Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Constance Ford

Our sister, Connie, stars on "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" tonight at 11:00ET on Antenna TV as a New York woman convinced she's the next victim of a serial killer. The program first aired in 1956. Connie died at 69 in 1993.

by Constance conniereply 2010/07/2012

The next victim of a serial killer?

What a kick in the CUNT!

by Constance conniereply 110/06/2012

Met her when I auditioned for Another World at Benton & Bowles ad agency when I was 12 or so. I'll always remember her gettiing up from her chair, shaking my hand and saying "How, how are ya?" Got a feeling she was a terrific gal.

by Constance conniereply 210/06/2012

This episode is available on DVD (From the Alfred Hitchcock Presents 1st season DVD set)

by Constance conniereply 310/06/2012

La McKinsey discussed an AW actress who'd been on the show for a while who would constantly do her best to upstage her in scenes. Bev hated this actress, and essentially warned her to stop doing it. The other actress never relented, and Bev just gave in, figuring it wasn't worth the energy to fight her. I always thought it was Wyndham, but I have a hunch it was actually Connie.

by Constance conniereply 410/06/2012

Nah, it was Wyndham.

by Constance conniereply 510/06/2012

She never tasted MY pussy. God knows she tried.

by Constance conniereply 610/06/2012

I found it strange that Jeanne Cooper (Y&R) never mentioned Connie Ford in her autobiography.

They did a prison flick together, along with Shirley Knight and you would think she would mention at least a paragraph about the film.

by Constance conniereply 710/06/2012

I remember Connie Ford from when my aunt was on the show. She was quite a tough no-nonsense lady. Trust me, if Connie Ford was ever pissed off about something, you knew about it.

I doubt if it was Connie who tried to upstage Beverly McKinsy. Connie was a good actress who took her job and role very seriously. Beverly, while quite a good actress, I thought just did acting on soaps for the money.

by Constance conniereply 810/06/2012

R8 is your aunt Bev Penberthy? I loved her. Such a wonderfully subtle, understated actress who was sadly ecliped by McKinsey and Wyndham during the show's golden years.

by Constance conniereply 910/06/2012

R8 is a regular here who takes questions from DLers, asks his Aunt Pat, and then reports back here.

by Constance conniereply 1010/06/2012

Love your aunt. So beautiful

by Constance conniereply 1110/06/2012

Ford and McKinsey were not in many scenes together. It was either Wyndham or Anne Meacham, who played Louise, but Meacham wasn't like that, I don't think.

by Constance conniereply 1210/06/2012

Thanks for the compliments. Anyway, my Aunt Bev has no idea who tried to upstage Beverlee McKinsey (I spelled her name wrong in the previous post). Aunt Bev was rarely in a scene with Connie Ford. All contracted players on AW had set schedules. So my aunt and Connie Ford's scheduled never overlapped. For example, Connie Ford could have a schedule to go to tape from 9am-2pm. My Aunt and Beverlee McKinsey had a tape schedule of 2pm-7pm. Of course, the exception is a funeral, wedding or special episode that would require the entire cast to tape in one block. All soap stars hate rehearsing/taping weddings.

by Constance conniereply 1310/07/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Constance conniereply 1410/07/2012

I always suspected the upstager was Gail Brown (Clarice Hobson). Her rather ditzy character lent itself to a lot of physical bits that could be interpreted by another actor as upstaging.

by Constance conniereply 1510/07/2012

Bev Penberthy was so pretty in an understated way. Loved her.

by Constance conniereply 1710/07/2012

Hey now, this is my thread bitches. Enough with the Beverly Penberthy chatter.

by Constance conniereply 1810/07/2012

Even death is a kick in the cunt, huh Connie?

by Constance conniereply 1910/07/2012

Corrine Jacker was the write who wrote out Bev's character (Pat).

She needed her salary to populate Bay City with Black characters like Quinn Harding.

by Constance conniereply 2010/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.