Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm about to get rid of my iPhone, because of how fast my battery drains

I have an iPhone 4S, and I love it except for the fact that is has shitty battery life. It was charged 100% at 8am, and now, at 11:30am, it's down to 53%.

In that time, all I did was check mybemail, have a 10 minute phone conversation, surf the web, and check the Yelp app for about 15 minutes looking for a sushi restaurant for lunch. I also looked through my photos to find a picture to send my Mom.

I had the same problem before I updated to iOS 6, but now it's even worse.

Anyone else have this problem?

And yes, I close all my apps... Any other suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

Give your iPhone to me and go get yourself a 'Droid phone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

Off the top of my head:

Do you leave Bluetooth enabled? Do you have it searching for WiFi, or just set to accept established locations? How frequently is it set to check your e-mail accounts? To which level is your screen brightness set?

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

This link might help you OP.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

Bengali, you gave great advice, but I'm afraid it's useless in this case. There's a known issue with the latest operating system (iOS 6) where it drains the battery life of the iPhones 4 and 4S. As a matter of fact, I was recently unable to turn off the screen to my iPhone 4. In order to finally get it to go off, I had to hold down the power and home keys for 10 seconds.

I noticed the same thing happened with my iPhone 3 when Apple updated the OS following the release of iPhone 3S. If its an intentional bug meant to prompt people to buy new phones, Apple should be investigated for fraud. It's suspicious how this always seems to happen.

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!