Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Weird Food Cravings

Every time I eat chocolate, I immediately crave cheese right after but I definitely do not want them at the same time. Does anyone else out there experience this? My guess is that it has to do with cheese having properties that counteract chocolate's ability to create cavities. Maybe this is dental evolution at work.

What strange cravings do you get?

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012

I have been craving PB Max ever since they discontinued them...I'm not kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED A FUCKING PB MAX!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110/07/2012

OP, I've found that if I eat something sugary, a good way to cut the craving for more sugar is to eat a bit of cheese. It seems to counteract sugar lust.

I wonder if this is why traditional big-deal dinners have a cheese course after dessert.

by Anonymousreply 210/07/2012

I'm the same as R2 and have cheese as a snack at night.

If I'm feeling stuffed from over eating I crave citrus fruit or sorbet - apples and pears do nothing.

Eating more food makes me feel less full.

I'm sure the Italians and the French figures out these relationships during centuries of 11 course meals.

by Anonymousreply 310/07/2012

OP, chocolate contains magnesium. The body needs to balance magnesium with calcium, which is what cheese contains. Maybe you're just a homeostatic kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

Very cool R4. I've had the cheese after chocolate craving ever since I was a kid. I don't think there's anything else that I crave quite the same as that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

Never had the cheese craving but I usually crave a glass of milk. Suddenly it makes sense thanks to r4.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

[quote]My guess is that it has to do with cheese having properties that counteract chocolate's ability to create cavities.

You weren't voted "Biggest Brain" by your high school class, I take it.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2012

Odd that this hasn't been exploited by the snack and candy makers. Seriously, they've taken the peanut butter and chocolate link about as it can go, but this is virgin territory.

Perhaps a cheese-filled Reese's cup of some sort? How about an Oreo with Cheez Whiz instead of icing?

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.