Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

RNC Chair: ‘Don’t know if we’re going to match’ Obama fundraising haul

10/07/12 09:48 AM ET

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said Sunday that he was unsure if the GOP and Romney team could match the record September fundraising haul announced by the Obama campaign.

“I don’t know if we’re going to match it, but it is an impressive number,” said Priebus on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

On Saturday, the Obama campaign announced that their combined efforts with the Democratic National Convention had netted $181 million last month. The total sets a new monthly record for the 2012 campaign, topping the Obama August haul of $114 million. Obama topped Romney’s $111.6 million that month after the GOP challenger bested Obama in the money game for three straight months.

Asked if the campaign was “close” to the September figure, Priebus responded “I can’t tell you that right now. “

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

What's most important about Obama's fundraising haul is the breadth of it. Millions and millions of people with small contributions.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

Right R1, which translates into millions of votes. But the MSM doesn't want to highlight that angle, because they are too invested in promoting the horse-race.

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

I always think of that guy as Prince Riebus.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

Where's all the billionaires that don't want to pay taxes?

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!