone calls and thank yous from higher ups, get out of the entertainment business!

[quote]I am so tired of seeing the emotional toll the industry takes on so many in production and on the crew who work so hard all for a paycheck and a wrap party they are too exhausted to attend.

boo fucking hoo. If he hates it so much, find another line of work, or a different production. Remember, YOU chose this life.

Don better keep his wife in check. How embarrassing for his her to do this. There is a reason Don was let go. DEAL WITH IT.

by Anonymousreply 42105/21/2013

Wow, R421, I hope you're dealt the same level of compassion and decency when you lose YOUR job.

Douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 42205/21/2013

Agreed, R421. It's a rough life, but it's the life they've chosen. And it pays VERY well, thank you.

It ain't fair, but that's showbiz, kids.

by Anonymousreply 42305/21/2013

r421 she def comes off as very whiny in this open letter. I am not sure what industry she thought her husband worked in? She would be best served to keep her mouth shut if she wants her husband to work again. Bottom line, if they do not like it they should get out

by Anonymousreply 42405/21/2013

[quote]I hope you're dealt the same level of compassion and decency when you lose YOUR job. Douchebag.

Says the guy who posted the letter @ R419. Hmmmm..

Poor Don. What a shame about his wife posting this letter. I'm sure he's being laughed at right now, and what production is going to want to deal with that kind of shit?

"We better not do anything to Don that might upset his wife - she'll post another one of her rants online! Maybe we just better not hire him at all!"

by Anonymousreply 42505/21/2013

r425 EXACTLY!

Keep any grievance you have "in the family", don't put it out there for public consumption

by Anonymousreply 42605/21/2013

This bitch is nuts, truly. Oh my god. (click on the "ABOUT" section)

"I like yoga when it's easy. Pizza with soft crust. My egg yolks fully cooked. Sea salt from a dish scattered from the brush of my fingertips. Lobster reminds me of my grandfather who taught me the art of eating it whole, its eyes teetering from the snapping of its claws. Dipping the meat in melted butter then dragging it through the salt on my plate."

by Anonymousreply 42705/21/2013

Not enough Will in the episode yesterday. It's sad that he feels like he has to sleep with a lot of women and basically be a slut in order to make it in the business :(

by Anonymousreply 42805/23/2013

As long as Will doesn't die in a car crash with his head thumping across the hood, r428...

by Anonymousreply 42905/23/2013

Rayna's sister reminds me of Lorna Luft. The show has turned into Dallas but I still love it.

by Anonymousreply 43005/23/2013

That season finale was pure soap worthy of the trashiest country song (and yet I really enjoyed it).

by Anonymousreply 43105/23/2013

I'm loving this show too. Not a country music fan although I consider the movie NASHVILLE (no relation to the TV series) one of the best movies of the 70's. The series NASHVILLE has gotten soapy in the second half but it's fun. Looking forward to season two.

by Anonymousreply 43205/23/2013

You're right, R429. It could have been worse. I must admit, I did fear he would be killed off or leave.. but it seems like his story will continue next season, so that's good! :) At least he didn't sleep with Scarlett.. for a while there it kinda seemed like that's where this was going, lol. At least he "only" slept with a random chick. But hopefully he'll be more into guys next season.

by Anonymousreply 43305/23/2013

Or changing a flat tire, R429.

by Anonymousreply 43405/23/2013

R431 brings up Soap Rule 76: no one gets in a car unless they're going to get in a possibly fatal wreck in the last scene. Kind of like Chekhov's gun.

by Anonymousreply 43505/23/2013

The last half of the season has gotten much better, but last night I finally figured out what was bugging me about the whole show.

We're told Hayden P's character performs pop-country junk, while Connie Britton's character is a well-respected singer-songwriter.

But every time Connie Britton sings, it's the same overproduced generic stuff that someone like Taylor Swift sings -- just performed by a middle-aged woman. She's no Martina McBride or Faith Hill. And Britton in concert is a snore. I thought Hayden would be the weakest part of the show, but she's actually the best.

What I'd like to see in Season 2 is a Loretta Lynn/Dolly Parton type country music survivor enter the picture so we have three generations of Nashville women. That would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Scarlet and her boring baby-voiced folk music.

by Anonymousreply 43605/23/2013

My problem with the show is that Rayna just isn't interesting or likeable. We are supposed to be rooting for her but there is just no there, there.

Her arms and back looked gross in that dress she wore at the CMAs on the show.

by Anonymousreply 43705/23/2013

Scarlett's ex sounded like a wimp when he sang all girly like when he did the duet with her. She just brings everybody down, that character needs to either have a big time makeover or get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 43805/23/2013

I love Scarlett. She's gotten most of the good songs, especially that first one she and Gunnar did together. I like Rayna, but yeah, they haven't chosen many good songs for her. Her music has mostly been very generic, as R436 points out. I like Juliette as a character, however, more than either Scarlett or Rayna.

How many songs have any of you bought on iTunes? I've bought Scarlett and Gunnar's duet "If I Didn't Know Better," which I mentioned above, and "Ho, Hey," by Maisy and Lennon. That's it. I kind of like "Wrong Song," though. Maybe I'll buy it next time I iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 43905/23/2013

I really hate Teddy, I want him to go down. I wish Deacon would have kicked his ass.

by Anonymousreply 44005/23/2013

Connie can't sing worth a damn. Everybody else is quite talented.

Read that Connie is not happy with the show.

by Anonymousreply 44105/23/2013

I bought the whole cd of the first half of the season. Not that impressed with the songs on the second cd. I really liked Wrong Song, that gets stuck in my head a lot. I also liked "known better" and "no one will ever love you".

by Anonymousreply 44205/23/2013

They kind of crammed every soap cliché into the last part of the episode: pregnancy, car crash, marriage proposal, etc. But it's still a lot of fun, and I'm enjoying the ride.

by Anonymousreply 44305/23/2013

Agree with you re. the songs from the first half of the season being stronger, R442, although I feel the show itself has picked up in the second half of the season. I now find it a thoroughly enjoyable guilty pleasure.

However, I cannot STAND the Scarlett character and how 'brilliant' she's supposed to be (that standing ovation at the Opry last episode was ridiculous), or her fucking stupid little girl outfits and babyish voice. I would love that character gone. Even better if that then means Gunnar and Will can get together (I don't care if that would be an unbelievable character re-write for Gunnar - it would be hot).

by Anonymousreply 44405/23/2013

No big surprise if Connie is unhappy with the show -- because she looks brain-damaged in it. Who'da thunk it that Hayden P would blow her off the screen? That's how you do it, have fun and swing from the fences. Connie is dull, dull, dull in this and it's her own damn fault. Too fucking earnest by half.

by Anonymousreply 44505/23/2013

Chalk up another "I love Scarlett".

Connie Britton is completely overshadowed by Hayden's stellar performance........and story becomes reality.

by Anonymousreply 44605/23/2013

But is Juliette going to find the video chip in the disposal?

by Anonymousreply 44705/23/2013

The cop returned the chip to her in this ep, R447.

by Anonymousreply 44805/23/2013

Can't wait to HULU it tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 44905/24/2013

I agree R441, Connie Britton can't sing and it was dumb of her to sign on to do this show. I loved her on Friday Night Lights, that was probably her best work. She wasn't great on American Horror Story and she is worse on Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 45005/24/2013

I don't care what they do as long as they give us more Will shirtless scene, even if they have him in a heterosexual situation.

by Anonymousreply 45105/24/2013

Chris Carmack (Will) shirtless hotness.

by Anonymousreply 45205/24/2013

[quote] My problem with the show is that Rayna just isn't interesting or likeable. We are supposed to be rooting for her but there is just no there, there.

I totally agree. We're supposed to root for her and Deacon to be together but I think he deserves better! She's a bore.

by Anonymousreply 45305/24/2013

Just watched the finale. I thought that Hayden really stole the show. Very emotional performance, especially that last song.

They need to make Carmack a series regular next season. A lot could be done with that character.

The writers really need to rehab Rayna and Scarlett's characters to make them likable. Right now no one is "rooting" for them. They are both boring and whiney.

Eric Close's character should be sent to jail and written off the show, he serves no purpose.

by Anonymousreply 45405/24/2013

R454, you've got to keep in mind that "Nashville" is simply a night time soap with some excellent music performed by the cast.

Not every character needs to be likable all of the time, character's that do not seem to serve a purpose now, may become pivotable at a later date.

The finale set us up for all sorts of storylines next season. I'm looking forward to season two.

by Anonymousreply 45505/25/2013

R454:[quote]The writers really need to rehab Rayna and Scarlett's characters to make them likable. Right now no one is "rooting" for them. They are both boring and whiney (Oh, dear).

I am decidedly part of both Team Rayna and Team Scarlett (I even get a little frisson of warmth when I type the extra "t" in Scarlett's name). I root for both ladies. I find neither of them "boring" or "whiny."

by Anonymousreply 45605/25/2013

[quote]I even get a little frisson of warmth

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 45705/25/2013

The set up for the next season during Juliette singing "Nothing in this world will ever break my heart again" was one cliff hanger after another.

The knowing look and shake of the head that Will gave to that VGL man makes me want to know him better, the vehicle roll over, the surprise engagement ring, then there was the chit chat wiith the federal investigators and a surprise pregnancy. All that following a murder/suicide and a paternity reveal.

What more could happen DL?

How about Juliette's ex football player boyfriend calling to tell her he has HIV from on the downlow?

Terrorists from...Moldavia?

Rayna's dad's midget gay lover?

Scarlett's unfulfilled girl urges?

Nashville, my favorite guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 45805/25/2013

[quote]I even get a little frisson of warmth

Most of us call that a wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 45905/25/2013

Connie Britton has simply never connected with the role. Her conversational, naturalistic style of acting doesn't fit with this show. And she's got a pitifully narrow voice range so the songs are being done an injustice. I'd like her to be killed off and have a recast Tandy take over her record label.

by Anonymousreply 46005/25/2013

[quote]Rayna's dad's midget gay lover?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Powers Booth and Peter Dinklage in a hot, shirtless sex scene is exactly what this show needs.

by Anonymousreply 46105/25/2013

For all the Britton naysayers, this show is all about the things that happen OFF stage. Who cares if she has a sufficient voice, who cares if Marni Nixon does her vocals? She is quite the smouldering southern gal when it come to being an actor.

LEAVE CONNIE BRITTON ALONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 46205/26/2013

r460 Connie needs to at least try next season. She is making $100M per episode. Britton needs to at least act like she is on the same show as the rest of the cast.

Hayden makes $65M per episode, after seeing her in the finale and throughout the season, girl needs to get a raise. She is the only reason to watch the show and is the most compelling character.

by Anonymousreply 46305/26/2013

$Ms, methinks $Ks.

by Anonymousreply 46405/26/2013

r464 M=thousands, MM=millions

M is the Roman Numeral for 1000 MM is the Roman Numeral for 2000

Both are used in finance as abbreviations for thousands and millions

Even though MM=2000 it is still used as an abbreviation for millions

by Anonymousreply 46505/26/2013

Out of curiosity, R465, is that a UK thing maybe? I've never seen Roman numerals used in shorthand writing like that. The accepted convention has always been K for thousand and M for million.

by Anonymousreply 46605/26/2013

And what made you think this was a finance thread r463/5?

Thanks for your clarification.

MM=Marilyn Monroe

M=Meryl

by Anonymousreply 46705/26/2013

r466, he posted so he could hijack the thread and make it about him.

G=goop

by Anonymousreply 46805/26/2013

r466 r467

I work in finance in the United States and those are the abbreviations I use. Pretty much everyone I work with uses them. Just a habit.

by Anonymousreply 46905/26/2013

I never knew that. Interesting. Not "Gunnar-buried-balls-deep-in-Will's-ass" interesting, but interesting nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 47005/26/2013

More like Will buried deep in Gunnar's ass. The prettier one is always the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 47105/26/2013

Looks like R380 was right on. But maybe he threw in the Gunnar shit to tease us!

by Anonymousreply 47205/26/2013

r473, I hope and pray. So now I am convinced that Will is a top.

by Anonymousreply 47405/26/2013

I reallly don't mind Scarlett. Yes she is annoying at times, but I find myself rooting for her more than a character like Rayna.

by Anonymousreply 47505/27/2013

Connie looks older than she is. Sun damage? Smoker?

by Anonymousreply 47605/27/2013

The Connie/Hayden issue is really that there are two shows at war with each other: Connie's is the prestige faux-cable drama that the show started as, Hayden's is the melosoapdrama it turned into. Hayden's show is ascendant, as you could see from the fact that the Scandal-esque finale was written by Khouri herself, so it's no wonder Connie looks depressed. They even had Juliette beat Rayna for the CMA.

by Anonymousreply 47705/27/2013

Good analysis, R477.

by Anonymousreply 47805/27/2013

Someone needs to tell Connie Britton to stop nodding her head from side to side, it's an annoying acting tic.

by Anonymousreply 47905/28/2013

Isn't that a byproduct of having all that hair in her face, R479?

by Anonymousreply 48005/28/2013

[quote] Someone needs to tell Connie Britton to stop nodding her head from side to side, it's an annoying acting tic.

Nodding is done up and down. She slowly shakes her head from side to side. But I agree, annoying acting tic, and hard to believe there is/was Emmy talk for her catatonic performance.

by Anonymousreply 48105/28/2013

Is there anyone out there really on the edge of their seat waiting to see what happened to Rayna and Deacon after the car accident? How 80s night time soap that finale was.

by Anonymousreply 48205/28/2013

R477 You're very astute.

by Anonymousreply 48305/28/2013

[quote]Connie looks older than she is. Sun damage? Smoker?

Probably both, plus genetics.

Here she is in Photoshopped "perfection" ..

by Anonymousreply 48405/28/2013

Connie's a horrible crier. Her way of acting "distraught" in the finale was pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 48505/28/2013

I was watching some country video channel and up came a JULIETTE BARNES video.

They have Hayden recording videos as Juliette.

Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 48606/02/2013

I was pleasantly surprised with Hadyn's acting on this show.

by Anonymousreply 48706/02/2013

When will this be back?

by Anonymousreply 48806/06/2013

In the fall, R488.

I had a dream a few nights ago that Amanda Seyfried was playing both Juliette and Scarlett. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 48906/06/2013

Chris Carmack (Will) has been added to the cast as a series regular for season 2. yay!

by Anonymousreply 49007/08/2013

Excellent news r490.

I was going to give up on the show in the new season, but a Ty Herndon-type closeted character could keep me interested.

by Anonymousreply 49107/08/2013

I hope Hayden gets a supporting actress nom for this, she deserves it. She is the real star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 49207/08/2013

[quote]I hope Hayden gets a supporting actress nom for this, she deserves it. She is the real star of the show.

If she's the real star, why would she be in the supporting category?

by Anonymousreply 49307/08/2013

The Carmack character will have me checking out the series again; otherwise I would have skipped it.

by Anonymousreply 49407/08/2013

Connie Britton got a best actress (drama) Emmy nomination for her hair acting.

by Anonymousreply 49507/18/2013

Connie Britton's character is now in a coma from the car accident! I have absolutely no idea whether she will die or not! Oh how will this storyline play out??

by Anonymousreply 49609/19/2013

I can't wait to get my Hulu update!

by Anonymousreply 49709/19/2013

When does the season start?

by Anonymousreply 49809/19/2013

Next Wednesday, r498.

by Anonymousreply 49909/19/2013

I can't wait for the new season. I think it'll be better than the first. Especially with the closeted country music star storyline going on! We don't exactly have many gay (as in male) characters on tv right now. There's the gays on Days, and then there's the gays on Glee, but that's pretty much it. I'm glad Nashville added a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 50009/19/2013

Anything noteworthy (in this case meaning gay) on the Season 2 premiere?

by Anonymousreply 50109/26/2013

The gay guy painted the Texas Longhorns insignia on a wall, but he made it look a little like a diagram of a vagina and ovaries.

Thank God for the DVR so I can fast forward through the songs on this show.

by Anonymousreply 50209/26/2013

I almost gave up on Season 1 several times, but after last night's bore-fest, I'm out.

Connie Britton's dreary daughters and Scarlett are annoying and most of the men are just dull. Hayden P. is the best thing on the show and they seem to be downplaying her character.

The best thing that could happen to "Nashville" would be to let Hayden play Juliette as a modern update of a 1980s soap bitch and give her a cast with some spice.

by Anonymousreply 50309/26/2013

Rayna Jaymes was just about as interesting in a coma as she was all of Season 1.

Gay dude Will nearly kissed the guy that I assume is an ex-boyfriend. Who is that guy? He looks a little like the football player that wouldn't have full on penetration with Scarlett until they got married.

Anyway, Will and that dude ended up alone in the washroom for a couple minutes at a house party.

Will was all "What the hell are you doing here?!?!"

and the dude was all "I heard there was a party. How was I supposed to know you live here?"

Will grabbed the dude's shirt like he wanted to punch him but that quickly changed and was just an inch from turning into an anger-kiss until Will switched back to rage and socked him. Conveniently that was just as Will's new girlfriend walked in the room so Will carried on about how he had to beat him cause the dude was making a pass at him.

Later after the party Will and Gunnar had a conversation where Gunnar called Will a closet-case (which Will angrily denied) and said he doesn't have Will's ability to hide his feelings by hooking up with random chicks the same way that Will does. Gunnar was talking about his feeling for Scarlett though, not his latent feelings for Will (which may or may not exist).

by Anonymousreply 50409/26/2013

Just saw the last episode. Will's old flame (?) is hot! They should have kissed. I mean.. they nearly did, before Will hit him in the face. Sad to see Will is in such denial, even Gunnar thinks it's dumb. The end really said it all though.. he's not happy hooking up with random girls. He will never be happy playing this charade. The only thing that will help is to be honest with himself. I get that it's a conservative city, and a conservative music scene, but still.. I think he would have it better feel better with himself if he could admit his true feelings.

by Anonymousreply 50509/27/2013

No one should be allowed to be as HOT as Chris Carmack (Will). He makes the rest of us look bad.

by Anonymousreply 50609/27/2013

How about Steve Grand putting an appearance to set Will on the right course?

by Anonymousreply 50709/27/2013

[quote] Connie Britton's dreary daughters and Scarlett are annoying

I can not stand Scarlett. Her voice is soooooo irritating. And the daughters aren't even worth commenting about. Two cardboard cut outs of girls would be more interesting

by Anonymousreply 50809/27/2013

Scarlett looks like Lamb Chop!

by Anonymousreply 50909/27/2013

Does anyone know the scoop on Chris Carmack? BF?

I also don't buy the Gunnar character as straight for a second. Or Avery, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 51010/01/2013

Now that Will decided to go with the big time record company instead of Rayna's fledgling label, it's a sure thing that he'll be bearding with some hot young girl as part of his marketing campaign.

by Anonymousreply 51110/03/2013

I really liked the new episode. I can't believe Will chose him over Raina tough.. ugh, bad choice! I have a feeling his love interest has got something to do with the decision. Pretty sure his love interest is just playing him. He's not being honest. But I hope I'm wrong!

by Anonymousreply 51210/03/2013

How long until we see a liplock between Will and Oliver Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 51310/03/2013

R512 Will's love interest is Gunnar.

by Anonymousreply 51410/04/2013

This week we saw a brief glimpse of Chris Carmack's shirtless hotness. We want to see more next week.

by Anonymousreply 51510/04/2013

I think Will chose Edgehill because he was scared his secret might come out and Edgehill has the money and experience to spin it. Can't wait till he gets a real love interest.

Jonathan Jackson's always seemed gay to me. He's super Christian right-wing so of course if he is he'll never admit it.

by Anonymousreply 51610/04/2013

Conan is on the show!

by Anonymousreply 51710/07/2013

Will makes Mamma's mussy wetter than a cucumber in a women's prison.

by Anonymousreply 51810/07/2013

R516, Will already has a real love interest, it's Brent. They have a history together, and there's a reason he chose to work for Edgehill and approached Will about it too. I don't think the writers will bring in a new character.

by Anonymousreply 51910/12/2013

[quote] Connie Britton's character is now in a coma from the car accident!

Comatose is what Connie does best. Also waking up from a long coma and having no idea what's going on, nodding as she slowly comprehends.

by Anonymousreply 52010/12/2013

Will Rayna ever get her voice back?

by Anonymousreply 52110/14/2013

I hate Scarlett's voice, she sounds like a hillbilly with a mouthful of bubble gum. I know she is supposed to be unsophisticated but she moves around like a clod a lot of the time and talks like she's simple minded. So annoying.

by Anonymousreply 52210/14/2013

[quote]she sounds like a hillbilly with a mouthful of bubble gum.

Worst blow job I ever got was from a hillbilly with a mouthful of bubble gum.

by Anonymousreply 52310/16/2013

You may hate Scarlett's voice but for an Aussie or NZder she has that crappy southern twang down.

by Anonymousreply 52410/16/2013

Episode 2 solidified for me that the show is just downright dull. I tried to stay with it, but I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 52510/16/2013

I missed the show last night. Did Will take his shirt off?

by Anonymousreply 52610/17/2013

No Deacon love? He is dreamy.

Scarlett is missing a chrommosome.

by Anonymousreply 52710/17/2013

Can't stand the Scarlett character with her baby girl voice and ratty blonde extensions. She alone is reason enough to stop watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 52810/17/2013

[quote]I missed the show last night. Did Will take his shirt off?

No, but he and Gunnar had a little lovers' quarrel, so here's hoping for some makeup sex next week.

by Anonymousreply 52910/17/2013

Anyone else think they are setting Juliette up to be an alcoholic (like her mom)?

by Anonymousreply 53010/17/2013

They are setting Juliette up to be a BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 53110/18/2013

Juliette's mini-me is a mini-bitch.

by Anonymousreply 53310/23/2013

How long until Brent beds Will again, and who's going to see it happen?

by Anonymousreply 53410/24/2013

Luke Wheeler, the country singer onstage with Juliette and Rayna last night, was fictitious, and he was played by Will Chase.

Since they're shooting in Nashville, I assumed he was a real country singer named Luke Wheeler.

by Anonymousreply 53510/24/2013

I think Luke Wheeler is based on real-life country sensation Luke Bryan, who could nor or would not play himself on the show. (Brad Paisley did, but his wife is in the cast.) Rayna even made reference to Luke Bryan's real-life hit, "Crash My Party."

by Anonymousreply 53610/25/2013

Avery and Gunnar were so high pitched on that song they didn't need a woman's voice on it.

I don't like Reyna's makeup on this show, the actress looked so much better on Friday Night Lights.

by Anonymousreply 53710/25/2013

Will didn't take his shirt off ONCE in this episode! I am VERY disappointed!

by Anonymousreply 53810/25/2013

I liked the Gunnar-Avery (Gunnery?) song a lot.

by Anonymousreply 53910/25/2013

[quote]R7: Nashville, Tenn bans saying the world gay.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 54010/25/2013

I hope Avery ends up back on the road with Juliette, so Will and Avery can hook up. Avery seems closeted.

by Anonymousreply 54110/25/2013

R541, I'm guessing you mean you'd like Will and Gunnar to hook up. So would I.

by Anonymousreply 54210/25/2013

There was no Chris Carmack hotness this week.

by Anonymousreply 54310/31/2013

Oh my, the scorned wife kisses Juliette and Will beats up homophobes in the parking garage.

by Anonymousreply 54411/14/2013

No kidding R544! The scorned wife wanting to bed Juliette was a shocker!

by Anonymousreply 54511/14/2013

The storyline is going Brokeback with the Will character. If his character's storyline ends up being completely tragic, I will smash my TV with a baseball bat (I watch on my laptop, but you know what I mean).

by Anonymousreply 54611/15/2013

There was a lot of bangin' goin' on!

by Anonymousreply 54711/15/2013

Connie Britton looks like shit on this show. The too orange foundation with black eyeliner and her hair is weird on top. She looked so much better on Friday Night Lights. Reyna is boring to me, it's almost like they are purposely making Juliette look better and get the better parts.

I noticed Hayden Panettiere is doing Cotton commercials singing a country song, that's a smart tie in.

by Anonymousreply 54811/15/2013

This show has gotten really boring.

Reyna is just not an interesting character for a nighttime soap. She needs to be more conniving.

And I fast forward through anything that has to do with that blond with the baby doll hick voice.

by Anonymousreply 54911/15/2013

Rayna post-divorce has become a bit of a slut. And I wish Will would embrace his true sexuality. I feel like they're gonna drag that subplot out forever.

by Anonymousreply 55011/15/2013

[quote] Rayna post-divorce has become a bit of a slut.

She slept with two people, frau. Honestly, why are you even posting on a gay message board? Go back to TWOP forums (or were you banned?).

by Anonymousreply 55111/15/2013

The episode yesterday was so good! The gays finally got something to do. Juliette was actually compelling too! Imagine that!

There's actually more to this show than meets the eye. They cover some sexist issues and some sexuality issues. It's great that HuffPo found it interesting enough to cover (unlike The Backlot), and even gave them credit for handling important issues, even if everything wasn't equally perfect (the lesbian plot twist was dumb, and they called them out on it, and the gay storyline is clichéd, but still somewhat realistic).

Anyway.. onto the gay storyline. Brent called Will out on his hypocrisy in the elevator. LOVED that! Will is just a sad, pathetic closet case at this point. No wonder Brent prefers love and a real boyfriend, over that mess. I must say though, I did like how Will was totally jealous of Brent and the boyfriend. Also, the fact that he beat those homophobic pricks up means there's still hope. He can tell what's right from wrong, even if he is closeted. He's not homophobic, well.. at least not anymore. He actually stood up for Brent and the bf, because he felt what the homophobic bigots did wasn't right. And you gotta admire that!

I actually like how this storyline is moving ahead, though I do agree with the points made by HuffPo. It's sorta clichéd and done before. Yet it's still oddly compelling, I guess the setting and country music scene just makes it all the more worth watching. Last but not least, I agree with them that the last scene, of Will sleeping with Layla was realistic, but still clichéd and dumb, and I don't think the storyline needed that. They could have just left it after the scene in the elevator. We know Will is playing the ladies man, we have watched it time and time again, and we didn't need to see it this time either. Just my opinion! It was still a good episode though, despite some flaws. It's definitely worth the watch.

by Anonymousreply 55211/15/2013

Hayden steals the show. Connie is mostly just annoying, she can't sing, and watches could give two shits about her. She's EP though - so nobody can tell her.

by Anonymousreply 55311/15/2013

I agree, 545. It was a total shock to me too when she went to kiss Juliette. I was like, did that really happen? lol Totally unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 55411/15/2013

Too bad the gays didn't show up in the new episode :(

by Anonymousreply 55511/22/2013

Reyna isn't hot and neither is the guy she's screwing. You would think for a night time type soap they would get some better beefcake.

by Anonymousreply 55611/22/2013

At least we got to see some Chris Carmack shirtless hotness this week.

by Anonymousreply 55712/06/2013

Will better not die in the fall finale! We barely have any gay characters on tv as it is!

by Anonymousreply 55812/11/2013

Will was in bed with a guy but I wasn't watching closely, was it the guy who works for the record company?

by Anonymousreply 55912/11/2013

So does Will become a trainwreck? literally.

by Anonymousreply 56012/11/2013

Kelly Clarkson is going to be on there.

I take it Peggy survives.

by Anonymousreply 56112/11/2013

Tonight's episode was good! I love Juliette! And it's great to see Jonathan Jackson doing so well and getting more every week.

I did read they were killing off a main character. Just don't know which one?

by Anonymousreply 56212/11/2013

Will, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 56312/11/2013

What happened to Mrs. Teddy: is it the long arm of Lamar?

by Anonymousreply 56412/11/2013

I like Avery with Juliette instead of Scarlett the ninny. The problem though is that Juliette in a steady relationship would get boring so I guess they will keep them apart.

by Anonymousreply 56512/11/2013

[quote]People are talking Emmy for Britton.

She was great in Friday Night Lights but no Emmy for this show, her character is the most boring.

by Anonymousreply 56612/11/2013

Was the guy Rayna was sleeping with just doing it to get her on the record company's side?

by Anonymousreply 56712/11/2013

Juliette's still not dead yet? This is a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 56812/12/2013

Hate the way Will and Brent are never shown physically getting together. Sex is implied but no actual touching. So chickenshit.

by Anonymousreply 56912/12/2013

R559 Yes, he works for the label and he's Will's ex as well.

by Anonymousreply 57012/12/2013

Now Will is suicidal because he slept with Brent. The self-loathing aspect of this storyline is not realistic. It is so obviously written by a straight guy/woman.

by Anonymousreply 57112/12/2013

Will is more interesting than Peggy so if one of them has to die I hope it's her and that's what they're leading us to believe in the previews. But in these situations the previews are almost always misleading.

by Anonymousreply 57212/12/2013

Was Will thinking of Americus and Novalee when he was by the railroad tracks?

by Anonymousreply 57312/12/2013

Who, R573?

by Anonymousreply 57412/12/2013

are there any hot guys on this show

by Anonymousreply 57512/12/2013

Hayden just got a Golden Globe nom.

by Anonymousreply 57612/12/2013

Hayden is beautiful in person and chatty too!

by Anonymousreply 57712/12/2013

Hayden is the real star of this show. Connie's a good actress, but that role is boring and really doesn't demand a lot of her. Hayden gets all the fun stuff (and her singing's not bad either.)

by Anonymousreply 57812/12/2013

Agreed. Connie has the weakest voice on the show.

by Anonymousreply 57912/12/2013

r574 - I was referring to the cheezy movie 'Where The Heart Is' starring Natalie Portman. Her ex boyfriend who is a country singer gets drunk and wanders onto the train tracks and gets run over.

by Anonymousreply 58012/12/2013

Connie has a terrible voice. She's unbelievable as a country icon.

by Anonymousreply 58112/12/2013

Connie Britton's whole career is shrouded in mystery. How does she get her roles? She seems like a good person, and is an alright actress, but can't she get her famous friends to get her roles that don't make her look bad? (I'm talking about DL fav. Marcia Cross and Lauren Graham, well known, "straight" actresses)

by Anonymousreply 58212/12/2013

r569, they do it that way in order for us not to see what a butch bottom Will is in bed.

by Anonymousreply 58312/15/2013

They'd better not kill Will! Chris Carmack's blond hotness is the best thing about this show (other than Hayden Panetierre's essential bitchiness).

by Anonymousreply 58412/16/2013

Those tight leather pants were not flattering on Hayden

by Anonymousreply 58512/16/2013

R582 I've always liked Connie but she's well regarded in the industry by certain people. Although she doesn't ping she comes across as a bi-sexual or a lesbian judging from her current unmarried status and her "friendship" living with Lauren Graham.

by Anonymousreply 58612/16/2013

Connie also adopted a baby recently didn't she? I like her, but the soft focus they use whenever Rayna is onscreen is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 58712/16/2013

I'm grateful I'm unable to perceive things to such a painful degree, R587. It must really get in the way of your being able to enjoy things. I'm like that with sound. If the upper midrange is harsh and grainy, I don't want to hear it. Glad it doesn't affect me visually, as well.

I wish they'd let Will grow his hair in, R584. Chris has one of the most beautiful heads of hair on the planet. I doubt they're going to kill Will off, though. He has way too much story yet to play. I hope the DOA will be Peggy Kenter instead.

by Anonymousreply 58812/16/2013

R588 not really? Someone pointed it out once, I think here on DL, and I've noticed it ever since. But I'm mostly doing okay!

by Anonymousreply 58912/16/2013

Connie Britton either nods her head up and down or shakes it side to side whenever she says any dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 59012/16/2013

There is no soft focus lens for Connie Britton on Nashville. I have a 58" LED TV and Connie's wrinkles are quite obvious. She still looks great, though. Much better than all the Botox queens.

I don't know why people go so far as to make shit up about ageing actresses - it must be some form of projection.

by Anonymousreply 59112/16/2013

Wrinkles and all, I think Connie is gorgeous. She has a really nice body, too, just how I like them. From everything I've ever heard, she's a truly lovely, kind person. I'm sure that does help her get roles, although I think she and Kyle Chandler did some fine work on FNL together.

by Anonymousreply 59212/16/2013

I'd never heard, or even heard of, anyone disliking Connie Britton until I read this thread.

by Anonymousreply 59312/16/2013

I watched for Connie B., then stuck through the first season mostly because Hayden P. was so good.

The more conventionally soapy this show gets, the better it gets. And Connie doesn't fit.

My dream is that they add a REAL grande dame of country for a third generation of bitchiness. If Hayden is Taylor Swift/Carrie Underwood, and Connie is Martina McBride/Faith Hill, we could use a 70ish Loretta Lynn or Dolly Parton type. Especially if the old broad was as mean as a snake and twice as crafty.

by Anonymousreply 59412/17/2013

Too bad Jessica Lange is planning to retire from TV after next year. She would be perfect on Nashville as a grand dame type country singer.

by Anonymousreply 59512/20/2013

[quote] Connie Britton's whole career is shrouded in mystery. How does she get her roles? She seems like a good person, and is an alright actress, but can't she get her famous friends to get her roles that don't make her look bad? (I'm talking about DL fav. Marcia Cross and Lauren Graham, well known, "straight" actresses)

Connie Britton started off doing off Broadway theater work in New York and somehow she met up with Edward Burns before he made The Brothers McMullen and he cast her in it. She got Spin City a year later. There was gossip that she fell in love with Michael J. Fox and tried to get him to have an affair with her. Heather Locklear was brought onto that show and Connie and a few other castmates supposedly had issues with her and they left the show the next season. Connie had two failed sitcoms after that and she did some indie movies and the Friday Night Lights movie before Peter Berg called her up for the FNL show.

by Anonymousreply 59612/20/2013

Hayden is good campy, hell-on-wheels fun on the show. Although I bet she's the same in real-life.

by Anonymousreply 59712/27/2013

Nashville is pure soap opera, but a good one.

by Anonymousreply 59801/16/2014

r595, as if Lange would be caught dead on this low-rated show. It's on the bubble for cancellation, and the last episode hit an all-time ratings low. So while you're musing about your fantasy cast for the 4th season, there's a good chance there won't even be a 3rd season.

by Anonymousreply 59901/16/2014

I'm loving Liam. If I were Rayna, I'd be all over that. I know they fucked a couple of times, but she moved on to the redneck singer for reasons I don't understand.

So fucking tired of mealy-mouthed, namby-pamby Scarlett. Bitch, grow the fuck up and put some big girl panties on.

by Anonymousreply 60001/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.