Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fabulous by 50

I'm 46 and while I'm healthy, active, attractive, and in decent shape, I've decided that I want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I'm 50. Not just physically, but emotionally, career-wise, socially, etc.

I ride my bike and go to the gym almost every day but don't really work very hard at it. So obviously I need to have harder, more focused workouts to get a great sexy bod. Yoga might help. Get a trainer maybe. My diet is healthy for the most part but that needs to improve too. I need to drink less as well.

My job is OK and I'm not unhappy, but I'm not happy either. I want a job that I don't dread going to every day.

I want to cultivate a more meaningful and fulfilling internal and social life. I have a wonderful, long-term partner but we spend too much time watching TV. I want to stop that and pursue more creative activities. Meditation, reading, art, whatever.

I've always loved handsome, fit, sexy, happy older men. I've decided that I want to BE the kind of man I've always admired.

So apart from the obvious things I've already mentioned, what else should I consider to reach my goal of sexy Daddyness?

by Anonymousreply 4510/10/2012

Move to Fuckushima, you'll be dead by the time you reach 50 so you wont have to worry about being fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2012

Get a blog.

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2012

You want to be fabulous four years from now? That's lame. Shut up and do it, and stop asking us to validate you.

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2012

"I want to cultivate a more meaningful and fulfilling internal and social life."

And you want to improve on this by whipping yourself into fantastic shape and getting guys young enough to be your son to fuck you?

Sounds like a really well thought out plan for your life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2012

A 46 year old man has absolutely no excuse for talking like a gushy twink.

"I want to be FABULOUS!!!"

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2012

Well, I wasn't much @ 50, but I am seriously more fabulous at 60! I work out every fucking day, I take vitamins, I've stopped drinking alcohol except for beer and wine, and I've cut back on dairy, red meat, and processed foods.

I am also working on improving my social life, not limiting it to hook ups, but to more rewarding, constructive activities. To that end, I just registered for a winter cake decorating & pastry class. I think it'll be fun. I'm in a book club, and also taking classes to learn French. I am gaining ground on Wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2012

OP posting from beyond the grave....

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2012

OP just wants to get laid, pure and simple.

THAT'S all....

by Anonymousreply 810/09/2012

Help. My face is melting into my neck. Will anyone ever want me again?

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2012

Too bad you didn't want all that when you were 20.

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2012

You sound exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2012

[quote] I need to drink less as well.

Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 1210/09/2012

Maybe Dear Abby can help.

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2012

call me!

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2012

Meditation? You mean staring blankly into space? Wait long enough, OP, and it will happen involuntarily.

What books are you reading, R6? Learning French is a lot better than 'meditating', so you definitely do have a leg up on OP...

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012

50 and it seems like you still have the same dreams that a teen would have. I don't get it.

So spend your hard earned money on a trainer...it won't make any difference, you will still be 50.

by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2012

I knew "this thread will not end well." Gotta love the gay "community", huh OP?

by Anonymousreply 1710/10/2012

I see a red hat in your future, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1810/10/2012

First off, don't ask for help with this nest of vipers. Second, if your gym has classes; core conditioning, kickboxing, etc, take them. Never mind that you are probably the only man in the class, they are much cheaper than hiring a trainer and much better for your BMI, heart rate and back. In my 30's I always took those classes and was in great shape, now at 52 things were getting pudgy around the edges and my doctor told me my cholesterol numbers were getting too high so I decided to start the classes again. I started trimming up and lost about 12 pounds in a few month's time and at my last check up my numbers were all great. I can't help with all the other issues, but try this and see if it work s.

by Anonymousreply 1910/10/2012

You are over 30 OP. Nobody in Gay world cares.

However, you will find many new lonely Hausfraus in your life.

by Anonymousreply 2010/10/2012

DL=nest of vipers is right on the mark.

This bunch is the most nastiest, vile, and negative bunch around OP. Why ask them who they think (wish) are gay, bi, closeted in Hollywood or for website where men show they collapsed assholes. that's what they know

You want to be fabulous by 50? Don't ask unhappy people to give you advice about something positive like self improvement! Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2012

OP, I am very happy for you and I like your style!

If you have such positive attitudes about 50 imagine how happy you'll be at 60, 70, and onward.

Let me say this: the biggest bummer on earth are grumpy and negative people. Compound those horror-qualities with old people and viola!--you've got hell on earth.

Really--why are older people so grumpy and mean--don't they know it just makes them uglier and older? Maybe they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 2210/10/2012

[quote] most nastiest,

Oh, dear.

[quote] Why ask them who they think (wish) are gay,

Oh, dear (2)

Actually, so much is wrong with R21's post it's not really worth commenting on...right down to his final 'sheesh'.

But, if this: 'DL=nest of vipers is right on the mark' is how you feel, dearie, why do you hang around here. In fact, why don't you fuck the hell off.

Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2012

What's with gay men's obsession with being "fabulous"?

Is that yet another one of their teen girl afflictions?

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2012

You need a quest, OP.

Some suggestions:

Gaysian with southern drawl and a wonky eye

Blind Black Brit with gap in teeth

Comfy, yet stylish shoes

Swedish American cleaning lady shaped like a toad - FUPA with skinny arms/legs (bonus if she's uppity)

by Anonymousreply 2510/10/2012

If you want to be Fabulous at 50:

1. Become rich

2. Get a 10 inch dick implant

3. Butch up princess!

You'll be fabulous in Gay world.

by Anonymousreply 2610/10/2012

I don't know but I just got this impression of a guy who will be 50, expecting to have 20 year olds panting after him...50? I think it's time to grow as human being, not worry about your fading looks.

by Anonymousreply 2710/10/2012

I'm embarrassed for you.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2012

You sound vapid. Best bet is to get a sex change and hope to get on a Real Housewives show.

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2012

I have to say I'm shocked by the nastiness of the responses. Turning 50 can be traumatic for a lot of people gay and straight. I think he was looking for a little support and inspiration but go ahead and turn on your own since you don't get enough criticism from the straight world.

[quote]Really--why are older people so grumpy and mean--don't they know it just makes them uglier and older? Maybe they don't care.

I think that people who did not live life as fully as they could have in their prime are left bitter toward the end.

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2012

If you're not already faboo by forty-six there's really not much hope for you. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3110/10/2012

When did OP EVER say he wanted young people lusting over him? I missed that... I'm a year older than OP and god knows I don't want young people anywhere near me other than in friendship. Can not even imagine being with someone younger than late 30's. The old meme of the aging queer pervert on the prowl for chicken is not accurate in my experience. But the straight world would certainly love the discourse here on DL. It bolsters their opinion entirely.

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2012

If only OP could work having a blog into his life goals.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2012

The only ones who would possibly diss someone who wanted to better himself would be self-loathing guys. OP, this is DL. I suspect the responses on this thread are typical. Most people do not see themselves as "fabulous" and do not wish that for anyone else. You cannot give to someone else what you do not possess.

by Anonymousreply 3410/10/2012

OP it sounds like you're on the right track. Wanting to grow and continue developing intimacy in your relationship sounds great. Sharing varied experiences and not mainly tv watching is definitely the way to go.

I got a trainer as I was about to turn 40 b/c I wanted to enter my 40's in the best shape possible. That led to changing some of my thinking around what's important. Things like laughing, enjoying my friends, not stressing it has led to more peace, happiness and connection with others, so I know where you're coming from in terms of thinking ahead to becoming the best you as you get older. Good Luck.

by Anonymousreply 3510/10/2012

LOL r18!

by Anonymousreply 3610/10/2012

Grow a mountain man beard and wear unflattering glasses. Try to aim for that overfed woodchuck look in terms of your body.

by Anonymousreply 3710/10/2012

OP, they're a bunch of miserable, needle dick, jealous loser cube jockeys. Ignore them.

Do you live in a major city? Most museums have memberships, and there are some nice social functions to attend and it's a great way to meet new people. The best way to get a better job is through networking. Also, if you are at all inclined to be politically active, join the local party. I have made some wonderful friends this way, and again it's a great way to network.

Also traveling is a great way to expand your horizons and inspire one to do different things. Even a weekend road trip with your partner can be fun.

As for the TV, and the computer for that matter, I think it's important to say out loud that you will not surf or watch on any particular day or evening. I started doing this and I was a bit surprised to not get any flack whatsoever from my partner. Just have a plan because I know I will get the inevitable " okay, what do you want to do?". FYI this is a great way to get a room painted. Just have all the supplies hidden away.

So good for you. So many are content to be sad whiny queens. Not you.

by Anonymousreply 3810/10/2012

R21, why are you here if you hate the company so much...go away if you are so superior to the rest of us. Simple, right?

by Anonymousreply 3910/10/2012

I don't think the OP would have received the flak he did had he not used the term "fabulous," which is an overused gay term that sets a lot of gay men's teeth on edge. "Fantastic at 50" would have received nicer responses.

Still, those of you who are calling other DLers the anti-Christ (here for mocking the OP) seriously seem to have a few screws loose.

by Anonymousreply 4010/10/2012

Recommending a nearly 50 year old Gay man starts visiting museums....if that is not a Freudian slip or what! Also stay away from new technology like the Web..... Gramps!

by Anonymousreply 4110/10/2012

Pic of the now "fabulous" OP hitting on a young stud.

by Anonymousreply 4210/10/2012

OP, my dad is 51 and by most evaluations fabulous. Nary a wrinkle or sag in his skin (except for light frown lines from years of being a business maverick), deep tan, short hair with a few grey specks, and a slim build on a 6'2 frame. So I know that with some work at the gym you can certainly look fab at 50...I know I'm counting on it.

by Anonymousreply 4310/10/2012

[quote]Still, those of you who are calling other DLers the anti-Christ (here for mocking the OP) seriously seem to have a few screws loose.

Whose screws are loose? You may not be the anti-Christ but you certainly are the anti-kind. Ganging up on an older guy makes you a bunch of bullies.

by Anonymousreply 4410/10/2012

R41, what is your correlation between museums and age about? People under 50 don't go to museums?

You must be a cretin to think that. Do yourself and the world a favor and get an education. You're in desperate need of one.

by Anonymousreply 4510/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.