Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lacks Enterprises CEO Threatens Paycut If Employees Vote For Obama

October 7, 2012

Last week, a letter from the CEO of Lacks Enterprises to his employees came to light. The contents of this letter were quite distressing to the employees. He encouraged his employees to vote against Obama or else they would witness their paychecks being cut.

He cited several reasons for this;

-His decision to pass along health care costs to the employees

-Implied that future bonuses would be cut to pay for “additional tax increases”

-and “It is important that in November you vote to improve your standard of living and that will be through smaller government and less government”

What Mr Lacks left out was that the “additional tax increases” would not need to be paid unless he chose to extract them from the company for CEO bonuses, as taxes are on money not invested into the company. He also seemed to have missed what it is that his company actually does:

Yes, Lacks Enterprises makes automobile parts! Of course, Mr Lacks claims that the auto bailout had nothing to do with his companies 3 years of straight growth, stating “We survived because of our business model and the money we have in the bank to survive these downturns.”

Lacks Enterprises counts as its customers such entities as General Motors, making trim pieces for vehicles as diverse as the Buick Regal and Chevy Volt. Without the bailout, Lacks Enterprises would have lost a huge portion of its income, and the Volt would never have hit the market without the large government incentive, which paid for Lacks Enterprises development of the components they now supply for the vehicle. They did not survive due to their business model, they would have had no business at all. The US facilities for other companies, such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, also Lacks Enterprises customers, would have shut down without the bailout as well, cutting off his good fortune.

by Anonymousreply 3310/09/2012

How would he know who they voted for?

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

He wouldn't. But if Obama wins, he can use it as an excuse to carry out his plan to screw his employees.

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

Him and his 'reasons' are reason enough to vote for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

Wow. That man is scum. How can he sleep at night when he acts this way?

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

I guess he's creating an atmosphere of intimidation

He may not be able to know for sure how they all voted, but it sure sends a message out to his employees about what may happen if you are overheard saying you voted for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 610/08/2012

This is what America has become. Peoples' lives are controlled by their employers. What kind of freedom is that?

by Anonymousreply 710/08/2012

He'll be fired by the end of the week.

by Anonymousreply 810/08/2012

How positively 19th century of him!

by Anonymousreply 910/08/2012

I see Lacks Enterprises getting a lot of email and phone calls in the very near future.

by Anonymousreply 1010/08/2012

The board should fire him for that kind of comment.

by Anonymousreply 1110/08/2012

Is this being reported elsewhere or just online?

by Anonymousreply 1210/08/2012

Welcome to The Corporation Of America. You have now seen the future.

by Anonymousreply 1310/08/2012

No employer is any position to tell any employee how to handle his voting.

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2012

Duh, but what are you going to do about it? Nothing, he'll claim he is exercising his freedom of speech and just telling the truth about what will happen if Obama wins. The Corporations win.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2012

exactly r15. there is no recourse for the employees besides quitting.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

Well, R16, the employer is not going in the booth at the same time the vote is being cast. So, the employees can disregard the employer and vote President Obama for re-election.

What is an employer going to do? Go into all precincts of applicable congressional districts' cities, investigate how the vote went down, and decipher that there were so many employees who didn't follow through on the employer's demands?

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

At least with the Democrats, there is a nudge of conscience, versus That of the completely immoral Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2012

r18 is insane.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2012

I recall something about a CEO, if forced into cutbacks, who would first CEfire people with pro-Obama bumper stickers.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

[quote]I see Lacks Enterprises getting a lot of email and phone calls in the very near future.

I sent an email to their PR department asking what is wrong with their CEO. I asked them if he had a personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2012

This should be illegal, but I'm sure conservatives consider it "free speech"

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2012

He is entitled to his opinion and he is certainly entitled to express his opinion. However, what he is not entitled to do is intimidate voters. I would hope that the Justice Department or the state prosecutor is looking into whether his comments are protected speech or they cross the line and thus are a violation of the law.

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2012

I hope Rachel mocks him mercilessly.

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

tax abatements for Lacks!

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2012

32million for only 120 jobs? What a joke. R26.

Michigan of course, Republicans out of control, feeding at the government trough!

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2012

Most people don't differentiate business from personal emails. With a simple key word search your employer can determine political bias of their employees by the emails they send and receive. Even if you use your personal email if you send and receive through their server your mail can be scanned. If your company uses voice over internet for it phone service that can all be scanned as well. There is no privacy at work.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

Don't the have laws for vote tampering?

by Anonymousreply 3010/08/2012

or voter intimidation?

by Anonymousreply 3110/08/2012

I love it.

R28 at least sees how these "targeted tax breaks" go to the big boys who donate lots of money to the parasites in congress, but blames it ALL on Republicans. CLUE- both parties do it, all the time.

R29 sees that the mixing of politics and business is bad, but can't see that the fact that if a Democrat said the same thing it is just as bad. Isn't government supposed to protect our rights? Well, Obama has been just as bad as Bush in making it easier for spying to be considered just and legal.

R30, if voting changed anything they would make it illegal, or pull a JFK.

by Anonymousreply 3210/08/2012

Another is proudly doing it too. Thought voter intimidation is illegal.

by Anonymousreply 3310/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!