Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Ford and Richard Buckley announce birth of son

Ford is 51 and Buckley is 64.

Dudes, you're practically his grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 4110/07/2012

God, let's hope they both don't carry the, shallow, gene. Tom sure got his figure back quickly. 12 days must be some sort of record.

by Anonymousreply 110/05/2012

I didn't know Tom Ford was married to Carol Channing.

by Anonymousreply 210/05/2012

Once again proving his unbelievable selfishness, Tom and his partner opted for a newborn baby when they're both old enough to be grandparents. By the time the kid is 18, it's likely that Buckley will be dead and Tom will be nearing his 70s. This is definitely not an announcement to cheer, regardless of the parents' sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 310/05/2012

Gaby is the new black, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 410/05/2012

I'm sure the kid will get a nice young stepdad once Richard kicks the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 510/05/2012

Gad, Buckley is practically cadaverous already.

by Anonymousreply 610/05/2012

Richard Buckley? Does Tom Ford really need to be a trophy wife?

by Anonymousreply 710/05/2012

Leave the boy's penis intact.

by Anonymousreply 810/05/2012

"By the time the kid is 18, it's likely that Buckley will be dead and Tom will be nearing his 70s. "

I'm sure the nanny will be young and energetic.

by Anonymousreply 910/05/2012

Tom seems like the type who would prefer elegance and refinement in his husband and young model twinks on the side. Tom smartly realizes that a man of his position can have both the charming, sophisticated partner AND the young studs. I'm pretty sure he and Buckley haven't had actual sex in at least a decade. At some point in a relationship it becomes less about physical attraction and more about companionship and pleasant conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1010/05/2012

I do not believe that they aborted three female fetuses before they got the magical little boy.

And I do believe he has his father's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1110/05/2012

WTF? I guess it's some sort of payoff for Richard who helped Tom have entree into the fashion world.

I'm betting it's Richard's kid cuz he's been sick for awhile - I believe he had cancer at some point.

But, overall, that's too fucking old to have kids. And Tom is a bitch about looks, weight and clothing.

I hope their kid is not overweight or ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1210/05/2012

[quote]I hope their kid is not overweight or ugly.

Karma will likely see to it that the kids is BOTH.

by Anonymousreply 1310/05/2012

[quote]I hope their kid is not overweight or ugly.

Me, too.

by Anonymousreply 1410/05/2012

I'm pro-choice in every aspect of breeding. But this is just too old to be a parent. I'm sorry. It's cruel to the kid.

by Anonymousreply 1510/05/2012

I love equality, marriage and kids, but I'm always sad when two gay men create a new child instead of adopting. I can't stand to think of a baby without a custodial mother.

by Anonymousreply 1610/06/2012

Not having sex with each other in a decade is crazy, R10. I don't care how much you trend towards 'companionship' and 'pleasant conversation' - that's just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 1710/06/2012

Revolting and narcissistic

by Anonymousreply 1810/06/2012

Buckley was very successful when they met. I think he was editor of WWD. He has always been well regarded and liked in the fashion world.

Years ago, in a profile of Tom in Vanity Fair, Buckley said he had to remind Ford that he is NOT Mrs. Norman Maine.

by Anonymousreply 1910/06/2012

I've worked with Tom Ford (he costumed me for something) and been to his home in Santa Fe with Buckley.

While I respect his achievements in fashion, people need to realize this whole "Tom Ford sexy" thing is a complete PR fabrication, something he has admittedly mastered.

He is weirdly unattractive and quite strange in person. Everything about him is studied and false and he's bizarrely uncomfortable in his body. The fake tan, the bad toupee, the shirts open down to the middle of the chest, the oversaturation of cologne... It's all so very 1990s Eastern European disco troll.

From what I saw of his interactions with Buckley, they were as expected. Respectful, but emotionally distant. I didn't see him making any moves on guys, although I'm sure he has sex outside of their relationship. Rumors are that he pays for them. His personality is so strangely lizard like, and he's so oddly asexual, I can imagine that his sexual encounters are... Shall we say, unsatisfactory.

I found this to be disappointing in the extreme, especially since his entire career has been predicated on his clothes' "sexiness." While I still feel his clothes do have that air about them, the person behind them is decidedly not.

by Anonymousreply 2010/06/2012

Ford strikes me as a voyeur type. The kind of troll who likes to pay a bevy of gorgeous men to fuck in front of him while he salivates in the corner, directing the action as if he were on a high fashion photo shoot.

Andy Warhol was notorious for this.

by Anonymousreply 2110/06/2012

I think the bio Dad is Tom. With an ego like his, I'm sure he'd like his genes to live on.

Side note to Tom: Black is not the new black. Wear some color!

by Anonymousreply 2210/06/2012

[quote]I've worked with Tom Ford (he costumed me for something)

Tom is *so clever* with his cater-waiter outfits!

by Anonymousreply 2310/06/2012

No r23, but nice try, hon.

by Anonymousreply 2410/06/2012

Tom is so slim-hipped, I bet it was caesarean.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2012

What's his secret?

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2012

Tom Ford gave an interview several years ago talking about how much he wanted kids. He made it sound there like Buckley was the hold-out.

I can't believe they've been together 25 years. Wow, time flies.

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2012

Their is a logical reason why women get a menopause in their late 40s or early 50s. Conception starts to get difficult way before.

I can't even start to express how much I despise these selfish and old parents. It takes energy to raise your kids, not only money and nannies.

by Anonymousreply 2810/06/2012

r20, thanks for that nice bit of gossip. Any more Tom stories?

by Anonymousreply 2910/06/2012

His other daughter Betty looks better

by Anonymousreply 3010/06/2012

[quote] Tom Ford and Richard Buckley announce birth of son

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.

by Anonymousreply 3110/06/2012

If those fat fucks David and Elton can have one, why can't we?

by Anonymousreply 3210/06/2012

I fear for the kid. Tom Ford called Colin Firth fat. Imagine his reaction to a properly fed baby.

by Anonymousreply 3310/06/2012

WW R33.

by Anonymousreply 3410/06/2012

His Grey Vetiver cologne for men is... intoxicating (I tore one of those inserts out of a magazine).

by Anonymousreply 3510/06/2012

[quote] I didn't see him making any moves on guys, although I'm sure he has sex outside of their relationship. Rumors are that he pays for them. His personality is so strangely lizard like, and he's so oddly asexual, I can imagine that his sexual encounters are... Shall we say, unsatisfactory.

I used to wait tables at Il Cantinori in the village in NYC (Where Carrie Bradshaw celebrated her 35 bday). Tom would come there all the time. He would get a little tipsy and try to lure me into the men's bathroom downstairs. I never took him up on it, but it happened a couple of times.

John Melfi, executive producer of Sex and the City and other HBO/Showtime shows has a fat dick that he used to love standing back from the urinal and showing off.

by Anonymousreply 3610/06/2012

I've heard rumors that Buckley is really the force behind the whole Tom Ford brand. I think their relationship is the one between Svengali and his creation, which would explain its longevity.

by Anonymousreply 3710/06/2012

I'm halfway ready to believe that r37.

by Anonymousreply 3810/06/2012

What would Rupert Everett say?

by Anonymousreply 3910/06/2012

that may well be true, r37, but if so, tom is completely unaware of richard's contributions. his ego is as big as everyone on this thread says it is, and then some- he would NEVER acknowledge, even to himself, that anyone else has played a role in his success but him.

by Anonymousreply 4010/07/2012

Did anybody get Rupert Everett's comments on the news?

by Anonymousreply 4110/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.