Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I bet Obama lost the debate on purpose.

If Obama won the debate the interest in the next few debates would not be as high. Therefore the public would not be as distracted by the political theater this month and the beginning of next month.

Guarantee you Obama will do better next time, and KICK ASS at the last debate. Yes, Obama will win...I have absolutely no doubt.

It's all by design, folks. Politics is purely entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2012

I agree with you he will win; but the big premise of your thread's title is nuts. You sound like a tinhat.

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2012

There's nothing wrong with being a 'tinhat', but I agree with R1 that it's wrong to assume he lost the debate on purpose. He did not.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2012

I'm sure he's got all of Romney's lies and flip flops memorized and he's going to throw them back in his face.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2012

And you know that how, R2? You don't know anything for sure unless you are Obama.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2012

That's like saying Viola lost the Oscar on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2012

OP, I hope (but doubt) you're not that stupid.

Obamney will win the election.

They both are tools of the big banks. Get a clue, OP

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2012

The theory that makes more sense (read here on DL) is that it was to keep Mitt getting donations that would otherwise go to Senate and House races that are close.

And thereby improve chance of Dem gains in Congress, which Obama will desperately need.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2012

R7, do you think they care about YOU?

They want power, and you are just a pawn. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2012

R7, you may be on to something. It might just be crazy enough to work!

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2012

FWIW I suspect that they did plan to let Romney go on and on and hang himself, giving them the ammo to call him a liar in every possible format to the end of the election. They probably were also cautious about Obama seeming angry, or obnoxious. I do suspect though that Obama was taken by surprise at how completely and forcefully Romney contradicted everything he has said over the past year and retreated, rather than risk doing something that might backfire (though I do wish he had turned to the audience toward the end and said something to the effect, "well, my fellow Americans, if you think the president should be a bald faced liar with no principals at all, Mr. Romney is your candidate".) What I can't imagine their having planned is that Obama would look so tired and bored.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2012

I truly believe that Obama DID NOT bring up the whole 47 percent video thing because he knew that Mittens was going to do a back flip and try to apologize for it and that would give Mitt the chance to show 58 million viewers how human he is. SO to some degree, I think Obama is playing his 11 dimensional chess game.

If he's anything, Obama is one kick ass politician and I don't think we have seen his endgame yet.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2012

lol you people who believe any such thing are truly lol lol

by Anonymousreply 1210/07/2012

I think it's possible that Obama took something, like a Xanax, to calm his nerves before the debate and it turned him into a zombie. But he's never been a good debater to start with.

by Anonymousreply 1310/07/2012

I think Obama got out there and was so shocked by Mitt's lies and half truths and flip flopping that he was just stunned.

by Anonymousreply 1410/07/2012

Mitts played checkers.

Obama played chess.

by Anonymousreply 1510/07/2012

OP, I totally agree with you. It was quiet obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1610/07/2012

Obama didn't play chess. We'd be talking about a Clinton-style sweep today if he'd prepared properly for the debate, especially after Friday's jobs report. Instead it's now a toss-up.

by Anonymousreply 1710/07/2012

I don't know what to think. Was he sick? Is one of his children sick? Was Michelle diagnoses with breast cancer?

by Anonymousreply 1810/07/2012

That was my first thought, R18. Michelle looked haggard sitting in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 1910/07/2012

This crossed my mind as a strategy:

Give a lackluster but passable performance at the first debate to make this seem like more of a race than it is. A bit of tension and worry increases donations from the base, whereas an "Obama's obviously got this one in the bag" would mean low interest, low donations, low voter turnout, etc.

Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 2010/07/2012

OP I totally agree. I was just saying this to a friend today!

Well, I do not think he tried to "lose" this debate on purpose...rather, I am sure it was a strategy created by his team. Lay back, let Mitt "attack". Perhaps he would even come off as a bit too intense & off balance (I don't think that happened, Mitt kept it together). More importantly let Mitt spew some facts and figures that would then be de-bunked by the media in the aftermath. Let the populace media do the work for you.

If you think this was NOT strategy then you truly don't know the state of politics these days. I've had the chance to be at several "thank you for your donations" luncheons where people like Hillary spoke. And she laid the truth OUT about how the teams strategize behind the scenes. His demeanor was planned. Also it can play to Obama's personality and experience (or lack thereof) with debates.

At the very least, the old saying is you never want to "peak early". So the President & his team are biding time in my opinion. (or maybe he's "Biden" his time...)

Frankly - I can't WAIT for the crazy to be let loose during the V.P. debates! I'm getting popcorn & soda and hunkering down for that one!

by Anonymousreply 2110/07/2012

I agree with OP. He didn't even mention the 47% comment.

by Anonymousreply 2210/07/2012

Let's get this clear-

There is no upside to mentioning the 47% until the last minute when Romney cannot retort. Third minutes. Otherwise, you're giving Romney a national platform for a political mea culpa.

No upside.

by Anonymousreply 2310/07/2012

R23, are you serious? You think Obama should wait until the foreign policy debate to mention the 47%? Only if he truly wants to appear out of it.

by Anonymousreply 2510/07/2012

Ill-prepared for meeting an outrageous liar.

But don't worry, it won't happen again.

by Anonymousreply 2610/07/2012

Debating a repub is rather difficult these days. If you honestly describe their position you get accused of saying horrible unjust things about them.

Be honest: what is considered worse in today's semi-retarded society: espousing the positions of a Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan or attributing those positions to Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan?

Obama is choosing to behave like an adult, which is almost impossible when engaging with Republs. He knows that, given enough rope, Romney will hang himself; in fact, Romney's singular talent is hanging himself with less than the minimum amount of rope.

by Anonymousreply 2710/07/2012

[quote]If Obama was purposely under-performing in the debate, then why is his camp being so nutty in trying to blame his performance on

Um, just who in "his camp" is doing this? I see a lot of ordinary people doing this but I don't see anyone, either officially or unofficially speaking for Obama, doing it. Let's name names, please. Or admit you're making shit up.

[quote]Seems like a risky (and stupid) strategy by Axelrod and team (who are quite smart), since Romney has gained a lot in the polls in the toss-up states since the debate

Not really. He got a modest boost, based on the early polls. That's not "a lot" and it remains to be seen how long that will last.

[quote]It could be that Obama basically has surrounded himself with yes-men, isn't comfortable getting challenged and hasn't been challenged in the past four years, was ill-prepared, doesn't understand economic issues well and, overall, just basically sucked

Your last sentence was reasonably accurate. Everything before it? No. See, for example, his debate with Republican Congressman from a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2810/07/2012

Ah stunned because a Republican was telling lies and half-truths? I don't really think so.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2012

Keep hoping, R30.

by Anonymousreply 3110/08/2012

Do you think that his bad job had something to do with Ambasador Stevens' death? Maybe he found out our CIA was involved? I'm sure that was the case.

by Anonymousreply 3210/10/2012

The Federal Aviation Administration is working towards putting the finishing touches on rules and regulations for widespread domestic drone use, and the agency expects as many as 30,000 UAVs will be in America’s airspace by the decade’s end. As Russia Today notes, given that the department has already addressed the issue of acquiring drones to give the DHS a better eye of domestic doings, though, those law enforcement operations in question could very well transcend away from legitimate uses and quickly cause civil liberty concerns from coast-to-coast. All drones will be equipped with Electro-Optical/Infra-Red sensors, as well as the technology to sniff out certain chemicals from thousands of feet above our heads. Have no fear though, since the "Robotic Aircraft for Public Safety" program is for your own protection, we are sure Janet Napolitano would suggest.

by Anonymousreply 3310/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!