Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hell for gays is not homophobic?

I have relatives who love me and have made sacrifices for me, but who nevertheless believe I am going to hell when I die because I am gay. They claim they are not homophobic. Hate the sin, not the sinner and all that.

Does anybody else experience this family dynamic and, if so, in what region do you live?

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012

There is no hell, no heaven ,no god....Cut the bitches op.

by Anonymousreply 110/09/2012

What they feel for you goes well beyond hate, OP. Beyond that, there's no other commentary worth offering to you. The level of brainwashing neccessary to convince people that being forever tortured in Hell is *love* is so intense and all-encompassing that you cannot be deprogrammed in this lifetime. There simply isnt enough time left.

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2012

Yes, given the number of sins and commands in the Bible that people totally ignore, singling out gays for hell is homophobic.

Even if you think it's all a big fairy tale, the thought behind it is still bigoted.

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2012

You gays are hysterical! Hell must be a riot!

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2012

Is it heterophobic of me to wish they would die in a grease fire?

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2012

Well, actually, Biblically speaking anyone who does not believe in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and God will go to hell for not believing. By not believing in Jesus Christ, the Bible says a person remains in their sin instead of being forgiven of it, and therefore, unforgiven, the person will spend eternity in hell. So, technically it is not being gay that sends you to hell, according to the Bible. It is the rejection of Jesus Christ that sends people to hell, which means all their sins are still held against them on the Day of Judgment, whereas believers in Christ are totally forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2012

No, it's not. Hell is for the adulterers, whores and idolators, too, and of course Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2012

At least here are no sanctimonious God-fearing Christians like your relatives in hell, OP.

by Anonymousreply 810/09/2012

Hell is for children.

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2012

You should ask for books on theology, OP.

Every queer who grew up in a Christian household has had to study theology to make some sense of the dogma.

I bet these relatives are younger - under 70. Even the coldest Midwestern Lutheran in my family has seen enough fucked up children, friends, and neighbors to know heaven is a barren place when the bible's taken literally.

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2012

It's not homophobic. Hell is fun.

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2012

Btw, they believe non-believers go to hell, too. Not just gays.

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2012

Thanks r6. What a crock of shit. How anyone old enough to know that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are fake can believe that crap is true is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2012

A sling for every (lazy) bottom!

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.