Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Daniel Craig on SNL

So far he is not coming off good.

by Anonymousreply 7612/04/2012

The debate skit was genious.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2012

First scene after monologue is NOT funny. He can't do accents.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2012

I did like the debate sketch glad they also made funn of Shittens but they don't even try to make Jason look like a young looking 65 year old...

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2012

cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2012

Who is the musical guest?

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2012

R5 - Muse.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2012

Doesn't look good for his age. Nice guy though.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2012

Muse guess they are ging to be on the Twilight soundtrack again.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2012

The cue card reading is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 910/07/2012

This is bad REALLY bad.....

by Anonymousreply 1010/07/2012

Didn't this poor sap marry Katie Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 1110/07/2012

so is he 100% straight? what's the gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2012

He married Rachel Weisz.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2012

Daniel Craig is a good vacation fuck buddy.

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2012

Finally, a sketch with Bill Hader!

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2012

That muse song was haunting

I feel bad for Rach watching this. She must feel bad for her hubby. Dan c and comedy do not mix.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2012

To be fair, r9, several SNL player have told in the past how skits are often being rewritten right up to the point of the live broadcast. There is no way to expect the guests to memorize lines given the limited advance time they are given in many cases.

Betty White said they told her outright not to bother trying to memorize lines. She said they suggested she just look at the cue cards and not at the other actors because the turning of the head makes it more obvious that you are reading and they try to shoot the guest in a way that makes it less obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2012

There is absolutely no way for guest hosts to learn their lines.

The day of taping, they shoot a three hour show for an audience dress rehearsal in the afternoon, and cut it down by half that night for the live taping.

The writer/performers who come up with the sketch sometimes memorize it in hopes it gets on air, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2012

I read that stupid Lorne doesn!t like anyone to memorize lines....

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2012

Kate McKinnon was funny as both Jodie Foster and Ellen DeGeneres.

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2012

This was a big episode for McKinnon. She's hilarious. The other new girl is good too.

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2012

R13, R11 was talking about the lead singer of Muse being with Kate Hudson - which is true, but they are not married. They have a new baby.

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2012

R19, That isn't true. The dress rehearsal is only one or two sketches longer. Usually they will just cut one sketch. It's never three hours.

by Anonymousreply 2410/07/2012

R19 - I think dress is more like 9 pm and lasts maybe a few minutes longer than the show. Certainly not three hours.

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2012

You're both wrong, R24. The rehearsal isn't three hours, but they cut between four and six sketches.

by Anonymousreply 2610/07/2012

Not a big laugh the whole night. Daniel Craig was game but they gave him nothing. And the next host is Christina Applegate, the most unfunny woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2710/07/2012

Dress is from 8 pm-10 pm, they generally cut 2-3 sketches or maybe 2 sketches and something they'd pre-taped, like a fake commercial.

by Anonymousreply 2810/07/2012

All three of you are wrong. The rehersal is 17 hours and they cut anywhere from 90-127 sketches.

by Anonymousreply 2910/07/2012

Excuse me, R27, but Christina is the second most unfunny woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 3010/07/2012

R29 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 3110/07/2012

CA was very funny in MWC and even though I never watched I assume she was in Anchorman

by Anonymousreply 3210/07/2012

Yes, R22. I laughed harder at her Weekend Update "artist" bit than anything on the show in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 3310/07/2012

You are ALL wrong. A few things are filmed DR is a 2 hour drug fueled party. The jokers are not finished with the script until 11:29 pm....

by Anonymousreply 3410/07/2012

Considering the shit that makes it on the air, I'd hate to see how lame the sketches that get cut in dress rehearsal are. Not to mention the sketches that don't even make it into the dress rehearsal.

Maybe if the SNL writers were focused on writing 2 or 3 really good sketches a week instead of trying to crank out 20 sketches, most of which will never air, the show would be funnier.

by Anonymousreply 3510/07/2012

She wasn't funny in Anchorman. She seems nice, but she's not funny.

by Anonymousreply 3610/07/2012

I have to agree with r35. It's ridiculous that, with the size of the cast and the number of writers, they take a week off every month or so.

I'd love to see the show with seven cast members and a tight writing staff, all of whom are forced to produce good material. Cut back the budget and rely on talent. Minimal sets and costumes. You're funny or you're gone. You'd have more Bill Haders and fewer Kenan Thompsons.

by Anonymousreply 3710/07/2012

Yeah, I agree, it wasn't that funny but it hasn't been funny for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 3810/07/2012

Christina was funny in MWC and in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

by Anonymousreply 3910/07/2012

Re Kate McKinnon: Who's her girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 4010/07/2012

Did he take off his shirt? Or is he still fat?

by Anonymousreply 4110/07/2012

I always like Fred as Penny Marshall

by Anonymousreply 4210/07/2012

Given how unfunny the lines are why would you even worry about memorising them. It's not like the writing is precisely calibrated for laughs. They're usually just one "joke" sketches repeated ad nauseum. It's not like they develop as scenes.

by Anonymousreply 4310/07/2012

He's cut and if you google daniel craig nude, you will find pictures of his junk.

by Anonymousreply 4410/07/2012

This was one of SNL's LEAST funny episodes in a long time, and that's saying a lot.

The opening sketch was fucking dumb, and the guy playing Barack Obama is horrible. The writers basically portrayed him as not giving a shit about anything, and not being serious about the debate, which is ridiculous.

And surprise, surprise, Lorne Michaels made Romney seem attractive, coherent, and the "responsible" one.

What a fucking crock of shit.

The only good things about the show were Daniel Craig and Muse, and I feel so sorry that Daniel had to be a part of that shit fest.

The show is so fucking dead, that it's not even on life-support. It's just DEAD. And not the least bit funny.

by Anonymousreply 4510/07/2012

The only parts I remember was the Long Island Medium skit and Big Bird's appearance on WU.

by Anonymousreply 4610/07/2012

They take a week off every month, and from what I can tell, they don't use that week to work on material, they just don't work. Every show is written in an all night marathon/panic the Tuesday before it airs, hence the "it was funny at 4 am" desperation of so many sketches.

by Anonymousreply 4710/07/2012

R30 is quite correct.

by Anonymousreply 4810/07/2012

The BBC parody What a Sorry Lot are We had a lot of potential but it didn't go anywhere.

Same with new girlfriend Regina. Nice set up but no follow-through and what the hell was the point?

by Anonymousreply 4910/07/2012

[quote]Nice set up but no follow-through and what the hell was the point?

That's always been SNL's problem. They have great ideas but poor execution so the skits drone on and on with no real point and no real ending. So, even though you might have grinned at the original set-up, you are groaning by the (non)conclusion. The skits are like pop music that just fades away rather than have a proper ending.

by Anonymousreply 5010/07/2012

R45, Romney is routinely skewered on SNL. Perhaps you've forgotten "We don't believe you!". Save your conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 5110/07/2012

Why didn't Andy Samberg get a big send-off show like Kristen Wiig? Or did I watch it but just don't remember it because this show has become an embarrasment for all involved with me asking myself why I still continue to dvr it as I sit there and ff through every lousy sketch?

by Anonymousreply 5210/07/2012

Couldn't this scumbag bother to memorize some lines?

by Anonymousreply 5310/07/2012

I thought the episode was mediocre at best. High points were Big Bird, Penny Marshall and McKinnin. What surprised me was how good Muse sounded. Why is that some musical guests are fabulous and others are awful, a la Lana Del Rey? Do some musical guests have better sound managers on their staff?

by Anonymousreply 5410/07/2012

Admittedly, I laughed at the Regine skit. Fred is a complete nut. But yes, on the other hand I was wondering what the hell the point was?

by Anonymousreply 5510/07/2012

Mc Kinnon is turning out to be the best thing about SNL. Her Penelope Cruz last season was hilarious and her Ann Romney, Long Island Medium and the Italian artist were pretty funny too.

by Anonymousreply 5610/07/2012

I can't believe he never took off any of his clothes. Although even just wearing that tux, with the tie undone, got me hot.

by Anonymousreply 5710/07/2012

The Long Island Medium was one of the best things on last night's show. If you've ever seen clips or entire episodes of it, it was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 5810/07/2012

Long Island Medium is an actual show? I'll have to watch that. That was hilarious

by Anonymousreply 5910/07/2012

Jay Pharoah is woefully inept as President Obama. Hell, Fred Armisten looks more like Barack than Jay does, and has his mannerisms down pat. Pharoah is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 6010/07/2012

[quote]And surprise, surprise, Lorne Michaels made Romney seem attractive, coherent, and the "responsible" one.

Give me a fucking break. The show has been blasting Romney for years now. Years.

[quote]What surprised me was how good Muse sounded. Why is that some musical guests are fabulous and others are awful, a la Lana Del Rey? Do some musical guests have better sound managers on their staff?

I agree, Muse sounded fantastic. In their case, the lead singer really has a great voice. They've also been around for at least a dozen years now, so they've got tons of experience doing live shows like this.

by Anonymousreply 6110/07/2012

Boy, Goldie Hawn really raised a slut.

You lame asses iterate the same tired shit week after week. According to you assholes the show has been dead forever. I always come on the SNL threads and say the same thing. I grew up watching SNL, we are the same age. The 90s SNLs were some of the worst and most embarrassing. There was nothing embarrassing about last night's show. I never understand, if you don't like it, don't watch it. And I am convinced the people saying the same shit week after week, haven't watched it in years.

Daniel Craig was 100% committed to his characters. And I thought it was cute to see this badass be funny. If you are a fan of the show, most likely, you enjoyed last night.

"Gimme my monee!"

by Anonymousreply 6210/07/2012

>>There was nothing embarrassing about last night's show.

There was also nothing particularly funny.

by Anonymousreply 6310/07/2012

[quote]There was also nothing particularly funny.

See, there is one of the glib remarks just to be provocative and not based on anything in the show.

Actually the Cecilia Gimenez and Jodi Foster and Diane Keaton playing a Bond Girl were particularly funny.

r63=Regine

by Anonymousreply 6410/07/2012

it wasn't nearly as funny as the Seth MacFarlane show.

The talent is there on SNL, but something's been off for years.

by Anonymousreply 6510/08/2012

r64, a few seconds in a pre-recorded bit in a 5,400 second show hardly counts as "particularly funny." Not much to hang your hat on, there.

by Anonymousreply 6610/08/2012

The Bond girl was a good idea but Jodie Foster(and the others) was impersonated as a character she played in the movie NOT Jodie Foster...

I guesS the lesbian(sorry haven't learned her NAME) is going to be the new Kristen Wigg...

by Anonymousreply 6710/08/2012

Only saw the bond girl thing. I really like the girl who played Diane Keaton and Molly Ringwald. And I always love Fred as Penny "The Looker" Marshall.

by Anonymousreply 6810/08/2012

[quote]The Bond girl was a good idea but Jodie Foster(and the others) was impersonated as a character she played in the movie NOT Jodie Foster...

What?

Of course, that was the joke. They were being portrayed as themselves in the skit. Why do you think she looked like she wanted to vomit when she had to kiss Daniel Craig? They were sending up the fact that she is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 6910/08/2012

[quote]I guesS the lesbian(sorry haven't learned her NAME) is going to be the new Kristen Wigg...

I think she's going to be a female Bill Hader -- great impersonations, very versatile, more of a character actor than someone who does the same repeating character week after week.

Didn't really get a sense of what the other new women could do yet.

by Anonymousreply 7010/08/2012

I agree r67. The idea for the skit was funny but the execution wasn't. And yeah, they played the others as the actresses themselves but Jodie and Diane were more character. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 7110/09/2012

[quote]even though you might have grinned at the original set-up, you are groaning by the (non)conclusion. The skits are like pop music that just fades away rather than have a proper ending.

Punchlines to finish sketches are b o r i n g.

Haven't you ever seen Monty Python? Andy Kaufman? They deconstructed their comedy, making skit "cappers" redundant.

Take my wife!

by Anonymousreply 7210/09/2012

Does anyone outside New York watch?

by Anonymousreply 7310/09/2012

Bill Hader's English accent was spot on.

by Anonymousreply 7410/11/2012

Just saw the rerun and thought "Regine" was fucking hilarious, whatever the point was.

by Anonymousreply 7512/02/2012

Did he take his shoit off?

by Anonymousreply 7612/04/2012
Need more help? Click Here.