Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andrew Sullivan is the Ultimate Concern Troll

His shrill hysteria since Obama's supposed debate "loss" is bordering on psychotic.

Somebody please shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2012

Perhaps Obama is tired.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

What's wrong with being a 'Concern Troll'?

Perhaps if Obama and his debate team had been more concerned, they wouldn't have messed up the first debate.

by Anonymousreply 210/09/2012

Well, what did he say?!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 310/09/2012

I agree with OP. Sullivan should know better than to freak out, damn there are some more debates and anything can happen. Obama has a history of coming back when he's been counted out by nearly everyone - it happened in 2008 and it'll happen again.

by Anonymousreply 410/09/2012

Since Andrew Sullivan is a gay conservative, who happened to have preferred Barack Obama in 2008, isn't his opinion one of the least-desired by anybody who is gay and liberal?

by Anonymousreply 510/09/2012

What, R5?

by Anonymousreply 610/09/2012

Let's hope opinions like Sullivan's wake up Obama and his staff so they're better prepared for the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 710/09/2012

[quote]Obama has a history of coming back when he's been counted out by nearly everyone - it happened in 2008 and it'll happen again.

When was Obama "counted out" I 2008.

by Anonymousreply 810/09/2012

AIDS dementia

by Anonymousreply 910/09/2012

I remember when his non-confrontational wimpiness was originally a problem in 2008 and he started dropping in the polls. People were afraid he was going to allow himself to be swift-boated, until he was pressured into finally fighting back.

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2012

R8 -

1. When he first started running against Hillary

2. When the Reverend Wright tape came out

3. When McCain got a temporary bump from Palin

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2012

Andrew Sullivan can be hysterical but Obama blew it. It was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 1210/09/2012

R11, you must not know much about politics if you think a primary challenge, a manufactured scandal tailored to the 24 hour news cycle, and an opponent's convention bump render a candidate "counted out".

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2012

Doesn't poz Milky Loads have some grizzled old man to suck at the Dick Dock? Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2012

R11 is right.

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012

Sully is now totally off the spool. He reprinted some freeper email, and said while he wasn't as harsh that he thought Obama's convention speech was "piss poor" (it was fine, it just wasn't Bill Clinton's or Michelle's) and that Obama needs to "get off his fucking pedestal".

He seems to be forgetting that Obama DID prep extensively. He was then sideswiped by his advisors at the last minute who told him NOT to take it to Mitt and stay above the fray. A mistake.

by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2012

Obama was NEVER counted out, not ever. Even with his oh so lousy debate performances in 2007. It took Hillary's gaff about Spitzer and drivers licences for illegals to take her down a peg. She did it to herself. Then Chris Matthews started coaching Obama from the screen of Hardball amount how to get aggressive with Hillary. People like him (or his persona) and wanted to help him.

Don't buy all of this Obama is 'competitive' and wants to take down Romney. Obama needs to be pushed. In fact, if there was no outcry on how lousy his debate performance was last week, I bet he wouldn't even KNOW he was lousy.

by Anonymousreply 1710/09/2012

Andrew Sullivan, for all his extensive fancy education, still does not understand American politics and never has.

And he also has a long history of saying one thing and then taking it back later.

by Anonymousreply 1810/09/2012

Reverend Wright was supposed to bring Obama down and that was what the talk was back then, but he came out of it, he WAS counted out because of Reverend Wright and it was supposed to have been over for him, but it wasn't. He always comes back.

by Anonymousreply 1910/09/2012

Obama was never down after Reverend Wright, so how could he come back? "Reverend Wright was the end of Obama" was the word from some TV pundits, Wright never seriously affected Obama's campaign in 2008. Plus, it happened 6 months BEFORE the general election. Not 30 days before.

by Anonymousreply 2010/09/2012

Sullivan is a massive drama queen. Ten minutes ago Obama was the second coming of Jesus, Lincoln and Churchill; now, based purely on his style (not his substance) at one debate and Sullivan has completely written off his reelection chances. Sullivan has always been erratic, and thanks to the format of his blog he really has no one to rein in his silly excesses.

My own suspicion is that he's being so overblown because he's trying to generate attention and, thus, blog traffic.

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2012

I am angry and depressed about Obama's extreme collapse, but I just discreetly vent on message boards. Sullivan's rants have the potential to further depress Obama supporters and pump up Romney supporters. He has to consider the serious consequences of his hysterical rants and musings.

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2012

The hysteria over this non event is unprecedented. They've talked about nothing else for over a week. It's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2012

What's going on with the 2012 Poll Troll thread? Has it been deleted? I need to know what's happening with the race.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2012

It won't open. R24. Too much traffic? Doubt.

by Anonymousreply 2510/10/2012

If you want to hear shrill, listen to Chris Matthews after the debate.

And if you haven't noticed Romney is now leading in the polls. So it is time to be concerned.

by Anonymousreply 2610/10/2012

R25 I really don't get why someone has a problem with that particular thread, it's important info we need to know.

by Anonymousreply 2710/10/2012

Obama holds his electorate. It's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2012

True R28, but I like having the reassurance of the Poll Troll's analysis telling me that too.

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2012

The idea that Obama was ever "counted out" before 2009 is laughable. His rise from obscure state Senator in the Illinois statehouse to POTUS in the course of just 5 years was nothing short of meteoric.

He wasn't "counted out" when he ran against Hillary because he was never "counted IN" before that. No one thought or assumed he'd take the 2008 nomination before the second half of 2007; everyone was gearing (or bracing) for Hillary's inevitable coronation. You can't claim he made a comeback then because he was never in the frontrunner position before that.

It was she who wound up "counted out" once finally beat her. From there it was just a constant upward trajectory, at least until he took office and the reality (and constraints) of governing took over.

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2012

You mean "constraints" of having to work with people whose only mission was to see him fail.

And even with that he managed to make significant contributions to the country.

The man deserves to win and he will win.

by Anonymousreply 3110/10/2012

[quote]now, based purely on his style (not his substance) at one debate and Sullivan has completely written off his reelection chances.

Exactly. It's not as if a single debate would ever cause a candidate to drop in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2012

Thank you R31.

Apparently Andrew Sullivan is freaked out about living in NYC. Maybe all of this drama has messed up his mind.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2012

Does Andrew Sullivan still have that gigantically tall, hot, younger bf? I wonder what's going on with all that. God love him, but he is one of the most exhausting characters on the scene in years. What a mess, but fun to read sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 3410/10/2012

Mr. Tone-Sullivan is no longer hot. At least now the lid matches the pot.

by Anonymousreply 3510/10/2012

Aw, and now he's backing down like a pussy because the loony conservatives are using him.

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3610/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!