Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Argo is fantastic.

Saw it tonight. Great thriller. Surprisingly funny.

And Ben is hot!

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013

Its commercial got my attention for having the nerve to claim it's the greatest movie ever.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

I still find it incredibly obnoxious that they felt they had to out and out lie about what happened to create a fictitious US hero and take the honor away from those who really deserved it and risked their lives. This was an exciting true story in and of itself and did not need to be bastardized as it was.

I think the Canadians are being very gracious and forgiving considering what a pretentious schmuck Affleck was.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

R2. Huh?

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

Fucktard R2.

This is the story based on declasified CIA documents.

The Canadian account was what was put out there to protect the still captive hostages in Iran.

Fantastic, fantastic movie.

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2012

Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2012

Loved it and laughed a lot. Hollywood types, how accurate was Alan Arkins' spoof? Still wonder how close the Iranians were to nabbing them at the end. Dramatic license?

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2012

You missed point of the commercial, R1. The movie they're talking about is the film within the film, which was never made.

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2012

Is it better than 7 Cycle Paths or The Green Arrow? Don't know what to see tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2012

I used to use Argo to make pudding until that lady on the box started shilling loan shark services for Western Sky

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2012

[quote] The Canadian account was what was put out there to protect the still captive hostages in Iran.

What are you saying? It seems as though you have no clue what the truth was. It was the Canadians who did all this and who came up with the ruse of the movie making to get the hostages out of the country. The US character Ben Affleck portrayed was made up - as in fictitious. And now stupid and gullible people like you will take this film as fact and take away from the very brave Canadians who were the real heroes.

by Anonymousreply 1010/14/2012

Afleck's character is a real person, Tony Mendez.

by Anonymousreply 1110/14/2012

Loved the 1970s Warner Bros. logo at the beginning - set the whole thing up great.

by Anonymousreply 1210/14/2012

I enjoyed this too.

by Anonymousreply 1301/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.