Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ebay is DOA ....

.... why 'bid' on an auction when you can buy it outright (usually pretty cheaply) on Amazon marketplace.

What other sites did you use that have now gone the way of the horse & buggy.

I used buy.com and deepdiscount.com, but haven't bought anything there in ages.

Amazon really did manage to monopolize the online shopping experience.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2012

Sometimes things can be a better buy on eBay. Other times, Amazon has a better price. It only takes a few seconds to compare the costs.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

I used ebay for a long time. But then they started calling me, asking for my personal things, my credit card, things came broken, when I sold things, there were false disputes and things were returned damaged, my money were held on paypal.

Ebay isn't cheap at all. They gave the smaller business a run. Now if you go there, their fucking prices are way to high. Only idiots still use that site.

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

OP, it's pretty much hopeless to go shopping on Ebay for things you can buy in the supermarket. But there are a host of things you cant, and, if you want them, usually Ebay offers a really good way to find what you're looking for. I've bought dozens of things on Ebay, ranging from a shoe last (my first purchase) to an unusual bouquet of 1930s Czech glass flowers. You won't find those on Amazon.com.

The main virtue of Ebay is that it moves goods around within a sort of international flea market, where price is often hard to determine except through auctions.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

I found my huaraches on eBay last spring

So far three guys have stopped me to ask where I got them.

Huaraches are hard to find in the hinterlands.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

I still buy things there from time to time. But I never get in a bidding war anymore. Those days are over for me.

I hate the "make an offer" option.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

Ebay is great for buyers who want to add stuff to their personal collections, but it is true hell for sellers, because the (private) seller is stuck with all the fees and all the restrictions that really makes the ebay selling experience a nightmare.

Ebay: You didn't sell your item? Sucks to be you, pay us anyway!

Ebay: The delivery costs are too high? Sucks to be you, pay them out of your own pocket!

Ebay: Buyer isn't satisfied? Sucks to be you, send the money back or don't send it back, we don't care (it's YOUR feedback rating after all).

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

There are certain thing I still buy on ebay because they aren't offered on amazon...Life Magazine and old yearbooks, both of which I collect, I get on ebay. I get them very cheap. Just bought some Life mags for a dollar each including postage.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2012

Ever hear of "Buy It Now" on eBay? It's quite popular. You don't HAVE to bid on auctions.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012

Not every item has a buy it now option, jackhole.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2012

OP, like others have said, Ebay has the "buy it now" feature. Some items even only have "buy it now" without the bidding option at all.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2012

Most do. Stop your bitching.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.