Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman call it quits

Yet another blow for true love: Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman are separating after 30 years of marriage, People reports. The diminutive couple — he’s 5′ tall, she’s 5’1″ — reportedly dated for 11 years before tying the knot in 1982. Though both are best known for their onscreen appearances, their jointly founded Jersey Films production company was behind movies including Pulp Fiction, Erin Brockovich, and Garden State. DeVito and Perlman, who met years before filming Taxi together, also starred in the 1996 children’s film Matilda, which DeVito directed. They have three children together: Lucy, 29, Grace, 27, and Daniel, 25.

by Anonymousreply 6003/16/2013

*giggle*

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

sad

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

This is devastating.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

So what's the real scoop?

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

Did he finally wake up and see her face?

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

HER FACE? r5. What kind of Adonis is HE???

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

Ten to one there's a blonde involved.

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

[quote]Is he a big boozer? Or uh, little boozer.

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

I didn't like that at the height of popularity as a couple, they did a movie together (I think "The Ratings Game" 1984) that included some homophobic humor. There was a gay character who used the phrase "colder than a witch's tit" and Danny tells him something like "how would you know, you've never felt a woman's tits." And everyone (a room full of people) laughs at the fag.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

He's been stalking Hayden Panettiere again.

"When the Mini's rockin' don't come knockin!"

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

Are their adult children normal size?

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

I suppose Danny left Rhea for Abe Vigoda.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

The daughter is size-appropriate, R12.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

[quote]There was a gay character who used the phrase "colder than a witch's tit" and Danny tells him something like "how would you know, you've never felt a woman's tits." And everyone (a room full of people) laughs at the fag.

Not all jokes about gay people are offensive. This one sounds like "Will and Grace" material.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2012

On Will & Grace they would've been laughing with the gay guy, they were laughing at him and it was homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

I dinstinctly remember her mother never liking Danny.

She threatened to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

R10, the guy could have shot back: "And until the invention of the stepladder neither did you!"

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2012

I'm crying as I get on my step stool to reach my computer to type.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2012

R14, the daughter looks shorter than Rhea and Danny and she's wearing heels.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2012

I wonder if Danny has been whispering sweet sweet nothings up the moose hoof of Amy Poehler.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

[quote]here was a gay character who used the phrase "colder than a witch's tit" and Danny tells him something like "how would you know, you've never felt a woman's tits."

I remember that line from the movie version of "All That Jazz." It's in one of the early scenes.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2012

He's a drunk. He went on "The View" shitfaced.

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2012

Where is the moral outrage? The sanctity of marriage!

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2012

Nothing surprises me about them. They got tired of each other.

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

"I remember that line from the movie version of 'All That Jazz.'"

Yep, I think r10 is confused.

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2012

So the "cold as a witch's tit" part isn't offensive for being misogynist, but the line about the gay guy never feeling a woman's tit is offensive?

I've lost track about what's offensive and what's not.

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2012

Weren't they a long ago blind item about someone with crippling depression who couldn't leave the house?

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2012

Gay men on Datalounge never seem to understand why long-term couples break up.

Sometimes people just get sick and tired of each other.

Getting sick and tired of each other can happen after five years or fifty years of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

Sometimes you get sick and tired of being sick and tired.

by Anonymousreply 3010/08/2012

There've been a few blind items about him cheating and her being oblivious. One was about him fucking his assistant and another was about serial cheating for years with co or guest stars. I don't have links. I got it from AGC Blind Items. Both were from earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 3110/08/2012

Agree R29, but at their age you'd think they'd just see it through till death. It's not like they've got a chance w/ anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 3210/08/2012

I saw a dramatization of Danny's poposal somewhere, maybe it was a secrets of Taxi tv movie. She was at first reluctant but he convinced her by saying "hey, it's me or nobody."

by Anonymousreply 3310/08/2012

I bet they've been separated for a while and chose now to announce it. Maybe Perlman's coming back into the spotlight with new projects and didn't want to hide anything - she was just featured in that Cheers cast reunion.

Kinda like Sarandon and Robbins who were apart for a long while before we all knew about it.

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2012

Wasn't there a blind that said a long time couple would be breaking because he loves a he? Maybe he's blond. The second 'he'.

And probably blind.

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2012

I met Danny at the job once. Of all the people in the room I was probably the biggest nobody. But I was a new member of the team and Danny came up to me and introduced himself. We chatted for a bit. He was very down to earth. Nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 3610/08/2012

Do you people realize how long 30 years is? That is a LONG time to be together. Plus the years before they married.

And people who have a choice - i.e., are not stuck together because they can't afford to live apart - do not stick together for someone else's idea of what older couples do. If you don't want to live with someone then you don't want to live with them.

There is nothing tragic or even sad about it. They had a long run with 3 children and I hope it was a happy one - but now it's over and no one should even wish they stay where they do not want to be. People of every age deserve to be happy and live as they choose.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2012

I'm actually sad, which is ludicrous, of course. But they seemed so perfect for each other.

I hope he doesn't make a fool of himself over some gold-digger(s).

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2012

I remember about 15 years ago, the DeVitos sat at a table behind my partner and me at La Habichuela in the downtown area of Cancun. The kids were around 10 years old, I think--very polite and mature, and the parents really were engaging them in conversation. I was pretty impressed at the time, they seemed like such nice, down to earth people.

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2012

What R37 said.

by Anonymousreply 4110/09/2012

R17 -- Perlman's mother may have hated DeVito partly because he wasn't jewish aand also because they moved in together after 2 weeks -- in 1971, back when nice girls from Brooklyn didn't do that. And then they waited 12 years to marry. Not a mother's dream.

by Anonymousreply 4210/09/2012

Apparently Danny's been a bad little man-ho, and Rita's had enough.

by Anonymousreply 4310/09/2012

He's always been a bad boy, didn't everyone know that? Rhea, probably enjoyed him and had her own affairs but don't be surprised if Danny ODs one day. He's done a lot of drugs, I'm surprised he's still around.

by Anonymousreply 4410/09/2012

R32, very rarely is divorce or separation a joint decision.

You behave as if both spouses have an equal say in whether to separate or divorce.

Almost always it is just one spouse who wants to break up - and the other spouse has no say in the matter.

You cannot make someone stay with you who does not want to.

by Anonymousreply 4510/09/2012

Why, though, would anyone have sex with Danny DiVito?

It's hard to imagine him cheating as where would he find women who were attracted to him?

by Anonymousreply 4610/09/2012

Does anyone remember the Taxi episode with Danny De Vito and (help me out here...a dinner club type singer who did some acting but was primarily a cabaret singer) (fill in the blank)and he thinks he's going to get lucky and she had a sofa bed? I recall it being very funny.

by Anonymousreply 4810/09/2012

After 30+ years together, and at their ages, why bother divorcing? Just buy separate homes.

by Anonymousreply 4910/09/2012

Divorce is as much of a statement as marriage. Some people have a need to make these statements.

by Anonymousreply 5010/09/2012

The mere thought of having sex with Danny DeVito is thoroughly repulsive. I imagine that he is serviced by women moving up the ladder or by paid professionals.

by Anonymousreply 5110/09/2012

I forgot to mention that the timing couldn't be better for DeVito now that his old pal Arnie is separated and on the make (he really is. the getting back with Maria stuff and the faux contrition is to sell, sell, sell.) Those two can go out on the prowl together now.

by Anonymousreply 5210/09/2012

These weird little couples who resemble each other never last!

by Anonymousreply 5310/09/2012

It depresses me that DeVito probably gets more action than I do. Although it would certainly explain why they split. I was initially guessing the divorce was due to his bed-wetting habit.

by Anonymousreply 5410/10/2012

There was a movie where Danny Devito was the love interest for Parker Posey and I though "Oh, Parker ...poor thing".

I think Paul Rudd was her ex husband.

Take about trading down.

by Anonymousreply 5510/10/2012

One spouse or the other can get sick and tired of his/her spouse after 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, or 50 years.

It doesn't matter that a relationship has lasted 20 or 30 or 50 years. The amount of time together is insignificant.

What matters is that one spouse is no long happy, comfortable, or satisfied in the relationship and wants to separate or divorce.

Get rid of idea that just because a couple has been together 30 or 40 years that the relationship is required not to break up.

by Anonymousreply 5610/10/2012

[quote]There was a movie where Danny Devito was the love interest for Parker Posey and I though "Oh, Parker ...poor thing". I think Paul Rudd was her ex husband. Take about trading down.

The fuck?! Who even conjures up this casting? Tell me which bizarro alternative universe this sort of a pairing occurs in, OK? And it's not even a matter of the male power elite developing and financing this product. It was an indie, ffs. (well, I'm assuming so.)

by Anonymousreply 5710/10/2012

THEY'RE BACK TOGETHER!!!

by Anonymousreply 5803/15/2013

Yay!!!

by Anonymousreply 5903/15/2013

He must be sick. Men who cheat incessantly, then find out they're ill, always return to their wives.Coming home, I guess, is comforting. I'm always amazed the wives take them back, and nurse them till they go.

by Anonymousreply 6003/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.