Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No one watching "The Good Wife"?

Two episodes in and no thread? I'm intrigued by the relationship between Kalinda and her hub.

The "bad cop and the viral video" ep was pretty good. Seeing Nathan Lane in a dramatic role is fun. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 38909/30/2013

forgot to set the pvr for tonight....

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

I thought Kalinda was a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

there are some good new twists this season. This is one consistently good show.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

OP, I am right there with you.

The show is superb, and in its 4th season seems to be better than ever.

And that stylish but conservative grey suit she had on toward the end of tonight's episode made her look lovely.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

She looks so much prettier this year than last. Her hair (wig?) is so much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

I've only seen ep 1 and love it.

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

I like Julianna Magulies and some of the show, but there are too many things that have to be overlooked:

-Fat-ass Nathan Lane as the court appointed trustee channeling some quirky Hercule Poirot thing.

-The law firm being spectacularly $70M in the hole because of the "bad economy" (since when did the bad economy start topping law firms?)

-Christine Baranski sucking lemons and trying to look arch and sexy and powerful (in a 1980s woman's power suit sort of way)

-"Eli Gold" as some sort of political mastermind - the nervous, hysterical twit wouldn't have sense enough to pour piss out of a boot, let alone engineer a brilliant campaign strategy

-"Kalinda's" increasingly twisted trail of exes and past dalliances and bad hookups

-Every judge a catalogue of bizarre quirks

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

"toppling" not "topping"

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

Frankly, this show went downhill after the 2nd season.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

Kalinda has the most interesting storyline with the return of her crazy husband and their nearly s/m sexual relationship.

Odd moments like his fingers traveling up her thighs in the ice cream parlor then poking the same fingers into her soft-serve ice cream....which Kalinda continues to lick.

Then she goes back t her FBI girlfriend for some cunnilingus.

With the husband....I think she is keeping him close until she can figure out how to get rid of him....but it is some of the craziest stuff I've seen on broadcast TV.

by Anonymousreply 1110/16/2012

I'd like to know what Kalinda's deal is with her need for danger and violence in her relationships.

I like Nathan Lane in this.

by Anonymousreply 1210/16/2012

Consistently good show with good twists.

Nice to see Nathan Lane doing something other than his usual schtick.

[quote]Every judge a catalogue of bizarre quirks

- I think you are thinking of The Practice?Boston Legal/Ally McBeal.

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2012

I'm watching, OP, and loving this season. I'm looking forward to the return of Jackie (she'll go ballistic if Alicia and Peter reunite, which is seems like they will) and a good story line for Carey.

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2012

Totally agree about Baranski. The epitome of the one-note performer.

And as for Kalinda, the actress has one-and-a-half expressions. And for this she got an Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2012

Julianna Margulies' makeup is waaayyy too heavy. She looks like a painted doll - an old painted doll.

Chris Noth is greasy and slimy.

Kalinda's story does't interest me in one bit. In fact, I'm getting very bored with her character and her bland monotone delivery.

The legal stories are decent, though,

by Anonymousreply 1610/16/2012

I totally agree with you r16. Not loving the Kalinda storyline. They need to make the husband really psycho. We haven't learned anything about his backstory or why she ran away from him. As it stands now, they just play these pseudo S/M headgames that come off as juvenile rather than edgy or scary.Her female relationships are much more interesting. Baranski's face offers up more scares.

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2012

Yep, I'm sick of Kalinda's storyline too, don't know what they're trying to get at and don't care - let her get back to her job.

by Anonymousreply 1810/17/2012

Meeting the man tough girl Kalinda was terrified of kind of took a lot of his threat away. I guess he's more scary to her because she's ambivalent about how she feels about him.

by Anonymousreply 1910/19/2012

Jackie's seeing bugs? Interesting.

I wonder how much more batty she'll get.

by Anonymousreply 2010/22/2012

R8, lots of laws firms have been in trouble/gone out of business since the financial crisis.

by Anonymousreply 2110/22/2012

It's true that Kalinda's story does not make much sense; we know so litte about her husband.

It's impossible to think that Alissa and Cary will share an office very long. That means the Nathan Lane character will not be around much longer...the firm bankrupcy story has gone on too long.

by Anonymousreply 2210/22/2012

I saw the pilot where Chris Noth, a Politician was caught cheating on his wife Julianna Margulies. So fill me in, what's happened so far?

by Anonymousreply 2310/22/2012

Good show last night.

by Anonymousreply 2410/22/2012

I got into the reruns of this show, now I'm catching up on past seasons. I'm about halfway through season two.

I love tv for grownups.

by Anonymousreply 2510/22/2012

I like the show, but would like to see fewer over-the-top judges. Yes, it is funny and likely partly true. But, I believe they have run with it way too much.

by Anonymousreply 2610/22/2012

Kalinda's hubby's nefarious business will save Lockhart Gardner once Will & Diane bite the bullet & take him on as a client. They will then be able to re-open the 27th floor.

by Anonymousreply 2710/22/2012

[quote] I like the show, but would like to see fewer over-the-top judges. Yes, it is funny and likely partly true. But, I believe they have run with it way too much.

This week's wacky judge was brought to you courtesy Brooks Ashmanskas!

by Anonymousreply 2810/22/2012

It's four (or five?) episodes into the the new season with Cary back at Lockhart/Gardner and still no sex scenes for Matt? UNACCEPTABLE.

Meanwhile, with Alicia's usual lesbian lover otherwise engaged (Kalinda), they've brought in Maura Tierney to titillate and tease viewers about a lesbian relationship, but again that will not happen for "the Good Wife".

I see a shark fin on the horizon, and a jump in preparation.

by Anonymousreply 2910/23/2012

So now we have a Driving Miss Jackie component. Could be fun.

by Anonymousreply 3011/04/2012

Becoming contrived and boring.

by Anonymousreply 3111/04/2012

[quote]It's four (or five?) episodes into the the new season with Cary back at Lockhart/Gardner and still no sex scenes for Matt? UNACCEPTABLE.

I'd settle for a boxer briefs scene, at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2012

He really is so cute you want to pick him up and squeeze him.

by Anonymousreply 3311/05/2012

Nathan Lane's interest in Cary might have proved to be sexual, but they will not go there.

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2012

CBS has screwed this show by having it on Sunday evenings. The NFL games always go over making it impossible to DVR.

by Anonymousreply 3511/05/2012

I DVR it every week. I just also DVR the Mentalist too.

by Anonymousreply 3611/05/2012

In the episode last week about the drug dealer - in his skinny jeans and cardigan, Cary looked so.... GAY!

by Anonymousreply 3711/06/2012

What do you think of Maddie Hayes? Was she using Alicia to get information for her run? Or did she really just decide to run after Peter's latest scandal?

Carey looks very (too) thin this year but very hot.

by Anonymousreply 3811/06/2012

Is the Nathan Lane character hot for Cary? What is going on there?

by Anonymousreply 3911/06/2012

I'm really into this season! I've loved them all, but this one seems to keep my attention. But the whole Khalinda / Husband storyline needs to be wrapped up. And it was so nice to see Miriam Shor again. Love her. I hope she'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 4011/07/2012

Maddie Hayes (as written) has the personality of a high-functioning autistic person; how in hell will she get elected? Or maybe she'll be Corzine type, spending all her own money, and then not liking the actual job.

As a plot device, it worries me.

But as the writers' attempt at Carol Hathaway/Abby Lockhart slash fic, it amuses me.

by Anonymousreply 4111/07/2012

OK - the country has spoken and it's Ok to be queer again. Can we get back to Kalinda fucking women already??!

by Anonymousreply 4211/07/2012

R41: In response, Peter Florrick is more convincing as a state's attorney than a candidate for governor. Neither Maddie Hayes nor Florrick have particularly winning personalities...granted Alicia is the center of the show, not the two mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 4311/07/2012

[quote]But the whole Khalinda / Husband storyline needs to be wrapped up.

Agreed, I really hate this aspect of the show. Bores me to tears and her hubby is fugly to boot.

by Anonymousreply 4411/07/2012

I just want Kalinda to kill him and move on.

by Anonymousreply 4511/07/2012

I couldn't stand Mandy's (Miriam Shor) hairstyle-I'm glad she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 4611/07/2012

I'll bet Mandy will come back, a la Wendy Scott-Carr. (And I'm not spoilered).

by Anonymousreply 4711/07/2012

That show is still on?????

by Anonymousreply 4811/07/2012

Hey R47 - according to the current issue of Entertainment Weekly, WSK returns this week!

by Anonymousreply 4911/08/2012

Christina Ricci's on tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5011/11/2012

John Shea is also on tonight, as Nestor Agos, Cary's dad. (Who the fuck is named "Nestor" anyway?)

by Anonymousreply 5111/11/2012

Christina Ricci can't act worth shit.

by Anonymousreply 5211/11/2012

[quote](Who the fuck is named "Nestor" anyway?)

Greeks.

by Anonymousreply 5311/11/2012

Cary's parents seem awful; it's a tribute to him that Cary turned out so well.

The Nathan Lane character is enjoyable. Now that we know about Cary's cold asshole dad, Cary's relationship with Nathan Lane makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 5411/11/2012

Okay, I'm positive I read an online episode preview post that had a few stills from the episode & also said the John Shea character was named Nestor Agos. But in the actual ep tonight he introduced himself as Jeffrey/Geoffrey Agos (I believe). So, whatever.

Also, Christina Ricci's comedian character was not funny *at all.* I didn't even crack a smile. I think it was just bad writing, not necessarily helped or hurt by Ricci's delivery. I'm getting bored with TGW but sticking with it in the hopes it improves again.

by Anonymousreply 5511/11/2012

Ricci was a re-cast; they had Janeane Garofalo in the role and after 2 days she walked out - didn't like the script (the character was too close to her own persona, wouldn't you say?).

Funny seeing Bill Maher as himself.

No WSK this week, but nice to see Renee Goldsberry back - why are they letting Amanda Peet be a recurring character? Unless her presence will connect with Peter and his campaign.

Alan Cumming needs to get that fleshy mole removed from between his brows.

by Anonymousreply 5611/12/2012

I'm sure Garofalo left because the writing of her character sucked. Usually the show is pretty good, except for the side plots with Alan Cumming which tend to be cutsy and not funny and with the sociopathic husband of Kalinda. They've probably heard so many negative comments about it from viewers that they are trying to dial it back as much as they can.

by Anonymousreply 5711/12/2012

Glad Garofalo wasn't in it, she's covered in nasty tats now, gross, wonder if she has hep C.

by Anonymousreply 5811/12/2012

I'm getting tired of unnecessary "quirkiness". There's enough potential in the show to carry its own momentum as serious drama without having to resort to David E. Kelley-like antics.

by Anonymousreply 5911/12/2012

I really enjoyed this last show except for the "comedy"...I thought they were going for a Sarah Silverman character.

The Mandy lesbian story could be good.

by Anonymousreply 6011/13/2012

Ricci had a hard time delivering that kind of comedy. I like her, but that role was out of her zone. Garofalo would have done better.

Agree on the David E. Kelly-isms. The writers need to be careful, or this show will follow a nearly identical trajectory to Boston Legal's. (Mad Cow? Really?)

I appreciate Alan Cumming's character a lot, and the political storylines. Agree on Kalinda's husband. Fine as a little backstory, but he's a one-note character who doesn't fit in. She's more interesting without him around.

Loved the Cary backstory last week. And the twists and turns with Maddie and the election.

by Anonymousreply 6111/18/2012

Alicia's kids aren't as irritating as they once were. Poor Carey. I guess this is Kalinda's husband's swan song.

by Anonymousreply 6211/18/2012

I can't wait until they get rid of Kalinda's husband. What a shitty story arc. I really had conjured up a more exotic and exciting backstory to her when it was revealed she had a husband somewhere. I don't think she'll tolerate Cary getting beaten up.

by Anonymousreply 6311/18/2012

I agree with R63, Kalinda and Cary are friends, and her husband could get her in trouble at her job. She will act very soon to get rid of her husband.

by Anonymousreply 6411/19/2012

The first scene between Cary and the husband had an interesting edge to it - the business about the suit and asking Cary if he was gay. Cary never denied it.

I wonder if the husband will find some way to paint Cary's beating as a gay bashing...

by Anonymousreply 6511/19/2012

Interesting episode. Defeating DOMA. Alicia and Stockard Channing. What fun.

by Anonymousreply 6611/25/2012

Great episode, although it's very difficult to believe Channing is Alicia's mom.

by Anonymousreply 6711/25/2012

I guess Linda Lavin and Elaine Stritch weren't available....

I am loving the hot Yul Vasquez as Jackie's male "companion" and can't wait to see where that goes....

And gay actors Malcolm Gets and Kyle Dean Massey as the gay married couple.

by Anonymousreply 6811/26/2012

I do love this show, mainly for the legal stories, which as a real attorney make me laugh at how accelerated they are and some of the stupid rulings, but it's TV so you have to keep things moving and change things for dramatic license. I always love to see how they get cornered then turn things around--usually at least. Agree that Kalinda's storyline with the husband is a bust. The Christina Ricci episode was the WORST I've ever seen. She was not at all convincing as a comedienne and the storyline was lame. Alicia humping Peter last night made sense. I had sex with me ex for years after I broke up with him. We didn't work together as a couple but man, we had sexual chemistry, so I think that storyline makes sense since she loved Peter before the scandal. This season has been the most uneven to me, with the last two or three episodes just not quite working. But not quite working for this show is a great deal better than most other shows at their best.

by Anonymousreply 6911/26/2012

Peter is annoying and Kalinda's husband needs to go away. Instead they should develop Carey some more and we need more Kalinda.

Last episode wasn't good because of the mother and sex (Alicia and Peter just don't look good as a couple).

by Anonymousreply 7011/27/2012

I don't buy Julianna Margulies as that sexy; think she's trying too hard. She's beautiful especially for 40+ but just sexy IMHO.

I like the show but I have seldom seen a character so competely and totally repellant as Dallas Roberts'.

I'm starting to worry that the Marc Warren (Kalinda's husband) character is going to (a) kill someone - Cary? or (b) GET killed and Kalinda will be blamed. I can see why pepole don't care for the storyline; is rather - out of sync? But he's a great actor (anyone watch "Hustle"?) and one can only hope writers are keeping character around for a reason.

Last episode, I found the daughter and that plot line with the boy, annoying beyond belief and description.

More "Jackie" please1=!

by Anonymousreply 7111/27/2012

I thoroughly agree about what's not working this season: Kalinda's husband, the Grace story with the boy, Christina Ricci ep (ugh) and Dallas Roberts (are we supposed to look forward to his drop-ins, when he's the most dour person in the world -- and, oh, he happens to show up for the gay episode).

I seem to be in the minority on this one but I can't stand Eli. Think Cumming is way over the top, not able to dial back his stage performance for the camera. He's always "acting."

Still, the show remains worth watching, but minus the tension between Will and Alicia, it's not must-see this season.

by Anonymousreply 7211/28/2012

Matt looked insanely hot a few weeks ago when the ep was set on a Saturday and he was wearing some kind of designer black hoodie. That said, he's been overrocking the self-satisfied smirk that says, "I know something that you don't know." It started with the in-with-Nathan-Lane bit but is now threatening to become his only character beat.

by Anonymousreply 7311/28/2012

As to the smirking.., seeing Matt/Carey's father...explains some of his attitude in the series.

...and wow...I did not recognize Malcolm Gets!

by Anonymousreply 7411/28/2012

I think Kalinda needs to go. She owns 1 and 1/2 expressions and always steps in at the last minute with the perfect piece of evidence to save the say. Emmy-winner? Really?

by Anonymousreply 7511/28/2012

Have we ever seen Kalinda kill someone?

Seems like her husband could...

by Anonymousreply 7611/28/2012

R75: You need to watch another show. You are not getting this one.

I agree with the others who say this season is off.

I love how any lawyer can talk at any time to raise an objection for any witness. No judge would allow that.

I thought it was interesting that the firm did not take the high ground on DOMA -- just went for the win for their client.

And that Alicia was complicit in her firm using two perjured testimonies to win for her mom.

Will is a spare part. And Kalinda's husband is from another show. He needs to twirl his mustache and tie her to a railroad track.

by Anonymousreply 7711/28/2012

'I thought it was interesting that the firm did not take the high ground on DOMA -- just went for the win for their client.'

I am not a lawyer, but isn't a lawyer's first duty to the client, not the high road.

What's off is so many guest stars. I suppose Channing as Alicia's mom showed why her daughter is uptight all the time. But, I wonder if the show could have given Channing less air time & still made the point. The show has been very successful in showing Alicia as a very nice person...in fact it's the main reason I keep watching (and for Kalinda and Cary as well).

by Anonymousreply 7811/28/2012

One good thing they've done this season was to minimize the roles of Alicia and Peter's kids.

by Anonymousreply 7911/28/2012

Loved the scene where Alicia finds out who's been googling condoms.

Eli seems to have toned it down a bit.

Two guilty verdicts. What shall we do?

And the most important question . . . did Kalinda kill her unpopular hubby Nick?

by Anonymousreply 8012/02/2012

Totally killed him.

by Anonymousreply 8112/02/2012

I hope Kalinda killed Nick. And I enjoyed the obligatory Krazy Kalinda scene where she drove over the guy and shot open the trunk of the car.

Now can we get Kalinda to kill Alicia's tedious kids?

by Anonymousreply 8212/02/2012

Diane was rocking those sunglasses in that scene with Eli and the DOJ guy at the diner.

She looked just like my Aunt Doris who retired to Boynton Beach, FL a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8312/03/2012

I love Diane. She needs more to do this season, besides staving off bankruptcy.

I loved when they gave her 2 hot love interests.

by Anonymousreply 8412/03/2012

Baranski has been terrific with Nathan Lane this season.

by Anonymousreply 8512/03/2012

Oh yeah, she totally killed him.

Who's betting that his body is found as an end-of-season cliffhanger?

And WHY does the DOJ want Peter Florrick's ass? He's a Democrat. From Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 8612/03/2012

R86,

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a connection to Maura Tierney's character. There's something that woman [the character] that is more pernicious than from what is being revealed so far.

by Anonymousreply 8712/03/2012

So...how did Kalinda kill him and get the body out of the law office?

No, as much as I wished she'd kill him...I think she figured out something else.

Even arranging for another drug dealer to kill him, Kalinda would have to show more regret.

by Anonymousreply 8812/03/2012

Good Wife bump

by Anonymousreply 8901/08/2013

I haven't yet watched the latest episode... sick of Michael J Fox and Martha Plimpton's characters.

by Anonymousreply 9001/08/2013

I like the Nathan Lane storyline, especially this past Sunday. The Peter Florrick for governor part is getting less and less airtime, thank goodness. Peter's wife, on the other hand, is pretty amazing as are Kalinda and Cary.

by Anonymousreply 9101/09/2013

And I love Alan Cumming more every episode. His facial expressions alone on this most recent episode were great.

by Anonymousreply 9201/09/2013

Expect Alan Cumming is very much a supporting player. Eight or nine other actor and actress on the show get more air time each week. But, It is Juliana Margulies' show...an actress who has really come into her own on 'The Good Wife.'

by Anonymousreply 9301/09/2013

I liked the wine sipping scene at the lodge... wish Kalinda had jumped into Alicia's bed and kicked it up a notch!

by Anonymousreply 9401/09/2013

This show is as boring again as it was the first year. Total insomnia cure.

by Anonymousreply 9501/09/2013

Does anyone else suspect (or perhaps know) that JM has had plastic surgery? She claims she hasn't, but I think she's (at the very least) has her nose done. I bring this up because I was watching an old episode of ER the other day and she was not attractive at ALL.

by Anonymousreply 9601/09/2013

I personally think Cumming overacts. He's used to the stage and plays to the back row. It's like he's in a different show.

by Anonymousreply 9701/09/2013

She looks the same to me. Less polished and put together than on The Good Wife. Maybe differences in makeup?

by Anonymousreply 9801/09/2013

Alan Cumming is one of the best things about this show. I love the storylines on local/state politics. They may not be entirely accurate but they're interesting. I tend to like Alan Cumming in general and really enjoy the way he plays Eli Gold. He's funny and clever, my favorites.

He makes up for the annoying Khalinda and Mr. Khalinda story. Of course she'll eventually go on trial for his murder. TGW writers aren't going to just let that one pass them by. After she beats the charges she'll go back to being an ass kicking, wily, lesbian super-detective with very little facial expression. If we're lucky.

I also see a "Jackie wants to marry her nurse" storyline on the way.

by Anonymousreply 9901/09/2013

The political stories are interesting, but except on occasion just touch the surface of the workings of local government. Alan Cumming doesn't have much to do, so his mini-appearances are fun.

I agree the Kalinda and her husband were bad, but otherwise she is one of the best things about the show. I find her much more interesting than most of the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 10101/10/2013

That hotel scene had wonderful sexual tension between Kalinda and Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 10201/10/2013

I came to the show a little late and never caught up. Did Alicia and Kalinda bump pussies at one point? Last night at the lodge Kalinda said something about missing 'this,' and got nervous. Please enlighten me!

I think it's one of the best scripted shows on TV but lately its gayer than the Oscars! I think Christine Baranski is fierce but she needs more to do. And I do think Juliana has had plastic surgery. Can't describe it but she has an altered look similar to Madonna and Courtney Cox, but she looks good.

by Anonymousreply 10301/10/2013

My favorite drama show. Just excellent.

by Anonymousreply 10401/10/2013

This is the scene, r103.

by Anonymousreply 10501/10/2013

Love the show and can't wait to see more TR Knight as Eli's "replacement" (did they fuck in their dressing rooms, do you thin, or did TR hit on Matt Czuchry?)

But I am tired of Michael J. Fox = he's been overused now and needs to go away (although apparently that won't happen, given the bombshell he dropped at the end of this episode).

This week coming up, Carrie Preston returns. Hooray!

Now bring back Martha Plimpton and (God help us) Mamie Gummer, please... and Ana Gasteyer and Jane Alexander as judges.

by Anonymousreply 10601/10/2013

Am I the only one who feels a bit of sexual tension in the scenes between Nathan Lane and Matt Czuchry, especially on Sunday when we found out Matt was helping Nathan prepare for the bar exam (apparently against his will).

by Anonymousreply 10701/10/2013

No, R107, it's clearly there.

Well, if the girls can have Alicia and Kalinda, the boys can have Cary and Nathan.

by Anonymousreply 10801/11/2013

[quote]Last night at the lodge Kalinda said something about missing 'this,' and got nervous. Please enlighten me!

R103, Kalinda slept with Alica's husband (Chris Noth) a few years earlier. Alicia shut Kalinda out when she found out. They had been good friends hence Kalinda's remark about "missing this" meaning their close friendship.

by Anonymousreply 10901/11/2013

R109...what you say is very true.

But I jumped up and squealed when that "the girls in a hotel room miles from anywhere" scene played.

Sexual tension indeed, the writers were so messing with us.

by Anonymousreply 11001/12/2013

I really hope someone puts a bullet in Wendy Scott-Carr's brain.

by Anonymousreply 11101/12/2013

Interesting show tonight. Loved Nathan Lane's bit on the stand. I guess that's it for him. It seems Alicia will accept partnership even though she's miffed and feels manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 11201/27/2013

GREAT episode tonight, best one of the season so far.

Poor Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 11301/27/2013

I stopped watching this show.

Half the fucking time my DVR had The Amazing Race bullshit because fucking football had preempted the schedule

ENOUGH

by Anonymousreply 11401/27/2013

Aliciadoesn't like it when someone tells her she HAS to do something. She was not sincere with Diane at the end. She was basically "fuck you" with all those thank you's. Alicia is going to throw the offer in their face and leave LG to work with Canning.

I think that is the BIG event that JM hinted at in that Australian interview she did recently; she said the writers let her in on a twist they were planning for late in the season (something BIG) because she is also a producer ... apparently none of the other cast are privy to what will happen.

Alicia is leaving LG for a partnership with Canning. mark my word.

That aside, why are they still crediting Tony Scott as executive producer?

by Anonymousreply 11501/27/2013

R115 Please let it not be true that she moves over to Canning. I can't stand him and his smarmy posturing when it suits him. I mean, I get that they practically handed her over to him last night, but ugh...not Michael J. Fox. Please.

by Anonymousreply 11701/28/2013

I'm with r117. I can't stand Michael J Fox in this role and would hate to see Alicia go with Canning's firm.

But ... hasn't Fox announced he's coming back to TV in another comedy? I hope that's so, because it means it wouldn't be so re the Canning issue.

by Anonymousreply 11801/28/2013

Found it - Fox's series has just completed casting for the pilot - he plays a news anchor who left to deal with Parkinson's - Katie Finneran is his sister, Betsy Brandt is his wife, and they have three kids.

It's filming a pilot, but is guaranteed a slot on NBC in the fall, which means he won't be available for Good Wife, which hopefully means goodbye, Canning.

by Anonymousreply 11901/28/2013

I loved that last scene with Diane giving Alicia "advice" (which was really a sugar-coated smackdown/admonition) in Alicia's office. Christine Baranski played that beautifully -- calm, cool, and subtly forceful.

by Anonymousreply 12001/28/2013

I stopped watching.

So fucking sick of pulling it up on my DVR, only to find an episode of The Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 12101/28/2013

Good show last night, not enough Kalinda.

Good Wife episodes play on the Web...if your DVR fucks up.

by Anonymousreply 12201/28/2013

Diane and Will did not come off looking so good last night. They were very sheepish when the truth came out at the trial; later, in Alicia's office, Diane came off as a cold ruthless bitch. This is the second time Diane drew a line with Alicia and bared her claws. That was a great moment in the office when Diane basically said "I can give this to you, and I can take it away". Alicia is naturally rebellious. She will stick it to Diane in the end - and Will.

The show is finally picking up after a very disappointing start this season. They wisely backburnered Kalinda for the time being. She works much better as a supporting character - a little goes a long way with Kalinda. The less you know, the more enticing she is. The attempt to put the spotlight on her this year failed miserably.

Let's have more Alicia at war with the people who butter her bread.

by Anonymousreply 12301/28/2013

Moving it to Sunday, and then fucking up the scheduling every fucking week because CBS can't manage its schedule with football, killed my interest for the show.

by Anonymousreply 12401/28/2013

R121 and R124, I got used to watching it on cbs.com. I thought I would watch Revenge on the un-football-fucked-up ABC, but the show went absolutely mad and unfathomable. It hurt my brain to have to try so hard.

by Anonymousreply 12501/28/2013

Alicia was acting like a child because her feelings were hurt. I like the way Diane told her to stop pouting and suck it up. It might not have been the way she wanted to get a partnership but now that she is a partner, it's still up to Alicia to make the most of it.

by Anonymousreply 12601/28/2013

I love Christine Baranski in this show and agree with R120 and R126--she was so good in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 12701/28/2013

I am surprised that a 4th year associate & the wife of the state's attorney did not know about that huge fee.

If it really is such a big secret, Will and Diane should have told her themselves. And under those circumstances, Alicia would not have been acting like a child.

by Anonymousreply 12801/28/2013

I am usually not a Nathan Lane fan, but he did a great job in his several months on the show. Credit also should go to the writers. He had a nice moment with Cary near the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 12901/28/2013

Same here, R128. The first thing I thought was "I wonder how much she'll have to pay to buy in." I figured she must have known.

by Anonymousreply 13001/28/2013

Michael J. Fox needs to be subtitled.

by Anonymousreply 13101/28/2013

r131 needs a fucking kick in noids.

by Anonymousreply 13201/28/2013

I would like to watch Nathan Lane but if it's on Sunday nights, I'm already busy.

by Anonymousreply 13301/28/2013

I agree that this week's episode was very good. I thought Alicia would have been just a bit suspicious when she was promoted so soon...like when she won the job over Carey because of her connection to Peter. Why do you think she admitted that she was an atheist? I thought she was going to say she was a Christian just to spite Maddie.

by Anonymousreply 13401/28/2013

Maybe the big surprise will be Alicia, Cary and Nathan line starting their own firm with Peter's money.

That would be a shakeup.

by Anonymousreply 13501/28/2013

Apparently, the numbers for lastnight's episode were the lowest ever for the series. Sunday Night Football is seriously affecting the show, but this season's stories are also to blame.

by Anonymousreply 13601/28/2013

I still really like the show. I'm concerned to hear the ratings are dropping. Ugh, why do networks always have to move shows around the schedule? I don't like Revenge on Sun either. These are both weekday shows.

by Anonymousreply 13701/28/2013

One possible explanation for Alicia being so far out of the loop---

She seldom engages in office gossip. That's partly because I believe others dislike her because of her relationship with Will as well as her husband's position. She also is all business at work.

I know it's a weak argument, but it is all I have.

by Anonymousreply 13801/28/2013

I'm not a lawyer and even I knew there was a buy-in for an equity partner.

by Anonymousreply 13901/28/2013

The decline in this show is reflected in the fact this thread is essentially useless.

by Anonymousreply 14001/29/2013

Is the season over? There were no previews for next week's show as there usually are.

by Anonymousreply 14101/29/2013

Julianna M looked gorgeous at the SAG Awards.

by Anonymousreply 14201/29/2013

I missed a few episodes last season. Last I saw it (last season) Will & Alicia were having an affair. By the time I tuned back in they no longer were and I don't recall any mention of how, why, when it ended. Can someone fill me in?

Will's under-eye dark circles are becoming more pronounced this season.

by Anonymousreply 14301/29/2013

Baranski's change of expression was great in the last scene as well. She knows Alicia is smart and knows Alicia will retaliate.

by Anonymousreply 14401/29/2013

I think the show is trying to surprise us with Alicia and Peter's new arrangement in the bedroom. It's a reversal of the man-using-the-woman-for-sexual-whims motif. But it isn't working. It's making Alicia look like she's in deep denial. And it has gone on far too long.

Dropping Will and Alicia's relationship is a bizarre turn for the show. At the beginning of the season, it looked like their past affair being exposed as the new scandal was going to be the story arc for this season, but it was quickly dropped and the twist was that Peter may have fooled around again. It feels like the show has lost focus, and they are relying way too much on returning characters to pivot in pointless court cases.

Stockard Channing's brief appearence as Alicia's long-anticipated mother was a dud.

Michael J. Fox has worn out his welcome as a recurring character who does the same story over and over again.

Nathan Lane's contribution has been boring and inconsequential.

The actor who played Nick was all wrong for the role and the story (the worst yet in GW's run)was too bizarre to follow. Kalinda is not spotlight material - she is more intriguing the less we know of her.

Maura Tierney's character just hovers with no real lasting impact.

Alan Cummings has become tiresome.

Diane and Will do nothing but talk about the firm's future; Cary is nothing but story prop -that episode that dealt with his father was very happenstance.

This is a very bad period in Good Wife's stellar run. I'm wondering if Tony Scott's absence has something to do with it - perhaps he was more a part of the show's success than we ever realized.

by Anonymousreply 14501/29/2013

The Kings, who are very nice people, are focusing on writing a show about post-secondary education (The Good Professor) so TGW has slipped in priority.

by Anonymousreply 14601/29/2013

R145-

I disagree with your observations about the characters played by Nathan Lane, Maura Tierney, Alan Cummings and Matt Czurchy.

I liked Lane's character, and never thought his story arc was boring.

Don't understand your observation about Tierney.

Cummings may be tiresome, but that the whole point.

Czutchy could be used more, but he's had several good story lines in the past.

by Anonymousreply 14701/29/2013

Czuchry is so damned cutesy, he's got the same look on his face, a semi-smile with a "Oh, gosh, I really AM cute, huh?" expression. No depth at all. Just a mannequin. He looks nice in those custom made suits.

Baranski, however, is another story. She showed a sign of Diane on Sunday we haven't quite seen before. She's brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 14801/30/2013

Matt was fine when he had a more complex role in the state's attorney's office. The one thing this show does not need is yet another annoying lawyer. TGW needs Cary and Alicia who both come across as nice, decent people.

by Anonymousreply 14901/30/2013

r121, just watch it on the cbs website.

by Anonymousreply 15001/30/2013

[quote] Is the season over? There were no previews for next week's show as there usually are.

They don't show previews if there's no episode airing the following week. And this Sunday is the Superbowl, so no Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 15102/02/2013

[quote] This is a very bad period in Good Wife's stellar run. I'm wondering if Tony Scott's absence has something to do with it - perhaps he was more a part of the show's success than we ever realized.

No, I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that the show is in a crappy time slot and doesn't air on a regular basis because of it.

by Anonymousreply 15202/02/2013

Last episode was back to where it should be.

by Anonymousreply 15302/06/2013

There's a rumor going around that Peter is the target of an assassination plot but Eli gets shot and killed instead. This frees up Alan Cumming to do Macbeth on Broadway .

by Anonymousreply 15402/13/2013

R154, that is a fascinating rumor! Love to see Cumming do Macbeth on Bway, but I would feel bad if his character were killed off. Although I have read - last season? a couple of critics thinking the Eli character needs its own show.

Does anyone wonder if the show is ever going to "wrap up" what really happened to Kalinda's husband? I'm wondering if she actually killed him; will eventually be caught; tried, whatever...it seems like something of a loose end.

I love the actor, Marc Warren, who played her husband (loved him in "Hustle" a few seasons ago), but I think the storyline went on too long. I wonder sometimes if Margulies and her producer credit are jealous of Archie Panjabi (Kalinda.)

MOre of Peter's mother, please!

by Anonymousreply 15502/14/2013

And Peter's Mother's hot Latin nursemaid/gigolo/boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 15602/14/2013

The Kalinda storyline wrapped up earlier than expected according to the show-runners, because the fans HATED the story and him. It wasn't that the actor was doing a bad job, IMO. It was the writing and the whole domestic violence being played out on both their parts.

by Anonymousreply 15702/18/2013

So last night we saw a different Alicia and really, a different Carey. I did not see Alicia and Will's kiss coming. I thought he'd stomp out. I was interested in the idea of them breaking out with their own partnership but, of course, that would break up cast storylines a lot or make some of the big players pretty much redundant. So I see why they didn't do it.

Still, everything comes so easily to Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 15802/18/2013

Yes, has she really proven herself as such a brilliant lawyer?

And when will Kalinda get a second expression?

by Anonymousreply 15902/18/2013

When will Kalinda get a DECENT storyline - or a decent love interest? Considering she won an Emmy only 2 years ago, it's been downhill ever since for Archie Panjabi.

by Anonymousreply 16002/18/2013

Great episode. Good writing, brilliant acting. Josh Charles and T R Knight were great. Oh yeah, and Carrie Preston. She always makes me smile.

Love this show. It doesn't pander or talk down to its audience.

by Anonymousreply 16102/18/2013

More Kalinda, GW writers! why would you leave a star on the bench week after week?

by Anonymousreply 16202/18/2013

I love THE GOOD WIFE. I thought I'd hate having it air opposite REVENGE, but REVENGE self-destructed, so no conflict. I love Julianna Margulies, though I read in another DL thread that she is "difficult" to say the least, at work.

by Anonymousreply 16302/18/2013

I think it started a bit weak with the Kalinda's husband foolishness, but I think it's been a strong season overall. I still look forward to it weekly and am disappointed when the schedule is interrupted.

by Anonymousreply 16402/18/2013

I'm getting a bit tired of all the guest attorneys (and judges) and their endless quirkiness—Carrie Preston, Michael J. Fox, Martha Plimpton, etc. It borders on the cartoonish.

And Alan Cumming gets hammier every week.

by Anonymousreply 16502/18/2013

I guess Cary will have to marry a candidate for the U.S. Senate to keep up with Alicia. If I was Cary, I would be pissed at Diane and Will AND Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 16602/18/2013

[quote] I'm getting a bit tired of all the guest attorneys (and judges) and their endless quirkiness—Carrie Preston, Michael J. Fox, Martha Plimpton, etc. It borders on the cartoonish.

Has David E. Kelley taken over this show?

by Anonymousreply 16702/18/2013

I think they took a step backward last night. Cary and Alicia were getting a good working relationship and Alicia seemed happy and confident with her relationship with Peter. So now that Alicia has become an equity-partner and Cary did not, the show will probably go back to Cary being bitter against Alicia. I didn't like the kiss between Alicia and Will, I think it's a huge mistake. My crystal ball tells me that Cary will catch Alicia and Will and spill the story to one of Peter's enemies, or to Peter himself.

Agreed, the Kalinda Sharma character has gone only downhill since that Emmy. The plot with her husband was awful, a complete missed opportunity. I liked the story I had cooked up in my head prior to her husband's appearance. In my imagination, I had Kalinda ('Leela') married to a prince from a wealthy Middle Eastern country with questionable political connections. Instead, it was a boring story with an annoying actor with a low-class accent.

by Anonymousreply 16802/18/2013

Alicia should have left with Cary. That would have been interesting. It would have gotten her away from Will.

Cary is going to be Mister Bitter again.

Loved the oddball lawyers dueling with each other....very cute.

by Anonymousreply 16902/18/2013

I agree about the show taking a step backwards last night. If Alicia had said they had to 'promote' Cary also, Will and Diane would have had little choice but to agree. In the near future, there's a good chance Peter will be governor of the state.

by Anonymousreply 17002/19/2013

Kalinda's husband was a flop. Agreed, r168, I too had imagined a Middle Eastern slant to her husband.

If they had to give her a dangerous husband with visa trouble, they could have at least gone Russian. Who is scared of a Brit living in Canada? Two countries where no one has guns. I can't think of two countries Americans fear less.

by Anonymousreply 17102/19/2013

Kyle McLaughlin was a poor casting choice. A rarity for them to misstep like that.

by Anonymousreply 17202/19/2013

Love the show; love all of you! R172 absolutely right: wonder if there was pressure to bring in an actor who wasn't gay and or on Bway (tee-hee!)

R168: agree completely about Alicia and Will's kiss being a mistake. I have NEVER bought those two as a couple.

R160: you are SO right about Archie Panjabi ("Kalinda") and things seeming downhill since the (well-deserved) Emmy.

I think a common thread to some of the problems:

Six words: Julianna. Margulies. Producer. Credit. Jealousy. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 17302/19/2013

I think it's slowly improving. The beginning of the season was losing me, but it's becoming one of my favorites again.

by Anonymousreply 17402/21/2013

When is Alicia's son gonna lose his cherry?

by Anonymousreply 17502/22/2013

I really enjoy Elsbeth. Jackie was great last night, too.

by Anonymousreply 17603/04/2013

I am always a couple of days late...I never watch when it airs I T it and watch on the computer a few days later.

by Anonymousreply 17703/04/2013

The main problem with the Kalinda's husband story (other than poor writing) was that the weird sexual attraction vs. dangerous enmity bit was already done in her relationship with Blake a few seasons back - and that was far more fascinating.

They dropped the ball in a major fail with her husband - he should have been a sophisticated and shady businessman-type. Very bizarre what they did with that.

by Anonymousreply 17803/04/2013

Very good episode. Cary is having trouble adjusting to Alicia new executive position, but so is Alicia. Elsbeth, who can sometimes annoy me, was excellent. I was sorry when the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 17903/04/2013

Cary just needs to get fucked - he's been dancing around Kalinda (and Alicia) for too long. He should just present his hole to Will and get it over with - they would both enjoy it very much and it would mellow both of them out.

by Anonymousreply 18003/04/2013

I liked it too. I always like Elspeth and this ep was no different. The scene with Alicia and Diane was nicely done. Ditto Cary and Alicia.

Also love Eli and Peter. Jackie seems to be doing well with coming to terms with the effects of her stroke. Eli's astonishment when she admitted all that stuff on the stand was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 18103/04/2013

I found my interest in this show dwindling during the current season. It is meandering way too much, focusing on secondary characters: Eli, Elsbeth, the new character played by Kyle McLachlan (groomed to replace Cumming?), etc. The core of the show which is Alicia's troubled relationship with Peter and her interactions with Will, Diane, and Kalinda seem to have become secondary. On the positive side, the storylines involving her kids are largely gone.

by Anonymousreply 18203/04/2013

R181: It was not stated in any way, but I assumed someone told Peter (Alicia perhaps) about his mom's first day in court. Then Peter demanded that Jackie change her story. Just a guess.

R182: Will and Diane were featured prominantly when the Nathan Lane story arc was front and center. It appears that Kalinda and Cary join forces against Alicia next week. I guess I do not find either Will or Diane as interesting as you.

by Anonymousreply 18303/04/2013

183, I don't think that was it. I think in the first questioning, Jackie just went with the flow. Covering. I rewound the ep just to see and it looked that way to me on second look. Then she didn't really change her story so much as admitted she was no longer very with it.

Although if a future ep shows that you were right, I disavow any knowledge of this post. :)

by Anonymousreply 18403/04/2013

I think it's time for Alicia to have a thing with Cary.

Then she can have a scene with Peter -

Peter: Screw Cary Agos!

Alicia: I do.

Peter: So do I.

by Anonymousreply 18503/05/2013

I thought Jackie did it to flex her muscles in front of Eli. Then recanted because she would never hurt her son. It was a "firing across the bow" if you will.

by Anonymousreply 18603/05/2013

Loved seeing Wallace Shawn tonight. And in an evil role. Nice.

So did Cary and Kalinda sleep together? Seemed like it the next day. Hope Cary doesn't go back to being the bad guy. I like how they work together. I wonder if we're ever going to find out about Kalinda's husband mystery.

by Anonymousreply 18703/11/2013

As weeks go by, Matt Czuchry is getting less and less successful at hiding his gayness. Wallace Shawn looked butch next to him!

by Anonymousreply 18803/11/2013

I don't think Cary and Kalinda have slept together yet. She's too much of a tease.

by Anonymousreply 18903/11/2013

R187 I think they did.

by Anonymousreply 19003/11/2013

lol, r188. I remember reading one of those "top ten turn-ons" interview articles with Czuchry and one of his answers was along the lines of "to me, it can be sexier to watch a woman get dressed than to see her with her clothes off..." PING! PING! PING!

Looking forward to John Shea returning as Cary's father for next weeks' episode. The two really do look like they could be biological father and son irl.

by Anonymousreply 19103/11/2013

I just read this show is up for possible cancellation. That's outrageous. Move it back to a decent timeslot. Or maybe it will continue to kick Celebrity Apprentice's butt and survive.

by Anonymousreply 19203/11/2013

It's been "up for possible cancellation" every season it's been on, although I think it's more likely to happen this year than it has in previous years.

Peter is going to win the Governor's race, but the state capital is Springfield so he's going to be away a lot. Not sure what sort of position that puts Alicia in - doesn't the state need a "First Lady"? How will she/they handle that?

Assuming the show is even around next season for them to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 19303/11/2013

r193, FWIW, IL governors spend very little time in Springfield. Their main office is at the Thompson Center in the Loop.

by Anonymousreply 19403/11/2013

I think the show has finally run out of gas and has covered every possible angle. I never used to miss it but I have only watched a few times this year.

by Anonymousreply 19503/11/2013

Coming into the end of its fourth season, it's really left behind its original premise of the "wronged wife" and gone on to become another David E. Kelley-like law firm/courtroom drama. At this point, with its semi-ridiculous plot twists and stunt castings/overly quirky unrealistic characters, it's no better than a third season of "Harry's Law".

It's time to go.

by Anonymousreply 19603/12/2013

R196, that's a rather stretched conclusion. (Harry's Law? Really? Hardly.). There have been a couple of poor casting choices, but this season has also had a lot of good character development, interplay between the established characters and a couple of interesting ongoing plot issues. Granted, it's not been as compelling as last year, but it's still better than 99% of anything else on broadcast TV right now.

Don't be so eager to kill it off. TV shows often have a weaker season or two and then come roaring back (i.e. West Wing).

by Anonymousreply 19703/12/2013

Now that Downton Abbey is over, people will come back.

I have a faint hope for a teacher-pupil thing with Kalinda and the new investigator.

by Anonymousreply 19803/14/2013

Wow. The relationship between Cary and his father is indeed awful...we saw more of it tonight. His dad seems like a complete creep, despite the nice clothes and respectable job. Cary is not a major charcater, so I doubt we shall see much more, and find out what went wrong with his dad.

I am concerned for the show. Tonight was just ok, if that. The big buildup to the Mattie vs. Peter primary ended with a wimper. Same with the end of Eli's assistant. If the ratings are low, tonight did not help.

by Anonymousreply 19903/18/2013

I like the show just fine. I watched it tonight, and every other Sunday it was on this season. It's perfectly entertaining. I don't know what complainers could want.

by Anonymousreply 20003/18/2013

I LOVE this show but R199 was correct.

- the new investigator seems like she wandered off a basic cable like Monk

- the fascinating plot with Cary and his Dad was completely underwritten! A total lost opportunity.

- the central mystery with the morgue court case was very average and routine

- finally the "will Alicia or won't Alicia end up with Will" plot has been done OVER and OVER and OVER. Enough already.

I will say she looked FABULOUS in the red dress, but the 'I got it 60% off comment was REALLY unnecessary and irritating. She is a partner in a law firm AND the potential wife of the governor. No further explanation was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 20103/18/2013

Cary's dad is a narcissist....ate the very least. Cary has learned to distance himself from him, but his dad can still hurt him.

by Anonymousreply 20203/18/2013

This show is OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 20303/18/2013

"I don't know what complainers could want."

To complain, of course.

by Anonymousreply 20403/18/2013

I thought the morgue storyline was fun. Everyone was a fish out of water and for a time, it seemed like their client might have killed her husband. Rene Auberjonois was fun to see (part of the Good Wife's charm are the cool actors they attract or find). Cary navigated his storyline beautifully and I like the energy between Kalinda and the noob.

by Anonymousreply 20503/18/2013

I only saw the last few minutes last night, but I loved the navy wrap dress in the final courtroom scene and the red gown was TDF. Are they finally dressing her better (her clothes are usually too tight -- she keeps tugging at them) because the character is now a partner and can afford it?

by Anonymousreply 20603/18/2013

Not sure, R206. They made a huge point of the dress being priced at 60% off.

by Anonymousreply 20703/18/2013

Well she just spent a huge amount of money on buying the partnership. I figured it was just a nod to that.

by Anonymousreply 20803/18/2013

I thought Juliana looked anorexic in the red dress. Another Hollywood actress starving herself.

by Anonymousreply 20903/18/2013

Show is not as great as was.

Something is missing. I'm losing interest

by Anonymousreply 21003/18/2013

R210, I wonder if what is missing is Chris Noth. I wish he was on every episode; no doubt it is in his contract that he not be - he has a restaurant, right?

Perhaps the show is better when it focuses on him, Alicia, the kids, and Jackie.

Also, FWIW, last night was, I believe, the first episode in a while that WASN't written by the (showrunners) Kings...

by Anonymousreply 21103/18/2013

Alivia DID look too thin in the red dress. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 21203/18/2013

R211 Yes more Chris Noth is definitely needed. Please!

Jackie, I don't like, everytime she shows up I switch the channel.

Focus on the kids are okay, but to a certain degree, like this recent episode. Just a little bit, not too much.

Seems like the show is being "dumbed down"

by Anonymousreply 21303/18/2013

The basic story of the death of a judge in an auto accident just was not interesting, no matter how hard they tried to mix things up (only 3 questions, lack of heat, 5th amendment).

by Anonymousreply 21503/18/2013

Yay, it's Marshall Marshall!

by Anonymousreply 21703/19/2013

who is Marshall Marshall?

by Anonymousreply 21803/19/2013

R216, excellent point!! (did you mean to say, "...little engine..." vis-a-vis a CAR accident?tee-hee.)

Let's not be mean to R213! He/she agreed with me re Chris Noth, so he/she is my little cyber-friend!

!!!

by Anonymousreply 21903/19/2013

For R218

by Anonymousreply 22003/19/2013

R220 glad Fred Weller is working regularly.

by Anonymousreply 22103/19/2013

R216: I take your point. Guess I would have preferred knowing more about Cary and his dad as well as more information about Eli and also Kalinda.

The twists and turns in the judge's death and the insurance settlement were not that interesting & took up a lot of time in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 22203/19/2013

I would like to know more about Cary and his father, too, R222. Sometimes I wish Good Wife were on twice or three times a week, or at least 39 eps per year like they did in the good old days of TV, so they could devote more time to the subsidiary characters. Except for Kalinda's ex-, there's not been a character I didn't want to know more about (well, maybe TR Knight's character, or Jackie).

by Anonymousreply 22303/19/2013

[quote] Sometimes I wish Good Wife were on twice or three times a week, or at least 39 eps

R223 sounds like you need a life/job, you have far too much time on your hands. Get out of the basement fatso

by Anonymousreply 22403/19/2013

Really, R224, you're such a nasty, venomous bitch, I don't know what to say to you. Did it feel good to get that all out? Maybe save you from getting in a road rage incident tonight you would not have survived?

by Anonymousreply 22503/19/2013

Ditto, r223. If you are a devoted fan then of course you want to see more episodes than are the norm these days. Most shows end in early May and don't start again until mid-september. That is four months of re-runs or lame summer replacements. Why does r223 have to be fat or unemployed to be a fan of The Good Wife? I love True Blood and I'm pissed that there will only be ten episodes this season. Then another nine months of waiting. I also love The Big Bang Theory and will watch every episode on TBS and Fox no matter how many times I've seen them.

by Anonymousreply 22603/19/2013

Huge fan of this show. With that said, the dress was fab. She looked like she's starving herself. I could count several protrusions along her upper spinal column and other bones and sinewy muscles. Ick.

Kalinda is turning into a caricature. So it's natural that her sidekick is also a caricature in the other direction. I'm waiting for the tone of them to align with the rest of the show.

Cary and his Dad - this was one of the best written, toxic family relationships I have seen on tv in a LONG time. And considering they did it all in 3 minutes run time total - that's something. I sort of love that we have no fucking idea what the fuck is up with the two of them...and that's probably how Cary feels. And yet he knows to just move forward with taking care of himself. And then I loved the Dad at the elevator, blatantly accusing Cary of lying. Too much.

Peter's win was a major let down. To have that entire story line of Peter vs. Maddie and Alicia vs. Maddie get wrapped up without either Peter or Maddie was just...bad. BAD.

I want that kooky redheaded attorney who is helping Eli to get her own spin off NOW.

by Anonymousreply 22703/19/2013

The last few episodes have been a vast improvement on what has otherwise been a lacklustre season. Am I the only fan of the show who doesn't care for Elsbeth, Michael J. Fox's character, Kyle McLachlan's character, or Kalinda's husband (hopefully gone for good)?

by Anonymousreply 22803/19/2013

The story with Cary's Dad was a nice pickup from last season, when we first met Cary's Dad when Cary, Alicia and Will all went to Washington. This episode just amplified a relationship we were already aware of.

MJFox is getting his own series next season on CBS, so he won't be back on GOOD WIFE anytime soon.

And Maura Tierney isn't through - she'll be back again before this season is over. But TR Knight is gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 22903/20/2013

R229 (and others), I am so glad Michael J. Fox isn't coming back.

I wonder if anyone knows why they had TR wear those black contacts. If it was to distinguish him further from our memories of George, it neither succeeded nor failed, but it made the character look like he was on drugs, particularly during this episode.

by Anonymousreply 23003/20/2013

Squee! r229, tell me that Archie P. is lovely and bisexual. Please.

by Anonymousreply 23103/21/2013

Carrie Preston is amazing as they wacky attorney. She's married to Michael Emerson of Person of Interest, so CBS will certainly try to use her as much as they can.

by Anonymousreply 23203/22/2013

Yes, we have seen Cary's dad before, I agree. But, the relationship is still a mystery, especially the toll, if any, it may have taken on Cary.

by Anonymousreply 23303/22/2013

I don't disagree that Carrie Preston is good as Elsbeth. It's just that a little bit of that character goes a very long way.

by Anonymousreply 23403/22/2013

Bunch of cunty fraus on here!

vomit!

by Anonymousreply 23503/22/2013

John Noble gets a guest shot on The Good Wife and talks a bit about Fringe.

SO COOL!

I hope he gets more work now that Fringe is over. He's such a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 23603/24/2013

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. We don't get to watch it until 9:45 tonight because of March Madness.

Fuck the living shit out of sports.

by Anonymousreply 23703/24/2013

Sorry. He talks about Fringe in the interview. Not the Good Wife. I don't think I was clear.

I don't know if the episode is tonight. I don't think it is. But whenever. It'll be good.

by Anonymousreply 23803/24/2013

How can we watch The Good Wife when it's always delayed due to a fucking sporting event? This show is getting the bum rush from CBS. Move it back to Tuesdays and it might have a chance of staying on the air.

by Anonymousreply 23903/24/2013

I always set my DVR to record The Good Wife for an extra hour, because of sports delays.

by Anonymousreply 24003/24/2013

It was like this all fall because of fucking football, and now basketball is here to piss all over it.

by Anonymousreply 24103/24/2013

Well that was fun. I wish his part had been bigger. In the interview he said they wanted to bring him back as his twin. I'd like that. Nice to hear his real accent.

Loved Peter hitting Chandler.

by Anonymousreply 24203/24/2013

It seems totally like the show is moving towards Cary going off to start his own firm and the season finale cliffhanger will be whether Alicia decides to join him or not.

by Anonymousreply 24303/25/2013

Good show today, though slow in parts.

I like the nice touchs....Kalinda hating to leave the massage therapist, and the little pause when Eli was saying, Alicia the faithful wife who never strayed....and then the lawyer ex-boyfriend walks up.

by Anonymousreply 24403/25/2013

I think they only promoted Alicia to partner so she and Will would be on the same level and could date.

by Anonymousreply 24503/25/2013

Wonder how the show will change if Peter wins. To some degree, it's already been covered by the fact that the givernor spends almost as much time in Chicago. But, what about Alicia's duties as the wife of the governor?

by Anonymousreply 24603/25/2013

Was Diane's decision to take the judgeship or not ever revealed? She was supposed to do it before the end of the party, but that storyline seemed to just disappear halfway thru the episode?

(Baranski looked fab in that blue shimmery gown, BTW)

by Anonymousreply 24703/25/2013

R247, I have it on good authority that the judgeship position will definitely be addressed in future episodes.

by Anonymousreply 24803/25/2013

Fun fact-the massage therapist who Kalinda had to abandon at the bar was played by Julianna Margulies' full-time stand-in Elle Antinoro. She's gorgeous, huh?

CBS announced today that the show's been renewed for a fifth season. This will likely be its last.

by Anonymousreply 24903/27/2013

I hope they bring back Golden Boy. It's the only CBS show I watch besides Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 25003/27/2013

That's iffy, R250. They renewed The Good Wife, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods and some others but not that yet. They're obviously waiting to see how some pilots work out.

by Anonymousreply 25103/27/2013

I thought the most recent episode was truly lousy (and I say that as a fan). Let me get this straight--Alicia is under the impression that her kids might be in real danger (they aren't really, but she doesn't know that) and all she does is casually call the house and suggest they go to grandma's hotel? She doesn't ask Peter or Will or Kalinda to go get them, or send a police car (she's in a police station!). Didn't buy that for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 25203/27/2013

Good point, R252.

by Anonymousreply 25303/28/2013

R252 R253 I took this as a demonstration -- remember "show, don't tell"? -- that she actually does trust her mother.

I guess you two needed something a little more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 25403/28/2013

Well, that told us, R254. (rolls eyes)

by Anonymousreply 25503/28/2013

What a ridiculous expanation r253.

by Anonymousreply 25603/28/2013

At least you're doing better with "show, don't tell," R255.

by Anonymousreply 25703/28/2013

Enough with this tit for tat bullshit. It was stupid of Alicia to foist her kids on her stupid-ass mother if she considered them remotely in danger (and she did). She had far better options but the Kings wanted to find a way to use Stockard Channing again. Period.

by Anonymousreply 25803/28/2013

That drunk Irish guy singing in every police station scene was annoying the first, second, third, fourth and fifth time.

by Anonymousreply 25903/28/2013

[quote]Fun fact-the massage therapist who Kalinda had to abandon at the bar was played by Julianna Margulies' full-time stand-in Elle Antinoro.

How meta can you get? Almost as meta as Carol Hathaway and Abby Lockhart becoming competitors (Maura Tierney, who replaced Julianna Margulies as the female lead of ER).

I actually don't mind the little in-jokes like that, and can't wait to see which of my favorite NY actors makes a guest appearance and in what role.

Since the show will never end with the OTP many fans would like (Kalinda and Alicia, of course), what I'd really like to see is Alicia emulating Hillary and running for (and winning) office. (Spinoff: "The Good Senator"?)

by Anonymousreply 26003/28/2013

So what is the big event that was supposed to happen? Has it already or has it yet to happen?

by Anonymousreply 26103/29/2013

Do you mean Peter's election day? I presume that'll happen on the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 26203/29/2013

Oops, got the name wrong of the Julianna Margulies stand-in/photo double who played Kalinda's potential bed partner-her name is Danielle Sepulveres. Still very meta of them.

by Anonymousreply 26303/31/2013

bad show ,cbs tries to trick people into watching it by running into the mentalist time slot

by Anonymousreply 26403/31/2013

Love the return of Sweeney and his wife-to-be. They're fun. Diane and the cowboy are fun too. The episode really didn't go anywhere, and I still had fun. Liked the twisty trial and the alumni. Like the new investigator. She was funny.

by Anonymousreply 26503/31/2013

"Anal." Loved that.

Poor Laura. It was obvious she made up the guy from the military because she knows about Alicia and Will. Amanda Peet is so damned likeable.

Great Christine Baranski moment when she found out Dad was a snitch.

by Anonymousreply 26603/31/2013

I also enjoyed tonight's show. Glad to see Alicia and Cary get nice new offices. Glad Sweeney is back. Somehow I believe his quirks as opposed to some of the other regular guest stars

by Anonymousreply 26703/31/2013

I continue to love this show, despite its ups and downs.

Tonight was really quite good. It's always fun to see Dylan Baker chewing scenery and perving out. Are they setting up an Alicia and Will reunion? I like the way the way they've done the triangle with Amanda Peets' character. And Alicia has a history of complicated friendships with other women.

But mostly, tonight belonged to the wonderful Diane (Christine Baranski). She manages to be funny and heartbreaking at once.

by Anonymousreply 26803/31/2013

Tonight I loved Diane and the new investigator. Liked Wilicia. Wish they'd get together already.

by Anonymousreply 26903/31/2013

Do I remember correctly: was the character played by Gary____(aaaack - brain fart! played the father in film of Brady Bunch; works a lot; I forget his last name; I'm old!); ANYway, the ballistics expert/BF of Diane - wasn't that character played by AUstralian actor Bryan-something (married to Rachel Ward) last year?

TIA (and sorry for memory lapses.)

by Anonymousreply 27004/01/2013

No, that was a different boyfriend of Diane's, R270. Gary COLE has been the right-wing cowboy bf for Diane on and off since season 1. Bryan Brown's character was a one-off guest shot.

So DID Diane marry him, or did she just say that to scare him off so she can get the judgeship? Their last moment was left very much up in the air.

Looks like Peter & Will face off soon - maybe next week. Only 3 eps left this season. I see Alicia's gay brother makes a token appearance (pun intended) again soon too - there's a useless character.

by Anonymousreply 27104/01/2013

Sweeney's wife-to-be, Isabel, is gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 27204/01/2013

The next Mrs. Sweeney also plays the wife on HOMELAND!

by Anonymousreply 27304/01/2013

what happened to maddy? was she suppose to be a lesbian? the writing is inconsistant. can't stand ely.

by Anonymousreply 27404/01/2013

Josh Charles has one sexy neck.

by Anonymousreply 27504/01/2013

They seem to be working on that.

I also liked that Will couldn't figure out how to say no to Sweeney prying into his private life and Alicia always finds a way.

by Anonymousreply 27604/01/2013

No episode for two weeks, Billy Clyde.

The show wraps today, starts filming their fifth (and most likely final) season in June.

by Anonymousreply 27704/01/2013

No, r262, JM said in an Australian interview that the writers came to her to ask her what she thought of a twist they were going to do; only she knows about. Said it was something big and happening near the end of the season. Has it happened yet?

by Anonymousreply 27804/01/2013

r276, maybe Will is a closet perv and likes the weird erotic interplay with Sweeney.

Something I have always suspected about Will.

by Anonymousreply 27904/01/2013

Hopefully the twist will involve Baranski's and Cumming's characters dying in a fiery bus crash.

by Anonymousreply 28004/01/2013

Wasn't there a rumor that Eli was going to be murdered?

by Anonymousreply 28104/01/2013

The character of Eli is played out and largely useless. Time to kill it off.

by Anonymousreply 28204/01/2013

I agree with the uselessness of Eli. The show has two major characters - Diane and Cary - that need to be developed and given more airtime/story. Eli has had his day in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 28304/01/2013

If Peter wins, Eli can become chief of staff.

by Anonymousreply 28404/01/2013

Bite your tongue, R280. I love them both. Christine Baranski is a national treasure.

R283, when I see Cary, I mentally undress him, and plan things to do to him with his ties, once I have collected several of them.

I do the same with Will. I often think of what we'll do when we're all naked.

by Anonymousreply 28504/01/2013

As I am sure most people know, Josh Charles played a gay student in love with Stephen Baldwin in the film "Threesome."

by Anonymousreply 28604/01/2013

I saw that, R286.

Can you imagine a guy being in love with someone played by JeezyBoy Stephen Baldwin now?

by Anonymousreply 28704/01/2013

I am always amused that in bedroom/sex scenes, Will always keeps his T-shirt on. Does Josh Charles have something to hide? He looks like he's in good shape, and he used to be seen on the show playing a decent game of basketball.

So is it dinner-plate-sized nipples? Or nipples the size of dimes?

These are the only screencaps I could find on-line - they go back to early in Season 1 or 2, and are so dim as to be almost indistinguishable.

by Anonymousreply 28804/01/2013

New investigator, Robyn, played by Jessica Chastain's purported gf, right?

by Anonymousreply 28904/02/2013

I noticd too that Will never does shirtless scenes.

In that threesome film with Lara Flyn Boyle and Stephen Baldwin, there was a scene with the three of them in bed and Josh Charles was massaging Stephen Baldwin's foot. I don't know why I never forgot that.

by Anonymousreply 29004/02/2013

he looks like he might have a teensy-tiny bit of puffy moobage under those otherwise-fine nips, r288.

by Anonymousreply 29104/02/2013

R291, are men usually insecure about moobage? I always found it strange that Josh Charles never goes shirtless as well.

by Anonymousreply 29204/02/2013

Someone on the crew told me that Chris Noth was planning to leave the show and so Peter was going to die a few days after being elected. However Julianna Margulies apparently convinced him to stay so Peter will live on next season. The crew was bummed to hear this because Noth is a complete and utter douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 29304/06/2013

The coming 2013-14 season will be the show's last - that's been decreed by the suits at CBS. So it looks like everyone will be on-board for it, incl. Noth and Cumming. There's also talk about adding Amanda Peet full-time to mix up the Alicia - Will - Peter love triangle.

That's what we've heard in the trailer, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 29404/06/2013

[italic]The Good Wife[/italic] will go beyond five seasons. It's the kind of show that can last close to ten years. As for potential cast changes, the quartet of Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, Christine Baranski, and Josh Charles are most-needed.

by Anonymousreply 29504/07/2013

It might be the kind of show that can go for 10 years, but it's the sort of show whose ratings get it canceled after 2. It's a miracle it was renewed this season, so it seems a no-brainer next season is its last. Ratings.

by Anonymousreply 29604/07/2013

R294, so you're claiming to have the scoop?

by Anonymousreply 29704/07/2013

Low ratings, yes, but it's the only CBS show to get any kind of Emmy attention. Five seasons at least gives them enough episodes in the can for syndication.

by Anonymousreply 29804/07/2013

It's the highest rated scripted drama on regular TV.

That does not include basic or premium cable shows.

by Anonymousreply 29904/07/2013

However many seasons TGW has left, may they not be on Sunday nights any longer. Your sports have pissed all over this poor program, CBS. Please move it away from the urine stream that is sports.

by Anonymousreply 30004/07/2013

Yes, R289. But Jessica is "bearding" right now, which has some fangurls upset. (It could be true for all I know, who am I to say.)

by Anonymousreply 30104/07/2013

R298, the final episode of their season is the 100th and thus ready for a prime deal in syndication.

Next season will probably be its last. That could have been Margulies' pitch to Noth in order to get him to stay.

by Anonymousreply 30204/07/2013

When the NY Times announced CBS prime time renewals, it stated that "The Good Wife" may have been in trouble ratings-wise, but it was by far the networks's most prestige drama. It's possible that the ratings may be the result of the Sunday night slot (often delayed) because sports programing runs long.

But, CBS needs all the prestige shows it can get; I doubt that cancellation after next season is certain.

by Anonymousreply 30304/07/2013

[quote]It's the highest rated scripted drama on regular TV.

Last week, it was below NCIS, NCIS-LA, Castle, Body of Proof, Grey's Anatomy, and Hawaii 5-0. It's even lower if you look at just the 18-49 demo.

Now, if you'd claimed that TGW is the best scripted drama on regular TV, I'd agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 30404/07/2013

interesting........

by Anonymousreply 30504/08/2013

That's Kalinda! Who the hell is Jess Weixler?

by Anonymousreply 30604/08/2013

R306 Jess Weixler plays the new investigator, the blonde.

by Anonymousreply 30704/08/2013

Thanks, R307. I got that but the picture at the link was Archie Panjabi although her name wasn't mentioned at all.

by Anonymousreply 30804/08/2013

They have GOT to rethink this show's timeslot. Sunday nights are killing it.

This was a very difficult season to get through. Storywise, it started off very badly with no real story or character development taking place at all through the year, and it's been the sheer loyalty of its most diehard fans to continue watching it through this year's jumbled scheduling.

If next year is its last (and they should consider going out on top), they have got to pull out all the stops and give us a season worth the trouble of putting up with this year's crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 30904/08/2013

R309, they could start by killing off the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 31004/08/2013

While I don't agree that absolutely [italic]no[/italic] character development has taken place, the plotting has left us in basically the same place we were a year ago, with virtually no motion in the Will-Alicia-Peter triangle, the Cary-Kalinda story. If they hadn't tortured us with the Kalinda's husband mess, and this endless series of corporate takeover bullshit, they could have progressed with the stories the characters were in at the end of the previous season.

Yet, they have done what they have done -- or failed to do -- with a lot of style. I'll continue to watch the show until it's over or they resort to idiot plotting, whichever comes first. (Arguably, "Lockhart Gardner Owes $30M, or $80M, or Whatever Figure It Is This Week" [italic]was[/italic] idiot plotting, but I digress.

by Anonymousreply 31104/08/2013

The character of Alicia has developed...except for the fact that even though she's stated that she's with Peter, she's still pining over Will.

I rather hope Peter does win the election: Kristeva's such a shit, I'd even hate to see him as governor of fictional Illinois. And it could, in fact, open the door to Alica's own political career, which I think they've been edging toward since very early on.

by Anonymousreply 31204/08/2013

Maybe it signifies a dip into idiot plotting, but Alicia's choosing Peter over Will makes no sense to me. It's not there in text or subtext. Every new episode, I think that this will be the episode in which Alicia *finally* comes to her senses and hogs down on Will.

I think NBC's moving GO ON to Thursday might make Matt Perry unavailable for a show that shoots in NY. I've been wrong before, of course, in my predictions of network suit behavior.

by Anonymousreply 31304/08/2013

Mom (Stockard Channing) confronts Will. "Are you in love with my daughter?"

This is getting good.

by Anonymousreply 31404/14/2013

[quote]I think NBC's moving GO ON to Thursday might make Matt Perry unavailable for a show that shoots in NY.

I don't see what one thing has to do with the other. The air date is not the same as the shooting schedule.

by Anonymousreply 31504/14/2013

R315, if Go On comes back next season, I'd think it would be shooting at the same time as next season's Good Wife, only on the other coast.

by Anonymousreply 31604/14/2013

Peter, for all his faults, has more character than Will, IMO.

plus he is the father of her kids.

However, she does have the hots for Will.

The episode where her long-time client essentially gets killed because he has a crush on Alicia, got her thinking about the damage she can do to Will by keeping him hanging around.

New show tonight, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 31704/14/2013

I've been hoping for a Peter and Alicia reconciliation for ages.

I do not get any woman's attraction to Will.

Plus, I think the writers keep presenting Peter as a tougher, more street-wise, manly-man than Will and they have also made it clear in recent episodes that Alicia has a thing for men with that "bad-boy" streak.

Peter and Alicia for me.

by Anonymousreply 31804/14/2013

[quote]I do not get any woman's attraction to Will.

That's because Josh Charles is a man's man, mine.

by Anonymousreply 31904/14/2013

R319: he is soooooo cute there and also very young I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 32004/14/2013

It looks like it's from the Sports Night era, R320. That anyone could prefer Chris Noth to him astonishes me.

by Anonymousreply 32104/14/2013

It looks like tonight's new episode is going to be delayed a half hour or more due to Golf. God damned CBS. They are really fucking over the fans of this show. Not to mention it throws off plans to watch other shows like Mad Men and Game of Thrones after TGW. Some people have to work and can't stay up late to catch repeats of those shows. There is so much shit on tv during the week that I look forward to relaxing with three quality shows on Sunday night. Argggh!

by Anonymousreply 32204/14/2013

R322 Golf? GOLF? [italic]FUCKING GOLF?[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 32304/14/2013

[italic]60 Minutes[/italic] started here, on eastern time, at about 7:55 p.m.

by Anonymousreply 32404/14/2013

Someone said "Suits" was like a sub-par Good Wife. So, liking "Suits" I checked out "The Good Wife" and just thought it was too actory, too fake. Suits, to me, while sometimes implausible, the actors always play it completely straight which makes it very enjoyable for me. Suits really is an excellent show...I miss it!

by Anonymousreply 32504/14/2013

I got an email from CBS: The Good Wife, 9:56 eastern. At least it's nearly on the hour.

by Anonymousreply 32604/14/2013

Big Suits fan here, too.

by Anonymousreply 32704/14/2013

Why do they even pretend that this show is set in Chicago. I think there was an exterior shot of the Plaza tonight. Can't they get footage of the Drake?

by Anonymousreply 32804/14/2013

So, will Anonymous like the Good Wife using them in a ripped from the headlines situation or will they get their revenge?

Anonymous likes kittens. Do they like good TV?

by Anonymousreply 32904/14/2013

Kalinda is part of the Anonymous group?

by Anonymousreply 33004/14/2013

I wasn't sure, R330. At first, I thought so, but then I decided it was proof that doing things the legal way -- the "democratic" way, as Alicia put it to Pete Wendall -- works. But I'm not really sure, and if it's not Kalinda, I'd sure like to know who in the firm is in Anonymous. I hope it won't be dropped, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 33104/14/2013

Seemed to be her r331. Especially after all of the "it has to be from someone on the inside" dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 33204/15/2013

Best show of the season tonight.

I just hope fans were able to see it.

Fuck you CBS. Fix this goddamn problem now and move TGW to another night!

by Anonymousreply 33304/15/2013

That's how I took it. That Kalinda was in Anonymous. Makes sense about how eerily good she is at digging stuff up.

Loved the show last night as well. I hope Cary isn't leaving, unless it means he'll get more airtime. Then I'm fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 33404/15/2013

I think Kalinda isn't a member of anything...except the Alicia fan club. It suited her purposes to use Anonymous to both help Alicia and the girl in jail.

Though they seemed to show her sending the video from a L/G computer, which is a mistake Kalinda wouldn't make (even with an anonymizer).

by Anonymousreply 33504/15/2013

R335 L/G computer?

by Anonymousreply 33604/15/2013

L/G - Lockhart/Gardner.

by Anonymousreply 33704/15/2013

Oh, thank you. "Duh" on my part.

by Anonymousreply 33804/15/2013

"Livin' Good!" ;-)

by Anonymousreply 33904/15/2013

Lesbian Groupie

by Anonymousreply 34004/15/2013

I am not a big fan of big deal judges, who are appointed for life. Diane's encounter last night with her possible future colleague certainly did nothing to change my mind.

And that applies whether it's Earl Warren or Anthony Scalia...although I do have some respect for Warren because of the 9-0 opinion in Brown v. Board of Education.

On the Peter vs. Will dispute, I vote for Will.

by Anonymousreply 34104/15/2013

Surprising though that Kalinda would send those things to the kids. She had to know it would upset Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 34204/16/2013

I don't think Kalinda sent them, I think it was Mr. Bitcoin. Kalinda's WAY too smart to set off Alica's "lioness mom" instincts.

by Anonymousreply 34304/16/2013

I think the messages were sent by an anonymous member and neither Kalinda or bitcoin.

by Anonymousreply 34404/16/2013

Before this show bites the dust can we PLEASE get some Kalinda on Alicia action??? Come on, writers... one wine soaked happy hour that turns into an elevator encounter that winds up on the couch. It's all we ask.

by Anonymousreply 34504/16/2013

TGW's ratings were pretty good (Top 20 and Top 30) when it was on Wednesdays. Why did they ever move it?

Sunday nights are too stacked. I've stopped watching Revenge, though. That show went off the rails this season.

by Anonymousreply 34604/17/2013

Ain't ever going to happen r345, but you can always start some fan fiction on your own blog.

by Anonymousreply 34704/17/2013

I don't understand why Kalinda was sending the material from a company computer. That's too stupid for words if she is Anonymous. That's not Kalinda to be that stupid.

Unless she is framing the new girl? There was that strange little scene where Kalinda looked at the new girl walking through the corridor after she was told there must be a leak in the company.

by Anonymousreply 34804/17/2013

Wow, it'll actually be on time tonight.

by Anonymousreply 34904/21/2013

I know, R349. Can you believe it. Is this because "Boston" canceled sports?

by Anonymousreply 35004/21/2013

I love Kalinda, she is my fav TV character, do we know is she les or bi in real life?

by Anonymousreply 35104/21/2013

R351, I'm pretty sure she's happily married to an Anglo-Indian man but you never know.

by Anonymousreply 35204/21/2013

Wow. Alicia went negative. Of course, Kristeva deserved it, but that's a huge move for her character.

by Anonymousreply 35304/21/2013

Alicia's son is no longer jailbait.

by Anonymousreply 35404/21/2013

Alicia went negative, but not in a particularly likable way. I am surprised voters apparently apparently respnded in a positive manner (according to the polls).

by Anonymousreply 35504/21/2013

So does anyone think Alicia's distaste for the way the assistant's complaints are being handled, coupled with Kalinda's possible defection will lead to Alicia deciding to date Will but leave the firm?

by Anonymousreply 35604/21/2013

Oh! And their sneaky turning her triumph into failure in her latest case.

by Anonymousreply 35704/22/2013

R356, I think they're setting up the future Alicia-Cary-Kalinda business partnership and the Alicia-Will romantic partnership. The minute Peter wins the election, Alicia will move over to Will, regardless of A&P's "reaffirmation" in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 35804/22/2013

(But will Diane get the judgeship? It seems as though she was told to dump Will, and I don't think her ambition would override her relationship with him...and if the legislature is the one who confirms the judges, would that one judge be able to hold it up?)

by Anonymousreply 35904/22/2013

I only watch this show sporadically, because I have a problem when legal dramas are too damned lazy to try to be even remotely realistic. The last episode I watched had Bruce McGill as the high powered gay rights lawyer ready to ditch the interests of his client in a criminal plea deal ostensibly to make a point on appeal regarding DOMA's effect on the marital privilege among same-sex spouses--which is NONE WHATSOEVER. It's simply inexcusable to craft an episode around such an obviously faulty legal premise. I don't expect one hour tv show to be realistic in every respect, but I do expect them to consult with, you know, actual lawyers. If you can't create drama while remaining marginally true to how the law works, you're just a lazy and/or bad writer.

Last night's episode cemented my resolve never to watch this damned show again. Everything about the unionization drama was ridiculous from beginning to end. So, notwithstanding the eye candy of Julianna and Archie, I will pass.

by Anonymousreply 36004/22/2013

Good for you, R360. Now get out of this fucking thread.

by Anonymousreply 36104/22/2013

I am probably in the minority here, but I really like Alicia and Peter as a couple and hope they get back together for the end of the season, whether or not Peter becomes governor.

For the next season, I'd like to see Alicia join Cary and others at a new law firm, leaving Diane and Will behind. I don't understand the appeal Will has for Alicia and I don't like the character, something very shifty and untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 36204/23/2013

The kid who plays Zach is fuckable but not a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 36304/28/2013

Josh Charles is so not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 36404/28/2013

I was really hoping that the person Alicia was waiting for was Kalinda. I know.

Anyway, the table's set for a killer season: does Alicia stay with Peter? (After all, she'll no longer be working with Will?) Or is the move to her own firm so she can date Will without working with him? Will Kalinda stay with Lockhart Gardner or go with Alicia/Cary?

Will Diane get the Supreme Court Judgeship?

Did Peter steal the election? Will we find this out?

by Anonymousreply 36504/28/2013

I'd like to see Cary fuck Zach.

by Anonymousreply 36604/28/2013

I'd like to see Cary fuck me.

Zach, too.

by Anonymousreply 36704/28/2013

Josh Charles' nose keeps growing longer every season. He's starting to look like Remy's father in Ratatouille.

by Anonymousreply 36804/29/2013

I love Josh Charles, but whoever did the lighting for the courtroom scenes in last night's episode should be fired. He looked like a Bond villain.

by Anonymousreply 36904/29/2013

Kalinda looked so deliciously lovely last night... and Cary was a cheap bastard who wouldn't cough up the $$ to keep her (Good luck with the newbie) #stupidmove#

by Anonymousreply 37004/29/2013

[quote]Alicia's son is no longer jailbait.

That boy is going to be a very hot 30-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 37104/30/2013

R369, He looked like shit (serious bags under his eyes), but I figured it was because he, along with Alicia, Diane, and the opposing attorney, hadn't had any sleep.

by Anonymousreply 37204/30/2013

She's made a step on her own. Perhaps she's going to turn down both.

Plus, Will may not like her defection. It could get in their way.

Alicia may be alone next season.

by Anonymousreply 37304/30/2013

[quote}Did Peter steal the election? Will we find this out?

We already did. Eli said to Peter that the margin Peter won by was so huge that they didn't need to fight for the 32,000 contested ballots (although by that point, they had). So even if they get thrown out later, he's still the winner.

by Anonymousreply 37404/30/2013

I thought it was implied that Peter did steal the election. The votes that were counted after the court case were fraudulent and he also won by a huge margin. Therefore there was the possibility that other polling booths were tampered with? That's the impression I got.

by Anonymousreply 37504/30/2013

It may not have counted, but that doesn't mean they didn't try. The guy who did it seems to take his orders from Eli.

I wonder if Will will tell Alicia. Or if Kalinda will.

It would also be interesting if Christiva did this, because he had more accurate polling numbers, and accuse Peter after the fact. Kind of a reverse polling situation with O and Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 37604/30/2013

I agree with R374, it also doesn't make sense to continue that story line into next season. The show already has multiple other conflicts ready for next Sept./Oct.

by Anonymousreply 37704/30/2013

Ok, thanks for telling us, r360. Bye-bye.

by Anonymousreply 37804/30/2013

Good article about this season and a little bit of next season.

Next season Matt Czuchry is going to be "kicking ass'

by Anonymousreply 37905/05/2013

Liked that R379. Interesting info. I'm sad it's not on tonight. Can't wait for next year.

by Anonymousreply 38005/05/2013

Years ago I was indirectly involved with the off-Broadway play at Lincoln Center in NYC called "Ten Unknowns" with Donald Sutherland, Justin Kirk, Denis O'Hare and Julianna Margulies. She was very good, but did not have a major role. I would have predicted stardom for Kirk, not Margulies.

I am thrilled to be so wrong. Every week I am amazed at her growth as an actress, and as a person. Margulies already has a long list of NY stage roles to her credit before "Ten Unknowns." Her prior life on stage may not have been mentioned here before.

The play was a hit, but did not transfer to Broadway only because Sutherland had a prior commitment that become real at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 38105/05/2013

Bump for season premiere: starting right where it left off, with Alicia deciding to form her own firm with Cary.

The case of the episode was nicely done, I thought. And there was Molly Price (don't like her in blonde hair...preferred her Third Watch look).

Peter's HAPPY Alicia's forming her own firm (or is it that she's getting away from Will?)

I'll watch Breaking Bad one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 38209/29/2013

The season premiere was OK, not great. Alicia and Carey have zero charisma together so I'm not looking forward to them being paired up in any capacity.

by Anonymousreply 38309/30/2013

I binge watched all of the seasons when they because available on Hulu a while ago--unemployed so have some free time.

I was hoping the season would start with them leaving, but I guess we have to wait,

by Anonymousreply 38409/30/2013

Alicia's son is growing into a fine looking man.

by Anonymousreply 38509/30/2013

Why are you using last year's thread at the start of a new season? It's at almost 400 posts already. Do you think The Good Wife won't get more than 200 posts this whole season?

Odd. It's not as if bandwidth is scarce.

by Anonymousreply 38609/30/2013

R385, Graham Phillips is now also studying at Princeton in addition to TGW.

by Anonymousreply 38709/30/2013

Well, I can start a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 38809/30/2013

Here's a thread for this season:

by Anonymousreply 38909/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.