Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Homeland was awesome tonight

I almost had a heart attack when Brodie went into the situation room.

Great show.

by Anonymousreply 1610/15/2012

I don't understand why he became a Muslim. I get the long-term capture and all, but, really, a Marine forsakes his upbringing, country, career, and family for the approval of some Arab guy?

They haven't done a very good job of explaining his motivation.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

They explained it clearly last season, r1. He told Carrie during their weekend getaway that while he was captured, tortured, and isolated, he desperately needed to turn to religion, "but I didn't have a King James Bible handy." Hs captors were always pushing Islam on him, so he converted because it gave him the hope and faith and discipline he needed at the time.

by Anonymousreply 210/08/2012

Don't forget Brody was Nadir's sex toy for all those years, too, and he loved him.

by Anonymousreply 310/08/2012

Sex toy? Did I miss that part?

by Anonymousreply 410/08/2012

He was essentially brainwashed. After being beaten and tortured for a long time, the head guy showed up and was nice to him. Once he was suitably tamed, the head guy put Brody in charge of tutoring his son. He lived well in captivity and after the terrorist's son died in a drone attack, he was returned to he US, hating his country and vowing revenge for this little boy that he loved. He remains brainwashed but is having his doubts that he wants to create more terror and death at home.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

OP, that and Carrie's chase on that roof to escape had me literally on the edge of my couch. I gasped because I realized that I had stopped breathing I was so caught up in it.

And the ending--unbelievable. That ending makes waiting until next week really hard because you don't know what's going to happen next.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

Yes. Loved Carrie's chase. She plays CRAZY really well.

BTW, how does a blackberry work in a defense dept bunker?

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

They should have left Carrie behind.

I find that character beyond annoying. To be fair, though, Carrie would be far less irritating if played by someone other than the facial-tick-ridden, constantly mugging, crazy eyed Claire Danes.

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

I was thinking about that this morning, R7. I suspect that there is no access for security reasons.

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

Brody should have let Abu Nazir be assassinated. I can't stand the VP, he is a colossal asshole. Brody should declare himself Muslim publicly and ruin the VP's chance at the election.

He can always claim he was forced to make the video that Saul found at the end.

The daughter cracked me up when she was imitating Brody praying.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

Brody should kill the VP, not just ruin his chance at election.

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

I have bipolar disorder, which is currently under control. I love this show, but I have to admit it's fairly unnerving watching Claire Danes' performance. She does an excellent job portraying someone dealing with the disease.

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

Did I get it right?

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

The CIA would use Skype to communicate?!?

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

How did carrie know to run back into the woman's apt?

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012

That was another great episode last night (10/14). I've never really been a fan of Claire Danes but I think she'll win another Emmy, and this is only the third episode of the season. Her reaction to seeing the video was brilliant acting.

by Anonymousreply 1610/15/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!