Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Most awful Daily Mail headline

I won't link to this story, but I almost gasped when I saw the headline and following bullet points. And then I had to laugh. The stranded couple's rescue is nicely photographed if you dare venture over to the DM site. It's on their UK front page.

[bold]Millionaire gay fathers rescued from the roof of their Range Rover while wearing tuxedos after trying to drive through flooded road[/bold]

Barrie and Tony Drewitt-Barlow have had five children by a surrogate

They drove into a flooded road and became immersed in 5ft of water

Fire crews discovered them on roof in Essex in early hours of today

Tony 'suffering from hypothermia and shock'

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2012

Should I feel bad for laughing?!?

by Anonymousreply 110/08/2012

OP - You missed some of the delicious detail!

Thus far, Barrie and Tony five childen - Aspen, Saffron, Orlando, Jasper and Dallas.

And a sixth child is on the way - a daughter (they particulary wanted another daughter).

Says Barrie:

[quote] "We are going to use Saffron's old wicker crib from Harrods, which cost $7800, and divide one of the $150,000 diamond necklaces she does not wear any more into individual pieces for the babies."

[quote] "Saffron's clothes come from every designer from Gucci and Karen Millen and she has 500 pairs of shoes," Barrie said

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

And more from Barrie:

[quote] If I am honest, I hope my kids don’t turn out gay. Being gay is a constant fight even in today’s society and I don’t want them to have to go through that.

[quote] My mum and dad live with us, so they have a close female role model in my mum, and both our nannies are female. The older three go to a lovely private prep school, Felsted, which has a family, caring atmosphere and there are quite a few children of celebrities among the pupils, so they don’t stand out.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

It's funny. All's forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

Idiots. Too bad the weren't submerged for hours.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

Here is the article, OP is a dick for not linking it.

In addition to being terrible people, this couple made their fortune by testing cosmetic products on animals.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

Aspen? Orlando? Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

What will they name the new child? Miami? Detroit? Frisco?

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

What about their shoes?

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

[quote]OP is a dick for not linking it.

Can't win, can I? I've been called a dick for linking to innocuous DM gossip before and now I'm a dick for not linking to a really homophobic? Whatever you like.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

Ugh, it couldn't have happened to two nicer people!!!

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

Essex Fashion Week???!! Is this a joke?

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

I love you, r12.

People like this are just poison. Throwing their money away on stupid shit, telling their kids that it's terrible to grow up gay, purchasing children as fashion accessories, thinking that an automobile can take on five fucking feet of water just because it's a Ranger Rover. They're dumber than the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

In what way are the facts that they are millionaires or gay so relevant to the story that it is part of the headline?

If it had been a Black couple, would that have been in the headline? How about if they were a Jewish couple.

Gay baiting at its worst.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

[quote] Gay baiting at its worst.

Actually, R14, Tony and Barrie are famous for being gay. Had they been tennis players, tennis might have been in the heading. Had they been austronauts, that might have been in the heading.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2012

Here's the headline I think we'd all rather see:

[bold] Millionaire gay fathers drown in their tuxedos after driving their Range Rover into flood waters.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

It seems like they're famous for being attention-seekers more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

turning off the[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2012

[bold]trying to turn off the bold[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2012

[/bold] So you're not just a homophobe, you're an idiot, too, r16-19.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2012

If you trolldar me, R20, you will see that I am not R16. I got caught in his wake.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

R15, if they are famous, their names should have sufficed.

A famous tennis player doesn't need the phrase 'tennis player' attached to his/her name. People recognize the name as that of the famous tennis star.

The description, 'gay,' was included in order to associate the humiliating situation with gay people in general. And the early posts on this board proved they succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2012

That Saffron is a little heifer. Gucci clothes my ass. They don't make clothes her size.

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2012

Yeah, I feel sorry for Saffron. Don't they have enough money to buy her a private gym, a cook dedicated to her diet, and so on?

I bet she's not nearly as excited about the prospect of another little girl as they are.

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2012

[quote] It took approximately 15 firefighters nearly an hour to rescue them and take them to safety in Chelmsford, Essex

WTF? The water was 3 feet deep and they were about 10 feet from shore. And it took 15 firefighters to do this - including a helicopter? This is pure insanity

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

I'm guessing the once-hot James Gooding hasn't worked as a model for a looong time.

by Anonymousreply 2610/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!