Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Attacks on U.S. embassies under Obama:

Report SHREDS GOP claims that America is less safe.

In the first two years of Obama's term, there have been way less attacks against the U.S. than during Bush Jr's., and a third of the total under bush Sr. ... then half of what they were under Reagan. How can anyone accuse Obama of being "weak" in foreign policy? Clearly his administration is doing something right. Unless, of course, by "weak" they mean, 'inspiring less violence against the U.S.'

I guess that is kinda wimpy, hu?

by Anonymousreply 910/16/2012

Link to article

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

[quote] How can anyone accuse Obama of being "weak" in foreign policy?

Not everyone shares your fetish for facts.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

I don't know, listening to Romney and other GOP reps talk about how bad Obama's foreign policy is all I can think of is, "Do these people think we've all forgotten about 9/11? Iraq?" After an uprising in the Middle East that was more or less expected given the upheaval and lurch towards democracy in that region, the GOP is trying to hang Obama by a noose. They mention 4 people who tragically died in the attacks on our consulate and all I keep thinking is, "What about the 3,000+ Americans who died on our own soil on 9/11? What about the 500,000 dead Iraqis who were killed during that conflict?" I mean, are these people for real?

I don't really think the GOP has the requisite credibility to be lecturing us about Obama's foreign policy failures. It's like watching a bunch of idiots with blinders on illustrating some alternative universe for us where they are somehow invincible and all knowing when we all know from experience that it simply isn't true. All presidents are fallible on these matters, they do not control the entire world much less the universe. For them to speak in such strong terms with very little in the way of specificity about their own plans - other than go to war with Iran, which they and Israel are obviously just itching to do - is galling.

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

A huge percentage of a Americans think Saddam was responsible for 9/11. And they never heard how much Bush fucked up on 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

I guess the GOP forgets that our actual CITIES were attacked by terrorists when they were in charge! Remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

A sizeable fraction of the GOP credits Bush with getting bin Laden.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

" But OBAMA IS A WIMP!!!! " they say.

Because the GOP thinks safety isn't "strong" unless it involves dead soldiers.

by Anonymousreply 810/16/2012

All facts "shred" GOP talking points.

Every time.

They're proven wrong, over and over.

WHY do they have any credibility with ANYONE remaining?!?

by Anonymousreply 910/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!