Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CHILL OUT: Obama is still way ahead, and the jobs news today will help him bounce back

Stop being such nervous nellies.

by Anonymousreply 8810/07/2012

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2012

I hope you are right, but I fear the rightwing conspiracy theories about BLS cooking the numbers may have tempered the effect of the good news. Many news outlets have given more attention to the crazy rightwing conspiracy theories than the good jobs report.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2012

What r2 said is SOP with the Right. Still, we've had a strange brew over the last few days of Obama's odd behavior at the debates, the GOP's annoying victory brays, the jobs report, and then the sudden horrendous jump in gas prices out in California.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2012

You're quite the idiot, R4.

Your laughter is sociopathic to boot.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2012

O will win but barely. He'll have a few more states than Bush in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2012

National - 2012 President - Obama 46%, Romney 47% (Clarus Research Group 10/4) National - 2012 President - Obama 49%, Romney 45% (Clarus Research Group 10/2)

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2012

Obama better not fuck up again. He cannot afford to. He sucked. He blew it. His arrogance and inability to debate were showing big time.

Lots of people are campaigning for him,. i.e., donating money, making phone calls, knocking on doors, etc. He has a goddamn responsibbility to perform, be engaging, fight bacck and not to stand there taking fucking notes, which was bullshit and useless.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2012

[quote]Carter was leading Reagan in the polls at this point.

You just pulled that right out of your ass.

Actually, Reagan was leading Carter in the polls at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2012

He'll be elected, but donate and/or volunteer so we can win big. It will be worth it to watch the freeper concern trolls heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2012

He won't fuck up and the jobs number "scandal" has no legs since there's no proof of any wrongdoing.

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2012

No he wasn't R8. That's another right-wing lie.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2012

Obama and his team know exactly what they're doing. He will gradually build and deliver his KO in the third debate, like a good boxer. You can't go up from up, so he let Romney "win" the first one. It's all simple strategery!

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2012

The "scandal" helps Obama.

If they hadn't turned it into something, it would have been just another meaningless number to the average voter, something they only dimly process and it would have been forgotten by bedtime.

Now it has legs, and no matter how the repubs try to spin it, it's still a positive for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2012

Obama and his team reaped rich material from the debate. But I think the team did in fact underestimate Romney's depth of pathology.

The only good thing about that is that polls show Independents were put off by the flip-flopping and outright lying.

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2012

He was fair, but he needed to be better.

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2012

Proof that refutes R8's claim:

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2012

Nate Silver sees big move toward Romney in several swing states.

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2012

It's ridiculous how criticism he's taking over the debate. He really wasn't that bad. What were you people expecting?

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2012

We were expecting Romney to get flustered and say something like "corporations are people" or better.

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2012

Three more debates. Obama/Biden can turn things around and Romney/Ryan may fuck up. The jobs number will help Obama.

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2012

Since 2000, more and more ballots have been thrown away by the Karl Rove election machine, the estimates this time around is that Obama will have to somehow overcome twelve million 'lost' votes in order to retain the presidency. The odds are not in Obama's favor according to people who have been following this phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 2410/06/2012

Obama raised $181 million in September.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama's campaign and its Democratic allies raised a record $181 million in September for the president's re-election effort, adding to a fundraising haul that could prove crucial in the final stretch of the White House race.

Obama's campaign said via Twitter on Saturday that 1,825,813 people donated to the campaign last month. Of that, 567,000 were new donors.

A vast majority of the donations - 98 percent - were $250 or less. The average contribution was $53.

"That's by far our biggest month yet," campaign manager Jim Messina said in an email to supporters, urging them to chip in even more as the November 6 election draws near.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2012

true dat r15. good analysis.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2012

Biden will royally fuck up. Obama gets one more shot with the next debate.

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2012

I'm sure Biden's being schooled to not fuck up right now and will be up until the debate, they know about him.

by Anonymousreply 2810/06/2012

[quote]What were you people expecting?

A president.

Obama looked anything but presidential.

by Anonymousreply 2910/06/2012

C'mon, people! The bar was set so fucking low for RawMoney that all he had to do was show up and people would say he "won".

Now that fool has to live up to expectations and Big O gonna knock that stupid plastic-haired moron on his sorry ass at the next two debates.

Face it, now that the bar has been raised for RawMoney, he's got nowhere to go but

D

O

W

N

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2012

Please shut up, freeper asshole. You lie almost as much as your candidate.

by Anonymousreply 3210/06/2012

Nobody wants to hear that 'other' people have found jobs.

"The "scandal" helps Obama"

For a couple days it did, but the Repugs wisely got the video clip out of the way early. Now Mom and Pop Redstate have forgotten and forgiven. Besides, he's a millionaire- he must know something!

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2012

Biden's going to fuck up? Doubt it. Joe Biden went to the senate when Paul Ryan was TWO years old.

Biden has been debating, and winning debates, for decades. Ryan's never even run for state-wide office. Biden's run for president and won debates at that level, I remember them. He's very good at this.

Biden's going to make mincemeat out of Ryan and smile while he does it.

by Anonymousreply 3410/06/2012

Biden's a very good debater. It'll be fun watching him deal with Gulpy Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 3510/06/2012

Don't think Biden will hold back against the lies. He doesn't have to look "presidential" so he can tell it like it is. I really can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 3610/06/2012

Obama did look Presidential. He was thoughtful and considerate.

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2012

I think Obama was taken by surprise at the first debate by the astonishing extent of Romney's lies, and how smoothly he delivered them. But I also think that, having taken a kicking in that debate, he'll be making sure it doesn't happen again.

My concern is that he'll still let Romney get away with too much, and he needs to stop that shit right fucking now.

by Anonymousreply 3810/06/2012

Obama did a terrible job. The race is in play again, with donors who abandoned Romney coming back. Really unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 3910/06/2012

True R38, he's going to kick Mittens ass next debate and the one after. What does Mittens have to say on foreign policy? Zero.

by Anonymousreply 4010/06/2012

Which donors are going back to Romney, R39?

by Anonymousreply 4110/06/2012

Unfortunately in this country, with its racism, America feels uncomfortable with "The Angry Black Man." That's why the GOP put out "The Angry Black Man" video of Obama from 2007. Yes, been there, done that but it set a tone.

For example, when an angry black man disrupts in protest, it's, supposedly, the level white man maintaining the order. However, Obama was anything but angry, Romney was anything but level, and America was anything but comfortable.

Could things change? Now America seems to want a black man to really be angry and a white man to really be level. Could Obama become more defiant? Could Romney come more to the point? Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 4210/06/2012

"CHILL OUT"

The gay vote, being concentrated in solid blue states, means absolutely nothing to either party in national elections.

Lest you think your vote counts for anything.

by Anonymousreply 4310/06/2012

Well, if Romney wins, Repubs are stuck with him for the next 8 years. A lot of them secretly want him to lose, so they can run Christie, Ryan, Rubio, or Jeb Bush in 2016--most of whom had already started running.

by Anonymousreply 4410/06/2012

[quote]Unfortunately in this country, with its racism, America feels uncomfortable with "The Angry Black Man."

Therefore, we do not live in a "post-racial America" and putting Obama forward was a mistake that set back Progressive Democrats back for another generation.

But those sticky little guys hiding in the woodpile are doing their usual dance.

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2012

Don’t Panic! 5 Unnecessary Liberal Freakouts

In the wake of President Barack Obama’s weak performance in the first presidential debate on Wednesday, many liberals reacted by openly panicking that the president has let Romney back into the race.

Of course, this comes as little surprise — whenever there’s a bump in the road, a certain reactionary element of the left immediately heads for the ledge. Having been demoralized by 16 combined years of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, many Democrats are never far away from pushing the panic button.

They should relax.

Almost every time that reactionary liberals lose their heads, it turns out to be much ado about nothing. If recent history is a guide, Obama’s debate “crisis” will turn out alright too.

Here are five recent cases of minor events sparking intense — and ultimately unwarranted — liberal panic:

by Anonymousreply 4610/06/2012

Mark Halperin ‏@MarkHalperin Prediction: press so wants Mitt comeback story (Plouffe turned out 2 B right) that standards will B thrown out the window on reporting polls

by Anonymousreply 4710/06/2012

[quote]You just pulled that right out of your ass.

Umm not necessarily. PolitiFact is calling it half true.

by Anonymousreply 4810/06/2012

R19, I prefer taking R8's post as truth because he feels it in his gut and that makes his post way more believable than yours.

Screw links!

by Anonymousreply 4910/06/2012

Mitt Romney also does not have the charisma that Reagan had, who if you recall was also an ex-Actor used to performing on stage under lights for many years. Reagan also didn't pull shit out of his own asshole and try to pass it off as truth as Romney did, or flip on almost every position he held prior to the debate.

by Anonymousreply 5010/06/2012

Obama will win! There is no need for all this drama.

I am not worried at all.

by Anonymousreply 5110/06/2012

Obama rules. He must be re-elected, because he's awesome. He gave me a phone!

by Anonymousreply 5410/06/2012

I'm heated not chilled

by Anonymousreply 5510/06/2012

I just made a donation to the Obama campaign.

by Anonymousreply 5610/06/2012

Look, Obama, one of the best speakers we have seen in the last . . how many years? . . blew it. How do we reconcile that? Has anyone considered that perhaps Obama WANTS to lose the election? Has anyone considered that maybe he does NOT want to be President for another four years? How else can his performance in the debate be explained? Obama has already accomplished what no other in our history has. Isn't that enough? If he's tired of it all, if he's finished with it all, who could blame him.

by Anonymousreply 5810/06/2012

A good speaker is not the same as a good debater. And even good debaters have off days. And take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 5910/06/2012

I thought he (Obama) seemed really tired.

by Anonymousreply 6010/06/2012

Obama is a good speaker but has never had a reputation as a good debater. It would probably be enough if he was just adequate -- which, on Wednesday, he was not. Romney is an awful speaker, but a fairly good debater. Neither one would win prizes.

by Anonymousreply 6110/06/2012

R58, you keep repeating yourself, but you get no traction. What does that tell you?

by Anonymousreply 6210/06/2012

Easy, Doctor.

Six little words.

by Anonymousreply 6310/06/2012

I beg to differ with those who do not equate good speaking with good debating. The same talents are required for both. If you are a good speaker, you know how to think quickly, and know how to phrase your words to suit your audience, or the occasion. Obama is an excellent speaker, no doubt about that. His relatively poor performance to me denotes more is going on behind the scenes than anyone would ever admit to. Put the poor debate performance together with the reports that he seldom reads his daily executive updates. I think the man wants out. Who could blame him? He has a totally noncooperative Congress who fights him at every opportunity. He's already made history, good history, and deserves to rake in a ton of money from his speaking engagements and the books he will write.

And no, I do not need meds. Just because a person thinks in realities does not mean they are "off." It's those who refuse to accept reality who need the meds. Just because the alternative is a Romney presidency does not mean that Obama should not have the better future he deserves to have.

by Anonymousreply 6410/06/2012

From Nate Silver:

"¶Still, as I wrote yesterday, my guess is that the forecast model is still being somewhat too conservative about accounting for the change in the environment. In a good number of the polls, Mr. Romney has not only improved his own standing but also taken voters away from Mr. Obama’s column, suggesting that he has peeled off some of Mr. Obama’s softer support in addition to gaining ground among undecided voters."

His model is now about 80% Obama, 20% Romney.

It will tighten up a bit until the outcome in Ohio is clear.

If it becomes apparent that Romney will lose Ohio, his chances drop precipitously.

If he's headed toward victory there, it's a much closer race, probably advantage Romney.

It's all about Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 6510/06/2012

Actually, it's only "all about Ohio" for Romney.

Obama doesn't need to win it. But he will.

by Anonymousreply 6610/06/2012

In what world does Obama's 80% to Romney's 20% signal trouble for Obama??

by Anonymousreply 6710/06/2012

It is mainly about Ohio. If Ohio is in play, then it is a dog fight till the end. If Obama has a solid lead in Ohio, then Mitt can go home.

by Anonymousreply 6810/06/2012

[quote]In what world does Obama's 80% to Romney's 20% signal trouble for Obama??

In 1 out of 5 of them....

by Anonymousreply 6910/06/2012

^^Again, no trouble for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 7010/07/2012

Here's the thing that really pisses me off. Yes, there's been some attention given to Romney lying at the debate. Yes, there's been some refutation of the claim thatjobs numbers were cooked. Yes, there've been the usual allegations that polling data is fake.

But not nearly enough attention has been given in the mainstream media to any of these, nor has there been an attempt to place them in context, framing all the larger lies along with these tactics.

The outright lies, the attempts to deliberately mislead, like with the job requirement about welfare being eliminated, etc. along with the voter suppression are all part of a program. None of them happen in isolation from the others.

If ever we needed a free press to really tell the truth, we need them now. Our country was weakened, on the brink of disaster. The American people are owed a robust discussion of the issues and proposals to address them.

Yet, we're consistently given false equivalencies and the entire campaign is treated like a fucking sporting event. We are going to be in a war with Iran as sure as shit once Romney gets into the WH.

The neo-Cons have an agenda and so does Netanyahu. BeBe will very likely attempt to start some crap right now to attempt to affect the outcome of our election.

I really hate this. I really, really hate it. I wish we had public financing of campaigns and that the candidates didn't start campaigning until Labor Day.

Anyway, I hope to hell we can win this thing decisively. We really have to. The closer the race looks, the easier it will be to steal. And people are like sheep. The media could initiate a stampede.

I have a feeling they were going to annoint Romney the winner no matter what. All he had to do is show up and be decent and they were primed to go nuts.

They judged his presentation, his performance, but artfully separated out the facts and the substance and the inconsistencies. And he got a bounce because sheeple do what their told. It's called the bandwagon effect.

by Anonymousreply 7110/07/2012

The trouble with the American people, r71, is nobody has enough brain cells left to bother questioning.

Now turn off their American Idol or whatever stupid "reality" show they are watching now and there will be rioting in the streets.

Steal a presidential election, and they just turn the channel.

by Anonymousreply 7210/07/2012

I'm shocked that so few people have been paying attention for the past 12 months that the race could be turned on its head in the span of 90-minutes. Did they know nothing about each candidate's positions before Wednesday?

by Anonymousreply 7310/07/2012

A list of pre and post debate polls in key states

Wisconsin - PPP - Pre - Obama +7, Post - Obama + 2

Colorado - Gravis - Pre - Obama + 4 Post - Romney + 3

Florida - We Ask America - Pre - Obama + 3; Post - Romney + 3

Florida - Rasmussen - Pre - Obama + 2; Post - Romney + 2

Virginia - We Ask America - Pre - Obama + 3; Post - Romney + 3

Virginia - Rasmussen - Pre - Obama + 1; Post - Romney + 1

The average gain by Romney in these key states is 5 points post debate.

Seems like it is showing up in the polls, no?

by Anonymousreply 7410/07/2012

Romney will win!! deal with it

by Anonymousreply 7510/07/2012

Only one of those is legitimate, R74. Inform yourself about the origins of Gravis, We Ask America, and Rasmussen.

by Anonymousreply 7610/07/2012

You think a Republican is interested in the truth, R76?

But thanks for the chuckle!

by Anonymousreply 7710/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 7810/07/2012

Romney's a fucking liar and the press is a joke, all they think about is style and don't care that the person running for the highest office in the land is a lying piece of shit with NO PRINCIPLES OR CONVICTIONS. They should be fact checking Romney and calling out his lies on a daily basis, but instead they go after Obama for not having "punch" or whatever the hell they think is so important.

by Anonymousreply 7910/07/2012

My thoughts were and still are that this man is the President of the United States, he has been attacked from the Right Wing fanatics and Fox news for everything they can think of to attack him for.

Mitch McConnell has stated over and over that their number 1 priority is to make him a 1 term President at the peril of “We the People”.

Was he looking down quite a bit? Yes, but if you would have seen the various camera angels you would know that he was looking down because he was taking notes as Romney talked and the President is left-handed which explains the angel of his head while he was looking down.

He’s what I call “No Drama Obama” and it’s the one thing that I’ve always admired the most about him. He remained calm while being verbally attacked by Romney and I for one believe that the President WON the debate because he was Professional and Presidential even in the face of a direct verbal assault.

Do you really want a hot-headed overly dramatic President in the White House? Not me, because people that go on the verbal attack like Mitt Romney does during debates are not calm, they don’t stop to think things through.

Romney told far more outright lies than truth. HE LIES. Do you want a President that will lie to us “We the People” about anything and everything under the sun just so “he gets his way”?

Romney acts like a spoiled little brat. If you paid any attention to his previous debates he goes on the attack, he whines that he wasn’t given enough time to answer and he always has to get “the last word” and continuously interrupts the person he is debating again and the moderator of the debate (look at older debate videos) this is his pattern.

I don’t want a hot – head like him in OUR White House. I don’t want him pissing off other countries and starting unnecessary wars. He pissed off the people of London during the Olympics, made derogatory statements about the Palestines, and called Russia our #1 FOE, then he prematurely ran his mouth about Libya insulting all of us.

This man is not Presidential at all. He does not have the same hectic schedule as President Obama. We don’t know what happened before the debate and for all we know President Obama may have been given urgent or bad news considering all of the things that are happening in the Middle East. It was his wedding anniversary and instead of being with his wife having an enjoyable evening he was on stage with a man who acts like a 3 year old.

President Obama was the bigger person and did not lash out even while being attacked, he let Romney show his dramatic, aggressive behavior to all of us, he let him lie and now those lies are being used against him.

What President Obama did was give Romney enough slack in the rope to hang himself. If you’ve ever read Sun Tzu the Art of War then you would understand that President Obama won that debate on substance and professionalism. He let Romney debate Romney because if you paid any attention what-so-ever you would have realized that Romney flipped on everything he’s been running on for the past year.

“All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.” ~Sun Tzu

“He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious.” ~Sun Tzu

by Anonymousreply 8010/07/2012

Maybe its already been posted here, but here's another great ad by Team Obama using the debate "performance" of phony Mittens and his lies, this should be on TV 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 8110/07/2012

Mitt Romney is not a good a debater. A good debater can persuade an audience and lead them to believe that his plans are right for the country without being deceitful and light on details. You can't lie your way through a debate and not provide any details explaining how your going to accomplish your promises and call yourself a good debater. The American public doesn't know what a good debater is. Just be rude, inconsiderate, ferocious, and have plenty of zingers and one liners and you're a good debater.

by Anonymousreply 8210/07/2012

you're

by Anonymousreply 8310/07/2012

Ann Romney says that if Mitt wins, she'll ride Rafalca down Pennsylvania Ave. in the Inauguration parade.

by Anonymousreply 8410/07/2012

I think there needs to be an overwhelming display of force from US. "We the people." I think we need to tweet, e-mail, and call the networks CBS, NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, etc. Washington Post, NYT, HuffPo, AP, etc. and express outrage at the way they allow lies to go unchallenged. Get on twitter and invade their news feeds en masse. Get the major newspapers to "hear" you.

It's not up to Obama, who has an obvious interest in challenging Romney/Ryan's assertions. It's up to the news media, who's supposed to be the "honest broker," to call out the outrageous lies in that debate and beyond that debate.

We are part of this process too, and we need to make our voices heard. We give money, volunteer our time, and we will vote, but the news media needs to feel real pressure from viewers. I'm ready to kick some ass. I want to kick Paul Ryan's smug ass, and Romney's until their noses bleed.

by Anonymousreply 8510/07/2012

That's a pretty good ad at R81.

Short, to the point, and undercuts Romney's debate performance.

by Anonymousreply 8610/07/2012

You are right R85, the media gets away with this kind of BS because the low and no-information public allows them to - smart people really need to mobilize and push the media into focusing on what REALLY matters in this race and not just the horse race they're so interested in.

by Anonymousreply 8710/07/2012

Oh good, I was so worried!

Not!

by Anonymousreply 8810/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.