Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

And THIS is why cash bars are a bad idea.

Huge brawl in a Philly hotel between two wedding parties as one (cash bar) tried to crash the other (open bar.)

One man died of a heart attack.

at the 43 second mark, you see one of the brides get taken down by the cops.

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2012

We went to Philly last summer. My partner is bald on top and needs to wear a hat per the dermatologist who removed a precancerous growth from his scalp. Without giving it a second thought, he put on his usual hat that morning. When we got to the hotel in Philly, a guy on the elevator told him, "Go back to New York, you fucking asshole."

My partner was like, "WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?"

And the guy knocked off his hat and left the elevator. That's when my partner realized it was because he was wearing his baseball cap that said NY on it.

He wasn't going to a Phillies game, he wasn't wearing his hat in a bar full of drunks. He had his suitcase with him. He went from the garage to the elevator.

I've never heard of such idiocy before. You can wear any baseball cap in any hotel in NY and nobody will assault you.

Philadelphians are nasty, violent assholes. I hope they all get the shit kicked out of them.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

That cop in the white shirt was totally out of control. It looked like a police riot.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

They is the only mugs who make us look classy.

Shaddup yo mouth.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

Nobody in Jersey says "mouth."

It's "mowt"

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

I immediately thought of DL when I saw this story.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

Do we hear a woman having an orgasm or giving birth?

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

I assure you these brawlers are not from good Mainline families.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

"But it's MY special day!"

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

So they're shooting Real Housewives of Philadelphia?

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

Were they wops?

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

Please don't let them be OH THANK GOD!

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

Remember Philadelphia is where Santa Claus was booed at a football game.

Those people are animals.

Brotherly love, my ass!

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

The world of the heterosexual etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

The faggots in this town ain't much better. Trust me on this.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

So idiotic when adults get into brawls. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2012

[quote]I immediately thought of DL when I saw this story.

Ditto, R5.

And, this as well:

[quote]Please don't let them be OH THANK GOD!

I've been here waaaaay too long.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is a documentary.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

I'd never heard about that, r12. Here's what the Santa had to say about the incident:

Olivo was given a large sack and tapped to weave down the field between two columns of Eaglettes, waving to the crowd as the brass band played "Here Comes Santa Claus."

"That's when the booing started. At first, I was scared because it was so loud. But then I figured, hey, it was just good-natured teasing. I'm a Philadelphia fan, I knew what was what. I thought it was funny." When Olivo finished his run down Santa Claus Lane, he got into range. A fan in the upper deck threw the first snowball. As Santa hit the south end zone, one turned into ten, then into 100. "When I hit the end zone, and the snowballs started, I was waving my finger at the crowd, saying 'You're not getting anything for Christmas,'" Olivo recalled. "Oh, I got pelted," Olivo says. He remembers being hit by several dozen snowballs, which suggests that many of the upper-deck denizens were more accurate passers than [the Eagles' quarterback]. "I didn't mind," he says. "I started kibitzing with some of the people throwing the snowballs." Still, he had his limits. "When I finished, Mr. Mullen asked if I wanted to do it again the next year," Olivo says. "I told him, 'No way. If it doesn't snow, they'll probably throw beer bottles."

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2012

Fuck youse, R4. Like I didn't go ta St. Aloysius Grade School and get a decent education in Jersey City from da nuns, you piecea shit.

Look it up, cocksuckah.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2012

It's not a party until the cops show up and someone is taken out on a gurney.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2012

R!: One incident with one man in a city and you generalize to the entire city?

This brawl happened due to alcohol intoxification- think of it as a sporting event where drunks get into it all the time.

I would not draw any conclusions about Philadelphia based on this- seems pretty silly. This kind of nonsense, unfortunately happens everywhere (where alcohol flows.) That is the major reason larger bars have bouncers! (Duh.)

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

This was the point I was trying to make.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2012

Just dropping this here.

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2012

Love you, R22.

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2012

Philly's a tough town

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

[quote]Philadelphians are nasty, violent assholes. I hope they all get the shit kicked out of them.

Ooooh, I gotcha. So you hate violent people, but you think an entire city of 1.2 million deserve to get the shit kicked out of them all because precious, fragile Miss Manhattan was verbally accosted? Did you pull out your smelling salts from Duane Reade when that horrific Philadelphian verbally abused you? I thought New Yorkers were tougher than that than to let a flyover hick treat you with such callous disregard.

From your post, r1, you're quite a doozie yourself. I'd really like to know more of the story. What I do know is that you're a snob from New York who can dish but can't take. And I apologize if I've offended any New Yorkers - TRUE New Yorkers, not current residents of New York like r1.

BTW, these wedding parties were both from New Jersey, not Philly. I guess that's something Philadelphia has in common with New York City.

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2012

Every part of New Jersey does not say Joisey & fahgetabout it get fucking educated you moron, yeah you, not yews, know who you are

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2012

I am a native Philadelphian and we are nasty. We just are. I have lived in NYC for 28 years and I find New Yorkers to be in general less nasty than Philadelphians.

My father had a part-time job as a security guard at Franklin Field when he was in college, and he used to tell me the story of Santa Claus being pelted by snowballs.

I also remember the city setting itself on fire the first time the Flyers won the Stanley Cup.

I was in fact once attacked by a man at Yankee Stadium for wearing the wrong jersey (and I'm a woman), but with sports fans in stadiums, I always assume the lowest common denominator.

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2012

So revolted by weddings and the tacky behavior that surrounds them, especially when gay people are deprived of marriage rights. This is just another example of the whole tacky, selfish, self-indulgetnt, het-worshipping wedding culture that's just o-too-precious-and-holy to ever let gay people have equal rights.

Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

When Phillies fans are born they cry "Booo! BOOOOO!!!" instead of "Waaaaah!"

by Anonymousreply 3010/08/2012

they broke my tip jar fuck

by Anonymousreply 3210/08/2012

I love this comment on the thread - Say Yes to the Arrest!

by Anonymousreply 3310/08/2012

33 posts... does this mean 'hard core' is officially over?

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2012

Apparently it left one person dead.

by Anonymousreply 3510/09/2012

How much do hotels generally charge for an open bar package?

by Anonymousreply 3610/09/2012

R1 is ridiculous, judging an entire city by one incident. I'm also a little suspicious of it anyway. There's more to that story, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 3710/09/2012

The person who died suffered from a heart attack, probably agitated by the debacle.

What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2012

This is actually why OPEN bars are not a good idea. People won't usually drink that much if they have to pay, on the other hand, free booze is free booze.

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2012

Straight people should NOT be allowed to marry!

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.