Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you ever worry you might end up on 48 Hour Mysteries?

I love watching the show but would hate to be the subject of an episode. It would be so embarrassing. I always watch it while wondering if the victim knew they were going to end up on a TV show and have their whole life summarized in one episode, trivializing it.

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2012

The OP also worries about what to do if he wins the lottery and if he gets elected King of England.

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

More like a dream come true!!

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

Nah, if I'm ever kidnapped they will turn me loose at daylight.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

No

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

I just want to be sure I get a good title, like "Hunk Homicide."

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

It's almost always about some spouse killing another spouse. Obviously they've found a successful format. But why the viewer's obsession with this subject? Is it their deepest, darkest fear? Then why be married at all?

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

Last night's episode, with the two friends convicted of killing one's husband, was pretty lame, and I don't just mean the prosecutor's case.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2012

I used to work for someone whose wife had him murdered. He was featured in 48 Hours, Prime Time Live and 20/20. They also did a Lifetime movie about it too. Strangely enough they actually didn't tell any of his secrets/ faults or they barely glanced over them. They just came down hard on the wife and her boyfriend who were crazy.

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012

I thought only old people watched 48....never mind

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2012

[quote]but would hate to be the subject of an episode. It would be so embarrassing

Most of the time the victim is dead. No need to die of embarrassment. It works out quite well for them.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2012

It would be much more interesting if the odd person were actually acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2012

Which case R8? He's dead. He won't mind if you tell.

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2012

It's such a lame show. It takes a case that can be summed up in one paragraph and stretches it out to a full hour with innumerable commercials. In fact, the show itself seems to be something that pops up a few times during an hour of commercials.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2012

I'd only be embarrassed because CBS would repeat the episode 4,783 times.

Other than that, I'm dead ... what do I care ?

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2012

What r13 said. They cut to a commercial then repeat most of what they already said. After five minutes of new material they cut to another commercial.

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2012

I don't worry about it, no.

Then again I have no weapons in the house and I'm not white trash either at heart or in practice.

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2012

It appears SOMEBODY wasn't happy with R16. Could that somebody be a MURDERER? Weeeeee'll find out! After 17 commercials.

Well, we're back. Remember R16? Said he wasn't white trash. Didn't keep any weapons in the house. Could that lack of weapons have been a .... fatal flaw? Stay tuned right here because when we return from these commercial breaks, we're going to repeat everything we've already said ....

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2012

I'm a real freak so it would make for good TV. I'm guessing one of my tricks that I do s&m shit with may have murdered me and dumped the body somewhere on the outskirts of the city. Everyone would talk about how I fucked or sucked them. Love it!

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2012

Dateline with the increasingly creepy-headef Keith Morrison is worse.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2012

Dateline is the campiest, with Keith Morrison's overwrought narration

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2012

Actually, I am just one eruption away from my own episode of Snapped for killing that fake foreign-born girl clown. Their will be video and Ryan Seacrest will be covered in blood splatter from the 'nicks'.

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2012

[quote]They cut to a commercial then repeat most of what they already said. After five minutes of new material they cut to another commercial.

You've just described House Hunters.

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.