Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janet Jackson troll's head will explode in 3...2...1...

Michael Jackson’s funeral was delayed because Janet wanted her $40K burial deposit back, says new book

by Anonymousreply 20909/21/2014

But she's filthy rich!!! And Soooo Not fat either!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2012

link doesn't work. Fix, or this didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2012

Sorry, DL is fucked up thanks to these boxes! The box link works. The main link underneath and in this thread is broken.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2012

Hmm, not sure why the link won't work. Lets try it again...

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2012

Ugh, I'll copy and paste...

When Michael Jackson’s mother Katherine was “abducted” from the home she shares with her grandchildren and held against her will in Arizona by some of her kids in July, it exposed all the greed and backstabbing that has consumed the family since MJ’s 2009 death. And in a new book, Untouchable, author Randall Sullivan further blows open the doors on what exactly went down in the hours after the King of Pop overdosed on the painkiller propofol – and how the singer's own flesh and blood has been after his millions ever since.

In an excerpt of the book obtained by Vanity Fair for its November issue, Sullivan reveals that mere hours after Michael’s death at his rented chateau in Los Angeles’ Holmby Hills, his older sister LaToya showed up with her boyfriend Jeffre Phillips and demanded to be allowed in. “We’re family and we should have access to the house,” they reportedly claimed.

Not long after the two were granted entry into Michael’s abode, which he shared with his three children, his mother also showed up and called Grace Rwaramba, the recently-fired nanny of Prince, 15, Paris, 14, and Blanket, 10. According to Rwaramba, Katherine said, “Grace, the children are crying. They are asking about you. They can’t believe their father died.” Then, without missing a beat, she added, “Grace, you remember Michael used to hide cash at the house? I’m here. Where can it be?”

Michael apparently used to put his money in black garbage bags, which he then hid under the carpets at his home. Ronald Williams, who handled security at the Holmby Hills residence, tells Sullivan that he saw LaToya and her boyfriend stuffing black garbage bags into duffel bags at the house, which LaToya denies (she says nearly all the money was gone by the time she arrived at her brother’s mansion).

The next morning after Michael’s death, his younger sister Janet showed up at his house, moving van in tow – and a few hours later, it left with LaToya’s boyfriend behind the wheel. Katherine, Janet, and LaToya “camped out for most of the week,” Williams tells Sullivan, adding that the trio came and went “whenever they felt like it.”

When it came time to bury their beloved cash cow, the scheming over money did not cease. According to Sullivan’s book, Michael was not laid to rest until September 2009 (he died on June 25) because Janet would not allow it until his estate repaid her the $40,000 cemetery deposit that she had ponied up to secure him a spot at Forest Lawn in Glendale, California.

As for the July incident with Katherine, which left Michael’s three children without supervision for about two weeks before a judge appointed their cousin TJ as their new guardian, that too had to do with money. Untouchable reveals that Janet arranged for her 82-year-old mother to be checked out by a physician before she traveled to Albuquerque to watch her sons’ Unity Tour – but she lied to the elderly woman and told her the unknown doctor was an associate of her own … but he was actually Dr. Allen Metzger, who was a defense witness at the trial of the man convicted of manslaughter in Michael’s death, Dr. Conrad Murray.

Dr. Metzger told Katherine that her blood pressure was a bit high and advised her not to make the road trip to Albuquerque. Instead, she and her oldest daughter Rebbie headed to the airport, where she soon realized she had been booked for a flight to Tucson. When Katherine arrived at the Miraval Resort & Spa there, Janet greeted her. According to the excerpt in Vanity Fair, five of her children, including Janet, Rebbie, Jermaine, and Randy, “were attempting to gain a conservatorship over her, possibly by demonstrating her incompetence to serve as guardian of Michael’s children. They hoped to gain control of their brother’s fortune, which would follow Prince, Paris, and Blanket wherever they went.”

Although Katherine's representatives cooperated with Sullivan on his book, the rest of the Jackson family has yet to comment on his claims.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2012

Learn to link, OP.

by Anonymousreply 710/06/2012

Thanks R6...the Yahoo comments are the best part! Well...unless you're the Janet troll, then they're devastating.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2012

Can you tell me the correct way to link, R7? I wasn't aware there was a special trick to it!

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2012

Copy the URL, paste in the box that says "Url:"

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2012

That's exactly what I did. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 1110/06/2012

She's fabulously talented too!!! All the best singers lip-synch their "concerts." And she didn't ride Michael's coattails, record companies would've been clamoring to record her barely audible, whisper voice even if she hadn't had a superstar sibling!!!

by Anonymousreply 1210/06/2012

Can someone post that Janet Jackson song template again?

Giggles, cums, cue rain and thunder...

by Anonymousreply 1310/06/2012

I don't think she's so rich. She's been living a Michael Jackson life for years on a dwindling income. Which is why she's trying to marry that rich A-rab.

Why have they been 'engaged' for two years? Is he waiting for a windfall?

by Anonymousreply 1410/06/2012

And .. and ... she had a number #1 NYT bestseller!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1510/06/2012

For the final time, Janet is loaded. She is just a cheap ass.

When most singers release a song, they get a copy of Billboard and watch (or at least hope) the single climbs up in the charts.

When Janet released a single, she ran to her bank and wanted to see how many deposits from royalties there were.

Other singers get excited when their song hit the top ten. Janet gets excited when their is ten more dollar in her checking account.

She loves money. She wants to save her money and spend everyone else's money.

Look up the word cheapskate in a dictionary and there is a picture of Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2012

Janet has demanded a retraction of the article and an apology from Vanity Fair through her lawyer:

[quote]"To falsely accuse Ms Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. Ms Jackson never delayed the funeral in any way.

[quote]"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms Jackson incurred and for which she never sought reimbursement."

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2012

That U-Haul was for all the dildos.

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2012

EDIT!

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1...

Goddamnit!!! EDIT that fuckin' article!

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2012

#16, she hasn't had a hit in a decade. But the butler, maids, masseuse, travelling chef, hair weave engineer, personal trainer, chauffeur, security, stylist (and nannies, if you believe the rumor that she has secretly had children).... are still going to want to get paid.

Which is why she needs Michael's money.

Which is why she and her brothers conspired to off him with the help of the bad doctah.

Janet is the most like her father.

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2012

"...she needs Michael's money. Which is why she and her brothers conspired to off him with the help of the bad doctah. "

It'd be pretty stupid to off someone for the money, when you know he's cut you out of the will.

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2012

OP, you (and several others) are S.T.U.P.I.D.

Janet's lawyer has just demanded that hack Vanity Fair editor-in-chief to not only retract the lies, but to contact every affiliate that subsequently re-reported the lies for them to make a full retraction as well. I hope she sues their scum-sucking asses. Part one of the letter...

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2012

part two...

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2012

[quote]#16, she hasn't had a hit in a decade. But the butler, maids, masseuse, travelling chef, hair weave engineer, personal trainer, chauffeur, security, stylist (and nannies, if you believe the rumor that she has secretly had children).... are still going to want to get paid.

You silly asshole. Janet Jackson is one of the wealthiest women in the music business. You obviously don't know how the music industry works. When you write or co-write songs, and those songs are covered, sampled, etc., you make money. Continuously. Janet's songs are constantly covered and sampleed by other artists. It's called residuals. She is also set to gain control of her Virgin Records masters in 2013, thanks in part to her two landmark record deals in the '90s that made her the richest female performer in history at the time. Add to all of that her income from touring the world since 1990, selling millions of records and singles, making films, landing endorsement deals, etc., and it is obvious to see why she was in the top 10 of Forbes's list of the richest female entertainers.

Now have a seat.

by Anonymousreply 2410/06/2012

Her critically-heralded "The Velvet Rope" album turns 15 tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2012

I think Janet is a cheapskate and as cold as ice. The whole family seems pretty sick. I hope the kids will get their father's money, before one of their relatives murders them.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2012

Anyone who thinks this story is true is a sick and racist fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2012

Save the bullshit, R28. YOU hate Janet, for some unknown reason. Plenty of us love her.

[quote]Velvet Rope is completely forgotten today.

Bull and shit. "Got 'til It's Gone" was just covered recently by singer Marsha Ambrosius. The album's themes of railing against homophobia, celebrating a departed loved one and loving yourself still resonate. It is STILL regarded as Janet's best album.

[quote]None of her albums have become classics. Control is a cute album, but it's hardly remembered by that many people.

Are you mad? "Control" and "Rhythm Nation" ALONE are classics that helped to define their eras, one ushering in a slew of dance divas of color (Janet clones) and the other beginning the New Jack Swing era of music and spawning more imitators. Songs from both albums are still sampled and remade by other artists to this day, and you will deal.

[quote]Janbot, DL is laughing about you. Why do you keep coming back here?

The only one being laughed at is the stupid queen (you) who's got her panties in a bunch because he will never be as rich, famous and celebrated as Janet Jackson.

Now go back to your roach-infested trailer and have a fucking seat.

by Anonymousreply 2910/06/2012

The Janet troll has officially arrived, folks!

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2012

"Even for as huge as Janet Jackson is. I still feel like her records are underrated. #brilliant" -- Adam Levine on Twitter

He also regarded his recent nude ad where his girlfriend is clutching his junk from behind as being the male version of Janet's iconic Rolling Stone magazine cover. It's one of the most iconic/parodied/covered photos of a singer of all time.

by Anonymousreply 3110/06/2012

Wrestler CM Punk

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2012

Loved TVR. I hope Janet gets around to making heartfelt music again, she is sorely missed on the music scene.

by Anonymousreply 3510/06/2012

R28/R32's unflinching hatred for a woman he's never even met is kind of scary. I'm getting a Dahmer vibe from him.

Anyway, "The Velvet Rope" is very much remembered. It's regarded as her best work, got a 3.5 Rolling stone review almogst many other accolaides, songs from it are still remade, and you will most certainly get the fuck over your deluded self.

by Anonymousreply 3610/06/2012

I agree, R35. "The Velvet Rope" is a classic pop/R&B output. I like how she even touched on electronica on it with the brilliant "Empty"

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2012

Joni Mitchell speaks on her love for the "Got 'til It's Gone" video @ 4:10 in this video

by Anonymousreply 3810/06/2012

Janbot, you do know the title of this thread, don't you?

It is called:

"Janet Jackson troll's head will exploded in 3...2...1..."

DL is laughing about you, honey. And it is laughing about Janet Jackson as well.

Deal.

by Anonymousreply 3910/06/2012

[quote]Literally EVERY poster was laughing at you

Five posts out of twenty do not equate "literally EVERY poster," my friend. I guess reading and math aren't your strong suits.

by Anonymousreply 4010/06/2012

[quote]Janbot, you do know the title of this thread, don't you? It is called: "Janet Jackson troll's head will exploded in 3...2...1..."

I'm very well aware of the thread's title. However, it looks like I have the last laugh, because the article and book that the OP so gleefully came to DL to post about has already been debunked as a fraud by MJ executors and everyone else involved, let alone Janet's attorney demanding a retraction of the lies.

And you were saying...?

by Anonymousreply 4110/06/2012

"debunked as a fraud by MJ executors"

You realize those lawyers are shysters who are ripping off the estate, right? The Jackson family is, how to say this kindly, really stupid and those lawyers are making a killing.

by Anonymousreply 4210/06/2012

If Janet Jackson truly were this great 'artiste', she would have recorded an album in the last years, sales figures be damned.

But she didn't.

Why?

Because she has nothing to say.

Because the public has forgotten her, and there is no demand.

Because her musical talent is minimal, at best.

Because she never was that committed to music in the first place.

Because she only got a career through nepotism, and she's realised her time is up now.

by Anonymousreply 4310/06/2012

Rhianna borrowed Janet's Velvet Rope-era curly red hairdo' a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4410/06/2012

"Janet's songs are constantly covered and sampleed by other artists."

Do you know what the word "constantly" means? When and where are her songs EVER done?

by Anonymousreply 4510/06/2012

[quote] because the article and book that the OP so gleefully came to DL to post about has already been debunked as a fraud

AHA! But they never deny that she's a big fat cow!

by Anonymousreply 4610/06/2012

God, you're a pathetic human being, Janet Jackson troll.

You're not even gay, are you? Just a sad stalker-fan.

by Anonymousreply 4710/06/2012

"it looks like I have the last laugh"

It's only the laughing voices in your schizophrenic head, hon.

Not surprisingly, you haven't answered my question yet: what are you trying to achieve?

The people who dislike Janet will not be won over by your constant fan drivel and idiotic factoids.

Why are you even here? Why not spend your time on a Janet fansite instead?

Answer me that.

by Anonymousreply 4810/06/2012

[quote]Do you know what the word "constantly" means? When and where are her songs EVER done?

by Anonymousreply 4910/06/2012

[quote]Do you know what the word "constantly" means? When and where are her songs EVER done?

by Anonymousreply 5010/06/2012

Oh dear and FFS

by Anonymousreply 5110/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5210/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5310/06/2012

R46 just read you, Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 5410/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5510/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5610/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5710/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5810/06/2012

by Anonymousreply 5910/06/2012

Is the Meryl loon here too? :)

by Anonymousreply 6010/06/2012

Lady Gaga calling Janet a legend

by Anonymousreply 6110/06/2012

Gurrrrrl, someone really stirred up the JJ troll this time! He's cutting and pasting up a storm up in this bitch! SMOKE be comin' out his keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 6210/06/2012

Bull and shit. "Got 'til It's Gone" was just covered recently by singer Marsha Ambrosius. The album's themes of railing against homophobia, celebrating a departed loved one and loving yourself still resonate. It is STILL regarded as Janet's best album.

Yeah I think that is the reason Joni Mitchell wrote it.

You do know Janet covered too right?

by Anonymousreply 6310/06/2012

Here's a contestant recently covering Janet's "Together Again" on the reality show "The Next." "Together Again." One of the biggest-selling singles of all time. From "The Velvet Rope". A "forgotten" album. Yeah, sure.

by Anonymousreply 6410/06/2012

Janet's "Come Back to Me" covered by R&B artist Teairra Mari last year

by Anonymousreply 6510/06/2012

Hip-hop artist Plies had a top 10 Hot 100 hit in 2008 with his song "Bust It Baby", a song which is based on a sample of Janet's "Come Back To Me"

by Anonymousreply 6610/06/2012

[quote]You do know Janet covered too right?

She sampled it. Besides, Janet is a big fan of Joni. She paid homage.

by Anonymousreply 6710/06/2012

[quote]Gurrrrrl, someone really stirred up the JJ troll this time! He's cutting and pasting up a storm up in this bitch! SMOKE be comin' out his keyboard

LOL hey, he asked. I'm just answering his very stupid question.

by Anonymousreply 6810/06/2012

Kelly Clarkson covering Janet's "If" in concert

by Anonymousreply 6910/06/2012

"Glee" castmembers covering "Control"

by Anonymousreply 7010/06/2012

Janet's influence...

by Anonymousreply 7110/06/2012

Dannii Minogue Janet medley

by Anonymousreply 7210/06/2012

Kylie Minogue's "Too Much of a Good Thing" contained a snippet vocal sample from "Control"

by Anonymousreply 7310/06/2012

I guess it's quiet in the insane asylum tonight, so he/she/it gets uninterrupted computer time.

by Anonymousreply 7410/06/2012

Lost Boyz "Renee" sampled Janet's "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)"

by Anonymousreply 7610/06/2012

Former Janet dancer Jennifer Lopez talking about how Janet's "Pleasure Principle" video made her want to get into the business

by Anonymousreply 7710/06/2012

r22, Flo Anthony, sitting at her PC, with several empty boxes of Entenmann's at her feet.

by Anonymousreply 7810/06/2012

Janet's iconic "Rhythm Nation" was the subject of a parody on the comedy sketch show "In Living Color". They say you know you've made it when you're being parodied...

by Anonymousreply 7910/06/2012

Celebs Tweet about Janet

by Anonymousreply 8010/06/2012

pt. 2

by Anonymousreply 8110/06/2012

Benicio Del Toro, Brad Pitt and Guy Ritchie Premiere magazine parody of Janet's Rolling Stone cover

by Anonymousreply 8210/06/2012

celebs speak about Janet

by Anonymousreply 8310/06/2012

Peter Andre spoke about how his "Defender" video is a direct homage to Janet's "Rhythm Nation" video

by Anonymousreply 8410/06/2012

Yeah R77. JLo thought, "If they are letting this no-talent puta make music, maybe I have a chance too!"

by Anonymousreply 8510/06/2012

Sequence from "Sister Act 2" in which a bit of "What Have You Done For Me Lately" is covered. Starring...none other than R32's favorite...LAURYN HILL!

by Anonymousreply 8610/06/2012

Late '80s TV series "Nasty Boys" had Janet's "Nasty" as its theme song...

by Anonymousreply 8710/06/2012

No wonder she's broke R83; she has to pay these celebs to tweet nice shit about her.

by Anonymousreply 8810/06/2012

Michael Jackson's 1995 MTV Awards performance contained vocal snippets from a couple of Janet songs.

by Anonymousreply 8910/06/2012

You go Janbot! I bet the OP is a Vadge stan...eew.

by Anonymousreply 9010/06/2012

[quote]No wonder she's broke [R83]; she has to pay these celebs to tweet nice shit about her.

Nice try, but LAME ASS FAIL! I've already explained why she's one of the richest women in entertainment. If you can't keep up, then shut up.

by Anonymousreply 9110/06/2012

LOL I know, R90, right! I love taking idiots to school. I'll bet the queen who dared ask "Who covers Janet's songs?" is feeling like the twerp he was born to be right about now.

by Anonymousreply 9210/06/2012

According to J.Randy Taborelli's book on Michael Jackson, Janet stole the idea for Rhythm Nation from Michael. The concept was what he was planning for his next album and after that he refused to let her know what he was artistically planning.

As Prince Jackson said on Twitter about Janet - my dad always warned me about certain people and their ways...

by Anonymousreply 9310/06/2012

And the "Rhythm Nation is Iconic" hits just keep comin'.

Singer Keri Hilson tributed "RN" in her "Pretty Girl Rock" video from a couple of years ago

by Anonymousreply 9410/06/2012

TLC showing love for Janet over the years

by Anonymousreply 9510/06/2012

[quote]According to J.Randy Taborelli's book on Michael Jackson, Janet stole the idea for Rhythm Nation from Michael. The concept was what he was planning for his next album and after that he refused to let her know what he was artistically planning.

Spoken like a sadly misinformed hater. Michael admitted that she was inspired by his Captain EO militant choreography, but he knew that RN was her baby. He even visited the set while she was shooting the RN mini movie in Los Angeles in 1989, and loved what he saw. They were always inspired by each other. He said several times that the song "The Knowledge" from RN is one of his favorite tracks, and he used to rehearse his dancing to it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 9610/06/2012

Janet's "Black Cat" netted her a Best Female Rock Vocal nom at the 1990 Grammys. It helped to make her the ONLY artist in history to be nominated in the Rock, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop and R&B categories at the Grammys, a record she still holds.

by Anonymousreply 9710/06/2012

YOU'VE explained it, R91, so therefore we HAVE TO ACCEPT IT? Not only are you a pathetic fanbot, you are a malignant narcissist as well. Get some help, please. Besides, Janet will never acknowledge you - she's probably afraid of your psycho ass.

by Anonymousreply 9810/06/2012

"Rhythm Nation 1814" remains the only album to contain 7 top 5 Hot 100 hits, 3 #1s in 3 separate calendar years, it was the best selling album of 1990, it won Janet over 12 awards in one night at the 1991 Billboard Awards, making her the artist with the most Billboard award wins-male or female, today's artists still look to it as an inspirational time capsule in pop music history...

Its iconic stature is set in stone. Sorry, haters.

by Anonymousreply 9910/06/2012

[quote]YOU'VE explained it, [R91], so therefore we HAVE TO ACCEPT IT?

Accept it? Ha! As if accepting it is some great defeat or disappointment on your part. But, to answer your question...uh...yeah. Take it in, learn it, love it, know it, and move on.

by Anonymousreply 10010/06/2012

"Bull and shit. "Got 'til It's Gone" was just covered recently by singer Marsha Ambrosius."

Well, I guess we can all just hush now that MARSHA AMBROSIUS has weighed in.

by Anonymousreply 10110/06/2012

Artist Iyaz sampled Janet's Academy Award-nominated #1 hit "Again" in his song "Solo"

by Anonymousreply 10210/06/2012

Even Anderson Cooper is a Janet fangurl. He practically gushed when she was on his show earlier this year.

Her appearance on his show gave him his highest ratings of the season, even higer than when that middle aged, veiny armed, gap-toothed woman appeared on his show. What's her name again...The Virgin Mary or something?

by Anonymousreply 10310/06/2012

Janet surprised a few mega-fans on Anderson's show as well. They're in awe of The Queen...

by Anonymousreply 10410/06/2012

R100, you are pitiful. Entertaining, but so pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 10510/06/2012

In 2011, fans line up around the block in Hollywood to get their copies of Janet's #1 NY Times Bestselling book, True You, signed.

by Anonymousreply 10610/06/2012

Janet's limo was mobbed by eager fans as she left a NYC True You book signing in 2011

by Anonymousreply 10710/06/2012

Janet's Russian fanclub wished her happy birthday, while tributing her iconic "Rhythm Nation" video.

by Anonymousreply 10810/06/2012

And the Janet Jackson Royalty Check Train just keeps a-rollin'. Her Top 5 hit "I Get Lonely" was sampled in this track from artist Maniac

by Anonymousreply 10910/06/2012

Ex-Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland, a longtime Janet fan, gave homeage to Janet's 1997 Soul Train Awards performance of "I Get Lonely" last year

by Anonymousreply 11010/06/2012

Kelly was inspired by this performance

by Anonymousreply 11110/06/2012

If you're going to be a fangurl at least pick a diva who's been through hell and back. Here's a perfect example. And she/they LOVE THE GAYS!

by Anonymousreply 11210/06/2012

Janet is just a horrible human being.

Every day, a little bit a little bit more comes out about her true character.

by Anonymousreply 11310/06/2012

[quote]According to J.Randy Taborelli's book on Michael Jackson, Janet stole the idea for Rhythm Nation from Michael. The concept was what he was planning for his next album and after that he refused to let her know what he was artistically planning.

That probably explains why she tried to block his burial for so long.

by Anonymousreply 11410/06/2012

Her niece Paris despises her. Why did Janet have to viciously slap Paris in front of witnesses (and call her a stupid little bitch)and a security camera, and try to take away her iPhone from her?

Paris should have pressed assault charges.

by Anonymousreply 11510/06/2012

How do we know that Janbot is not really Janet herself?

It's not like she has much else to do besides scamming herpes medication and ordering 16 pizzas.

by Anonymousreply 11610/07/2012

The thread turned yellow and the fun was gone.:(

No way Vanity Fair would print that excerpt without it being thoroughly vetted and approved by Conde Naste corporate counsel. They printed the Tom Cruise material under threat from his lawyer, the notoriously litigious Bert Fields, and it all came to nothing, as will this.

by Anonymousreply 11710/07/2012

She might be spendng her time reading the Koran for her conversion to Islam, if the gossip magazine covers are to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 11810/07/2012

Don't make me use trolldar...

It just breaks my heart to find out the little who played Penny on GT has grown up to be a money grubbing bitch...

by Anonymousreply 11910/07/2012

Smack, R119, Willona!

by Anonymousreply 12010/07/2012

Vadge stans go away. You all know Janet is the business and y'all are hating all bitches. Go worship the old hag and leave the queen alone.

by Anonymousreply 12110/07/2012

This thread is urine stained yellow.

by Anonymousreply 12210/07/2012

"Don't make me use trolldar..."

Do it! Do it!

It'll tell you how the Janbot spends her Saturday nights.

by Anonymousreply 12310/07/2012

I love the Janbot Troll!

Janet's musical career is like Obama's presidency-so many achievements but somehow the message doesn't come across to the public. She's not always 'on'-like Madonna-who worships the spotlight.

But there's no denying that Ms Janet has had an illustrious career that many artists would envy...

by Anonymousreply 12410/07/2012

Trolldar is the world's greatest invention. Lets me enjoy the snark and avoid the fevered ravings of the JanLoon.

I mean, I'm a fan of some people, but I tend to stay out of criticism threads because I'm aware that I'd sound like a particularly idiotic 12 year old. I'm also aware that nothing I say would change anybody's mind.

But then, of course, I'm not a crazy person.

by Anonymousreply 12510/07/2012

Janet is a talentless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12610/07/2012

And she's broke and fat, R126.

by Anonymousreply 12710/07/2012

"I'm also aware that nothing I say would change anybody's mind"

Exactly, r125.

I love how Janbot hasn't answered that particular question: what is it trying to achieve?

Because his rantings won't suppress the snark, and the people who dislike Janet certainly aren't persuaded to suddenly respect her. Quite on the contrary.

True psychotic narcissism looks like Janbot's drivel.

And it doesn't look pretty.

by Anonymousreply 12810/07/2012

"But there's no denying that Ms Janet has had an illustrious career that many artists would envy"

Uh, a career she got through NEPOTISM, sweetheart.

I think that is one of the reasons Janet's current 'career' is completely in the toilet. The people who truly matter, who decide about careers, don't respect her.

You can hate Madonna all you want, but she got her career because of hard work, and against all odds. She is respected for her tenacity.

That's why she is still around, and Janet is the very definition of a has-been these days.

by Anonymousreply 12910/07/2012

"Uh, a career she got through NEPOTISM, sweetheart."

It's gets you in the door,but Janet's Creativity,Uniqueness,Nerve and Talent kept the door open!

by Anonymousreply 13010/07/2012

[quote]If you're going to be a fangurl at least pick a diva who's been through hell and back.

We already have dear.

by Anonymousreply 13110/07/2012

She will be on either Celebrity Rehab or Celebrity Fit Club within the next five years.

by Anonymousreply 13210/07/2012

No, r130. Her collaborators kept her going.

Again: if she were a real musical 'artiste', she would have released any music of worth in the last few years. But she hasn't.

She's purely a commercial act, a performer who's learned the tricks, but has no substance within.

Jnaet in the 80s and 90s: the definitin of nepotism.

Janet today: the definition of has-been, precisely because nepotism is no longer sustaining her career.

by Anonymousreply 13310/07/2012

I think Janbot IS actually Janet. She's revealed too many details that even the obsessed/psychotic fan wouldn't know. If it were actually Janet, I'd gladly buy her CD and support a fellow DLer!

by Anonymousreply 13410/07/2012

You've got a point, r134.

Spooky.

Janet, if you're reading this: your career is indeed over. But why be so upset about it?

You've been around longer than Paula Abdul, or, say, Sinitta.

You really should count your blessings, and enjoy the memories. You would have been a nobody without your brother. You were a LUCKY girl.

I don't mean this in a snarky way, either.

by Anonymousreply 13510/07/2012

I'm just joking. I know it isn't Janet.

by Anonymousreply 13610/07/2012

I honestly don't know who is crazier - the psychotic research troll or the snotty aesthete troll.

by Anonymousreply 13710/07/2012

Madonna's "Still around"? Doing what? The album and movie bombed. The "tour" is getting no press other than pointing out her embarassing and desperate grabs for attention.

Such "Tenacity"! I'd rather be a has-been. Fortunately, I'm not!

by Anonymousreply 13810/07/2012

r138, I wasn't saying Madonna's last album was any good. It's terrible, actually.

But the woman has a 120 million dollar deal, and Janet is, well, without a deal.

So yes, Madonna is still around. She's performing around the world, at large venues. Janet isn't.

Madonna's tenacity IS respected, even if people no longer like her music.

Janet never was that respected, because she ran on nepotism. That's one of the reasons she's now a has-been (Superbowl being the other reason).

by Anonymousreply 13910/07/2012

I was very sad when Michael Jackson died; I cried and cried, especially at the memorial service. Before that, I remember Janet speaking on tv and saying something like, "to you (meaning the public) Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family."

Yeah, right, bitch: spelled, "m-e-a-l t-i-c-k-e-t." And she has HER money. UNreal.

Sort of makes you understand why Oprah supposedly doesn't help some of HER relatives$$.

by Anonymousreply 14010/07/2012

Think I agree with both the Janet-lovers"Janet is SO RICH!" and the Janet-haters: I believe she has tons of $$, but I ALSO believe she may tigher than the bark of a tree.

What's somewhat depressing, and maybe good for those posters who HAVE a few bucks:

you can be like Michael Jackson - smart enough to have the best lawyers and an iron-clad sounding will, with guardian(his mother; Diana R as back-up) appointed; leave your $$ in trust to your kids; blah-blah:

but look what can happen when you leave custody to your 80+ mother: unscruplous siblings try to trick her.

The poster who mentions, hope MJ's kids live long enough to get their $$$:

GOOD point. From my years in law (only a tiny bit, trusts and estates), I seem to remember a phrase like "contingent beneficiary"

(help me out, please: any lawyers here?)

...meaning: you leave your $$ to X, or X and Y.

BUT then if X or Y die...??

Usually, to THEIR estates/beneficiaries...

BUT: what if your (main) beneficiaries, as in this case, are minor children?

Seriously, has this even been brought up in the media:

What if, God forbid, Michael's 3 children died in a car accidenta? before they're 18?

WHO get that money??? The lawyers, as administrators of the trust??

This must be written somewhere; is part of any will. I would be curious...

by Anonymousreply 14110/07/2012

R141 I believe the contingent beneficiaries are the cousins, particularly TJ Jackson, who is the current guardian of the children.

by Anonymousreply 14210/07/2012

R139 A 120 million dollar deal that they're not going to make their money back on.

And what "tenacity" Madonna has. Willing to do anything no matter how classless and degrading it is just to stay in the media.

I'm not a huge Janet fan, but I give her props for realizing that she's had her heyday musically. Yes, she had Nipplegate, but if that was so truly tragic, then why is the other one flashing those sandbags she calls breasts on her latest tour?

If Janet is fifty four and flashing her tits and ass on stage, then get back to me on embarassing and desperate. But I'm sure Janet's body won't be looking like a piece of beef jerky either.

by Anonymousreply 14310/07/2012

Late rapper JDilla's song "Glamour Sho75" contained a sample of...

by Anonymousreply 14410/07/2012

...the 1982 Janet single "Come Give Your Love to Me"

by Anonymousreply 14510/07/2012

[quote]Janet's musical career is like Obama's presidency-so many achievements but somehow the message doesn't come across to the public. She's not always 'on'-like Madonna-who worships the spotlight. But there's no denying that Ms Janet has had an illustrious career that many artists would envy...

THIS. It's funny, but I picture all of these idiots on here who are snarking on Janet/refuting her place in music history as a bunch of white, middle-aged, pot-bellied, Madonna-worshiping queens who followed her career since she was a tricking waif in NYC to today, and hate the fact that Madonna is but a sad caricature of her former self, who resorts to publicly lashing out at a younger, more relevant and infinitely more talented Lady Gaga because she wishes she had half the career that Gaga has. She's now reduced to mimicking Janet in her overpriced show, getting booed by Parisian fans and downgrading from the M&T Stadium in Maryland to the Verizon Center in DC because, as her fangurls can't seem to grasp, her show isn't selling like she arrogantly assumed it would. If the writing wasn't on the wall for them with the embarrassment that was "FLOPdna", then you know they'll never really get it.

One idiot dared ask what Janet songs had been covered, and I answered his question IN ABUNDANCE. This is but a small fraction of Janet's legacy. Janet is an icon because of her talent. Having the Jackson name got them ALL through the door, but she became a star because of her talent. Every one of you haters can just sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 14610/07/2012

Yes, r146, because Janet "national has-been" Jackson didn't have to play tiny venues on her latest "tour".

Madonna is pathetic, but at least she is still in demand.

You may have heard of her little Superbowl shindig this year? Highest-rated tv moment in HISTORY.

America may not buy her latest album (and it is a poor record for sure), but boy, do they still love and want Madonna the performer.

Where is the demand for a big Janet moment on tv?

That's right, it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 14710/07/2012

Not even Glee has done a Janet episode. And it's been on the air for how long now..?

Glee did a Madonna episode, though, and it was a big success. The accompanying Madonna tribute album went to # 1 on billboard.

Madonna = culturally relevant.

Janet = so irrelevant they're not even doing an episode in, what, season 4 now?

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 14810/07/2012

They did do the "Scream" video in the MJ episode though.

It was shit.

by Anonymousreply 14910/07/2012

Who?

by Anonymousreply 15010/07/2012

I also wanted to add,r146,that Ms.Janet has always been reticent about her personal life-which might explain why her career achievements are not so heavily touted compared to someone like Madonna,who exploits even her most casual relationships(Dennis Rodman,anyone?)Janet-like Madonna-has also been married twice,but Janet is so down low about her relationships that in both instances,no one even knew she was married until they were over. She goes in,does the work,and goes back to her life.

Also,one of my first jobs was working at a record store in 1986 stocking product,and there were three albums that kept people coming back-Anita Baker's "Rapture", Whitney Houston's self titled debut album and Janet's "Control". God forbid if we ran out of any one of those albums,which at that time was frequent.

Those were heady times for R&B/Pop-even middling artists like Me'lisa Morgan,Freddie Jackson and Paul Lawrence had huge crossover success. The number of units they sold during that time would be considered chart blockbusters today.

But I'm digressing. Whitney is gone,Anita has gained weight and doesn't care anymore, but Ms Janet is still here!

by Anonymousreply 15110/07/2012

[quote]Where is the demand for a big Janet moment on tv? That's right, it doesn't exist.

Take the dick out of your mouth and think clearly for a minute. Did you not see the fandemonium that Janet STILL causes in the previous clips? Did you not read that she gave Anderson Cooper his HIGHEST ratings of the season, even higher than when OLDdonna herself appeared on his show? Janet does not covet the spotlight the way that Madonna does. She grew up around it, and his been in the business for the better part of 40 years. Madonna was, is and will ALWAYS be desperate for attention, which is just pathetic, particularly for someone as old as she is.

by Anonymousreply 15210/07/2012

Oh, who gives a fuck about that, R148? A "Glee" episode? I'm guffawing as I type. Ryan Murphy, the creator of "Glee", fits the typical Madonna-fan demographic--a middle-aged white man. He was probably champing at the pink-sequined bit to create a Madonna episode on his show, so the fact that she got one came as no surprise. The sad fact that Whitney Houston got one after she was DEAD came as no surprise, either. Female pop icons of color have always had to struggle for recognition, or to be seen as equal, so the fact that GLEE covered "Control" is actually a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 15310/07/2012

You're not culturally relevant if your album flops. And hers TANKED.

The GLEE episode was because of Ryan Murphy. A middle aged white gay man.

The album went to number one on the strength of the show. GLEE had tremendous success on the Billboared charts during that period. Madonna had nothing to do with it.

You old farts are too much.

Keep reaching.

by Anonymousreply 15410/07/2012

What R151 said.

by Anonymousreply 15510/07/2012

Janet's landmark Rhythm Nation World Tour remains the biggest debut tour by any artist. It touched down on several continents, set a record by selling out the Tokyo Dome in under 7 minutes, and was the ONLY tour by a female artist in 1990 to place in the top ten of the US touring box office.

by Anonymousreply 15610/07/2012

Say it again, R154, because it bears repeating.

by Anonymousreply 15710/07/2012

Janet and Gene Kelly in 1988--new legend meets old legend

by Anonymousreply 15810/07/2012

Little Janet and Betty White

by Anonymousreply 15910/07/2012

Young Janet and young Cher

by Anonymousreply 16010/07/2012

What has she done for us lately?

by Anonymousreply 16110/07/2012

Janet/Cher pic without the link

by Anonymousreply 16210/07/2012

[quote]"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms Jackson incurred and for which she never sought reimbursement."

Even her denials reek of cheapness and passive aggressive bitchiness.

He was your fucking brother, without whom you would not have made millions. Spend a few on him and shut up about it!

That whole family is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 16310/07/2012

[quote]What has she done for us lately?

It's been said before, and was equally unfunny then.

But, since you asked, she put out a #1 bestselling book, did a few films, secured a film production deal, toured the world in 2011, had two endorsement deals, and put the smackdown on foolish media outlets who've tried to tarnish her image.

by Anonymousreply 16410/07/2012

It is difficult for me to picture a rabid Janet Jackson fan who isn't a drag queen.

I know, that's not fair, but probably not too far off the mark . . .

by Anonymousreply 16510/07/2012

R162: Cher looks like Mortia Addams

by Anonymousreply 16610/07/2012

[quote]He was your fucking brother, without whom you would not have made millions. Spend a few on him and shut up about it!

Oh, fuck off and croak already. That "She's famous because of her brother" shit is hackneyed beyond belief. Michael Jackson had eight siblings. If being his siblng assured massive worldwide success, then why was Janet the ONLY Jackson sibling to achieve it?

Case rested.

by Anonymousreply 16710/07/2012

Actually, R165, drag has never interested me in the slightest. But thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 16810/07/2012

Not all of Janet's detractors are white.

by Anonymousreply 16910/07/2012

[quote] If being his siblng assured massive worldwide success, then why was Janet the ONLY Jackson sibling to achieve it?

Because her connection to Micheal got her the PRODUCERS who turned her nothing voice into a product that sold really well.

None of the other siblings had the good luck to find producers that were as good as the ones who got Janet going with Control.

by Anonymousreply 17010/07/2012

R168: Oh honey, you sell yourself short: All your posts are a drag.

(And you may have never actually had the never to DO drag, but you write like a drag queen.)

by Anonymousreply 17110/07/2012

I didn't think it was possible, but we have a poster who is even more tedious than PPSM. That was a high hurdle to cross-KUDOS!

by Anonymousreply 17210/07/2012

Bullshit, R170. Jam/Lewis were working with artists at A&M records, Janet's first label, when she hooked up with them. It had nothing to do with Michael. Joe Jackson got her her first recording contract. The success of The Jackson Five was the nucleus for the success of the entire family. Jermaine also had respectable career and some solid hits and good producers in the '80s. Janet's career didn't span over the course of four decades because she was Michael Jackson's sister.

by Anonymousreply 17310/07/2012

But don't most drag queens impersonate divas that can actually SING?

by Anonymousreply 17410/07/2012

[quote]Oh honey...

Well, look at who else writes like a drag queen.

LMAO!

It's so funny that someone as benevolent as Janet Jackson causes so much ire in so many. Hate on, haters.

by Anonymousreply 17510/07/2012

Not all of them, R174...

*cough* Madonna impersonators *cough*

by Anonymousreply 17610/07/2012

Who are these people who are so invested in a celebrity that they troll the internet looking for any mention of their idols? Fucking lunatics. The Janbot, the Leann Rimes troll, the TC fans (clams), the Jen vs. Angelina nuts, etc. I neither hate them nor love them but it's fun to gossip about them and really don't give two shits if any of it's true or not.

Christ on a stick!

by Anonymousreply 17810/07/2012

Oh, that's no surprise, R177, with your ignorant post that smacks of racism.

by Anonymousreply 18010/07/2012

Oh, I don't troll the net looking for Janet mentions, R178. I just feel compelled to respond to uninformed doofuses.

by Anonymousreply 18110/07/2012

I think you're wrong about that,r170. If memory serves,Janet released three albums prior to "Control"when she was managed by her father-the notorious Joe-to minor success. I believe that Jam and Lewis sought her out,wanting to distance themselves from Prince/Morris Day and the Tyme,and thought that producing songs for Janet would be a great start. She had dumped her father as her manager by then-like her brothers before her-to great emotional turmoil,which is why she retreated to Jam and Lewis' studio to craft the history making making "Control". They helped her with song writing,producing and really shaped her success after that. Jam and Lewis were her Quincy Jones. To imply that Michael was somehow responsible for that part of her career is misleading.

by Anonymousreply 18210/07/2012

Janet shys away from the spotlight and attention...that's why she sings about her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 18310/07/2012

That still doesn't explain why you are so heavily invested in her Janbot. You could ignore them. It's not like you are changing anyone's opinion of her. Besides if you are a DL regular you should realize that we give everyone shit. You now "pointless bitchery" and all that. Join in the fun.

by Anonymousreply 18410/07/2012

Whoops, should be "you know".

by Anonymousreply 18510/07/2012

[quote]that's why she sings about her pussy.

Spoken like a true...anti-pussy person.

[quote] think you're wrong about that,[R170]. If memory serves,Janet released three albums prior to "Control"when she was managed by her father-the notorious Joe-to minor success. I believe that Jam and Lewis sought her out,wanting to distance themselves from Prince/Morris Day and the Tyme,and thought that producing songs for Janet would be a great start. She had dumped her father as her manager by then-like her brothers before her-to great emotional turmoil,which is why she retreated to Jam and Lewis' studio to craft the history making making "Control". They helped her with song writing,producing and really shaped her success after that. Jam and Lewis were her Quincy Jones. To imply that Michael was somehow responsible for that part of her career is misleading

Exactly.

Read it, Janet detractors. Read it again. And again. And again. Although, with this bunch, I get the feeling that it will go in one ear and out the other.

by Anonymousreply 18610/07/2012

[quote]To imply that Michael was somehow responsible for that part of her career is misleading.

REALITY CHECK: Nobody would know who the fuck Janet Jackson was if it weren't for the Jackson 5 and Micheal Jackson, America's Favorite Pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 18710/07/2012

R184, it's no use. Janbot isn't listening. Still, she's amusing in all the wrong ways :D

by Anonymousreply 18810/07/2012

R184, I know the premise of DL is pointless bitchery, giving celebs flack, etc., and the negative things on here I see posted about Janet actually make me laugh out loud, but some of the drivel posted just warrants a response. I actually have fun taking these folks to school. LOADS of fun.

by Anonymousreply 18910/07/2012

[quote]REALITY CHECK: Nobody would know who the fuck Janet Jackson was if it weren't for the Jackson 5 and Micheal Jackson, America's Favorite Pedophile.

I love your revisionist history-like stance. Your investment in such hatred reeks of jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 19010/07/2012

[quote]Still, she's amusing

It's HE, and thank you for the compliment.

by Anonymousreply 19110/07/2012

[quote] think Janbot IS actually Janet. She's revealed too many details that even the obsessed/psychotic fan wouldn't know.

You've actually been reading what Janbot wrote, R134? Wow. I just can't take it so I have to use trolldar to get through this thread.

by Anonymousreply 19210/07/2012

Well, most of my posts are videos, R192. You know you don't have to [italic]read[/italic] those, right?

by Anonymousreply 19310/07/2012

The urine stain makes them more easy to identify as some innocent posters have also added links to their posts.

So, what do you think that Janet's lawyers can achieve by threatening Vanity Fair besides attempting to save face for their client? Corporate counsel for Conde Nasty fine tooth combed the published piece for any material that would be potentially actionable against them. Do you think they gave a green light for publication if there were any? You expect Janet's lawyers to achieve what Bert Fields (Tammy Cruise's Esq.) threatened to do and and never followed through on with VF?

Don't tell me, you're going to produce a diarrhea explosion of posts extolling the virtues of her attorneys?

by Anonymousreply 19410/07/2012

LOL wow, R194! It took you a whopping 45 minutes to bump the thread back to the top! Nice!

Anyway, to answer your question (in one post because, unlike the "Who covers Janet Jackson songs?" poster, one post is all yours requires), I think that the only thing Janet's lawyers sending VF a letter SHOULD achieve is clearing the name of their client by demanding that the untruths passed off as the truth are retracted. When someone publishes lies about someone else, it is defamatory and slander.

by Anonymousreply 19510/07/2012

[quote]LOL wow, [R194]! It took you a whopping 45 minutes to bump the thread back to the top! Nice!

Bizarre statement whatever it might be trying to imply.

If you really believe that they are going to get VF to retract, you've just set the gold standard for delusion.

They're just throwing up a smokescreen to save their client's face. It's a case of the JD doing PR.

by Anonymousreply 19610/07/2012

[quote]Bizarre statement whatever it might be trying to imply.

The bizarre part is you commenting on it. I actually wasn't implying anything, just noting that you're a little slower than most at your retorts.

by Anonymousreply 19710/07/2012

[quote]They're just throwing up a smokescreen to save their client's face

It's about righting a lie for the truth. Saving face comes with it, but is irrelevant in the big picuture. Janet didn't hold up the funeral of her brother because she wasn't reimbursed, which is what the article claims. It was defamatory, and should be retracted.

by Anonymousreply 19810/07/2012

[quote]just noting that you're a little slower than most at your retorts

You believe that people keep their eyes glued to this thread to provide speedy responses to you? Ehm. Setting yet another standard for delusional. Let's call this one the "platinum standard" since you've exceeded yourself. I fully anticipate that you will reach titanium levels soon.

by Anonymousreply 19910/07/2012

[quote]You believe that people keep their eyes glued to this thread to provide speedy responses to you? Ehm. Setting yet another standard for delusional. Let's call this one the "platinum standard" since you've exceeded yourself. I fully anticipate that you will reach titanium levels soon.

Well, this one took a whole hour for you to respond! You're not too good with progress, are you? And what, no more about that "smoke screen" you mentioned earlier?

R199, you so duly noted in an earlier post about what an arduous task it is for you to "get though" this thread without having to trolldar my posts. Well, let me give you a little tip to make things easier on yourself. If it's so hard reading the thread and weeding out my responses, how about you remove yourself from it and refrain from clicking on it? There's an idea.

by Anonymousreply 20010/07/2012

Who is the Janbot, and why is she spending all weekend at this?

Could it be Janet herself? I think not, the Janbot can spell, and the Jackson siblings probably missed out on what little education the Gary school system could provide.

On the other hand, Janet herself actually has the time to make 200 posts about herself.

by Anonymousreply 20110/07/2012

Why am [italic]I[/italic] spending all weekend at this? You all are the ones bumping the thread and perpetuationg this. I'm just responding.

It's obvious that you're just as misguided as some of the rest. Janet Jackson was schooled in Los Angeles, not Gary.

by Anonymousreply 20210/07/2012

R131 is a thousand percent right.

Eldergay #3101962 - a bastion of taste in a tasteless world.

by Anonymousreply 20310/07/2012

Wendy Williams is talkin' about this story! Janet's gonna get married in Qatar and each of her 500 wedding guests are gettin' a $10k Rolex. Gurrrrrl

by Anonymousreply 20410/09/2012

Someone disturbed R201. I very rarely even open up the JJ posts as I don't care for her one way or the other. The only song of hers I've heard was Nasty Boys and that was back in the eighties. I pop in occasionally to see how nuts the troll has gotten.

by Anonymousreply 20510/09/2012

Randy and Jermaine are negotiating the bride price as I'm typing.

by Anonymousreply 20610/09/2012

Can the Arab guy afford to pay for her Acyclovir prescriptions?

by Anonymousreply 20710/09/2012

Hey R205, disturbed is what you see when you look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 20810/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.