Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Viva middle-aged Las Vegas

I travel to Las Vegas occasionally on business, but have been partnered for years and never really explored the gay nightlife there. Now I'm single again, and I'd like to go out and possibly meet single guys while I'm there next week.

The caveat is that I'm now over 40, so I'd like to find a place with other eldergays around my age. On the last trip, someone advised me to try the Buffalo (not so great) and a tucked-away country bar called Charlie's, which was more fun. But I know there's got to be more to Vegas than twink bars.

I know I'm asking for it (and will enjoy the incoming bitchery), but if anyone has any real info about where to go out and have fun I'd appreciate that too.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2012

I really enjoyed the Star Trek exhibit - you get to visit the bridge of th Enterprise (Next Generation), take a ride in a shuttle and see all sorts of artifacts -- like Kirk's green Captain's coat from early first season - the one he got too fat for later on.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2012

Try this list

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2012

You need to go to the FunHog Ranch. Locals crowd the place on weekends, all ages. But maybe rough for a single guy unless you are really social. It's a place you'll find gaggles of gays out together.

Charlies is fun and friendly.

Buffalo is hit or miss, mostly miss, but when it hits, it's good.

The Eagle on Wednesday or Friday nights for underwear nights is a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2012

r3, Billy is that you?

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2012

Not Billy

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2012

These are all great ideas so far. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2012

LA is only four hours away.

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2012

Another question for Barfly or anyone else: I've looked at the locations of FunHog Ranch and the Eagle on a map, and would prefer to take a cab there and back.

Getting to either place is probably not a problem, but how difficult is it to get a cab out there if you call one to pick you up? Sorry if this seems a dumb question, but having waited in vain for Las Vegas cabs before, I've had the impression cabs mostly stick to driving people around the tourist areas and the airport.

by Anonymousreply 810/06/2012

A taxi at Buffalo should not be a problem. It's in the middle of the "Pink Triangle" with a couple of gay clubs close by and there are usually cabs waiting around, it's a pretty busy area.

For Funhog Ranch, the area is a little dicey and I would just ask the bartender to call you a cab. Should be no problem to get one that way.

by Anonymousreply 910/06/2012

Local and dread Vegas cabs. Hard to find someone honest that won't long haul you. Check complaints in Las Vegas Review Journal if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 1010/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!