Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Donna Reed Show

I watch this show while getting ready for work. It is not very funny or interesting, yet I can't turn it off.

Do you really think that Donna was giving that hot piece Carl Betz the kind of fucking that he truly deserved? No way, right?

I mean you just knew that Lucy was riding Ricky's big Cuban pinga every chance she got. And even though June seemed a little uptight, I got the feeling that she was throwing the puss on Ward 3 or 4 times a week and blew him on his birthday and Christmas. I just don't see Donna being that adventurous or fun. The sex was probably mechanical, maybe twice a month and she probably didn't let him cum on her tits or on her face. Definitely no backdoor action, like Jane Wyatt and Marcus Welby over on 'Father Knows Best'.

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

You've obviously never seen Donna in her Oscar-winning role as a cheap prostitute in From Here to Eternity (1953). Her scenes opposite Monty Clift sizzled! No one could work a halter strap like Donna.

She and Carl Betz were the very definiton of a sexy suburban couple. There was a reason he maintained his surgery in the rear of their home.

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

I think the only reason Ricky ignored Lucy's craziness was because she was so damned good in bed. Carl Betz really was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

Either MeTV or AntennaTV. One of those.

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

Wait.....Carl was fucking Donna AND me?

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

A DVD set of many of the best episodes came out last year. I bought it but I've only watched a few episodes so far.

It is and was a sweet show but rather repetitive. Donna Reed and Carl Betz were definitely my ideal of parenthood when I was a kid....both incredibly attractive, smart and stylish.

There's a really wonderful extra on the DVD of Shelley Fabares and Paul Peterson together today reminiscing about the old days. Lots of talk about how neither felt they had the talent to sing and yet the mandate came from Donna's husband, who was also the Executive Producer, that they would sing on the show and create some hit records for the teen audience....which they did.

Shelley's Johnny Angel and Paul's She Can't Find her Keys were both Top Ten hits. Jimmy Darren became a semi-regular as Shelley's bf for a few episodes and he sang on the show as well.

I remember owning the LP Teenage Triangle which featured all three of them.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

Their house had the weirdest kitchen. The living room was weird too.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

I see her more as a dominant. She probably used him as an ashtray while wearing five inch heels

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

How many of us that grew up in the 50s and 60s really did believe there were mothers who did the housework and cooked in pearls and high heels like Donna Stone and June Cleaver?

I certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

I love Carl Betz but you all need to know he wore a toupee.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

I just watched the Xmas episode on Hulu. Sigh..... Carl Betz was dreamy. I remember it came on Nick at Nite in the 80s when I was a kid and I always thought how hot Carl was.

by Anonymousreply 1112/18/2012

She Can't Find her Keys was NOT a top ten hit.

Paul had a top ten hit, called My Dad

by Anonymousreply 1212/18/2012

In 'The Meal', wife Dina Merril shoots Carl Betz to death when she finds him in bed with another man from her dinner party.

by Anonymousreply 1312/18/2012

Both Betz and Peterson admitted the emotions here were real. They were very close...and not in THAT way.

by Anonymousreply 1412/18/2012

R8, my thoughts exactly. She was very domineering on that show.

by Anonymousreply 1512/18/2012

At least it seems Betz was allowed to go shirtless on the Donna Reed Show. I guess Robert Young and Hugh Beaumont were too old.

by Anonymousreply 1612/18/2012

I'm surprised they didn't make him shave his chest! Yum.

by Anonymousreply 1712/18/2012

Was Carl Betz fairly well known before he played the dad on The Donna Reed Show?I always thought he was the hottest sitcom dad from that era.

by Anonymousreply 1912/18/2012

MeTV had a mini-marathon of The Donna Reed Show today.

by Anonymousreply 2002/03/2013

[quote]There was a reason he maintained his surgery in the rear of their home.

The surgery wasn't the only thing he was maintaining in the rear.

by Anonymousreply 2102/03/2013

Loved the show.

I was very flattered when, after meeting my parents, my teachers told me my parents reminded them of Dr. & Mrs. Alex Stone.

by Anonymousreply 2202/03/2013

Donna Reed came out against the war in Viet Nam before a lot of other celebs.

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2013

Donna Reed is buried near Natalie Wood.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

They both died too young.

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2013

Paul Petersen turned up on Love, American Style as a young groom embarrassed to learn that his bride and all his in-laws-to-be are nudists (including Charmin's Mr. Whipple who plays his father-in-law.) A misunderstanding leads Paul to assume the wedding will be held in the nude . . .

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2013

Dr. Alex Stone was the sexiest dad in history of television.

by Anonymousreply 2808/23/2013

That 'Love American Style' episode eroticized Mr. Whipple for me.

by Anonymousreply 2908/23/2013

You know that Louise Jefferson owned a whip and a leather harness. She kept George on a very short leash.

by Anonymousreply 3008/23/2013

IN SEARCH OF AMERICA! great movie of the week. What do we know about Carl's personal life. Was there a Mrs. Betz?

by Anonymousreply 3108/23/2013

Carl Betz was just as hot-looking as Tom Selleck. And he had a better speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 3208/23/2013

One of those retro channels needs to show Carl's other series, "Judd for the Defense."

by Anonymousreply 3308/23/2013

Carl was very Hot on Judd for the Defense. His young blond partner on the show was also cute.

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!