Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

LOOPER is the WORST movie of the week!!!

It was horrible and boring. Joseph Love Hewitt's face looks like it's melting off and he looks so old. Bruce Willis was even worse than JLH and Emily Blunt was miscasted. It was basically a remake of Carrie and not even a very good one at that. Just wait for the real thing with Julianne Moore, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4201/07/2013

Should have seen ARGO instead.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2012

You come here often,OP?

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2012

"miscasted"?

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2012

What role does JLH have?

by Anonymousreply 410/07/2012

R2, what movie did you see because Looper is not great. It's a piece of boring shit.

by Anonymousreply 510/07/2012

OP, please stop trying to make the name 'Joseph Love Hewitt' happen. It's stupid and tiresome. And, not funny or clever.

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

A few people disagree with you OP. I would post a link to RT but don't know how on my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 710/07/2012

Poor OP If Looper is a remake (and it's NOT) Firestarter would be a better pick than Carrie. There was something strange about JGL's looks in movie but wouldn't call him old...

by Anonymousreply 810/07/2012

Looked like Kirk Cameron

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2012

JLH had heavy proshetics on his face. They were trying to make him look like Bruce Willis but it didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2012

Nothing worked abut the film, word of mouth is awful. I don't think anyone expected it to open in second place, the questin for this weekend is how far will it drop?

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2012

I loved it. Thought it was great!!

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2012

OP is a moron with attention deficit disorder.

Perhaps you should stick to Michael Bay movies, OP?

You are certainly in the minority of opinion on this one.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2012

I also thought this was Emily's best performance besides Prada of course...

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2012

I think they should have Willis the different color of eyes instead of JGL. Still I think it is a great movie...

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2012

I agree the movie wasn't what I expected. Still I think it is great...

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2012

I thought it was a very entertaining movie. OP sounds like a miserable bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2012

It didn't work because it was basically 2 movies in one. The first half about time travel and having to kill yourself is great. But the second half when they moved into a farmhouse turned into a completely different movie with a completely different tone. All that telekinesis stuff belonged in a different film.

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2012

Exactlt, it was disjointed and for a time travel film, it became way too insular.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2012

The end made It feel like another M. Night Shamalamdingdong movie.

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2012

Surely it's not worse than the bike messenger movie he did last month, is it? Because that thing stank to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2012

Who is Joseph Love Hewitt?

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2012

It was too fucking violent.

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2012

Read Kevin Smith's book "Tough Sh*t" for what it's like to work with Bruce Willis ("Cop Out"). He knows he's a very lucky untalented hack, and will not cooperate with directors.

by Anonymousreply 2410/07/2012

Incomprehensible Carrie-wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2012

Really enjoyed this film. Some people should just stay at home and watch the Real Housewives marathon.

by Anonymousreply 2610/07/2012

True r23

I can't believe they showed a closeup of a little boy getting shot in the face..

Still think it's a great movie...

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2012

But that little boy deserved it. The little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2012

Disappointed too. JGL came off like he was doing an impression of De Niro rather than Willis.

It completely stalled at the farmhouse and the ending was too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

[quote]It didn't work because it was basically 2 movies in one. The first half about time travel and having to kill yourself is great. But the second half when they moved into a farmhouse turned into a completely different movie with a completely different tone. All that telekinesis stuff belonged in a different film.

I saw it this afternoon, and that's exactly what I told my companion. I wouldn't recommend it, which is unfortunate because I *wanted* to like the film. Terrific premise, poorly executed.

by Anonymousreply 3010/14/2012

I thought the movie was pretty great, you're insane OP. That was probably the best performance by a kid actor I've ever seen. He was a total cunt, but humorous.

But I thought they could have gone a different with the ending, and I'll leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 3110/14/2012

JGL does look prematurely old in photos and IRL. Why? Is he a heavy drinker?

by Anonymousreply 3210/14/2012

He's almost 30

by Anonymousreply 3310/14/2012

Take at gander at those choppers and all will be understood.

by Anonymousreply 3410/14/2012

The ending didn't make sense. There was a scene of JGL finishing the job of shooting Bruce Willis and closing the loop. So did that not happen? Was that all in his head?

by Anonymousreply 3510/15/2012

Maybe his tumultuous affair with Michael Pitt aged him?

by Anonymousreply 3610/15/2012

Saw it this weekend. Ambitious concept, but mediocre to "okay" execution. So many parts of it just dragged, or seemed lazy (e.g. "how time travel works and how you effect the future is too complicated, so let's not bother"). As people have noted, the (fun) initial premise pretty much gets abandoned and you have another Carrie / Akira movie with the TK apocalypse.

Sometimes it felt like they were going for a "Blade Runner" vibe, but there wasn't that much thought put into the world-building (why were there so many vagrants and homeless? Someone pointed out the only reason the currency is in silver and gold bars is so Bruce Willis's character can protect himself - there's no other reason for inserting that detail into the story. Same with the off-handed "by the way, some people have TK" detail).

I did wonder why JGL seemed to be wearing such waxy makeup and eyeliner the entire time. Emily Blunt was pretty good. The child actor creeped me out in the good way.

It does have some strong themes in there about how child abandonment creates a vicious cycle, but yeah, it probably needed a bit more polish and script editing.

by Anonymousreply 3710/15/2012

I know!! Even the story is pretty weak. It's a bout a stupid man doing stupid things. Boring as hell. You have to be stupid to like this movie.

by Anonymousreply 3810/28/2012

Saw it last night... if it hadn't been free, I'd have asked for my money back. Utterly meh.

by Anonymousreply 3901/07/2013

[quote]Joseph Love Hewitt's face looks like it's melting off and he looks so old.

I never did like this guy and thought he was ugly ever since he was on that shitty 3rd Rock show.

by Anonymousreply 4001/07/2013

[quote]I never did like this guy and thought he was ugly ever since he was on that shitty 3rd Rock show

In this film his face was digitally altered to look more like Bruce Willis, for reasons of plot, which made him look especially strange.

by Anonymousreply 4101/07/2013

R41 That may be, but even offscreen I don't think he's good looking.

by Anonymousreply 4201/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.