Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Facebook drama

There's a woman I'm friends with on facebook who disrupts so many conversations on my page and is a know-it-all and also sometimes oddly unpleasant. With the old settings on facebook it was easy to block her so she couldn't read the news on my page (while I still didn't have to embarrass her by de-friending her), but the way things are now I don;t know how to hide my news feed from her anymore unless I de-friend her.

We have many friends in common and I don't want to de-friend her (because it would mebarrass her), but her constant running commentary on my page is a pain in the ass. She means to be witty and snarky, but just comes off instead as hostile and inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

Just set your default settings to show posts to everyone "except" her. It's really easy. I do it.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

Post something she wrote

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

LOL I know the feeling, OP. But my situation was slightly different.

There's someone I know who would, without fail, intervene on every convo I'd be having on FB, and she'd also be the very first person to respond to anything I posted in my status. She even friended one of MY friends. She had no clue who the person was, but friended him anyway after butting into one of my conversations with him. It got to the point where everyone I know noticed it, too.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

There was a guy who went to college with my wife who friended me (as did HIS wife), and I thought, okay, they're just friendly Midwesterners, but the husband commented on pretty much everything I said, and sometimes made pointless responses. (She also made some comments I thought were a bit out-of-line, borderline flirtatious). And it was getting on my nerves. So I unfriended him and her...and he kept commenting, and I realized he'd "subscribed" to my feed (which I still han't exactly figured out). So I blocked him AFTER unfriending him.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

dang

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.