Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Restaurants That Serve Mashed Potatoes Without Garlic

Do any exist? Since the 1990s, it seems you can only get garlic mashed potatoes in restaurants. I don't know what the big deal is with the garlic. It's ok, but sometimes you want plain mashed potatoes with a pool of melted butter on top.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2012

That is silly OP. Real, garlic-free mashed potatoes are available in restaurants throughout NYC.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

Yeah, OP, I don't think this is a genuine problem. Have you been going to the same 3 restaurants for a decade?

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

IMO restaurants are way too light with the garlic. Garlic is what makes food.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

Nothing beats creamy whipped mashed potatoes and gravy. Not everyone likes garlic or cauliflower mashed potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

Try any Denny's or Greek diner anywhere in America, OP.

Or Howard Johnson's or the lunch counter at your local Woolworth's.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

I don't like that they invariable have a ton of butter or cream. Blech. I tend to avoid restaurant dishes that serve them because i know i'll have that too-much-butter indigestiony feeling.

I like mashed potatoes on the dry side. A little milk, butter, white pepper and salt. They should still taste like potato.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

The lunch counter at his local Woolworths? Maybe O.P. isn't allowed to eat there as perhaps he is colored. Did you ever think of that? after all, apparently you are from 1957. There ARE NO Woolworth's with or without lunch counters.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2012

R7 needs his taters with a side of irony.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012

OP is a moron but r1 is an even bigger moron.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2012

A great alternative to mashed potatoes, whether made with garlic or without, is available in Greek restaurants. Every one of them I've been in offer baked potatoes with lemon. Really, give it a try. YUM!

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.