Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyoncé live

Can't sing to save her life.

She's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 4410/11/2012

I think her vocals are sped-up in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

She sounds fine, considering she is running her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

R2, you can say a lot of things about her, but she is definitely not a thug. She's as close as you can get to white bread and still be Black.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

Almost all records in the pop industry have "sped up" vocals to make the singer sound more youthful. Madonna's sales starting tanking when she insisting on using her natural voice on recordings. Compare her voice on "Vogue" to "Girl Gone Wild." It's just the sound that radio and fans like. Britney didn't sell a ton of her last CD, but enough to consider it a success - if you listen, her voices are pitched way up. The Beatles sped up their vocals, a lot of other classic bands. Beyonce shouldn't be slammed for speeding up her vocals.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

[quote]I think her vocals are sped-up in the studio.

What vocals? She grunts, huffs and can barely sing a verse without pausing. And she blacked out in one bit, completely forgetting the lyrics. And when she does sing her voice is strained.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

Beyonce won 16 Grammy awards.

Led Zeppelin won 1 Grammy award.

Welcome to the decline of the USA!

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2012

That's really an awful performance. One must wonder, what kind of idiot in that audience claps and cheers to that.

That, and the video of Madge live at Tower Records, and Kathy Perry singing live during some TV show, are proof that you need not know how to sing to be a singer in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012

What is really interesting is that she didn't even sing that much of the song. Crazy In Love is mostly the playback of the song toward the end. People are really just paying to watch someone they allow to be famous strut around on a stage and pretend to sing or only half sing and a light show. Not gonna drag myself out with an arena full of people to pay for that. Waste of time and money.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2012

I think she has a lovely face and that's it. I saw that Single Ladies video and was appalled. I'd never heard her singing before and it was horrible. Not even melodic, just a cacophony of noise.

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2012

I have seen her live and up close singing and she is fine. When are you yokels going to learn that pop songs are never just about singing? She has a voice and can to runs and is a consumate performer.

And Beyonce is not a thug, she is country. There is a difference, but you twisters on this thread wouldn't know that.

I will always give her major kudos for singing all of the nominated songs at the Oscars in 2005. For a relatively young talent at the time to go up on such a global stage and perform speaks volumes.

And anyone who says she can't sing is just being stupid. She is no Kathleen Battle, but she has a nice voice and knows how to sing. This is just one performance from the 2005 Oscars. Of course you all will tear it apart, but it's proof that she's just not a studio singer.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2012

R13 typically avoids saying anything about the linked video in which she's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2012

at least she didn't vomit on stage

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2012

Christ, that was boring. I don't get all the love for Jay Z. Tupac, Biggie and Nas were/are infinately more talented. The only Jay Z song I ever liked was the first one he did with Foxy Brown. The Single Ladies video makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. She is in dire need of a new choreographer. She would never win Dancing With The Stars.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2012

She's OK- she's Diana Ross c. 2012.

There are others much worse. And of course a few much better-

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2012

R17, all the love for Jay-Z has to do with his business acumen. Back when he started, Black rappers were being signed to music contracts and making no money for themselves. Plus, it was very difficult to even get in the door. He started his own recording company, scouted young performers and signed them and made boatloads of money in the process. Between giving young artists an opportunity and getting very wealthy in his own company, he has a lot of fans.

His teachers all talk about how bright he was in school. He had a very impoverished early life, but was smart enough to make a go of it by watching what successful people did and then doing it for himself. I think he was initially in the drug trade and wisely moved on.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2012

By love, I meant love for his music, not the man r19. I watched some of his "concert" on streaming video live and I turned it off after ten minutes. If he really wanted to do something big for Brooklyn that show would have featured, Kanye, Rhianna and a couple of new rappers to open the show. Eight shows with no one else on the bill were over the top. Notice I didn't include Beyonce in that line up. Alicia Keyes, hell yeah. What I wouldn't give to have seen Biggie break in the Barclays.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2012

The OP's link has already been pulled. Can anyone find it elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2012

Go to You Tube and do a search for JayZ . It will be one of the videos labled Live at Barclays Center.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2012

R10, why don't you go back to your double-wide and impregnate your sister - AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2012

Here, R21

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2012

he ugly, he ugly, his mama say he ugly!

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2012

I'm sorry, but she's horrid.

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2012

She isn't a very good singer but neither was Diana Ross. She really is Ross 2.0, all glamor and glitter but little substance.

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2012

Remember when she sang for Streisand? You could tell that Barbra wanted to throw up but did her best to maintain composure. At the end, Beyonce said, "It's an honor to sing for you, Ms. Streisand." Barbra looked like somebody had just stuck some stinky poop under her nose.

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2012

you mean this, R28

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

To me Beyonce is in the generation of singers who merely warble and perform vocal gymnastics instead of straight singing. I'll take an Ann Wilson and Grace Slick over them any day.

by Anonymousreply 3010/08/2012

Yeah, Beyonce phones it in from time to time.

I dont think Diana Ross, despite being the grand diva that she is, had the singing chops to do even this

by Anonymousreply 3110/08/2012

Beyonce has "it". But her sister, Solange is the innovative one. She is as indie as some of the other more lauded alt-R&B acts like Janelle Monae

by Anonymousreply 3210/08/2012

I don't know if Diana Ross is the best comparison vocally, because Beyonce's voice is stronger than Diana's. Which isn't to say it's better, Diana's voice is thin but it's also unusually sweet.

by Anonymousreply 3310/08/2012

The point is you may not like the way she sings, but you cannot say she can't sing. She can sing. Period.

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2012

I had front row seats for a Destiny's Child concert on their last tour. I wasn't a fan at all, i just went because someone gave me a good seat! I was impressed with them all. Beyonce's singing was spectacular, and I kept looking to see if she was singing to a tape. It was live, and it was as good as I've heard. Bitch can sing. I don't like her music, but I can't deny she has a good voice and great pitch.

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2012

I've seen Beyonce called the greatest female entertainer today. I remain unconvinced. Her voice doesn't appeal to me at all. AND her record on gay rights and gay issues is non-existant.

by Anonymousreply 3610/09/2012

Beyonce lipsyncs from time to time. I don't understand why because she actually can sing.

by Anonymousreply 3710/09/2012

This bitch is so over-rated it is ridiculous. Kelly is the one who has the voice, but we all know THAT story turned out.

Anyways, once Rihanna came on the scene it was pretty much over for Beyonce... RiRi has outshined her for years now.

Come to think of it, when was Beyonce's last big hit? Wasn't her last album a bit of a disappointment?

by Anonymousreply 3810/09/2012

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't get all the love and adoration for Beyonce and Jay-Z. Their fans seem to think they're like the second coming of Christ and it annoys the hell out of me. There are certain songs of theirs that I like, but I don't think Jay-Z is that great and Beyonce is just okay - definitely overrated.

I think the fact that they're so full of themselves is what annoys me most.

by Anonymousreply 3910/09/2012

And might I add that Blue Ivy is absolutely the STUPIDEST name I have EVER heard in my life.

Just. Plain. Stupid.

The only couple that could possibly rival Beyonce & Jay-Z's arrogance and over-inflated sense of self-importance is that bitch Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas.

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2012

r20, and all the others bitching about Jay-Z, he was the shit back in the day.

Over time, like most rappers-Biggie and Tupac in particular, the circumstances of his life made him a legend in his music.

Not fair, perhaps, for people with as much talent like Nas, but not rare in music generally.

by Anonymousreply 4110/09/2012

[quote]The only couple that could possibly rival Beyonce & Jay-Z's arrogance and over-inflated sense of self-importance is that bitch Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas.

Ahem, **cough**, you were saying?

by Anonymousreply 4210/09/2012

I don't think she can sing and she's dumb and boring. Everytime I've seen her on t.v. it's lipsynching. And he has no music talent whatsoever. Most rappers have no talent.

by Anonymousreply 4310/09/2012

Uh, Biggie and Tupac also had hard knock lives. Their legends are based on real talent, not whether they sold drugs or grew up in housing projects, r41. JayZ bores me. It's as simple as that. He's about as edgy as his wife is gangsta. The only song I ever hear in my head when anyone mentions him is Big Pimpin. Nough said.

by Anonymousreply 4410/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!