Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Griswolds reunite

Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Anthony Michael Hall and Dana Baron of "National Lampoon's Vacation" got togther recently for Entertainment Weekly's "reunion" issue. Dana, particularly, looks great. It's hard to believe she's 46.

by Holiday Roadreply 2910/08/2012

I thought the daughter died. Is this a 'Fake Jan' scenario or am I thinking of that little kid in 'Poltergeist'?

by Holiday Roadreply 110/05/2012

Wait--which one is Beverly d'Angelo and which one is Dana Baron? And I thought it starred Dana Hill, not Dana Baron.

by Holiday Roadreply 210/05/2012

Dana Hill died some years ago.

by Holiday Roadreply 310/05/2012

"Dana Hill died some years ago."

In tht case, she looks remarkable!

by Holiday Roadreply 410/05/2012

Bev is the blonde in the front. You guys are thinking of the sequel, "National Lampoon's European Vacation". That one had Dana Hill as Audrey and Jason Lively as Rusty. The original movie, "National Lampoon's Vacation", had Michael Hall and Dana Baron as the kids. They were always my favorite set of Griswold kids. I don't know what the producers were thinking when they cast Johnny Galecki and Juliette Lewis as Rusty and Audrey in the third film, "Christmas Vacation". It was a running joke by then, that with each film, the kids would look drastically different.

by Holiday Roadreply 510/05/2012

We remember Dana Hill because Dana Hill was memorable. We know not nor care for this Dana Baron.

by Holiday Roadreply 610/05/2012

Too bad for you, R6. Dana Hill, fine actress that she was, starred in one of the weakest entries in the series (European).

Ms. Barron has the dubious distinction of starring alongside Tom Hanks in his very first film ("He Knows You're Alone"), and she gave a smashing performance in one of the "Death Wish" films. She was also in the '80s teen comedy classic "Heaven Help Us", and she played Brandon's girlfriend Nikki Witt in the third season of Beverly Hills, 90210.

by Holiday Roadreply 710/05/2012

Agreed, the kids in Christmas Vacation were the worst choices in film history. Just awful.

by Holiday Roadreply 810/05/2012

And yet, Christmas Vacation is the best of the lot.

by Holiday Roadreply 910/05/2012

"Ms. Barron has the dubious distinction of starring alongside Tom Hanks in his very first film ("He Knows You're Alone"), and she gave a smashing performance in one of the "Death Wish" films. She was also in the '80s teen comedy classic "Heaven Help Us", and she played Brandon's girlfriend Nikki Witt in the third season of Beverly Hills, 90210."

Well, smell her. What a fucking thespian. But I notice she never took out her frustrations on a ketchup bottle and an innocent plate of fries.

by Holiday Roadreply 1010/05/2012

Audrey in European Vacation (the dead one) was my favorite.

by Holiday Roadreply 1110/05/2012

LOL, well lookie here. Dana Barron has an avid hater.

by Holiday Roadreply 1210/05/2012

That's Beverly?

Chevy used to have great legs. Ah short shorts.

by Holiday Roadreply 1310/05/2012

Chevy really was hot back in those days. His height, great legs, deep tan, deep chin cleft, full lips...

by Holiday Roadreply 1410/05/2012

You suck, you know that?

Retard!

by Holiday Roadreply 1510/05/2012

Some trivia about that first film as that they actually went back and reshot the entire ending. The ending in the movie shows the Griswold's going back to Wally World with Clark using his BB gun to bully John Candy into giving them all free rides on the rollercoasters. The original ending had the Griswold's going to Wally's house and confronting him there. Test audiences hated that ending, so they reshot it. You can tell that Anthony Michael and Chevy's hair is a bit shorter in that last scene than in the previous scenes.

by Holiday Roadreply 1610/05/2012

The endings in both of the first movies were awful. I love European Vacation until the ridiculous kidnapping.

by Holiday Roadreply 1710/05/2012

I loved European Vacation when I was a kid and watched it many times. I tried to watch it as an adult and shut it off after 30 minutes. It's one of those things you loved as a kid but as an adult you see how awful it was.

by Holiday Roadreply 1810/05/2012

I want another with the ORIGINAL cast and their mates and grandkids all traveling but apparently both Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid both are both nutz now and hard to work with.

by Holiday Roadreply 1910/05/2012

I used to know Dana's parents. Her father was a big ad exec from N.W. Ayer, but retired after he had a stroke. He was a vile though harmless man, who was much more tolerable once he was down to 200 words. He had almost comical speech aphasia, and used to call his wife "My dog", because he could no longer say the word "wife" for some reason.

Dana's mother is quite nice, and a very generous person. She used to let the gay guys who worked at their business use their Fire Island Pines house whenever they weren't using it. It was at 333 Ozone. Modest, but free!

by Holiday Roadreply 2010/06/2012

Post the "Clueless" reunion!

by Holiday Roadreply 2110/06/2012

Who cares? They were barely relevant 30 years ago and they are only seen in the dollar bin of Walmart near the checkout line now.

by Holiday Roadreply 2210/06/2012

Bevs D'Angelo looks amazing for a woman in her 60s.

by Holiday Roadreply 2310/06/2012

AMH got ugly!

by Holiday Roadreply 2410/06/2012

Which Dana are you speaking of, R20?

by Holiday Roadreply 2510/07/2012

Barron.

by Holiday Roadreply 2610/07/2012

Cool!

by Holiday Roadreply 2710/07/2012

How did she die?

by Holiday Roadreply 2810/08/2012

I think it was something to do with diabetes....

The look of Imogene Coca's face when she knowingly eats a sandwich a dog peed on is priceless...

by Holiday Roadreply 2910/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.