Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have they explained why Jessica Lange is in every season of American Horror Story?

Is she a different character every season?

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2012

Well, considering the second season hasn't yet aired, explaining why she appeared in EVERY season might be a difficult feat to pull off. There's been exactly ONE season thus far.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

a lot of the actors from last season will be in this season playing different characters.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

They were very lucky to get her the first season, and she did it only because it was just a few weeks' commitment. She had such a grrat time doing the first one (and they wrote such a great role for her, which allowed her to win all kinds of awards) that she was glad to make time again on her schedule for this season. She now knows how much time the work will entail, she can trust the quality of the writing of the scripts, and they have tailor-made the role for her (again). And she's likely to win all kinds of more awards again, this time in a leading role. Ryan Murphy and the other guy who created and ran this show are very, very, very smart in this regard. The show would not have as much high critical regard as it now enjoys without her--she is the best thing about the series, and they have treated her very intelligently.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

The whole SHOW is a different scenario this new 2nd season, OP. So, yes, she will be playing a different character this season. As will Sarah Paulson. As will Zachary Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

"she was glad to make time again on her schedule"

Time from what? Drinking?

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

[quote] she can trust the quality of the writing of the scripts

not so sure about that. it's a ryan murphy production, which means that successive seasons could potentially suck hard.

he's famous for strong first seasons, and then the series goes downhill from there. hope it doesn't happen to AHS because it has so much potential.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

plus this year is Asylum so there will be lots of subtle "Francis" references.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

AHS is tailor made for the Ryan Murphy problem though. Each new season is a completely new plotline and group of characters so he can start fresh.

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

R5, it's SHEPARD.

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

Yeah just have to slap her around a bit and then she pretty much will do whatever you want.

by Anonymousreply 1010/09/2012

Love and agree with Reply #3

Cannot wait to see Lange this season. Such a visceral actress; such a complex woman. I recently stumbled upon these quotes on depression by Lange that I hadn't read in YEARS. It's no wonder she can be so present (in front of AND behind the camera) like no other actress can.

Jessica Lange acknowledged (US Magazine, 1995) she went through her last depression about two years previously: “and it was really a tough one. And when I came out, I felt like I had gone through something and come out the other end. And now, it seems odd to use the word, but I feel very happy… I had really tremendous mood swings. And I still do…

“But I have never been a believer in psychoanalysis or therapy or anything like that,” she said. “I’ve never done that.” In a Los Angeles Times interview (March, 1995) Lange commented “though my dark side is dormant right now, it continues to play a big role in whatever capacity I have to be creative - that’s the well I’m able to tap into where all the anguish, rage and sadness are stored.”

by Anonymousreply 1110/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!