Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Catholic-taunting Madonna is too scared to offend Muslims

Madonna backs down from wearing Muslim bridal dress

Madonna has decided against wearing a Muslim bridal dress, a combination of a traditional Iraqi bridal veil and a US soldier's uniform, in her new music video after being convinced by her advisers to give the outfit a miss for her own safety.

Madonna has decided against wearing a Muslim bridal dress in her new music video over fears for her safety.

The 54-year-old singer was planning to don a 'Terror Bride' outfit - a combination of a traditional Iraqi bridal veil and a US soldier's uniform - in the video for upcoming single 'Superstar' as a statement against oppression against women and war, but her advisers convinced her to ditch the political stunt because of the outrage it would be likely to cause.

A source said: 'Madonna had the outfit ready to go. She was really proud of it and said it was her 'Terror Bride' costume.

'She had paraded around in it and said she was going to wear it in her next music video.

'At first when people started telling her it was madness she just brushed it off.

'But when they mentioned that her actions could put her life at risk she decided to ditch it from her video and certainly won't be wearing it on stage.'

The 'Celebration' hitmaker - who is a devotee of Jewish offshoot religion Kabbalah - had already tried the costume on, and while she is said to be 'really disappointed' about not wearing the outfit, she hasn't ruled out donning the attire in a music video at some point in the future.

The insider added to The Sun newspaper: 'She was really disappointed as she was so adamant about it.

'And even when she said she wasn't going to go ahead she winked that it was being put aside 'for now'.'

Last month, Madonna caused controversy when she referred to US President Barack Obama - who is openly Christian - as a 'black Muslim' at a concert in Washington, but she later clarified her comments insisting she was 'being ironic'.

She added: 'Yes, I know Obama is not a Muslim, though I know that plenty of people in this country (America) think he is.'

by Anonymousreply 3910/14/2012

Madonna is a tired old hack, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

Lo and behold, there actually is a limit to her.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

Can we get Muslims to threaten her if she strips again?

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

Ha....not so edgy and uncompromising now!!!

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

R2 most of us knew that back in 2003.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

My fatwā calling for the death of MDNA is basically that just as you put it on your trashy little album, "if you're gonna act like a bitch,then you're gonna die like a bitch".

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

More proof that she is not the controversial shit-stirrer of decades past. Even her main mimic, Gaga. wore a burka in public a few weeks back and no one seemed to give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

She also didn't want to get "Dixie Chicked" and shelved a video at that time. When the going gets tough Madonna will always blink.

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

She gets away with dissing Catholics because there are no consequences. They're an easy target. If she said the stuff she does about Muslims or Jewish people she'd have a bounty put on her head or drummed out show business for being anti-semitic.

She's a hypocrite and a coward.

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

She also changed the swastika to a question mark on her visual of Marine La Pen, when she did the France concert.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

If she offends Muslims, Muslims will be angry.

If she offends the Jews. Every American will be angry and her career would die.

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

I don't dislike Madonna, neither do I like her. I understand her baiting Catholics, because she was raised as one, and her rejection of it seemed more rebellious. Her being disrespectful or islam isn't quite the same thing, and they're such bat-shit crazy, why would you want to offend them like that? The disrespect wouldn't be personal like it was with Catholic, and why stir them up for no reason?

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

In Madonna's syphilitic mind, sensationalist crap like "Terror Bride" are profound commentary. And before anyone accuses me of being a Gaga fan, I hate that ugly tacky cunt too (she stole her burqa idea from the immensely talented and original M.I.A. who wore it to protest the demonization of Muslims)

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

She never had to wear it, she only had to let it leak that she intended to. Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

Can't believe she's even bothering with another single. Turn Up The Radio was the best shot she had at a genuine hit. It should have been the first single.

Superstar is TERRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2012

R11, that only sense in your own head. You know that, right?

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

made sense*

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

I'm more shocked that she thinks "Superstar" deserves to be a single. Oh, Christ, she's really in need of someone with balls to take over her career and tell her what to do--she obviously is no longer competent at making any decisions whatsoever. "SUPERSTAR"? One of the worst songs on an album populated with abd songs. "I'm Addicted" is the only one on the CD with any hit potential--and she releases a song with the lyrics, "You're my super-super star"? I give up. She's a dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2012

lmao what a fraud, flop and coward. If she's so controversial, she should be willing to go after anyone/anything. She's scared of the backlash clearly. and WTF another single? Vadge, this album is a FLOP. This old talentless hag is a sloppy hilarious mess.

by Anonymousreply 1910/09/2012

This thread is filled with crazy Catholics. As if there were any other kind.

by Anonymousreply 2010/09/2012

Madonna showing her true colors. She doesn't want to get death threats lol. Bitch ain't so hardcore either. She just wanted the attention, that famewhore. Bitch, yo' album failed. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2012

r15 and r18: neither 'Turn Up The Radio' nor 'I'm Addicted' had any hit potential whatsoever.

They're both unfinished songs, where she repeats a chorus ad nauseam. It doesn't work.

'I'm Addicted' in particular is ruined by the cheap sounding techno breakdown in the middle of the song. The track sounds DATED.

In any case, I agree - why another single?

She did release the boring 'Turn Up The Radio', and predictably, it failed to chart. 'Girl Gone Wild' stalled at #106, but 'TUTR' hasn't managed to do even that.

'Superstar' is even worse, and no-one is going to touch it.

I really think she keeps releasing stuff just to be a contrarian at all costs. "People think this album is a flop? They expect me to acknowledge that? I will do the OPPOSITE of that, that'll show 'em !!!"

She truly is over.

by Anonymousreply 2210/09/2012

Vadge is probably finished as a contender to get airplay hits. While it wouldn't surprise me if in the future for her albums that her first singles might crack the billboard charts, she ain't getting a top 10 hit again except on the dance/club charts.

This album sucked majorly and confirmed that she's out of ideas. She'll have to look harder to find something cool to steal for her next album. Y'all KNOW she's probably already hard at work trying to prove she's "still got it".

by Anonymousreply 2310/10/2012

She's an opportunist and a fake.

We need some catholics to start acting up like Muslims if it will shut this woman up once in for all.

by Anonymousreply 2410/10/2012

She might have offended Muslims at her LA show since she wrote the name "Malala" on the small of her back. That's the name of the Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban and currently in critical condition. Madonna showed her bare ass while the name was visible too. So tacky

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2012

R22, I think "I'm Addicted" and "Turn up the Radio" are fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2012

Madonna's gay Muslim fans in the UEA love her.

Gay Emiratis welcome Madonna’s pro LGBT rights show

by Dan Littauer 7 June 2012, 12:14pm

Gays and lesbians in the Emirates have welcomed Madonna’s performance there, where she displayed strong messages of support for LGBT rights.

The global pop star played stadium gigs in Abu Dhabi on 3 and 4 June as part of her MDNA album world tour.

Around 25,000 attend the Madonna’s first ever performance in the Arab world at the Yas Island Stadium, at Abu Dhabi, the federal capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) where gay sex is still criminalized.

Her performance, including 22 songs and a laser show, included multiple ‘strong and clear messages about LGBT rights’, reports ‘Shamil’, member of the UAE LGBT group and Gulf region editor of

Shamil said excitedly: ‘She didn’t hold back at all!’

She opened the performance provocatively, with religious chanting during which a huge incense pot vacillated above her fans. During her song ‘Gang Bang’ she projected a bad girl image provocatively dressed, drinking and sporting an ‘AK47’ while ‘shooting’ a man in a motel.

Shamil said: ‘One of the strongest visuals for LGBT rights and against homophobic bullying was during Nobody Knows Me where the interlude video highlighted the plight of young people who are driven to commit suicide because they are victims of homophobic bullying.’

Another clear message of support were projected during Express Yourself which included a tribute to Lady Gaga’s Born This Way with images projected including men kissing men, women kissing women and a straight embrace. It also featured J Howard Miller’s famous ‘We can do it’ American propaganda poster depicting a woman with her sleeve rolled up, popular with lesbians.

The Emirates audience was also treated to topless male dancers in high heels during Girls Gone Wild, a striking contrast to the UAE’s usual insistence on strictly traditional gender roles.

During Erotica, Madonna stripped down to her underwear, pointed to her genitalia and said, ‘This thing is hot!’, inviting the crowds to ‘act dangerously’ while flirting with girl band dancers while the male dancers dressed up as women in corsets, recounted Shamil.

‘Vogue was just spectacular with the male dancers in particular strutting their stuff’, reported Shamil. ‘Perhaps Madonna is so far the only artist who portrayed and supported LGBT rights in the UAE. Last year I attended Scissor Sisters concert and they didn’t or couldn’t do anything.’

Homosexuality is punished with up to 14 years jail in Abu-Dhabi, and article 354 of the Federal Penal Code may even prescribe the death sentence for ‘consensual sodomy’.

Public displays of affection, gay or straight, are illegal and can carry harsh sentences including several months in jail, fines and deportation for non-Emirati residents. Several recent cases have, however, demonstrated that it is not always easy for LGBT people to find ‘private’ places for consensual displays of same-sex affection.

‘Adilah’, an Emirati lesbian member of the UAE LGBT told me: ‘Madonna’s concert was the first time I was in an environment in the UAE that had this much of a feel for unity, love, respect, admiration, adoration for LGBT people. In public!

‘Performance wise Madonna’s showcase had messages that aren’t new to her gay or gay friendly fans. We all know how she feels about us but anyone who ever had a doubt or felt gays and lesbians are lesser forms of life definitely now knows more about our place in the world.

‘And how could they not? I mean, there was a gay/lesbian group standing, jumping, and smiling every six inches. And so many of them were Emiratis too!

‘We were stood next to a gorgeous group of boys in Balmain tops with studded shoulder pads and Jeffery Campbell heels! It was just so great to be amongst all our gay friends, in one place, being ourselves, and knowing every time Madonna flashed a gay sign everyone cheered.’

[Continued at link]

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2012

R27 that article is from june. you tried it.

Fans in other countries outside America seem to have lower standards lol They treat the likes of Vadge and Shitney Schmears as some kind of goddesses in whose presence they are not worthy. I'm glad Americans (apart from the dumbass portion of the gay community) are finally over this talentless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2012

I wish this bitch would have gone forward with her burqa idea. I would have loved to see fatwas and other fun reactions against her.She's all talk though of course. coward

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

so sick of Vadge. I dare her to start offending Muslims lol

by Anonymousreply 3010/13/2012

R30, couldn't get any traction at R29, so you decided to bump the thread again? We get it: You hate Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2012

She's just like you 'mos.

If I said, "Jesus was just a man," you all would be "right on." But if I said, "Mohammed was not the prophet of Allah," you'd all call me a racist.

If I said, anything against, PWT of Texas you'd be supporting me. If I said anything against a liberal NYC black, I'd be a racist, even if I said the same exact thing.

You 'mos are the biggest hypocritical group around. You won't walk five minutes to a gay bar to get a free condom, yet you demand the government subsidize your antiretrovirals.

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2012

R32 is Guy Richie?

R31 we get it you think Madonna is some kind of cool and hip gal who contributed so much good to pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2012

Madonna is doing better in Ameeica than Europe. Britain turned its back on her. She can't get a hit if her life depended on it. Her tour did worse than her last one. She skipped playing Australia because the demand isn't there. Live Nation publishes "sold out" dates when the dates haven't sold out. It's a guess that the remaining tickets will sell out eventually. She's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2012

R34 good it's about time people stopped supporting that joke of an "artist".

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2012

I like r29 and r30 ideas. Well Madge, here's your last chance. Offend Muslims please!

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2012

R35 she's still huge in Europe! Maybe not in UK but the rest of Europe LOVES the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2012

I second that! Yes offend the gay killing Muslims please!! They deserve it!

by Anonymousreply 3810/14/2012

Not a fan of Madonna but I really do hope she eventually goes through with this latest contrived controversy proposal. I want to see how big the reaction is or if people are just like "whatever gurl who cares".

by Anonymousreply 3910/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!