Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rumble in the Air Conditioned Auditorium

Well worth the 4.95. Huffpo is live updating. Stewart is doing extremely well against O'Reilly.

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012

Media Bias

Does it exist? "I don't think ABC or NBC or CBS are activist organizations," Stewart says. He then calls Fox News "the lupus of news," an autoimmune virus that's "gone overboard."

"FNC making a billion dollars a year, so something's going right," O'Reilly says.

"Yes, you can't make money selling crap in America," Stewart says.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2012

O'Reilly returns to Sandra Fluke, saying it's "insane" to pay for her birth control.

"We have already decided" on a social safety net, Stewart says. O'Reilly says Obama made it too easy for people to get disability benefits and food stamps.

"Why is it that if you take advantage of a corporate tax break you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something so you don't go hungry, you're a moocher?" Stewart says.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2012

Keep writing, OP -- I can't afford to pay (unemployed), so I'm counting on you to fill me in.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2012

Thanks OP... this is good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2012

You can read it on the link.

The funniest bit: Stewart is a great deal shorter than Bill. When they got behind their podiums, there was quite a difference. Until Stewart pressed a button on his podium and rose up to match O'Reilly. He had a lift. During the debate he would go up to where he could step onto the podium. He would punctuate his hits and misses with this lift.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2012

O'Reilly followed, “The problem with the discourse deal is capitalism.”

“You can make a lot of money by being an assassin,” he said. “It doesn’t matter: right wing or left wing. You go in and you’re a hater – radio, cable, in print, whatever – you can get paid. And there’s a people who do that. And they go in, they don’t even believe half the stuff they say. … Capitalism drives that. There are people - Americans - who want to hear hate.”

He noted that “we have to live with it, freedom of speech.”

by Anonymousreply 610/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!