Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I urinated the bed last night

...I'm 33. The last time I peed the bed was in college (and that was just a freak one-time incident where I'd been so sleep deprived that my body didn't wake me up for some reason when I needed to go). And no, I wasn't drunk either time. Has this ever happened to any of you as adults? Or is there something wrong with me?

by Anonymousreply 3803/30/2014

Bedwetter! Shame, shame, shame!

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

If it happens again, I would talk to my physician. Once, not so much. Never happened to me. Close though.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

Yeah. A couple of times. Can't recall exactly why though I think one was an anxiety dream and the other i think i was so deeply asleep but dreaming about peeing. Who the hell knows? It happens. But you feel stupid about it. I know I did. It will pass and some day, when it happens to somebody else and they post about it here, you can reply like this and think 'what.ever.' Don't sweat it. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

It's never too early to get that prostate checked, OP - and by a doctor, not some dude who's got his dick up your ass....

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

[quote]Has this ever happened to any of you as adults? Or is there something wrong with me?

Depends.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

O-o-o-o-o. Wrong wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

Put a clothespin on the head of your dick when you retire for the evening.

Problem solved.

You are so welcome!

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

Run home before your mother hangs up your sheets for all the neighbors to see!

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

[quote]It's never too early to get that prostate checked, OP - and by a doctor, not some dude who's got his dick up your ass....

But dude said he was a doctor...

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

It has happened to me. I'm in my 40s. Not often though. In my dream I can't find a place to pee, or the bathroom is locked, or something is preventing me from getting to a toilet. FINALLY at the end of the dream I find a place to pee and pee very powerfully for what seems like hours and I wake up peeing all over myself.

I have trained myself that when I have these dreams to wake myself up and go to the bathroom.

...and now I know I'm going to have that dream tonight and not make it to the bathroom in time...

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

You may also want to have your blood sugars checked.

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

I once did that about 10 years ago when I got trained by an idiot trainer who pushed me too hard. My quads were killing me and i peed the bed in my sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

Hypothyroidism.

Was tired all the time and lost 30% of my kidney function for a while.

A friend did this when he didn't wear his BiPAP one night. He stops breathing for half a minute at a time so I'm not surprised he peed the bed.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

Happened to me once in my 30s - visting my parents. How embarassing to tell Mom that I wet the bed. :(

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2012

That's not normal. See a doctor instead of posting that shit on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

TMI ALERT:

I wet the bed as a child, intermittently to around 10 yrs old. I peed my pants on my first day of school. I had weak bladder/sudden urge to pee all of my life. It was a minor problem; I did the peepee dance or the locked leg walk to the bathroom. My sisters had great fun trying to make me laugh when they noticed me stiff-legging it to the bathroom - if I laughed there was a good chance I'd pee on the floor.

In my 20's, I started having 'the bathroom dream'. They're so realistic - I'm sitting on the toilet but the pee is uncontrollably spraying all over the floor and I start to freak out - this is when I wake up, mid-stream, in bed. I fly to the bathroom with pee streaming down my leg. I still have them about 2x a year.

At this point in my life, I have to wear a pad when I leave the house cause I leak urine and once the stream starts, I really can't stop it. I also keep a waterproof pad under the bedsheet, in case of accident. I'm a mess; luckily I live alone. Oh, I'm female.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

Nothing says lower order than those who use the construction "I ___ myself."

You did not shit yourself -- you shit *on* yourself.

You did not urinate the bed -- you urinated *on* the bed

You piss *on* yourself, or *in* your pants.

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2012

R18, I love you! No topic is off-limit to "oh-dear"-ing, is it? Right on.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2012

I don't think I've peed the bed since I was 7 years old.

But I agree with some other posters here that if you are having a dream about peeing, it would not be a surprise to wake up wet.

OP, I don't think you should worry about it. But if it keeps happening, go see your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2012

Thank you, R18...and here I was wondering all afternoon what class I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

[quote]You did not urinate the bed -- you urinated *on* the bed

How is it considered urinating *on* the bed when technically the urine seeps down into the mattress?

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2012

OP, did a roommate or someone put your hand in a basin of warm water while you slept?

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2012

Piss is hot! . . . . at least the first couple seconds, that is

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2012

I tinkled the bed a bit once under the influence of Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

What did you do with the wet mattress. Thrown it in the dumpster, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2012

what about drooling? Over the past few months, I've noticed that I'm drooling a lot in bed. It's GROSS, and I don't know what to do about it. It generally only happens if I sleep on my stomach, btw. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 2710/09/2012

The the family dog starts pissing itself, that's when it's time to get out the shotgun.

by Anonymousreply 2810/09/2012

I dated someone who did this while drunk. It was super annoying. When he got drunk, I made him, I put him on the bathroom floor. Thankfully, he hardly ever drank and was a wonderful guy otherwise.

I wouldn't worry about it, OP. It's really not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 2910/09/2012

R17,

Did you ever find the cause of this?

by Anonymousreply 3010/09/2012

R27 I do that sometimes too. I guess you don't swallow as much while sleeping and the saliva pools up.

by Anonymousreply 3110/09/2012

Kill yourself now, Mary OP, and save yourself and your loved ones needless suffering down the road....

by Anonymousreply 3210/09/2012

That must have hurt.

by Anonymousreply 3310/27/2012

Are you sure someone didn't dump warm water on your sheets in the night?

by Anonymousreply 3410/27/2012

I'm always afraid I'm going to wet the bed because I have pee dreams at least once a week. I'm dreaming about peeing and I'm afraid I'm going to end up doing it in my sleep. And of course every time I wake up my bladder is almost bursting. Maybe that's why we dream about that because we have to go to the bathroom and our body's natural system (I'm guessing a full bladder) isn't working right and isn't waking us up

by Anonymousreply 3510/27/2012

[quote]Are you sure someone didn't dump warm water on your sheets in the night?

I once shared an apartment with two other guys and one of them had a waterbed. I arrived home before him each day and would pour a little water on the bed. He was always looking for the leak.

by Anonymousreply 3610/27/2012

Urinating a bed must be even more painful than passing a kidney stone.

by Anonymousreply 3710/27/2012

It has happened to me. I'm 18 years old and I have not wet the bed since I was a small little kid. I was having a dream that I was peeing but my body didn't wake me up. It was the weirdest thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 3803/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.