Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bill Maher Show surprised me tonight

He had some of the worst wingnuts on a week when Mittens won the debate, but he took them on pretty well. Put evil little troll Frank Luntz in his place and the amazing Kerry Washington went to bat and demolished the other wingnuts with grace and ease.

And Mark Foley, the Log Cabin role model, was as pathetic as ever. Stumping for Romney after his whole party pissed all over him for being gay. Well gay and a pedophile. He should be banned from public discourse.

Next week I will not be watching. Coultergeist and Darryl Issa will be his guests. They better hose down the set afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 4110/06/2012

Actually, it is not sot surprising that he is going to let Coulter hawk her book. She knew she would get his attention when she called him out for liking black pussy. (rolls eyes) I AM disappointed that he took the bait. Won't be watching next week. Going to watch season one of Big Love instead;)

by Anonymousreply 110/06/2012

He's not a pedophile, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 210/06/2012

no better description of Frank Lutz. Dealt with the douchbag in person.

by Anonymousreply 310/06/2012

Where can you watch Maher if you don't get HBO.

by Anonymousreply 410/06/2012

Kerry looks too skinny

by Anonymousreply 510/06/2012

I love Kerry Washington, smart and beautiful.

Mark Foley didn't even come across as heinously as I expected, he actually agreed with some of the liberal views a couple of times. Nothing to say about Will Cain, he's a typical right winger.

by Anonymousreply 610/06/2012

Will Cain was/is an asshat. At least he's not vile looking. And he laughed. Anyone who publicly claims climate change is a theory and is a parent, deserves to have their children removed from them.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2012

I'm sure Maher can hold his own against Coulter (example below).

And anyway, Ben Affleck (who I know - and I don't care - isn't popular around here) is also going to be on next week as well, so I'm definitely not missing that.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2012

I agree with R8. Won't miss it either. Ben is bright and I predict he won't be putting up with the witches bullshit EITHER.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2012

Watching now. Holy fuck., Kerry Washington is wayyyyyy too skinny

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2012

Someone should tell Lutz that it's important that the color of his rug matches the color of what's left of his hair.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2012

Isn't Luntz gay?

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2012

Sorry but if Coulter is on....I would have to have a stronger stomach. I won't be watching.

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2012

I always thought Luntz's toupee was 6 sizes too small.

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2012

Here you go R4.

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2012

Kerry Washington is smart as a whip. Very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2012

Same here, R13. I have no interest in that pathetic asshole trying to hold onto relevance.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2012

She is smart, but she failed to address the Republican's key point: That affirmative action is race-based discrimination and therefore must be eliminated if we want a race-blind society. She just denied it. But the better answer is that not all forms of discrimination are equivalent. It matters why the discrimination occurs. Another example of Republican's inability to deal with complex ideas.

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2012

>Another example of Republican's inability to deal with complex ideas.

r18, she was saying exactly that--it's difficult and it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2012

Coulter literally makes me want to throw up. She immediately resorts to name calling and twisting facts. I loathe her beyond reason.

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2012

Why loathe her beyond reason when there are so many reasons to loathe her?

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2012

Oh please. Bill Maher lost his balls the minute he was kicked off ABC. He's just another shill for the establishment. He never strays very far from what's considered acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2012

That was the first time I ever felt enticed to go watch the overtime segment, or whatever they call the web aftershow. I really liked Kerry Washington. Would love to go out for pizza and chat with her. Though I bet she wouldn't touch the pizza.

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2012

[quote][R18], she was saying exactly that--it's difficult and it's worth it.

She never addressed the fundamental fallacy: The oh-so-convenient Republican position that It is wrong to fight past race-based discrimination against blacks with race-based discrimination in favor of blacks today. They abstract the concept to have no context and pretend that it doesn't matter that we don't live in a color-blind utopia today.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2012

The last time Ann Cunter was on Bill Maher she was kept from hogging the conversation. I think Bill even shut her up a few times.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2012

Do we know if she's going to be on the actual panel or will Bill just do one of those one-on-one pre-panel interviews with her so she can shill her book and leave?

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2012

Regarding Mark Foley:

[quote]Foley's voting record on LGBT-rights issues was cited in Newsweek magazine as being an example of a homosexual politician whose policies were anti-gay. However, the Human Rights Campaign, a LGBT-rights organization, did donate money to his re-election campaigne...

I will never, ever support the HRC again. What a piece of shit organization.

by Anonymousreply 2810/06/2012

Even Foley agreed with Kerry on Affirmative Action. Things aren't going to change on their own if we get rid of it, there has to be a level playing field.

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2012

Maher should book Lawrence O'Donnell and Robert DeNiro as surprise quests for next week's show. They could sandwich Coulter between the two of them. The show could be subtitled "Men who like black pussy and the skinny white bitch who is using it as a selling point for her pointless book, discuss her pointless book." I'd watch that.

by Anonymousreply 3110/06/2012

"Coultergeist and Darryl Issa will be his guests"

ROFLMAO at "Coultergeist" - I'm going to start using that nickname for her!

by Anonymousreply 3210/06/2012

The only guest worth noting was environmentalist Bill McKibben. Just a brilliant and funny man.

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2012

McKibben had the line of the night. When Will Cain was arguing that science and inventions would allow mankind to learn to deal with a hotter planet, McKibben suggested they invent something to learn to live without Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 3410/06/2012

[quote] you can't seem to comprehend that discrimination is discrimination-whatever it's called.

You can't comprehend that I said just that, but in my opinion the context and the motivation matter. Your point of view is the simple-minded one.

by Anonymousreply 3610/06/2012

Who WAS that young guy who loved to flash his perfect teeth?

Besides being in dire need of a pizza Kerry was one of the best celebrities to ever appear on Bill's show..

That poor global warming guy was left out of the conversation Kerry should have said a little less...

Might start to watch Scandal on Netflix...

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2012

I cannot believe how thin she looked. She's so beautiful, there's no need to starve herself to death.

Did anyone else not know she was once engaged to the actor who played "Josh" in the movie "Big" - obviously don't mean Tom Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 3810/06/2012

I was surprised that Mark Foley seemed relatively reasonable. It pains me to say this, but that slimy bastard Luntz did, too. The major asshole this week was the toothy guy.

by Anonymousreply 3910/06/2012

And yet I'm sure R35 doesn't give a shit about white kids' daddies writing big fat checks to get their mediocre little shits into the Ivy League.

Do you understand that Bush was a C student who got into Yale and throughout his years at Yale, he maintained a C+ average which got him into Harvard Business School. Yes, such "superiority." Why are you not outraged by this practice? Do you think Bush was an anomaly?

It tends to be people who have failed in life who attempt to piggyback onto the accomplishments of others due solely to a shared epidermis and use it to think themselves superior - when they are clearly not.

by Anonymousreply 4010/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.