Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Biden vs. Ryan

Biden didn't manage to beat down Sarah Palin, of all easy targets. I wouldn't say he was hammered by her, or even that she won, but he was disappointing last time he debated. How will he do against Ryan this Thursday night?

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2012

Beating down Palin would have turned her into an object of sympathy, so he was smart not to hit her hard. He had to be careful.

With Ryan, he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

It's been reported that Biden was advised not to go too hard on her since she was a woman and since she was already going down at the time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

First thing Joe is going to do is teat off his shirt a la Hulk Hogan and then do push-ups on the debate floor.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

He seemed to be being a gentleman with her. I thought he did it brilliantly. That said, I'm nervous that he'll think he needs to save the day.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

See above, had Biden been very strong against Palin it would not have redounded well to him. The gloves were on.

It is a very different thing with Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 510/08/2012

Ryan has a face meant for punching.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

Biden is going to be a disaster. This is really going to hurt Obama in the polls, since this will be 2 for 2.

All chips are in for the Obama/Romney town hall debate. That one can't come soon enough!

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

Re 9

Biden is a much stronger debater then Obama. Plus he has that unique quality that allows him to go at the throat with a smile on his face. Ryan is a smug son of a bitch which unlike Palin (who as others noted he was gentle with in order to not garner sympathy) is fair game to go at 100%. Couple that with the fact that Biden almost always gets a pass on his gaffs due to his regular guy persona and general likability by both parties and I think it will be a bloodbath for ryan.

I actually think the more dangerous person for the main candidate is ryan. He is like a pit bull chained up. He wants to speak HIS message. He has wanted to take control of the Romney message and if Biden pokes him enough he may just let the real him fly. If he goes back hard right Romney may be even more vulnerable in the next presidential debate.

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

God i would love if he did this.

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

Lyin' Ryan ran away with his tail between his legs today when a reporter asked him a question he didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

R10, if I were Ryan I wouldn't even show up for the debate; Uncle Joe's gonna whip him like a red-headed stepchild.

And President Obama an "intellectual lightweight?" Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

Let's stop making predictions that one person is going to cream the other. Usually these things end in a draw.

by Anonymousreply 1310/09/2012

[quote]Biden is an intellectual lightweight and empty suit just like the Pres. Ryan will make him look stupid without even trying.

As Bill Maher said: Paul Ryan is considered the smartest guy and Palin is considered the stupidest -- yet they agree on pretty much everything.

You're a jackass because only a jackass would think Ryan could win. He is just as full of shit as the rest of the GOP. What exactly could he defend or attack Obama on? The 700B+ cuts from Medicare?

People like you just say shit sans the examples.

by Anonymousreply 1410/09/2012

[italic]Re 9

Biden is a much stronger debater then Obama.[/italic]

Oh, dear x2!

by Anonymousreply 1510/09/2012

Ryan will come out as aggressively as Romney, attempting to steamroll the moderator. Biden will say something dumb. When it is over, the Repubs will be in the lead. Obama will be under immense pressure to rebound, but his first effort will be the one people will remember.

by Anonymousreply 1610/09/2012

Biden is a loose cannon. He usually misspeaks something at least once a week.

This debate is not going to be pretty.

Keep your finger on the mute button if you don't want to cringe!

by Anonymousreply 1710/09/2012

Joe is going to ask Ryan if Ryan thinks war veterans SUCH AS BIDEN'S SON are moochers.

by Anonymousreply 1810/09/2012

Biden is an excellent debater. His many recorded gaffs occur in other settings. He did fine against Palin who debated well because her rote rehearsal allowed her to parrot the answers.

Biden is not an intellectual lightweight. That is simply untrue.

by Anonymousreply 1910/09/2012

Ryan is very weasely in his physical appearance and his demeanor. He is not a great orator and is used to having bouncers closeby to eject naysayers from the crowds at his faux "townhall meetings". He WON'T be able to eject Biden in the debate and he will get visibly annoyed/nervous.

The KEY to this coming off without a hitch is having a good moderator who doesn't let the GOP shitstain walk all over him. How can you have a debate when there are no guidelines? Last week was a farce.

by Anonymousreply 2010/09/2012

Now that Ryan knows the media won't call him on his lies, it will be even more of a bullshit fiesta. That said, Biden will be ready and can smack him down.

by Anonymousreply 2110/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!