Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kids' TV Host May Have Molested 20 Girls, Police Say

LONDON -- Police say the former host of a children's television show may have sexually assaulted more than 20 girls over four decades.

Jimmy Savile, one of Britain's best known TV personalities, died last year at the age of 84.

Savile, hosted "Top of the Pops" and children's program "Jim'll Fix It" and was well known as a charity fundraiser

Since his death, police say they have received eight criminal allegations against Savile, including two of rape and six of indecent assault, primarily against girls aged 13 to 16.

Investigators believe they will "come up with between 20 to 25 victims."

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2012

I hate to say "Well, look at him." But well, look at him.

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2012

This is why they hate us... oh wait. It doesn't work that way round.

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2012

we dont need het drama.

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2012

So is it safe to assume that anyone who actually WANTS to work around kids is a molester?

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2012

Brit here. It's not entirely het drama - some boys have 'come forward' too.

This story is really off the charts: prime-time TV 'character' who worked mainly with young people, raised millions for charity, and whose 'friends' in very high places won him a knighthood, plus a Papal knighthood!

He's now being revealed as a sociopathic predatory abuser on an unimagined scale. (Police are looking into over a hundred cases.) Newspapers who tried to expose him were warned off because of his lucrative charity work.

Savile hid in lurid plain sight for decades, played a phenomenally dangerous game, and got away with it. The fallout from this will be widespread. I can't think of any comparable case.

by Anonymousreply 510/10/2012

He looks like Marty Feldman

by Anonymousreply 610/10/2012

In an NPR discussion about this, they said that his tombstone is being taken away. Apparently they are also looking into taking away his knighthood even though he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 710/10/2012

For R6:

by Anonymousreply 810/10/2012

by Anonymousreply 910/10/2012

Dataloungers won't care, since the victims were girls.

by Anonymousreply 1110/10/2012

Go away Brit troll.

by Anonymousreply 1210/10/2012

This isn't some secret. There have been rumors about him for years - for decades. He was a creepy old fuck

by Anonymousreply 1310/10/2012

More info here:

by Anonymousreply 1410/10/2012

I'd always heard he was a closet queen, obsessed with his mother, who used to pick up men in public lavs and that he was never outed due to his charity work.

The truth is quite different.

It's a shame because he was an icon of several eras.

What are they going to do with the v.popular youtube Top Of The Pops clips like this one?

by Anonymousreply 1510/10/2012

[quote]Go away Brit troll.

You need to take more interest in the rest of the world, dear.

This is the world wide web and America's not the only country in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1610/10/2012

Fucking sick. What is wrong with people?

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2012

You mean they NOW JUST FILED grievances?

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2012

Please look at the photo on his Wikipedia page!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

R18, pretend Mr Rogers molested you. Are you going to be the guy who outs America's most Beloved Kid's Television Host as a pervert? Molesters are fucking amaaaazing at picking the kid who won't question what they're doing or tell anyone what happened.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

Hey, did you see I've got a new book out? I'm available for interviews!

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2012

What R20 said. It's uncanny how molesters (and beaters) can hone in on their victims. I've related it here before but a friend of mine could attract a wifebeater from across the bar.

by Anonymousreply 2210/10/2012

He looked like a kiddie fucker.

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2012

Townshend was asked about Savile in an interview, and said he couldn't talk about it, because he 'knew too much.'

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!