Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What do you think Dean Winchester is plotting with the vampire?

And who was the cloaked figure watching Sam Winchester's movements?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 8005/16/2013

It's not really Dean.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 110/05/2012

Wouldn't Crowley have spotted an imposter?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 210/05/2012

Whatever it is it can only be an improvement over that lame-ass angel

Ty (Benny) is quite the looker and has good chemistry with Jensen.

Yes it is, Dean. Why wouldn't it be him?

Something is wrong with Sam, though.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 310/05/2012

Forgot to mention, the lurker was wearing some sort of black heavy-looking coat.

Benny and Crowley were both wearing black coats.

I actually thought it was Benny looking on.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 410/05/2012

Are we talking about that TV show that basically should be entitled "Corbin Fisher's X-Files"?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 510/05/2012

Who the hell is Corbin Fisher?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 610/05/2012

Turn in your gay card, r6.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 710/05/2012

Is there some way to preserve R6 for easy retrieval the next time someone claims there's no straight women on DL?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 810/05/2012

My theories:

Crowley - keeping an eye on Sam to check if he's plotting something after Dean's disappearance. Crowley should know to never underestimate a Winchester.

Cas - who somehow got out of Purgatory w/o Dean being aware.

Kevin Tran - deciding whether to approach Sam for help.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 910/05/2012

Episode 8.02 ----------

Oh Dean, oh Cas.....

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1010/10/2012

I was watching and wondering what the hell is going on. I thought tonight was the season premiere.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1110/10/2012

have they fucked yet?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1210/11/2012

Who, R12?

It was a good episode. Loved Crowley although sometimes he's better in small doses.

I hope they left that stupid angel in Purgatory.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1310/11/2012

Shout out to DL with the 'Tiger Mom'?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1410/12/2012

Bring back Castiel!

R14, no, that's a very common saying.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1510/12/2012

Which scene had the "cloaked figure"? I guess I missed it.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1610/12/2012

It was very brief near the beginning. Someone was shown watching the house where Sam was staying with the girl. It was a very brief, partial shot of a figure. I don't remember it being cloaked as such.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1710/12/2012

Thanks, r17.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1810/12/2012

Dean, Castiel and the Southern vampire need to have a dirty threesome in purgatory.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 1910/12/2012

FWIW, "What's Up, Tiger Mommy?" is a lift from Woody Allen's "What's Up, Tiger Lily?" However, I don't think it was meant to allude to anything other than the title.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2010/12/2012

I'm not sure Dean and Benny are plotting anything. Benny just wanted to get out and used Dean for that.

What I'm really want to see is Benny meeting up with the alpha vampire. Since the vampire vowed to "see you next season", I expect him to show up sometime. He may be needed help the Winchesters get the tablet back and Benny could have some impact on that happening.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2110/13/2012

I'm very interested in this weeks episode - Benny calls Dean for help. Dean tells Sam he has to leave for a day to take care of a 'personal matter'. Sam is not pleased.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2210/28/2012

Dean and Cas, R13....

How soon before Dean comes out?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2310/28/2012

Oh, fuck off, R23.

No way, no how is the show ever going to go there.

The mere thought is gross.

That fucking angel character will be the ruin of this show. He is only important to very few people.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2410/28/2012

They released a more complete description of 7.8, saying Castiel appears in front of Sam and Dean, and can't remember how he got out of Purgatory.

Also, it was mentioned in the preview showing Dean and Benny in the car, Benny was drinking blood from a sippy cup.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2510/28/2012

R24 - what are you, headless?

This show has been just skirting the Dean/Cas love story for YEARS.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2610/28/2012

What show have you been watching, asshat??

Love? Bitch, please.

Tolerance, maybe, acceptance of his abilities to help them, sure.

Dean has called him a child on MANY occasions.

Benny is his friend now as well.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2710/28/2012

Cas entering the body of that one woman Dean was picking up in a bar two seasons ago so he could experience physical love was my favorite SUPERNATURAL scene. I loved how he looked at Dean the next morning, when he was back in his usual borrow body.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2810/28/2012

Hell, Benny should have let them kill that damn angel.

That Greek girl was pretty.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 2911/01/2012

R24 thinks that Jared and Jensen are a secret monogamous gay couple.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3011/01/2012

When the season started, I also wondered if/when Benny would betray Dean. After the last few episodes, I don't get the feeling that Benny has an agenda or plans to cause Dean harm. On the other hand, Sam will probably be giving Benny the side eye for awhile.

I like the subtle jealousy vibe between Castiel and Benny, with Dean being the 'fair maiden'.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3111/02/2012

"This show has been just skirting the Dean/Cas love story for YEARS."

Yes. Agree. There is no denying that unless you have some kind of personal issue with it.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3211/02/2012

R29 is a Castiel/Misha Collins hating lunatic, and given that she's never heard of Corbin Fisher I imagine she's a rabid Jensen/Jared fangirl who wandered in out of the fandom wilderness.

Just trolldar her and read her posts. She comes off as really angry and kind of disturbed.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3311/02/2012

Benny's maker was gay, right?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3411/02/2012

He was awful pretty, for sure.

Maybe he isn't dead, they never showed him getting killed.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3511/02/2012

I like all the jealousy between the hot dudes on this show. They should deal with it by gangbanging Dean.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3611/02/2012

I had no love for Benny the tortured vampire until this episode. The cliche has been done to death, but I have a soft spot for the "bad guy gone good" archetype.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3711/05/2012

That vampire father was hot in a pretty way. And enough about shipping, R26 and R22' you seem like a bunch of fat twifans

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3811/05/2012

Can someone explain the vampires on Supernatural? They aren't traditional live forever vamps are they.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 3911/05/2012

R32 not 22

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4011/05/2012

R39, I think they are the "live forever" kind of vampires. They can be killed by cutting their heads off. Dean was killing them all by cutting their heads off. There was something in an early episode that said they could not be killed by staking them.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4111/05/2012

Are they really going to make Garth the new Bobby? I like to see him about once or twice a season. If they make him a regular, they need to tone down the geekiness more than they already have.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4211/09/2012

Where is Kevin's father?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4311/16/2012

How many minutes before the Trans are stolen from Garth? What is he going to do if a load of demons show up - faint at them?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4411/16/2012

I expect they'll make Garth surprisingly effective in protecting the Trans, all while annoying Mrs. Tran with his geekiness.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4511/16/2012

How can this show possibly be on the air still?

If someone had told me back in 1996, "They will re-make 'The X-Files' in the next two decades, but instead of Mulder and Scully it will star two inarticulate blond frat-boy types, like Bill and Ted but more presentable, as the investigators... and it will be successful for years and years and years," I would have thought they were completely insane.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4611/16/2012

I want Garth to train the Trans in all things supernatural and they form a hunter contact site.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4711/16/2012

I would like that too R47

The sexual tension between Dean and Castiel was very strong this week.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4811/16/2012

They're ruining Sam's character... It seems like Dean's been getting all the spotlight...

by just happy the new season has startedreply 4911/20/2012

I keep reading that new showrunner Jeremy Carver stated that this season is about perceptions - don't always trust things at first glance. Example: How Dean was wrong about Cas and Purgatory.

I think there's gonna be a twist that will explain Sam's 'weirdness' this season. Probably around mid-season hiatus time.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5011/20/2012

Hope so R50 because if not that would be some lame writing.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5111/21/2012

[quote]If someone had told me back in 1996, "They will re-make 'The X-Files' in the next two decades, but instead of Mulder and Scully it will star two inarticulate blond frat-boy types, like Bill and Ted but more presentable, as the investigators... and it will be successful for years and years and years," I would have thought they were completely insane.

I wouldn't call the show all that successful; certainly not as much as The X-Files in its heyday. It's not like it's ever been a top ten show or anything. Besides, it owes way more to Buffy and Angel than it does to Mulder and Scully.

It's not what I'd call high quality television but it's occasionally entertaining, especially at those moments when it's clearly not taking itself too seriously. Plus, the leads are cute. It's comfort food TV for me.

And even then, I almost always forget to watch it when it airs.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5211/21/2012

Castiel was great in the last episode. I loved watching him work with Sam for once as opposed to just Dean. The cartoon stuff was nice too. Amelia's ok but she seems tacked on to the show and feels quite unneccessary.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5311/30/2012

What if Amelia has been impregnated by Sam? That would be crazy.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5412/01/2012

Earrings...caftans...

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5512/01/2012

Has Cas fucked Dean yet?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5612/01/2012

Sam was a dick for going after Benny so hardcore and for getting a crazy hunter involved. How could he think that Dean would handle that?

Dean was a prick for sending Sam on a fake rescue to Amelia, to get him off the hunt for Benny. These guys will never learn.

The next episode looks great; I love Cas.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5712/06/2012

This show really has nowhere to go anymore. I've been a fan since the first season, but after both Winchesters went to hell and defeated Satan, there was nothing else to top that. The Leviathan story line was garbage. This season seems very unfocused.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5812/06/2012

Yeah, they were both jerks, R57. The need to reconcile with a long lingering hug.

Glad Castiel will be back for more soulful stares with Dean. Benny's a hot bear but his plots are always boring.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 5912/06/2012

There are fans who hate Cas for taking focus away from the brothers. I love Cas. I've been reading conspiracy theories that TPTB want to to tone down the Dean/Cas relationship.

Some who have seen next eps promo have extrapolated that Naomi's apparent torture of Cas is also taking Cas' memories away; he'll no longer have his "feelings" for Dean that have been cultivating over the last 3 seasons, as a way to de-gay their profound bond.

Possible or just fangirl raving?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6012/07/2012

I hope it's just fan lunacy R60.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6112/07/2012

Heads up, SPN fans. Jensen and Jared are going to be on "The Peoples Choice Awards" on 1/09/13.

Supernatural won in two categories and the J's are going to be on-hand to receive and as presenters. It's on CBS at 9PM.

I can't wait to see them looking hot AND getting the recognition they deserve. I'm hoping that Jared does something crazy, like he does in the video.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6201/07/2013

BREAKING: Jensen's wife is knocked up.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6301/07/2013

SPOILER:

Dean broke up with Benny last night; he chose his brother over his vampire friend (but who expected anything else).

Benny seems to be running out of his blood supplies and looks shaky. I don't like how he was eyeing those folks at their picnic. I hope he doesn't spin out of control and Dean has to gank him in the future.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6401/17/2013

I feel bad for Alfie. Poor baby:-(

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6501/17/2013

Alfie was cute. Sad to see him go.

No Castiel for the next 5 eps, which sucks but Dean dresses like a knight next week.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6601/17/2013

It's not the fangirls who are anti-gay. They want to see Cas and Dean get it on. The writers seem to be homphobic. The fans are saying, enough already, you've dragged this out to the point of ridiculousness. Have them kiss already.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6701/25/2013

There was lezzie-kissing this week - time for Dean & Cas to get it on!

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6801/25/2013

That's what the fans are saying, R68. I think if Jensen Ackles wasn't so conservative, probably they would write in some romantic situation, or at least more of a bromance.

Dean is so uncomfortable with ANY expression of affection, he even hates hugging Garth, who is just a nice guy who doesn't mean anything by it. Dean seems incapable of saying he loves anybody, even though you know he does. That's Ackles' acting, not the lines.

Dean treats Cas like shit. He's always yelling at him. When Cas doesn't understand something, he doesn't take the two minutes to explain it, he just ridicules him for not knowing stuff he would have no way of knowing. Why? Why not explain it and move on? Why constantly have no patience or tolerance for a guy who's a fish out of water? This season they've gotten better about that, but last season Cas was a punching bag for Dean's pent up hostility. Cas, a super strong angel, acted like a battered wife. He cowered when Dean yelled.

Somebody suggested recently that Dean was becoming so embittered from constantly losing everyone and putting up with Sam's crap, he would end up like Severus Snape. Surprised me at first, but I can see a 45-year old Dean Snape type character. A horrible pity though. The character is so iconic, you hate to see him go down that road.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 6901/25/2013

I don't see that R69. He seems protective of Cas, didn't want to leave purgatory without him and was trying to get him to talk out his feelings a few episodes back.

Whether Jensen's own (hypothetical) views would preclude a kiss, I don't know.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7001/26/2013

Dean has always pretended to be a guys guy but we can see clearly that he develops very close bonds with other men. He and Castiel have shared very intense looks and a hug. Benny is more of a physical guy so they appear more physical with one another while Castiel who isn't physical (he's an angel) tends to not initiate contact with Dean.

Ackles is the one who's shows Dean's affection in his eyes, stance, etc. He's also the one who had the director add a scene where he kept Castiel's coat when he thought Cas died.

Misha and Jensen seem to be really comfortable in each others spaces. No way would it be Jensen who's trying to keep Cas/Dean apart or has a 'homophobic' response to the interaction. He's the first one to joke about it.

The writers indicate that they think that Dean should only care about and love Sam. Too bad for them, Jensen/Dean is the one who plays the chemistry with the male characters, not just Sam (e.g. w/ John W., Cas, Benny, even the male character-siren, who preyed on men in female form yet did his enchantment on Dean in his male form b/c it was easier to get to Dean in that way and suck his life force out).

These writers are such morons when it comes to figuring out what the audience wants. Which is not just Sam and Dean but the guys interacting with some recurring characters who fill the show with life and work well with Jensen/Dean.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7101/26/2013

TA, R71. The writers seem to feel the entire series should be a bottle show with nobody but Dean and Sam. If the audience likes a character, they kill them. The only reason Cas is still there is the fans campaigned endlessly to keep him, and they still do.

For a while, they kept saying the audience "hated" female characters and wanted to get rid of them, but they killed off so many the fans started to complain. There's even a running joke thread title on Television Without Pity: "Sam Winchester - sleep with him and die!" At the conventions, women who have appeared on the show are very well liked and popular. I suppose they will say the audience hates females again because they can't stand Ameila. The actress is bland and the character is obnoxious, but if fans don't like her, that means they don't like every single woman on the show, according to the writers.

I think the truth is, the writers are mostly men and they don't know how to write women, so that means "the fans" don't like women. Not every woman has to be a fuck buddy of the guys either. Fans loved Ellen, Jo, the sheriff Jodie Mills, the women that played their mom, and a lot of them seem to like Felicia Day and Meg. The Ellen/Jo storyline was cut off too soon. They said it was because Jo was too young-looking to be Dean's girlfriend. So why did she have to be his girlfriend? Ellen was great. They did one episode with a Bobby/Ellen romance and that would have been fun to watch, but no.

Now, you have two hunters that are legends among hunters, but they don't know any. WTF?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7201/27/2013

The whole, "fans don't like female characters" is such a load of sexist shit from the writers. I loved when Raelle Tucker was writing for the show b/c she balanced things out so well. The rest of the writers seem to despise women. The nonstereotypical females that the fans love, which include Ellen (my favorite-hell, she could have banged Dean if they needed one of the Harville's for Dean), Pamela (the psychic), the first Meg who was such a hard core badass and well liked, Tessa the Reaper, etc. Since we liked those characters, of course the writers killed them off much too soon. The audience has also liked the females who were victims of the week like the one who her daughter was a changeling and Ava who turned evil. Apparently, no one can think outside the box and have women who aren't love objects if there is a chemistry problem btw actor/actress since women are nothing except something for a Winchester to fuck and kill (unintentionally).

The fans can deal with well written women and male characters. Problem is that there is no point in getting invested. EVERY character (besides Cas and Benny) which we care about has been killed off. I understood it with John Winchester though I hated that JDM was no longer around but damn, I and others really liked the black FBI guy, adorable Alfie, Papa John, Ellen, Rufus, crazy Gordon, Lenore, etc but of course nobody can live except SamDean since seeing good actors play interesting recurring roles is not part of SPN's plan.

I stupidly invested in Benny and I'm now regretting it b/c I know what these limited writers have in store for him. I didn't watch SPN last year b/c I heard that Castiel died. If the writers play the repetitive card again, I'm not going to bother with this show. There's no point or growth if the brothers can't interact with people.

Amelia isn't liked b/c the actress is bland and the writing for her and that WHOLE storyline sucks. Jeez, why not write a spitfire like Pamela as the gf and skip the cheating on the husband. Maybe that's why we don't like her. The problem isn't her it's the story. We want more of purgatory but apparently that story isn't interesting enough for the writers. These idiots don't get that purgatory and the whole Dean/Cas/Benny thing has been the best thing that has happened to this show since Cas first appeared. Oh well, I didn't watch last week and don't care to bother until Cas returns so at least I have the next month or two free on Wednesday.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7301/27/2013

Are they really going to leave Benny in Purgatory?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7404/09/2013

I bet he'll come back next season, R74. They didn't burn his bones!

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7504/09/2013

Why didn't Kevin's holy water water pistols work on the demons?

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7605/03/2013

OMG, Booger is evil!

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7705/16/2013

I guess Booger is the villain for next season, tormenting people for "stories". Could be good.

Now that Cas is human, he and Dean should consummate their love.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7805/16/2013

I'm not feeling the Cas-Dean relationship. Seems kind of try-hard from the writers. I do think it's a good set-up for next season though! I haven't been thrilled with the last few seasons but there were a few episodes this year I really liked. And I loved the Sam and Dean scene last night. I don't even have siblings but I love their bond, chemistry, whatever you want to call it.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 7905/16/2013

The finale was pretty good but not great. It may be impossible to ever top the season 4 finale.

by just happy the new season has startedreply 8005/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.