Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gluten-Free Nazis

Are they the new vegans?

I'm sick of both pretentious groups.

by Anonymousreply 5510/16/2012

Do they send the scum who consume food containing gluten to the death camps for gluten consumers? I had my head shaved and was starved by anti gluten free vegan Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2012

Gluten-free Nazis make sense. Would you rather people with Celiac stopped eating Nazis altogether?

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2012

Vegans are insufferable.

Gluten-free people are even more insufferable (if that's possible).

I'm so sick of hearing about what people can't eat. Guess what? You're still fucking FAT because you eat too fucking MUCH.

by Anonymousreply 310/10/2012

I have two friends who went gluten-free; one lost 40 pounds and looks fucking fantastic. She's not insufferable about it in the least.

No, the ones who are *truly* insufferable are the raw-foods Nazis, e.g. Gwyneth.

by Anonymousreply 410/10/2012

It's like carb-free.

They lose a ton of weight, bitch at everyone for eating carbs then bloat right back up again.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

I slap their faces viciously

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

OP, get a life, and lose some fucking weight.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

R7 = Vegan/gluten free idiot.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

I have a friend whose MS is markedly more manageable since she went gluten free. Her myriad of food allergies are annoying though.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

Vegans have always been around, gluten-free freaks are new

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

People who don't eat gluten are as much of a threat to you as gay marriage is to straight marriage. Please find something worth ranting about.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

I've been gluten free for a couple years now. OP, kindly go fuck yourself. I don't think wheat is evil, I just have a reaction to it. I don't give a damn what you or anyone else eats, but I sure do have to hear someone's mouth every time the subject of food comes up. "Oh that's right, you can't have that can you?" "Well I guess you'll have to tell us what restaurant we can all go to." It's a sometimes annoying, but very small part of my life. It's not part of your life at all. So unclench and get over it.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

Go fuck yourself, OP. My gf has gluten allergy, and it seriously messed up her immune system before she got diagnosed. And no, she's never been obese in her life. Athletic, and has run a few marathons. She's not gluten free by choice, but necessity. You think it's easy being vigilant when majority of foods available at stores an restaurants have gluten in it? I try to stay away from bread to give her company, but trust me, it's so damn hard some days to stay away from fresh bread or the occasional slice of pizza or pasta. Especially when we need to carbo load for long runs.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

R10 = very unfunny troll.

Veganism is a highly questionable life style.

Gluten-free eaters suffer from a condition called Celiac.

It might help if people did their research into the hazards of modern techniques of milling and food production.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

My skin was clearer when I was on a gluten-free diet. But it's too hard to stick too.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

You don't know what you're talking about, OP. My gf has to adhere to a strict gluten free diet. On slip and she's sick again. Everything is a threat. Her dental hygienist used a paste containing minute amounts of gluten when she had her teeth cleaned, and it nearly put her in the hospital. You need to get over your bigotry and understand that gluten-free is a medical condition.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Why is it not surprising that, so far, all of the gluten-free tales are of lesbians? Is this a Michfest thread?

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

Sure sounds like it to me, r17.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2012

Elisabeth Hasslebeck

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2012

One morning, I was driving little Timmy to school (the bus the school provides is filthy!) and a car passed us in the other lane and I noticed that the driver was eating a Snickers bar.

I screamed out the window, "MURDERER! Don't you know my little Timmy has a peanut allergy?"

Fortunately, little Timmy survived.

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2012

Of course there are those of you who have gluten problems, it is a fraction of the population.

The OP is referring to those who have embraced gluten free as a trend.

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2012

Yay, another professional victim thread.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2012

The only people I know who are gluten free are that way for health reasons not any social statement. I have an aunt and two cousins and a co-worker who have celiac disease and cannot have gluten.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2012

That's, actually, pretty funny, R20.

I think there are people who are allergic to gluten, but then there are those who self-diagnose, like a friend of mine who decided that she has an allergy to gluten, because certain foods make her bloated. So, for three years her friends had to suffer through her gluten attack stories, and plan out dinners out around her "problem." Well, a couple of months ago, she had a blood test done, and it turns out she is not allergic to gluten. It may be she has some other stomach problems, but that's a whole other issue. She's straight, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2012

OP, are these people coming to your door and demanding you cook for them? I doubt it. You need to get a life.

R14, you're wrong, on facts, and your judgment is lacking. The list of intelligent healthy vegans is a long one, including athletes who compete quite well on a vegan diet, but also people like Bill Clinton and many other prominent and successful people.

But don't let that get in the way of your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2012

Some people really need bipolar meds but insist it's a nutritional problem. I have a friend who has been told since she was a child she needed meds but she wouldn't do it. She's 44 now and just starting to take a little something because her latest boyfriend insists on it.

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2012

If you cannot eat what is on a restaurant's menu, then don't go out to eat. No one wants to listen to you wail "oh, there's nothing here I can eat" and then have to cringe while you make a big deal about ordering your "very special" custom meal. (The key there is the big deal that these gluten people make of everything.)

If I invite you over to dinner and your menu restrictions are that tight, don't accept my invitation. No one wants to listen to your repeated "Oh, I can't eat that" cries throughout the evening. If a friend can't eat fish, I don't make fish for them. But if you ask every ingredient of every dish I make, and moan about it, that's over the line.

by Anonymousreply 2710/13/2012

Exactly, r27.

Everyone is sick of hearing about your alleged food problems. Why do you have to broadcast it to everyone constantly and bitch at the rest of us for eating bread?

Yeah, I have a food allergy. My family knows about and I avoid the food I'm allergic to. Big deal.

Why some people have to make it the point of their entire being is obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012

Because they're drama queens. They love the attention. It's about everyone talking about "me, me, me."

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2012

I recently found out from an allergist that I'm allergic to dairy and soy. Now that I've been dairy and soy free for a week my chronic headaches are gone and I've lost a few pounds. My respiratory problems have cleared up, too.

Now that I know I have this problem, I have to stick to a new diet. However, I hate when people are obnoxious about their food sensitivities and allergies, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. It's just something I need to deal with on my own.

by Anonymousreply 3010/13/2012

Fine with me R26. I don't plan activities around eating. I'll meet someone for coffee or go to the movies or a show. If I get invited out for dinner I decline. I talk about my diet when it comes up, usually by someone who insists I have some cake or some of that brownie, or that not going out to dinner makes me "anti-social". It's just food for christ sakes. Why does someone being on a restricted diet have to be such a big deal?

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2012

Bill Clinton is a vegan in name only, he eats other things including appetizers with anchovies.

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2012

What is gluten?

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2012

Guess they don't like how much the challah cost.

bu-dum-dum!

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2012

I can understand/respect people choices of how they want/need to eat,But boy,Try pulling off a dinner party where you can please everyone.

Last Thanksgiving,There were 2 vegans,one vegetarian,a gluten,a low-fat,a anti carb and four normal people.Those of us who ate normal were lectured how we can eat such "poison ' "garbage"..Come on,this was THANSGIVING. !!!..WHAT IN THE HELL DID THEY EXPECT ?

This year ...I'm eating out !

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2012

OP is just another rightwing freeper looking to cause trouble. Ignore him. There's nothing wrong with caring about animals, and going vegan, or caring about the fact that you're allergic to gluten, and can't eat it.

Go away, OP. Just go away.

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2012

Thanks, R36. You understand it all completely.

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2012

Care to name these athletes R25? Also care to include their supplement list and expenses.

Veganism is nothing more than a stylized eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2012

People who self-diagnose themselves as "gluten sensitive" are faddish attention seekers. It's not the same as actually being diagnosed with Celiac Disease.

R38, a quick Google will show you plenty of successful vegan athletes.

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2012

[quote]I sure do have to hear someone's mouth every time the subject of food comes up. "Oh that's right, you can't have that can you?" "Well I guess you'll have to tell us what restaurant we can all go to."

[quote]I talk about my diet when it comes up, usually by someone who insists I have some cake or some of that brownie, or that not going out to dinner makes me "anti-social".

Sounds like you folks know my "friend" Lisa. Tiresome, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2012

I've found it's hard to buy bags of Halloween chocolates that don't have peanuts or tree nuts in them. Reese's, Almond Joy, Baby Ruth, Snickers, peanut M&Ms, Hershey's miniatures. It's hard to buy a bag of chocolates that don't have a mixture of candies. I wanted to buy boxes of only full sized Hershey bars but couldn't find any.

I guess trick or treating is another thing that kids with. It allergies are not allowed to do.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2012

Regarding candies and ingredients, I used to love Twizzlers. Imagine how surprised I was as a celiac sufferer to find out they're not gluten free, they actually have wheat product in them (probably as a binding agent).

by Anonymousreply 4210/14/2012

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4310/14/2012

R38, the first question you can answer yourself with google. I'll start you off with a couple of links.

Second, what does supplements have to do with it? Meat eaters take supplements too, and yes, there are vegan versions of those supplements.

by Anonymousreply 4410/16/2012

R38, another link...

From this point forward, you can do your own homework.

by Anonymousreply 4510/16/2012

Oh hell, R38, I'll give you one more, this one on vegetarian athletes, that explains why Olympian Carl Lewis seemed to improve his performance even further after going Vegan...

by Anonymousreply 4610/16/2012

I work in a bakery in a store I shall not mention.

Every day, every single day I have people come up to my counter and ask for fresh gluten free bread or desserts. And every day I have to explain to them that this is a gluten rich section of the store and that the gluten free bread is in the frozen section where it is segregated from this area so it can remain uncontaminated.

The dirty looks I get are hilarious. FROZEN?

Then I suggest they head over to the produce section or dairy where they can find fruit or pudding or tapioca etc. Again, the horrified reactions.

It's almost as if they feel we the bakery are obligated to provide them with gluten free options.

No. We are loaded with wheat flour here. The air is thick with it.

Oh by the way. Gluten is formed when two proteins in flour are activated during the wetting and kneading, mixing, part of the process. Kneading the bread is done specifically to activate the gluten. That's why cakes have less gluten in them than bread. Dry flour actually has no gluten in it. Just the potential for gluten.

by Anonymousreply 4710/16/2012

Potential for Gluten would be a great name for an emo band.

by Anonymousreply 4810/16/2012

Little Buffy can't even have potential gluten as she is potentially allergic.

by Anonymousreply 4910/16/2012

I'm a glutton for Gluten!!!

by Anonymousreply 5010/16/2012

R30, was the allergist who diagnoses you as allergic to soy and dairy an MD?

Celiac disease is a very real autoimmune abnormality. It is pretty rare, but real. However many people are on gluten free diets becasue they think they are more healthy. They aren't necessarily at all.

And if you lose weight on a gluten free diet, that is because you are eating less calories by cutting out breads of all kinds, most cereals and pastas as well. The weight loss is not a function of not eating the protein, gluten.

by Anonymousreply 5110/16/2012

When I eat gluten I fart a lot and feel ill. So I avoid it. Sometimes a piece of cake looks so good that I have a little and think it's okay - totally not okay as my stomach starts to go nuts within a few hours. I'm being battered by this from all sides when people say I'm a Nazi if I don't subject myself to a lifetime of farting and stomach discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 5210/16/2012

R52, you're only a Nazi if you inflict your food preferences on those around you.

R31, when people insist you have some cake or some of that brownie, just smile nicely, say "no thanks," and change the subject. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 5310/16/2012

R52 aka Jack Sprat -

Vegetables give me toots and stomach discomfort. Cake or bread, that I could eat all day.

by Anonymousreply 5410/16/2012

[quote]It's almost as if they feel we the bakery are obligated to provide them with gluten free options.

But you *are*, Baker wo/man! You are!

The whole damned store should be gluten/nut/fat/carb free just for me!

by Anonymousreply 5510/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.